I assume the majority was the rod; I hope the doctor in question was not a ham fisted idiot.

As opposed to the idiot who worked on Lincoln. I saw a reference by a doctor that looked at all the available medical informationand what was done, and if the idiot doctor hadn't stuck a rod into Lincoln's skull to check something or other, it's possible that Lincoln might have survived. Since it's been shown that given the pistol Booth used was so low powered that if he'd been an inch further back, all that would have happened in a nasty superficial skin wound as the bullet skidded around the outside of his skull, it's very likely that the bullet's damage wasn't anywhere near enough to kill Lincoln, and that the doctor killed him by probing.

I might mention that this, while arguably interesting, isn't terribly On Topic. Can Taylor be predicted, as her Juggernaut manifestation would credibly be an OCP... Are there any other OCPs in this setting?

While I can't give a definitive WoA (Word of Author) on the subject, keeping in mind Inference Engine has already encountered Taylornaut. Lisa has figured out that by treating Taylor as an upper end brute is a good work around and provides decent information, but directly working on her?

1. The brutiest brute to ever brute!
  2. Not full power. (A brief bit of insight)
  3. SDTP Error 418 : I'm a Teapot!
  4. The distinct impression of someone wagging a finger at her going "Ah ah ah!"
When Dinah encounters Taylor it should be be something like "I think you're scaring the numbers..."

Basically, Cytorrak's empowerment isn't a complete OCP, but causes analysis shard to return nonsense or only vaguely accurate information. And a headache.

Wouldn't Cytorrak and Queenie working together mean the shard network gets some bits on him?
Possibly the important bit of QA to recall is (Network) Administrator? The sort of bits that they're getting are 'SDTP Error 418 : I'm a Teapot!'. This while strictly legal, isn't... what you'd call useful...

On the other hand, Taylor gets to enjoy her tea, while all the other capes run on coffee...
(There's nothing like a good cup of English Breakfast Tea, to start the day. :) )

Last edited:
On the other hand, Taylor gets to enjoy her tea, while all the other capes run on coffee...
Look at the sky, turned hellfire red, y'all; somebody's house is burning, down down down down, down down down...
Well, I asked my friend, "where is that black smoke coming from?" He just smiled and changed the subject, saying, "I thinking it might be snowing some,"
So I left him sipping his tea, and I jumped in my Cherry and rode off to see just what and who it could be this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No real context here although I couldn't pass up a chance to transcribe some choice Jimi. I will say that any [DATA]/feedback coming from Taylor is probably either making Scion nauseous or causing the depressed fool to trip balls.
The blind spots were a hasty cludge of a patch The Thinker applied as it was being shanked though, so are not an indicator of how the information is being generated.
Also, inference is still inductive logic based on perceived data, and if the wrong details are linked the results range from GIGO to the kind of things the Question will come up with.

Last edited:
Worm's problem is that it is a singular platform; running on Frostbite.

Frostbite was designed to run most OS; it didn't work.

"Frostbite is notorious for having well-publicized difficulties, including its complexity. This led to numerous reports of development issues surrounding Frostbite titles; a majority of these issues came with the engine's usage at BioWare, which has criticized the engine for its aforementioned complexity, which made adapting common elements found in role-playing games to the engine rather difficult. Much of these criticisms stemmed from Electronic Arts pushing for the usage of Frostbite in as many titles as possible when developers were already familiarised with a certain game engine, like the Eclipse Engine (for Dragon Age);[108] however, in 2023, Electronic Arts announced that developers were now able to develop games on any game engine.[109]"​

and if the wrong details are linked the results range from GIGO to the kind of things the Question will come up with.

Point of fact, the reason Batman turns to The Question when Batman is stumped by a mystery is because while Question follows rather bizarre chains of logic, he's usually right. There's been times when Question has beaten Batman to the correct answer, while following a bizarre and nonsensical chain of logic

One aspect of this is that most of the Marvel characters are at a much more rational level of power as compared to DC.
That's actually Bullshit. There are just as many Marvel characters that operate on the same level as the more 'broken' DC characters. Marvel just never had an editorial policy that one of their characters cannot under any circumstances be defeated for 20 years. Yes I mean Superman.

Didn't Thor recently get the Phoenix Force on top of the Odinforce?

In that state, I'd honestly put him above the current peak power of Superman.

