Oh, Ibiki will have aneurism over this.

"He won't break under my torture! Me! How you can make him literally singing his secrets?!"

"...By being charming and friendly?"

"...Forget I'm asking. ...Can you bought me some rice spirits?"

"Certainly. Don't forget to pay, though."

"...Dammit."
I ike to think that 'torture' is only a front name and they do what is done in real life with Yamanaka shit mixed in like Dreaming Of Sunshine.

perception genjutsu, burn notice style tricks, yamanaka bullshit, there are a lot of options that flat out work faster and more reliably than tearing someone's fingernails off. I'm surprised that the academy doesn't include some training to resist interrogation. A good half of the curriculum could be considered escape and evasion training though.

I'm imagining a Toru versus Lee fight at the Chuunin exams where Toru fights long enough for Lee to use the Eight Gates then uses 'Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique' to wait safely underground until Lee's power up ends. There are so many opponents that have no counter for someone hiding below the ground, especially at the genin and chuunin level.

Unless Lee collapses the earth over Toru's head, which I may not be sure he's capable of but with the use of the Eight Gates he might.

The next chapter is in the works. I have...520 words? and it's just the start of the night. in the meantime, enjoy my rough sketch of our favorite card carrying Ninja.

The sketch is by no means horrible, but if I'm honest I much prefer your literary work to your more visual one.
At least so far.
I'd say I was sorry but it'd be a lie.

The sketch is by no means horrible, but if I'm honest I much prefer your literary work to your more visual one.
At least so far.
I'd say I was sorry but it'd be a lie.
I couldn't find a polite way to say what ^he said. But yes, you're a good writer.
Meh, I knew it. I was just sketching while I had a break and figured I'd post it. I fully acknowledge I'm a better writer then artist.

I couldn't find a polite way to say what ^he said. But yes, you're a good writer.
I have something of a talent for coming up with the most flowery and obtuse yet still technically polite language to insult people with.
Not that I displayed it here, since that would mean I actually wanted to insult our dear author.
Think of it kinda like how witches are on Discworld.

So does anybody have a guess for what summoning family he'll eventually make a contract with? I'm leaning towards spiders. I can understand waiting until after a failed or passed Chuunin exam, but I hope he remembers all of the value ninja get out of them. Random thought: do y'all think we could get any special advice or techniques out of Mizuki from the first episode? Praising or giving gifts to such a hothead is at least worth considering.

Oh, Ibiki will have aneurism over this.

"He won't break under my torture! Me! How you can make him literally singing his secrets?!"

"...By being charming and friendly?"

"...Forget I'm asking. ...Can you bought me some rice spirits?"

"Certainly. Don't forget to pay, though."

"...Dammit."
"No, seriously, what did this jutau do."

"Eh, one use is that it let's me talk to someone without them noticing me leave."

"...you left didn't you."

"Never even entered the room."
perception genjutsu, burn notice style tricks, yamanaka bullshit, there are a lot of options that flat out work faster and more reliably than tearing someone's fingernails off. I'm surprised that the academy doesn't include some training to resist interrogation. A good half of the curriculum could be considered escape and evasion training though.
"My name is Tori Shusho, and I'm a ninja."

"Well I was....."
I'm imagining a Toru versus Lee fight at the Chuunin exams where Toru fights long enough for Lee to use the Eight Gates then uses 'Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique' to wait safely underground until Lee's power up ends. There are so many opponents that have no counter for someone hiding below the ground, especially at the genin and chuunin level.
Unless Lee collapses the earth over Toru's head, which I may not be sure he's capable of but with the use of the Eight Gates he might.
On one hand, ues, that sounds like toru. On the other hand, that also sounds like lee...

Also, your plans to be chunin before the canon exams.
So does anybody have a guess for what summoning family he'll eventually make a contract with? I'm leaning towards spiders. I can understand waiting until after a failed or passed Chuunin exam, but I hope he remembers all of the value ninja get out of them. Random thought: do y'all think we could get any special advice or techniques out of Mizuki from the first episode? Praising or giving gifts to such a hothead is at least worth considering.
On summons, it's already decided what it'll be. Also, spiders are taken by one of the sound four.
As for Mizuki... he does know that Chakra sting technique...
Monkeys? I'm guessing monkeys.
No, not monky. Also, can you see Emma approving him while Sarutob8 is still alive?

Given that he's a tricksey little sneak with a mind for prestidigitation and 3D fighting? Yes. Only other animal I can see with that sort of thing would be Cats. I can't see it being a Spider summon, because he's not a patient trap layer. And because RogueDruid said no. Tricksey and dexterous. So, Squirrel, Fox, or a bird. However, Cat is my guess.

Toru would be the Boss Summon.

Also, just because the Sarutobi hold the clan summons, doesn't mean that the Monkey King won't accept another. Does it?

While there's plenty of reasons for him to not get to summon monkeys, it's not like prior claims matter. Stealing things is hardly going to be something he lacks experience with, after all.
No, but the summon clans and ninja are both... somewhat prideful. A summon clans going 'ah, yes. Only you are the worthy holder of the contract' happens. And the Sarutobi clan have held the monkey summons for a fee generations.
Given that he's a tricksey little sneak with a mind for prestidigitation and 3D fighting? Yes. Only other animal I can see with that sort of thing would be Cats. I can't see it being a Spider summon, because he's not a patient trap layer. And because RogueDruid said no. Tricksey and dexterous. So, Squirrel, Fox, or a bird. However, Cat is my guess.

Also, just because the Sarutobi hold the clan summons, doesn't mean that the Monkey King won't accept another. Does it?
Heh, got your picks I think you should expand your listing. It doesn't have to be a mammal, now does it?
eight limbed murderbeasts.
For land animals though, those are all good picks, but I have a very specific animal in mind for summons. One that I can't remember seeing being for done before.

And while Emna the Monkey King would probably like Shusho, the SI is just a bit too... let's say lazy, almost? Shusho is far more willing to lay around and pay attention then act out and make a scene. The monkeys as a hole are more active, and energetic, and look for that in summoners. Hiruzen when he was younger was somewhat like that, it's only after becoming hokage that he grew more relaxed.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about sea animals to guess at stereotyping them. Certainly not for dexterity, sneakiness and lazyness. Based on that I'd still go cat. Are Dolphins really that dexterous to compare to him? Octopus would count. Kea, Raven (Itachi had crows)-.

Octupus if not Cat. Cthulhu is boss summons.

They probably won't have sage mode, but they would have a technique to let him have many arms so he can throw more needle things.

Last edited:
....Dexterous? Mythological tricksters? "lazy"?
.....Sounds like my girlfriends snake or some insects suck the leaf bug

Well your forgetting coyotes,wolves in some cases ,kancils, hyenas (if you squint), in east asia rabbits , racoons are a possibility, and india the hare again and finally the jackal and considering his love of card tricks cajun accented alligators with their relationship to gambling also pull a Gambit throw explosive cards
Shadowofdeath threw 10 6-faced dice. Reason: 5 Total: 28
3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 6 6 3 3 2 2 3 3 1 1 5 5
Shadowofdeath threw 5 6-faced dice. Reason: 2 Total: 19
1 1 4 4 6 6 6 6 2 2

Last edited:
Back