Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
OK since we are talking about Nazi super-technology and super-soldiers: Both were a thing just not the way most people imagine them.

- In the case of super-technology you have stuff like the jerrycan, which the Nazis developed by collaborating with US corporations, which is actually a form logistical super-technology and is one of the main reasons the Maginot Line fell as quickly as it did and why blitzkrieg actually worked as a military strategy at all. Another reason of course being paratroopers. But people find logistics boring so it's always the insane wunderwaffe that get focused on in fiction. Fuck's sake it was only after the people working on V-weapons for the Nazis were absorbed by the US and USSR that their technology was put to functional use in the Space Programs.

The Nazis fucking revolutionized the way internal combustion engines could be used for transportation and the Allies reverse engineering that trick is one of the things that turned the tides of WWII and that is usually ignored not because people feel uncomfortable with that fact, but because logistics are boring.

- As for super-soldiers? That is a Nazi idea in and of itself. In real life they used a methamphetamine called Pervitin combined with just getting their soldiers the right level of drunk to pour their population into battlefields with some level of success until they started running out of soldiers because they'd burn out in mid-term from the drug use. They were also looking into Eugenics for long term improvements, but that never consistently went anywhere though there are/were some blue-eyed and blond people born from said experiments that have told horror stories.

Wow this last chapters ruined the whole thing for me. What next? Fury defeating Franklin Richards? Seriously the whole fic is getting more and more annoying. And somehow your MC is giving me the feeling that she is going to get worse. And seriously fuck Strange and the whole group of idiots.

Last edited:
Fury defeating Franklin Richards
Wait sorry, I'm not familiar with the comics, what part of Furies abilities here seemed OoC. Because as far as I can tell he:
A) Picked a mundane lock.
B) Was given the magical key already. He didn't actually show any sign that he'd even realised he needed it.
C) Out played a civillian woman who was extremely on edge because some stranger had just broken into her house, shortly after the Green Goblin had attempted to arrange her kidnapping/murder, in her house, which was only prevented by Magneto randomly letting himself in, and was implying she'd done crimes.
All of that seems pretty doable for a trained secret service agent.

Last edited:
...Huh. I dreamt about this fic last night. There were some aspects of the dream-fic that didn't match the actual-fic or were stolen from other 'period' Marvel fics, but the basic premise was that sometime in the fic's future, Nick Fury brought Noa to meet the... I think it was implied to be the outgoing and incoming First Ladies (Barbara Bush and Hilary Clinton, respectively), along with a Supreme Court Justice whose name I can't remember right atm and Newt Gingrich, in a SHIELD facility. Noa leveraged her status as a CASSANDRA-classified asset and her skills as a critical thinker and persuasive speaker to utterly destroy the building blocks of the neofascism that we're all dealing with atm (as well as, emotionally, Gingrich and the Supreme Court Justice (who was prototypical of the current corrupt, ideologically-driven court)), as well as go some way to preventing the Forever War in the Middle East that continues to so define this century in first-, second-, third-, and most likely arbitrary n-order effects.

Part of the reason Nick gave her such latitude to do so was because she had apparently both been crucial in convincing him and SHIELD to take steps against the Sentinel Project in specific and in being more active against the 'socially acceptable' flavours of terrorism in general, and did this with an epic The Reason You Suck speech that unfortunately I only got to see referenced.

Sooo... yeah. Noa ftw.

Last edited:
Part of the reason Nick gave her such latitude to do so was because she had apparently both been crucial in convincing him and SHIELD to take steps against the Sentinel Project in specific

*cough*

Your dream is. Um. Shockingly prophetic regarding the kind of thing that's gonna help stop the Sentinel Project from becoming a THING in this timeline. Neither Fury nor Shield are really gonna be involved, no, but uh. Noa will be.

On the legal side of things. Because hooooooly fuck does the "mutant detection" tech behind the Sentinels violate so many civil rights.

Love the fic, the perfect word to describe it is juicy.
Almost done reading, but I wanted to say, that attack on the office or her person, she should've seen coming.
I cringed when she put her sentimental pictures, awards, certificates... in an unprotected office, considering she is hated mutant and public controversial person dealing with criminals.
She was rich even before the tennis victory, why didn't she hire a couple of guards?

