Jagdhund hit all 3 machine gun shots, since she has a +5 to ranged attacks (5-1 = 4 to account for firing a burst). Additionally, both Garneles benefit from Jagdhund's +5 to ranged, (so it would be a +4 once you account for a 3 shot burst reducing accuracy by 1). As such, Garnele 1 also hit with the 2nd shot, unless the roll of one means its gun misfired first.
Garnele 2 also hit with all its shots as well

I also dont remember if Garneles can crit.

Rolling Hit Locs.
Captainwolf threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Garnele 1 2nd shot Hit Loc Total: 14
9 9 5 5
Captainwolf threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Garnele 2 1st/2nd hit locs Total: 28
7 7 1 1 10 10 10 10
Captainwolf threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Jagdhund 2nd Hit loc Total: 11
6 6 5 5

Last edited:
Jagdhund hit all 3 machine gun shots, since she has a +5 to ranged attacks (5-1 = 4 to account for firing a burst). Additionally, both Garneles benefit from Jagdhund's +5 to ranged, (so it would be a +4 once you account for a 3 shot burst reducing accuracy by 1). As such, Garnele 1 also hit with the 2nd shot, unless the roll of one means its gun misfired first.
Well thank you, It's been a while.

Actually, can someone throw me 2/d10+3 for Tacit's gate-stabbing?

And a Prog Vice roll and location, since Tara rolled a natural 1.

I'll roll for the Vice.

Edit: And that's a Glancing Hit to the Neck.
Vanestus threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Progressive Vice Total: 3
3 3
Vanestus threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: Hit Loc Total: 14
4 4 10 10

Last edited:
[X] Plan Hit the Glowing Thing for Massive Damage ver. 1.0
-[x] Revolver Shogun fires an Ultra Barrage with the Ultra Autocannons, targetting Clawface.
-[x] Jagdhund commands the Garneles to fire at Clawface, in bursts.
-[x] Jagdhund herself equips the Machine Cannon from her SEER and fires a burst at Clawface.
-[x] Phenom continues to Grapple Tara.
-[x] Tacit moves to the entrance of the monolith and starts slashing a way through.
As Tara and Phenom clash, another gout of blood erupts from the kaiju's broken arm, and the limb buckles. Tara shrieks and stumbles, her stance falling apart in an instant. Phenom Sable wastes no time, and clamps down once more, claws squealing off Tara's armour.

(22)
(8)

Phenom Sable wins the Grapple! 14 Advantage Points!
No damage from Progressive Vice!

My sole comment here is a recommendation to be careful with taking out Tara. Kaiju biology doesn't really like staying intact after death, and messy disembowelment isn't gonna slow that process down.

Meanwhile, the two ranged jaegers turn their attention to the looming shape of Clawface.

"Open fire!"

A storm of bullets and shells erupt from the mechs, only for Revolver's contribution to immediately cut off after only a second's worth of fire, the internal mechanisms jamming from the overclocked cycling rate. Jagdhund and her Garneles, though, strike true, scoring multiple direct hits on their opposition.

Ultra Autocannon Jams! Attack Cancelled!
Extra Ammo expended! Garnele Alpha at 0/7/12 Ammunition!
Extra Ammo expended! Garnele Bravo at 0/8/12 Ammunition!
Extra Ammo expended! Jagdhund Machine Cannon at 8 Ammunition!

Hit to Neck! Glancing Hit!
Hit to Left Shoulder! Glancing Hit!
Hit to Right Shoulder! Minor Wound! -1 HtH, -1 Dex!
Hit to Pelvis! Tissue Destruction! Legs Disabled! -1 Agility for 5 Rounds!
Hit to Chest! Chemical Burn! -1 Strength for 2 Rounds!
Clawface takes 9 Strikes! +1 Ongoing!

Most of the shots score little in the way of damage, chipping away scales and sending shards of red polymer through flesh-- but then Clawface stumbles in agony, a plume of red and cyan erupting from its gut as a few of Jagdhund's rounds punch through the skin and detonate, the Special Bakelite ripping open the kaiju's secondary brain and cutting control to its legs!

