Pokemon Ranger: Crimson Dawn (No SV You are a Kanto Warlord)

What happened to Ash Ketchum?
He's been replaced by Red from the Manga/Games but is fundamentally the same most of the time.

I am not familiar with the Ranger Union can you explain about the setting. I.e. The rules and logic that governs this world along with timeline.
The Ranger Union is basically the Cops, only they can and will do whatever it takes to keep the world safe from chaos.

@Themarineguy will explain when he can.

@Themarineguy will explain when he can.
Well, the setting from what I am aware is pretty much a blend of all the various different materials of the series. Like Red here is a blend of Ash/Red, packing the grandmaster level skill of Red, alongside the more tricksy and power of bonds type that is Ash. This also means that about half the gym leaders either have or had connections to Team Rocket.(Lt. Surge and Koga being among the had, perusing their own interests thanks to not being purely their manga selves, while Sabrina is... Well, she is a Rocket[For now], but she is also mentally unstable and the city is kinda lucky she merely intends to take over all of kanto for herself instead of snapping and devastating the city with her vast psychic power. While Blaine's state is unclear, he is also a bit of a mad scientist. Misty is in kind of an interesting place here, given thanks to the fact that while in the games and main manga she's a gym leader, in the anime she left home on her own journey due to not being ready for the role, means that while she is the best battler of the Celadon sisters, she has self-confidence issues.)

The Ranger Union as a whole. Their job is basically an international law enforcement org that specializes in Pokémon, and were effectively the winners of the last great war in the setting, Since it was formed by a coalition of trainers such as the Elder whom ended said war. Which, means that the Rangers have global commitments, including helping keep Jhoto afloat after the collapse of the Indigo League(I think? Given both Jhoto and Kanto share a league, and it didn't survive the opening of the warlord era.), and while they have a few war veterans floating about, the only war prep they have were the prep for the war against Team Rocket before someone threw a massive wrench in everyone's plans. Also, while some pokemon are more powerful than others, with the right combination of training, skills, and prep, even legendary pokemon could be felled by com mons like Rattata. Given bits from the anime like the martial arts bellsprout that sweeped ash's team until Muk resolved it by basically being a sentient pile of sludge, or Pikachu knocking around Regi's with iron tail.

As of the current state of the Region? Well, the collapse of the league alongside law and order within the era has left the region in basically a Warlords era, with the Gym leaders effectively becoming town leaders kinda akin to IRL lords of old, like they had in the past of the setting. With the one 'exception' among the towns with gyms being Celadon because the gym leader is missing.

Also, something that might carry some implications. While the fact Nemona is running around means that Lucca probably has already moved from Kanto to Paldea a while ago, the whole pendant story might have a chance of cropping up during the chaos.

Well, the setting from what I am aware is pretty much a blend of all the various different materials of the series. Like Red here is a blend of Ash/Red, packing the grandmaster level skill of Red, alongside the more tricksy and power of bonds type that is Ash.

The fact Red uses Pikachu when the player challenges him says a lot about bonds when he could have replaced it.

So by the way I see it (as per the information) Red is just being Red.

the only war prep they have were the prep for the war against Team Rocket before someone threw a massive wrench in everyone's plans.

By this you mean Kanto Katastrophe correct?

Also, while some pokemon are more powerful than others, with the right combination of training, skills, and prep, even legendary pokemon could be felled by com mons like Rattata.

That is a overstatement but I get what you are trying to say.

Regardless, I greatly appreciate you taking your time to explain the setting.

The fact Red uses Pikachu when the player challenges him says a lot about bonds when he could have replaced it.

So by the way I see it (as per the information) Red is just being Red.
Fair. The big change for him is perhaps the fact his battle style may have stripes of Green(Or blue if going by english version) thanks to ash's penchant for crazy plans.
By this you mean Kanto Katastrophe correct?
Yeah, it's effectively the prequel to this. Even though it mostly just gives some perspective on this version's TR, the Ranger Union, and the life of Mr. Crimson, nice guy with connections everywhere, including both Rangers and Rocket. He could legitimately openly work with the Rangers while still being recognized as possibly still being a Rocket ally, given how after infiltrating Rocket, he was tasked by Gio to infiltrate the Rangers. :V
That is a overstatement but I get what you are trying to say.
...Well....
It is entirely possible that some crazy madlads could pull out the FEAR strategy from the games.😅🤷‍♂️
It in part depends on how ridiculous trainer items can be, given at some point we are gonna see the Devon Corp Running Shoes. Something I am admittedly not sure about.

Fair. The big change for him is perhaps the fact his battle style may have stripes of Green(Or blue if going by english version) thanks to ash's penchant for crazy plans.