Last edited:
Almost done reading, but I wanted to say, that attack on the office or her person, she should've seen coming.
I did cringe when she put her sentimental pictures, awards, certificates... in an unprotected office, considering she is hated mutant and public controversial person dealing with criminals.
She was rich even before the tennis victory, why didn't she hire a couple of guards?
It's not the kind of thing most people think about. Paradoxically, one thing Noa has thought a lot about is the odd strength found in the frailty of the white woman — she is small and physically weak, and so long as she LOOKS like she needs to be protected, the system will BEND OVER BACKWARDS to help her.

So long as her glamour is in place, and/or she operates through people that don't care about her glamour, she has a lot of soft power to bring to bear. And in most circumstances, that's better than any amount of security guards could top.

Of course that fails a little when the Green Goblin decides to knock on your front door and break it down, so…

Next chapter is a thousand words in, but — I started my new job yesterday! And oh dear.

I have a lot of training to go through. And job-specific law to brush up on that I hadn't ever really covered before.

Here comes a few weeks of training!

I'm gonna try to finish the chapter this weekend, but I'm not gonna make any promises. I was so mentally exhausted from my first day on the job that I was in bed at 9pm. (the dog was happy with that! Cuddly puppy)

I did cringe when she put her sentimental pictures, awards, certificates... in an unprotected office, considering she is hated mutant and public controversial person dealing with criminals.

Excellent question. My personal take is that it would make her look like she had something to hide, and possibly worse, it would make her look like she was scared. Both would only provoke more problems down the road, and given the natures of a lot of characters in Marvel, that could easily lead to people getting killed and/or force her into more confrontations that otherwise could have been avoided.

After all, she's a tiny little Jewish mutant lesbian. It's problematic enough being a woman in a male-dominated field. Not only is she dealing with sexist assholes, there's the homophobic assholes, the racist assholes, and the speciesist assholes (as an aside, it's really disappointing that that word even exists).

Giving them more cause to think that they can 'get her' in some fashion would probably be throwing fuel on the fire, because some people are more inclined to attack when they perceive weakness.

Edit: by the way, @October Daye congrats on the job!!

Last edited:
Next chapter is a thousand words in, but — I started my new job yesterday! And oh dear.

I have a lot of training to go through. And job-specific law to brush up on that I hadn't ever really covered before.

I'm gonna try to finish the chapter this weekend, but I'm not gonna make any promises. I was so mentally exhausted from my first day on the job that I was in bed at 9pm. (the dog was happy with that! Cuddly puppy)

Happy for your new job, and I look forward to seeing the new chapter. Just to ask, as a mutant, what is Noa's opinion of a 'mutant nation' project?

It's not the kind of thing most people think about. Paradoxically, one thing Noa has thought a lot about is the odd strength found in the frailty of the white woman — she is small and physically weak, and so long as she LOOKS like she needs to be protected, the system will BEND OVER BACKWARDS to help her.

So long as her glamour is in place, and/or she operates through people that don't care about her glamour, she has a lot of soft power to bring to bear. And in most circumstances, that's better than any amount of security guards could top.

Of course that fails a little when the Green Goblin decides to knock on your front door and break it down, so…

I thought of it?
She's not thinking like an SI, fine she doesn't have to go on exploit power trips, but sometimes she seems like an OC.
For example, why did she think Xavier might be the type to look down on the poor, even if it's some manipulative version of him, he wouldn't act that way.
Also no comment on Clark Kent being there?

Also no comment on Clark Kent being there?
Marvel Comics has had a Clark Kent as a Newspaper Reporter for a long time.

marvel.fandom.com

Clark Kent (Earth-616)

Clark Kent is a mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper. He is often seen with his colleague and lady friend, Lois. Journalism This character is a homage to the DC Comics character Clark Kent. 29 appearance(s) of Clark Kent (Earth-616) 2 mention(s) of Clark Kent (Earth-616) 3...

First Appearance: January 1976, X-Men #98

Happy for your new job, and I look forward to seeing the new chapter. Just to ask, as a mutant, what is Noa's opinion of a 'mutant nation' project?
Against it. Absolutely dead set against it.

