The thing I took away from the first chapter?

QA apparently is still there.

Which means she still gets Best Host.

What exactly was ol Cy's counter proposal.

Does QA get a BF in addition to Best Host?

I'm giggling at the idea of Taylor having to listen to

[Request: Don't stop!]

Nothing Stops me!

[Status: 🚬😴]

If Taylor isn't 7 feet and based upon the weight provided, she should be able to fit into her house no prob, being careful on the stairs sure but not much more then that. Her height isn't supernatural for a normal human, exceptional sure as is her weight, and the fact that she was suddenly taller, stronger, etc is a change and challenge but not enough for her not to be able to be at home. If her house is in danger of giving out with the given measurements then she and Danny should not be living there in the first place. Cause I imagine certain armored figures are heavier then that in power armor (Armsmaster). Though the possible issue with her strength is something that should get emphasized for why she is following along with everything, not wanting to break things unintentionally and all(only break things on purpose).

Clothing wise I imagine they have men's that are roughly Taylor's new size but yeah they likely needed a fast order from clothes makers/Parian/whoever the PRT has for that job. Also damn the PRT was really on the ball all things considered, nice to see but I wonder where the sabotage will come from? Assault being there to be disarmingly charming is nice to see, though more fics should use him as a first contact hero.

Last edited:
If Taylor isn't 7 feet and based upon the weight provided, she should be able to fit into her house no prob, being careful on the stairs sure but not much more then that. Her height isn't supernatural for a normal human, exceptional sure as is her weight, and the fact that she was suddenly taller, stronger, etc is a change and challenge but not enough for her not to be able to be at home. If her house is in danger of giving out with the given measurements then she and Danny should not be living there in the first place. Cause I imagine certain armored figures are heavier then that in power armor (Armsmaster). Though the possible issue with her strength is something that should get emphasized for why she is following along with everything, not wanting to break things unintentionally and all(only break things on purpose).

Clothing wise I imagine they have men's that are roughly Taylor's new size but yeah they likely needed a fast order from clothes makers/Parian/whoever the PRT has for that job. Also damn the PRT was really on the ball all things considered, nice to see but I wonder where the sabotage will come from? Assault being there to be disarmingly charming is nice to see, though more fics should use him as a first contact hero.
The standard door height is 6'8", so she's in fact too tall for her door. Ceiling height is more varied, but 8' to 10' is pretty normal for the first floor. With 8' for the upper floor. Taylor's still growing too. Canonically she's 5'8" when she triggers, and 5'10" by the end of Worm. So her being 8' plus eventually isn't out of the question. And Cain is usually portrayed as Hulk sized. So like 8-9' tall and 1000 lbs. I doubt Taylor would end up with that square slab type of build though.

The standard door height is 6'8", so she's in fact too tall for her door. Ceiling height is more varied, but 8' to 10' is pretty normal for the first floor. With 8' for the upper floor. Taylor's still growing too. Canonically she's 5'8" when she triggers, and 5'10" by the end of Worm. So her being 8' plus eventually isn't out of the question. And Cain is usually portrayed as Hulk sized. So like 8-9' tall and 1000 lbs. I doubt Taylor would end up with that square slab type of build though.
Did that get changed? When it first posted she grew to 200 cm or 6' 6.

The Dangers of Approximations
Part of the issue here is that I use a rough conversion of 1 meter = approx. 40 inches when writing.

Yes, I know that 1 meter = 39.37008 inches, so 2 meters is 78.74016, or 6' 6 3/4", which is a whole lot closer than 80".

A closer approximation is 39 3/8", which is .00492 off...

Suffice to say Taylornaut's head contacts the lintel of the door. Or do you really want this?

Taylornaut uses HEADBASH!!! It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!

Door suffers Super-Ultra-Mega-Critical Hit!!!!!!!!!

Door is Knocked Out...

Wait, who am I kidding?

Anyway, Taylor's height is stated by Assault to be 6' 10", or 2.08m. So yes, she's tall enough to do the above Pokemon™ skit without thinking about it to any normal door she encounters. She'd rather not get Vicky's nickname applied to her.

In addition to the above, Taylor seems to have very rapidly discovered that she's a Woman of Titanium in a World of Crepe Paper.

Or, in other words, if she took out the door frame HARD enough, it might cause significant issues with building structural integrity.

In addition to the above, Taylor seems to have very rapidly discovered that she's a Woman of Titanium in a World of Crepe Paper.

Or, in other words, if she took out the door frame HARD enough, it might cause significant issues with building structural integrity.
You forget her forward motion cannot be stopped (by outside forces). She won't bump into a door lintel she'll just blast through it like it aint't no thing. Cause to her it ain't.

Part of the issue here is that I use a rough conversion of 1 meter = approx. 40 inches when writing.