You still had Bakelite Rounds loaded in Jagdhund's rifle, but that doesn't seem to have been an issue here.
Unfortunately, due to Jamming forcing you to eject the magazine and stick a new one in, Revolver's just run out of ammo for the U-10, as you don't have any spare reloads left over-- so they're kinda stuck with their missiles and the arm laser for the rest of this fight. Further unfortunately, Revolver doesn't have the manual dexterity to use any of Jagdhund's guns.

Yet even as it falls backward, yellow light spills from its tuning-fork mandibles, and a beam of light slashing out, narrowly missing Jagdhund as it arcs into the sky.

Tacit Ronin closes in on the gate, launching several thrusts towards the creases of the aperture, but whatever material they're made of is clearly strong enough to resist the blows, and the only real results are a few sparks.

2 Strikes to Northern Gate!

I'm gonna cut this post here, as you've got to resolve your grapple and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the remaining Kaiju on the board.

Protectorate:
- Jaegers:
-- Tacit Ronin adjacent to the northern gate.
-- Phenom is grapplin' Tara.
-- Jagdhund is 2 spaces from the hole in the wall.
-- Garneles Alpha and Bravo are next to Revolver.
-- Revolver Shogun is within the inner perimeter, directly opposite the northern entrance (3 spaces)
- Crunchies and Superheavies are busy, except for:
-- 2 Drakons still armed, carrying 2 Sunfire bombs. They're in quantum superposition, and will appear when and where you need them to do a thing.

Anteverse/Kaiju Fortress:
- Kaiju:
-- Clawface is atop the fortress, 5 units up, roughly 12 units horizontal from the northern Hall's entrance (right in the middle of the Monument, so 2 units from the edge). He's fallen over, and due to positioning is thus out of you line of sight.
-- Tara is behind the Inner Perimeter, grappling with Phenom Sable.
- Base Defenses are busy.

While we get started on the grapple plans, I'd like to show you all a small project I've been working on for the past couple days. I recently downloaded a Game called M.A.S.S. Builder, that lets you design your own giant robot with a surprising degree of freedom. And naturally, I couldn't NOT attempt to recreate one of our beloved Jaegers.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Jagdhund, in 3D!

View: https://imgur.com/a/3tXvpdv

I plan to make Phenom next, followed by probably Revolver Shogun, and Tacit unfortunately comes last because his proportions and weapons are a bit awkward to do in the game, and I'd rather have as much know-how as possible to do our star justice.

On the topic of what to do next, I think we have Phenom keep grappling, Jagdhund and Garneles overwatch in case Clawface pokes it's face up again, and Revolver should move to help Tacit batter down the gate, since it's not like Revolver's lasers and missiles are very powerful.

On the topic of what to do next, I think we have Phenom keep grappling, Jagdhund and Garneles overwatch in case Clawface pokes it's face up again, and Revolver should move to help Tacit batter down the gate, since it's not like Revolver's lasers and missiles are very powerful.
We have 14 grapple advantage points. Enough for two breaks and a Free Attack, but we really don't want to kill Tara so we can finally harvest those gametes.
A Break, two submission holds and then start choking out, just to be sure?

Honestly, I almost pity Tara.
Almost.

IIRC Tara took only 5 strikes + 4 Ongoing, then regenerated 1 strike and ongoing, leaving it at 4 strikes, 3 Ongoing.
Still remarkably healthy. We can afford to break it a bit more.

[X] Grapple Plan
-[x] 5 point Break, two 3 point Submission Holds, 3 point Choke Out.

While we get started on the grapple plans, I'd like to show you all a small project I've been working on for the past couple days. I recently downloaded a Game called M.A.S.S. Builder, that lets you design your own giant robot with a surprising degree of freedom. And naturally, I couldn't NOT attempt to recreate one of our beloved Jaegers.

I plan to make Phenom next, followed by probably Revolver Shogun, and Tacit unfortunately comes last because his proportions and weapons are a bit awkward to do in the game, and I'd rather have as much know-how as possible to do our star justice.