It's not the same as Israel, which is, if you look at the very core of the reason for its existence, meant to be a bit of a ethno-theocratic bulwark. Jews have been persecuted, driven out, hunted, enslaved, etc. so many times throughout history that a huge chunk of the Torah is "here's how to recognize when they're about to come with torches, so you need to pack your shit and get ready to book it".

While it's safe to say that Israel (and in particular its government) has… 'drifted' from that initial purpose, the Right of Return exists for a reason.

It's important to remember, folks, that Judaism isn't just a religion. It's also a culture and (to an extent) an ethnicity. Otherwise we wouldn't have specific panels of genetic diseases unique to our ancestries to worry about!

(also the first person who tries to turn this into a political argument about the Israeli Palestinian conflict is getting my legal pad so far up their ass they start spitting out fully typed briefs and motions)

As for a mutant ethno-state? That one runs afoul of the fact that mutants aren't a monolith. You put two random-ass mutants next to one another, and the only thing they have in common is "mutant". There's no shared culture, history, etc. And more than that, there's so much variety among mutants that any regulations on power use would end up hilariously unequal very quickly.

And you would NEED to regulate power use lest, say, an Emma Frost come in and take over with rampant telepathic domination.

I thought of it?
She's not thinking like an SI, fine she doesn't have to go on exploit power trips, but sometimes she seems like an OC.
For example, why did she think Xavier might be the type to look down on the poor, even if it's some manipulative version of him, he wouldn't act that way.
Xavier is not a monolith in the comics. He is a very common holder of the idiot and villain balls whenever a writer can't come up with a better way to get their point across.

Moreover, whenever one of them wants to pull the "Magneto was right, actually" card, Xavier invariably gets the shaft, because they can't separate one man from the other (to be clear, I think this is a failing; the two of them do not exist as two sides of the same coin, they are simply two points on the same graph, even though they do have a tendency to shift in response to one another).

Against it. Absolutely dead set against it.

It's not the same as Israel, which is, if you look at the very core of the reason for its existence, meant to be a bit of a ethno-theocratic bulwark. Jews have been persecuted, driven out, hunted, enslaved, etc. so many times throughout history that a huge chunk of the Torah is "here's how to recognize when they're about to come with torches, so you need to pack your shit and get ready to book it".

While it's safe to say that Israel (and in particular its government) has… 'drifted' from that initial purpose, the Right of Return exists for a reason.

It's important to remember, folks, that Judaism isn't just a religion. It's also a culture and (to an extent) an ethnicity. Otherwise we wouldn't have specific panels of genetic diseases unique to our ancestries to worry about!

(also the first person who tries to turn this into a political argument about the Israeli Palestinian conflict is getting my legal pad so far up their ass they start spitting out fully typed briefs and motions)

As for a mutant ethno-state? That one runs afoul of the fact that mutants aren't a monolith. You put two random-ass mutants next to one another, and the only thing they have in common is "mutant". There's no shared culture, history, etc. And more than that, there's so much variety among mutants that any regulations on power use would end up hilariously unequal very quickly.

And you would NEED to regulate power use lest, say, an Emma Frost come in and take over with rampant telepathic domination.

Xavier is not a monolith in the comics. He is a very common holder of the idiot and villain balls whenever a writer can't come up with a better way to get their point across.

Moreover, whenever one of them wants to pull the "Magneto was right, actually" card, Xavier invariably gets the shaft, because they can't separate one man from the other (to be clear, I think this is a failing; the two of them do not exist as two sides of the same coin, they are simply two points on the same graph, even though they do have a tendency to shift in response to one another).

So, if Magneto comes up with Genosha, she would speak against it?

So, if Magneto comes up with Genosha, she would speak against it?
She would walk over there, slap him upside the head, point at all the goddamn wars Israel had been in during the (at the time) sub-50 years of its existence, and ask him how drunk he was when he came up with this idea because it was the single dumbest thing she'd ever heard. And that's after 10+ years as a defense attorney.

She would walk over there, slap him upside the head, point at all the goddamn wars Israel had been in during the (at the time) sub-50 years of its existence, and ask him how drunk he was when he came up with this idea because it was the single dumbest thing she'd ever heard. And that's after 10+ years as a defense attorney.

I guess THIS is quite a powerful butterfly for the future. Also, how would Noa consider mutants with great power, like Franklin Richards?

Back