Yeah, it's effectively the prequel to this. Even though it mostly just gives some perspective on this version's TR, the Ranger Union, and the life of Mr. Crimson, nice guy with connections everywhere, including both Rangers and Rocket. He could legitimately openly work with the Rangers while still being recognized as possibly still being a Rocket ally, given how after infiltrating Rocket, he was tasked by Gio to infiltrate the Rangers. :V

...Well....
It is entirely possible that some crazy madlads could pull out the FEAR strategy from the games.😅🤷‍♂️
It in part depends on how ridiculous trainer items can be, given at some point we are gonna see the Devon Corp Running Shoes. Something I am admittedly not sure about.

Well Red is ultimate Trainer the OG so yeah he would be good planner. So, nothing surprising there.

The reason why I said it's overstatement is because unlike in Games the Legendary Pokemon are built different they will have very good instincts(unless the one you are targeting is a new born baby or lesser version of it and the Rattata and trainer is so much like Ash that is carrying around champion level Rattata which refuses to Evolve).

The FEAR strategy is more likely to work when it is a Raticate.

Hmm why does Running shoes come under this conversation are they going to produce some kind of Pokemon shoes to increase the speed of Pokemon?

Last edited:
The reason why I said it's overstatement is because unlike in Games the Legendary Pokemon are built different they will have very good instincts(unless the one you are targeting is a new born baby or lesser version of it and the Rattata and trainer are so much like Ash that is carrying around champion level Rattata which refuses to Evolve).

The FEAR strategy is more likely to work when it is a Raticate.
Very fair point. Given that for all it is theoretically possible, Eternatus exists with his little thing which makes him invincible unless the enemy has a possible counter, never mind the insanity of trying to fight mons like Dialga, Palkia, or Arceus. But yeah, was more saying it's possible, not exactly probable.
Hmm why does Running shoes come under this conversation are they going to produce some kind of Pokemon shoes to increase the speed of Pokemon?
Was more referring to pokemon tech being crazy, like I am not exactly sure how held items might work, especially with stuff like the manga taking the excuse to add a run button into a supertech device that could allow someone to move about the speed of a car. I mean, The held item list in the games includes stuff like a balloon which lifts a pokemon into the air to protect from ground type moves unless popped, choice band/scarf that boosts attacks at the cost of inflexability, items like a belt or glasses that boost moves of a certain type, a letter that boosts speed when an attack misses, the focus band and focus sash that functions like the ability sturdy, and the float stone that reduces the weight of the holder.

Last edited:
n part depends on how ridiculous trainer items can be, given at some point we are gonna see the Devon Corp Running Shoes. Something I am admittedly not sure about.
To give some lore on Trainer Items like the Running Shoes. Running Shoes are essentially a human Tech version of a power called "Aura Run" witch is used by Aura Users to run at blazing speeds.

And yes...Aura Users are Rare, and very powerful.

Its Not just jedi Pokemon Powers...its blatent Superhuman nonsense!
Was more referring to pokemon tech being crazy
All Poketech is essentially trying to replicate the Powers of the Heroes of Old.

Before Civilization made Hyper Badasses only good at fighting with Pokemon for money!

ANy more questions?

To give some lore on Trainer Items like the Running Shoes. Running Shoes are essentially a human Tech version of a power called "Aura Run" witch is used by Aura Users to run at blazing speeds.

And yes...Aura Users are Rare, and very powerful.

Its Not just jedi Pokemon Powers...its blatent Superhuman nonsense!
And oh by the way, Sabrina's power level in pure psychic might is equal to MEWTWO! :V
(Maybe we should keep the psychic plate away from her.)

Power levels are ridiculous here as standard.:lol::rofl:

Also, given it looks like we are gonna be professor oak here. It look's like we are gonna be in the center as Agatha tries to work out her issues by trying to crush professor oak for old greviances.(In the manga everything started because Agatha took Samuel Oak leaving the study group that she, Oak, Blaine, and others were a part of, POORLY, basically starting a one way blood feud.)

Last edited:
Also, given it looks like we are gonna be professor oak here. It look's like we are gonna be in the center as Agatha tries to work out her issues by trying to crush professor oak for old greviances.
It also helped that they responded to the Post War Years differently...witch makes sense.
And oh by the way, Sabrina's power level in pure psychic might is equal to MEWTWO! :V
(Maybe we should keep the psychic plate away from her.)
To a young Mewtwo...but not a fully realized one.
Power levels are ridiculous here as standard.:lol::rofl:
Everyone is either a Badass or a Civie.

Back