Not 100% sure when it happened but it's sometime during the war that the NCPD completely abandons Pacifica. Considering the Corps and investors have pulled out, it's either already happened or is about to.

And once it's over they storm back in and try to reestablish order, except the Voodoos and the general other nasties you get in a Combat Zone all pushed them back out. Although the true Combat Zone is the area of Pacifica they wall off, and is apparently where living cyberpsychos get dumped according to in-game NPCs.

And considering Pacifica gets pretty damaged during the war, and more damaged when the NCPD storm back in. Taylor might come to regret picking Pacifica as the place to set up shop.

...That's just confusing. Why would anybody do that?
🤷‍♂️ There's two NPCs who can spawn right next to the gate who have voice lines talking about what's apparently going on inside. And apparently that's something that happens.

They also talk about all the people having a "Certain look" about them and stuff like that.

Although thanks to Phantom Liberty leaks/teasers/etc. it's kinda known what's actually going on in there now, literally just checked to see if I could find quoted voice lines for those NPCs and found that instead and uh... yeah.

So the walled section is called Dogtown, and is controlled by the Barghests (a private army/gang inspired by South American Cartels) former NUSA/Militech soldiers under the now former NUSA Colonel Kurt Hansen. Apparently he actually assaulted and took control of parts of Pacifica during the war. But when the Arvin Accords were signed he went rogue with his soldiers and took over the area now known as Dogtown.

Since then he's recruited other veterans and young thugs, and because of how lucrative the districts black market had become the other factions of NC left him alone.

And considering Pacifica gets pretty damaged during the war, and more damaged when the NCPD storm back in. Taylor might come to regret picking Pacifica as the place to set up shop.
canon cyberpsycho2077 was driven off the rails. So far NUSA only destroyed 1 decorative statue and an abandoned business full of valuables like the contested BD establishment was mostly undamaged. If Taylor secures her area it won't be damaged.

canon cyberpsycho2077 was driven off the rails. So far NUSA only destroyed 1 decorative statue and an abandoned business full of valuables like the contested BD establishment was mostly undamaged. If Taylor secures her area it won't be damaged.
Uh, yeah maybe? Don't think Taylor can stop NUSA/Militech if they come knocking on the door though. This is a two year early Unification War, it's still currently 2067 when the canonical war started in 2069 and ended in 2070. So we could still have years of war to go, and NUSA did canonically reach the southern parts of NC, which is, you guessed it... Pacifica.

NUSA getting close is the whole reason the NCPD backed off, because they knew that they couldn't fight them, so Taylor definitely can't. It's also when Arasaka got involved and NUSA finally backed off. And not long after the Arvin Accords were signed.

Last edited:
You guys need to remember Taylor accidentally set off the war early. So events may actually be slightly different. Difference in years may leave different people in different places. Decisions might be different. Who knows what direction the war will take now. No point doomsaying.

Last edited:
You guys need remember Taylor accidentally set off the war early.
Uh yeah...? I think literally everyone who's been discussing the topic has acknowledged this.
No point doomsaying.
Less Doomsaying more discussing potential outcomes, me using canon as reference point is just that, a reference point. I'm not saying it has to, or will happen, just that it's something that could and in the canon-verse did happen.

NC was a low hanging fruit while still a strategic economic center in the original timeline. NUSA dedicated the resources to conquer it or it least make life shitty for NCers because they didn't want to bother with tougher targets of questionable value like Texas. Arasaka decided to claim NC because it didn't have anything better to do and Saburo despise (N)USA. NUSA was ran by a new president with different goals than the old one (I assume)

In this timeline sea coasts are the strategic targets. Texas coast is a big prize while NC value is negligible. Arasaka is busy with their own coast and won't bother too much with NUSA civil war. Also, The Pigeons are around and Hitchcock showed us what that means. NC could surrender and join NUSA, they could join the independent California, they could invite The British, but I doubt they end up in a no man's land like in the original timeline.

If Taylor build a strong corpo faction of militant Borgs NC won't write off the area and NUSA won't sneak in unnoticed.

Last edited:
In this timeline sea coasts are the strategic targets. Texas coast is a big prize while NC value is negligible.
This is true, but NUSA is at war with the Free States, not the Republic of Texas (as far as I know), which is considered a Free State. But isn't part of the alliance called the Free States.

Edit: Although canonically they were part of the war, they just fought literally everyone else though (Including the Free States). But all the news we've heard has being saying Free States and Texas hasn't been mentioned at all. As far as I remember, but I also have a pretty spotty/bad memory.
NUSA was ran by a new president with different goals than the old one (I assume)
NUSA is currently ran by Elizabeth Kress, predecessor to Rosalind Myers (the President who started the canonical war in 2069), but Kress like Myers also talks the talk of unifying the 'Divided American People' so her overall goal would basically be the same.

And securing the West Coast would give more coastline combined than Texas, with Alaska having the most out of any state, and being part of the Free State Alliance. Meaning the FSA is likely to still be the main target.