That's fuckin' awesome.

This fight is showcasing some of Revolver Shogun's weaknesses though, she's a Gambler bot no doubt about it, research needs to be done to mitigate or eliminate the worse effects of a natural one on their attacks.

This fight is showcasing some of Revolver Shogun's weaknesses though, she's a Gambler bot no doubt about it, research needs to be done to mitigate or eliminate the worse effects of a natural one on their attacks.
Well, some of it will be resolved once we have Revolver kitted out properly.

What is planned for Revolver?
Set of grenade launchers, pair of kinetic guillotines, and a set of actual literal revolvers. Six guns in total.

The BRRRRT gun is a holdover from Revolver's original frame before he was rebuilt and renamed, which we're keeping until it comes time to install the guillotines.

As Tara and Phenom clash, another gout of blood erupts from the kaiju's broken arm, and the limb buckles. Tara shrieks and stumbles, her stance falling apart in an instant. Phenom Sable wastes no time, and clamps down once more, claws squealing off Tara's armour.

(22)
(8)

Phenom Sable wins the Grapple! 14 Advantage Points!
Well...that's definitely a lot to work with.
My sole comment here is a recommendation to be careful with taking out Tara. Kaiju biology doesn't really like staying intact after death, and messy disembowelment isn't gonna slow that process down.
Makes sense. The more intact the Kaiju, the better off we are when it comes to harvesting and studying it.
Hit to Neck! Glancing Hit!
Hit to Left Shoulder! Glancing Hit!
Hit to Right Shoulder! Minor Wound! -1 HtH, -1 Dex!
Hit to Pelvis! Tissue Destruction! Legs Disabled! -1 Agility for 5 Rounds!
Hit to Chest! Chemical Burn! -1 Strength for 2 Rounds!
Clawface takes 9 Strikes! +1 Ongoing!

Most of the shots score little in the way of damage, chipping away scales and sending shards of red polymer through flesh-- but then Clawface stumbles in agony, a plume of red and cyan erupting from its gut as a few of Jagdhund's rounds punch through the skin and detonate, the Special Bakelite ripping open the kaiju's secondary brain and cutting control to its legs!
Unfortunate jam aside, that was an extremely successful barrage. Especially with Bakelite loaded in Jagdhund's case. While the debuffs aren't super relevant for the purposes of Ranged combat, they may still end up screwing Clawface over in terms of reactions.
Unfortunately, due to Jamming forcing you to eject the magazine and stick a new one in, Revolver's just run out of ammo for the U-10, as you don't have any spare reloads left over-- so they're kinda stuck with their missiles and the arm laser for the rest of this fight. Further unfortunately, Revolver doesn't have the manual dexterity to use any of Jagdhund's guns.
Should have packed more ammo. I'll make a note.

That's freaking fantastic. Seriously, nice work.
since it's not like Revolver's lasers and missiles are very powerful.
Revolver's Missiles are actually pretty decent. With 3 shots per use instead of the U-10's default of 2, and only one point less damage bonus, they're comparable to the U-10 in damage output. What they're not, though, is long-ranged. They're also lacking with regards to AP, which may be an issue for breaking the doors in. Then again, the quantity of damage might be superior. I'd have to give it a little thought.
Amazing.

Lurked on this thread and its precursors, somewhat off and on, for a long time, figured I'd join after another quest made me decide to make an account.
Happy to have you, especially given your excellent taste in usernames and avatars.
Set of grenade launchers, pair of kinetic guillotines, and a set of actual literal revolvers. Six guns in total.

The BRRRRT gun is a holdover from Revolver's original frame before he was rebuilt and renamed, which we're keeping until it comes time to install the guillotines.
I have several of Revolver's planned improvements marked down as candidates for research next turn. The Kinetic Guillotines are fairly high on the list, and are a candidate for a Token+Joint Research combo, if we really want to go all in to make sure Revolver's long-distance weapons are top-quality. I don't recall what area(s) precisely they're lacking in, though I want to say it's the range, comparing the stat-blocks. It's much less jamming prone, and doesn't need ammo. Which does means 1s burn them out.