Thor would already have a good chance of beating Superman, he's fucking MAGIC. But seriously, a lot of people sleep on Thor because, like Superman, most of the time you see him he's holding back, A LOT. That being said, Superman, when he lets go, and I'm not talking about Injustice!Superman-styles of letting go, I mean Viltrumite styles of letting go, there are very few people across most comic book verses that are in his weight class depending on the iteration of Superman we talk about because he's got some pretty mean feats.

In another world Taylor get that as a power. Clips out of the locker floor. Finds and loots the Science Department's budget - yes, apparently in a treasure chest in the floor.
Sounds almost like a bout of wishful thinking I posted in a reply to criticism of a Gamer!character thread over at No, You Can't Hear The Lasers (SpaceBattles).

I mentioned a desire for someone to get Skyrim's system with a suitably esoteric resource (such as defeated Parahumans) providing Dragonsouls and-or Words of Power, drops in Tamrielic materials, and the Oblivion Auction trading valuable for upgrades straight out of Nexusmods. (Preferably someone that knows the setting so they're mildly terrified of drawing entirely the wrong attention onto Earth bet!)

One of the only characters in Superman's weight class when he's cutting loose is a literally GOD of the DC universe. It took Darkseid CHEATING against Supes to have a hope of winning, rather than being a draw, in the fight that folowed the Trope Naming "World of Cardboard" speech.

So I think versus Thor? Even with the magic and such, since he goes up against Darkseid and holds his own, I think that Thor would not be an easy win for Thor just because of magic.

Easy win? Maybe not, but magic weapon means Superman is not invulnerable, just very durable. Heck, even mystically bestowed such as Captain Marvel (DC) and Black Adam can fairly easily take Superman out simply by calling out their empowering phrase while positioned so that Superman gets hit by the mystic bolt of energy.

EDIT:
Also, to illustrate the power differences between Marvel's top tiers and DC's top tiers... There was a Marvel vs DC crossover event that consisted of a 4 issue mini-series, and a dozen or so one shot comics that took place between issue 3 and 4 of Marvel vs DC. For the Hulk vs Superman fight, there were three hits. Hulk punched Superman, who rubbed his chin when he came to a stop. Supes then said something along the lines of "With a punch like that, you can survive this." Followed by one wide angle heat vision beam that knocked Hulk unconscious. No brawl, no having to whittle down the Hulk. Just one blast of heat vision.

The Marvel characters that won their matches tended to do so by out thinking their foes, the victory was entirely off screen, or the fight had been a complete draw until an outside force intervened (such as the sewer Batman and Captain America are fighting in flooding). The rest of the time, it was a DC comics char trouncing their counterpart due to just plain being stronger, more durable, AND having additional tricks. Such as Aquaman being stronger then Prince Namor, more durable then Prince Namor, and being able to call upon a sperm whale to pin Prince Namor long enough to be given the win.

Last edited:
Easy win? Maybe not, but magic weapon means Superman is not invulnerable, just very durable. Heck, even mystically bestowed such as Captain Marvel (DC) and Black Adam can fairly easily take Superman out simply by calling out their empowering phrase while positioned so that Superman gets hit by the mystic bolt of energy.

EDIT:
Also, to illustrate the power differences between Marvel's top tiers and DC's top tiers... There was a Marvel vs DC crossover event that consisted of a 4 issue mini-series, and a dozen or so one shot comics that took place between issue 3 and 4 of Marvel vs DC. For the Hulk vs Superman fight, there were three hits. Hulk punched Superman, who rubbed his chin when he came to a stop. Supes then said something along the lines of "With a punch like that, you can survive this." Followed by one wide angle heat vision beam that knocked Hulk unconscious. No brawl, no having to whittle down the Hulk. Just one blast of heat vision.

The Marvel characters that won their matches tended to do so by out thinking their foes, the victory was entirely off screen, or the fight had been a complete draw until an outside force intervened (such as the sewer Batman and Captain America are fighting in flooding). The rest of the time, it was a DC comics char trouncing their counterpart due to just plain being stronger, more durable, AND having additional tricks. Such as Aquaman being stronger then Prince Namor, more durable then Prince Namor, and being able to call upon a sperm whale to pin Prince Namor long enough to be given the win.
A very bad example to use if ever there was one. The outcomes of those Marvel vs DC fights were determined by popular vote, for the top tiers anyway. The ease with which Superman topped Hulk is due to how much Superman trounced Hulk in the polls. Batman pulling out an environmental win was also due to his polling numbers.

Back