Last edited:
NUSA is currently ran by Elizabeth Kress, predecessor to Rosalind Myers (the President who started the canonical war in 2069), but Kress like Myers also talks the talk of unifying the 'Divided American People' so her overall goal would basically be the same.
They both share a general goal. Most NUSA and Militech patriotic members share it, I bet. But they're different people. They won't go about it the same way. Human beings aren't interchangeable.

Inform the police is often not found on the list of particularly ethical choices, and Night City is definitely among the places where it shouldn't be.

Oh yeah as much as I don't like Taylor's choice of methods here, siccing the "police" on them would absolutely have been worse if they bothered to answer. May as well just murder them herself.

But they're different people. They won't go about it the same way. Human beings aren't interchangeable.
I mean, yes obviously. But they kinda are/did go about it the same way. Myers in canon started the Uni-War, and in this story Kress also started the Uni-War. So while they might have different methodologies, and be different people, they obviously are in agreement that the best way to accomplish their goals is through military conquest.

Obviously the goal of this war is probably more focused on securing more coastline, but for every bit of territory Kress cuts from the Free States that's a win in her book too. Because it means she's more likely to win the next election.
Oh yeah as much as I don't like Taylor's choice of methods here, siccing the "police" on them would absolutely have been worse if they bothered to answer.
Yeah NCPD doesn't really do non-lethal, and even when they do chances are you might wish they just shot you instead. I mean North Oak used to be a refugee camp, and now it's well... North Oak. And they and the Corporate Troops who helped, were uh... pretty brutal. Just to give an idea of how they usually handle 'squatters'. Like in 2077, there's even a news segment about them literally gassing utility tunnels and stuff under the city to kill homeless people.

So yeah, Taylor might as well save herself the hassle and just deal with it herself.

I missed the Arnold reference at first when I saw the chapter title and thought this chapter was going to involve space Taylor.

On a different note I don't know if it's scary or hilarious that Bakuda would be considered a perfectly normal and well-adjusted citizen of Night City.

I missed the Arnold reference at first when I saw the chapter title and thought this chapter was going to involve space Taylor.

On a different note I don't know if it's scary or hilarious that Bakuda would be considered a perfectly normal and well-adjusted citizen of Night City.
Bakuda's adjustment problems don't stop at thinking putting bombs in people is a reasonable option. Or start there.

One of the leading reasons for full-body replacements is catastrophic damage to the body.

Dragoons are quite capable of causing catastrophic damage to the body.

Some of her new gang might react worse than she expects to the overseer.
-----

With Borg Town looking to actually be a thing, seems like a change in perception might make full-body prosthetics more appealing to the upcoming Unification War casualties.
-----

Once her residency is over and she's all official, might be a good time to reach out to her father's contacts and old squad, network some connections for her original identity. Offer her services. Some of them might be needing it in the upcoming year.

Though, as Pop's men are Militech... might want to hold off on them until everything's over. Don't want her making herself a target for mandatory assistance again. They might not have a solid hold over Night City, but they do have a strong presence.

One of the leading reasons for full-body replacements is catastrophic damage to the body.

Dragoons are quite capable of causing catastrophic damage to the body.

Some of her new gang might react worse than she expects to the overseer.
I'm not sure there are any borgs that aren't capable of causing catastrophic damage to the body. There might be somebody who got traumatized by a dragoon, sure, but surely the same goes for every other borgtown chassis?

Well, now I'm imagining some poor victim stuck in an Alpha Class, due to being savaged by an Alpha Class, and can't look at themselves without panicking.

Sure, it could be any type, and there probably are. But Taylor's not using another type.

At least with most other types, even rare models, you might feasibly understand seeing one, but the Dragoons usage doctrine is to have a separate off-duty body.

At least with most other types, even rare models, you might feasibly understand seeing one, but the Dragoons usage doctrine is to have a separate off-duty body.
Being around somebody you think wears a Dragoon 24/7 does seem like it would rightly worry anybody this side of Adam Smasher. That's not a trauma response thing, that's a 'rational expectation that a high-end war machine is going to go berserk in your vicinity' thing.

Last edited:
Won't whales get drunk filter feeding off Taylor's booze algae? Are there whales still?

Taylor should introduce some psychic whales that can feed off her booze algae safely.

Being around somebody you think wears a Dragoon 24/7 does seem like it would rightly worry anybody this side of Adam Smasher. That's not a trauma response thing, that's a 'rational expectation that a high-end war machine is going to go berserk in your vicinity' thing.
Hmm.. On other hand wearing a Dragoon 24/7 sounds like reasonable reaction to having Adam Smasher in same town as you..

Hmm.. On other hand wearing a Dragoon 24/7 sounds like reasonable reaction to having Adam Smasher in same town as you..
I'd think he's not in Night City right now, since Arisaka is still banished?

(Also, joke aside, not if the wiki is accurate. If operating normally the thing turns you into an obedient zombie, and if the zombie mechanism is shut down it's supposed to chew up your sanity fast.)

Back