Current model of Kinetic Guillotines and U-10 stat blocks for comparison:
SRSE-1 Kinetic Guillotine
2000 Resources
Built-in Ranged Weapon (F)
Attack Dice: 1d10 (pairs)
Armour Penetration: 2
Damage Type: Edged
Damage Bonus: 3
Range: 15/20/25
Special:
Kinetic Shatter: deals +2 AP and +3 Damage for the purpose of a Barrier's Power and Integrity.
Supercharge: Instead of firing the Kinetic Guillotine(s), the wielder may spend their Standard Action to charge the weapon(s). Each round that the Kinetic Guillotine is charged, increase the AP and Damage Bonus of its next attack by 1, to a maximum of 5 AP/ 6 Damage Bonus (3 rounds of charging). If the wielder suffers damage while charging the weapon, or performs a standard action other than charging, aiming, or firing the weapon, they must pass a Toughness (7) test, with a penalty equal to the number of Strikes taken, or lose one level of charge.
U-10 300mm Ultra Autocannon
Built-in Ranged Weapon (Rifle, M 8)
1200 Resources
Attack Dice: 2x 1d10/Special
Armour Penetration: 3
Damage Type: Impact
Range: 20/30/40
Capacity: 8
Reload: 1 Movement, Special
Special:
Ultra Barrage: As a standard action, the jaeger may fire the Ultra Autocannon two times on its turn, treating its Ranged stat as halved (rounding down) for the purpose of resolving the second attack. This is treated as making two separate attacks for all purposes, though the Ultra Autocannon will immediately Jam as a Misfire if it would expend more ammo than normal. Internal Ammo Feeds: Reloading or un-Jamming the Ultra Autocannon can be done without the use of any hands.

Obviously, they're extremely different weapons, and thus hard to compare, but the range difference is definitely sizable. It is worth noting that you need a lot more damage to hit each new Wound level with Edged, with the exception of Edged's extremely low bar for Destruction Wounds (15+), second only to Burst's 10+. Which actually makes the Supercharge really tempting tactically. If consistency is a concern, we could aim to decrease the Supercharge penalties along with increasing the range.

The shotguns are also on the list, albeit at lower priority. While they will probably be Revolver's most iconic and versatile weapons, long distance is definitely where we do most of our fighting. They're also just simpler and easier to research than weapons built on space magic exotic physics. But I could move those up as well, if people want. They're probably going to be a lot cheaper than the KGs, and thus an easier improvement to squeeze into the budget.Honestly, while quite serviceable, most of Revolver's current armament isn't really up to our rather high standards. Their entire weapon load-out costs less than Jagdhund's Dolch Gewher alone.

On a complete tangent, since Fyr plans on changing to a new thread after this fight, we'll be bringing Tacit up to Mark IV at the very start of thread IV. Because yeah, that's at the top of the to-do list. Possibly after trade shenanigans, but still. (E: Trade is being handled in-line, so yeah, same turn we start on.) Probably won't take us too long after that to give him wings.

Last edited:
Well...that's definitely a lot to work with.

Makes sense. The more intact the Kaiju, the better off we are when it comes to harvesting and studying it.

Unfortunate jam aside, that was an extremely successful barrage. Especially with Bakelite loaded in Jagdhund's case. While the debuffs aren't super relevant for the purposes of Ranged combat, they may still end up screwing Clawface over in terms of reactions.

Should have packed more ammo. I'll make a note.

That's freaking fantastic. Seriously, nice work.

Revolver's Missiles are actually pretty decent. With 3 shots per use instead of the U-10's default of 2, and only one point less damage bonus, they're comparable to the U-10 in damage output. What they're not, though, is long-ranged. They're also lacking with regards to AP, which may be an issue for breaking the doors in. Then again, the quantity of damage might be superior. I'd have to give it a little thought.

Happy to have you, especially given your excellent taste in usernames and avatars.

I have several of Revolver's planned improvements marked down as candidates for research next turn. The Kinetic Guillotines are fairly high on the list, and are a candidate for a Token+Joint Research combo, if we really want to go all in to make sure Revolver's long-distance weapons are top-quality. I don't recall what area(s) precisely they're lacking in, though I want to say it's the range, comparing the stat-blocks. It's much less jamming prone, and doesn't need ammo. Which does means 1s burn them out.

Current model of Kinetic Guillotines and U-10 stat blocks for comparison:
SRSE-1 Kinetic Guillotine
2000 Resources
Built-in Ranged Weapon (F)
Attack Dice: 1d10 (pairs)
Armour Penetration: 2
Damage Type: Edged
Range: 15/20/25
Special:
Kinetic Shatter: deals +2 AP and +3 Damage for the purpose of a Barrier's Power and Integrity.
Supercharge: Instead of firing the Kinetic Guillotine(s), the wielder may spend their Standard Action to charge the weapon(s). Each round that the Kinetic Guillotine is charged, increase the AP and Damage Bonus of its next attack by 1, to a maximum of 5 AP/ 6 Damage Bonus (3 rounds of charging). If the wielder suffers damage while charging the weapon, or performs a standard action other than charging, aiming, or firing the weapon, they must pass a Toughness (7) test, with a penalty equal to the number of Strikes taken, or lose one level of charge.
U-10 300mm Ultra Autocannon
Built-in Ranged Weapon (Rifle, M 8)
1200 Resources
Attack Dice: 2x 1d10/Special
Armour Penetration: 3
Damage Type: Impact
Range: 20/30/40
Capacity: 8
Reload: 1 Movement, Special
Special:
Ultra Barrage: As a standard action, the jaeger may fire the Ultra Autocannon two times on its turn, treating its Ranged stat as halved (rounding down) for the purpose of resolving the second attack. This is treated as making two separate attacks for all purposes, though the Ultra Autocannon will immediately Jam as a Misfire if it would expend more ammo than normal. Internal Ammo Feeds: Reloading or un-Jamming the Ultra Autocannon can be done without the use of any hands.

Obviously, they're extremely different weapons, and thus hard to compare, but the range difference is definitely sizable. It is worth noting that you need a lot more damage to hit each new Wound level with Edged, with the exception of Edged's extremely low bar for Destruction Wounds (15+), second only to Burst's 10+. Which actually makes the Supercharge really tempting tactically. If consistency is a concern, we could aim to decrease the Supercharge penalties along with increasing the range.

The shotguns are also on the list, albeit at lower priority. While they will probably be Revolver's most iconic and versatile weapons, long distance is definitely where we do most of our fighting. They're also just simpler and easier to research than weapons built on space magic exotic physics. But I could move those up as well, if people want. They're probably going to be a lot cheaper than the KGs, and thus an easier improvement to squeeze into the budget.Honestly, while quite serviceable, most of Revolver's current armament isn't really up to our rather high standards. Their entire weapon load-out costs less than Jagdhund's Dolch Gewher alone.

On a complete tangent, since Fyr plans on changing to a new thread after this fight, we'll be bringing Tacit up to Mark IV at the very start of thread IV. Because yeah, that's at the top of the to-do list. Possibly after trade shenanigans, but still. (E: Trade is being handled in-line, so yeah, same turn we start on.) Probably won't take us too long after that to give him wings.
I believe one of the things we wanted them to be able to do was toggle damage types between edged and... I don't recall if it was impact or puncture. But the way they actually work lore-wise that's a very simple difference of beam geometry, so should definitely be doable if the dice don't hard flub like last time.

I really want a giant city-scale guillotine-effect generator that can literally cut a Kaiju in half with a single shot. I am unclear if such is possible, but it was my first thought upon seeing the weapon that scaling it up would have that obvious implication, which seems to be worth some measure of awesome-points. It also seems to be compatible with the building up of charge for massive damage effect that the current version has. I mean, sure, in theory we only need to injure them to the point of incapacitation, and bisecting them for a nice lengthwise cross-section would make an enormous mess, and the resources would be better spent elsewhere, but in practice, can we truly afford to not possess such a weapon?

Back