Yes, I know that 1 meter = 39.37008 inches, so 2 meters is 78.74016, or 6' 6 3/4", which is a whole lot closer than 80".

A closer approximation is 39 3/8", which is .00492 off...

Suffice to say Taylornaut's head contacts the lintel of the door. Or do you really want this?

Taylornaut uses HEADBASH!!! It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!

Door suffers Super-Ultra-Mega-Critical Hit!!!!!!!!!

Door is Knocked Out...

Wait, who am I kidding?

Anyway, Taylor's height is stated by Assault to be 6' 10", or 2.08m. So yes, she's tall enough to do the above Pokemon™ skit without thinking about it to any normal door she encounters. She'd rather not get Vicky's nickname applied to her.
Actually a metre is 36 inches. Just not 36 British inches, but 36 French inches. Yes the metre is the French equivalent of an English yard. But the French royal foot is like 15% longer than the British foot. :rofl:

Last edited:
You forget her forward motion cannot be stopped (by outside forces). She won't bump into a door lintel she'll just blast through it like it aint't no thing. Cause to her it ain't.

Actually a metre is 36 inches. Just not 36 British inches, but 36 French inches. Yes the metre is the French equivalent of an English yard. But the French royal foot is like 15% longer than the British foot. :rofl:

Well, actually a Yard is only 0.9144 meters. Making a meter approximately 1.094 yards

"Naut a challenge
I know it is a rather bad thing to say...but I bet Vicky is gonna challenge Tay to an arm wrestling match to establish herself as Queen Brute(conflict drive and teenage drama are a hell of a drug) of the group...and end up with a broken arm or something. Amy is there to fix it, but it would be funny.

Vicky: "You are going down, T!"

Taylor: "Vicky, this is a bad idea..."

Vicky: "Nonsense! Carlos time us."

Carletto del Escudo: "On 3...1, 2, 3!"

*SNAP

Pan Pan: "Damn it, Vicky..."

Last edited:
I have no doubt at all that she could, however even Juggernauts must have instinctual self control so as not to plow through things they don't want to. Like floors or stairs upward. They are still affected by gravity.

I have no doubt at all that she could, however even Juggernauts must have instinctual self control so as not to plow through things they don't want to. Like floors or stairs upward. They are still affected by gravity.

I know what she must do, she must lie down on a trampoline, then someone else must jump next to her, making the trampoline launch her. Cause her front is aimed upwards. She will then disappear into the upper atmosphere, smack through Simurgh, smack through the moon and then disappear into space ... well, nevermind, maybe not the best plan for her continued survival

I know what she must do, she must lie down on a trampoline, then someone else must jump next to her, making the trampoline launch her. Cause her front is aimed upwards. She will then disappear into the upper atmosphere, smack through Simurgh, smack through the moon and then disappear into space ... well, nevermind, maybe not the best plan for her continued survival

Nah. See. She's moving forward. She cannot be stopped when moving forward. Death would be a stop, therefore she will not die.

Well, actually a Yard is only 0.9144 meters. Making a meter approximately 1.094 yards
No, no, originally the metre was made up 3 feet. Each foot divided into 12 inches. The gag is that the foot was literally someone's foot. So a French royal foot is longer than and English one. As the actual persons foot used as the pattern was bigger. The metric system was a product of the French revolution. Standardization was not really a thing then.

Actually a metre is 36 inches. Just not 36 British inches, but 36 French inches.
Not quite; by pre-revolutionary French measure the metre is 36 pouces 11.3 lignes, making the toise (six pieds) fall about 51mm short of two metres.

In any event, the metre was initially defined in terms of the circumference of the Earth along the Paris Meridian, and instantiated based on a detailed survey of the Paris meridian from Dunkerque to Barcelona.

That won't kill a Champion. You need to take the Gem and banish it to a different plane of the universe or bind it in a magical container and separate it from the Champion. Past the moon at minimum distance from canon. You need to do that fast because a Champion with True Faith in Cyttorak can summon it by chanting Cyttorak's Mantra. Cain Marko as Juggernaut was an ignoramus who used a single aspect of the Mantle's power. An actual priest-mage of Cyttorak is a Minor Immortal Demigod, and Epic level gestalt of Archmage, Fighter, Radiant Servant, and Berserker that can slaughter gods. Thankfully Cain knew no magic, had the attention span of a rock, was singularly simple minded and an atheist. Oh and easily distracted by his intense envy and (possibly homoerotic) need to dominate his brother Charles whose alias is Professor X.

Last edited:
Well, in comparison, Taylor is a step up then. Girl is almost hard-wired to take and make any possible advantage and lie to herself after.

It is a long standing complaint of mine. They actually redefined Inches, yards, and verious imperial measurments after WW2, and stead of making conversion easy, like say, 1 inch equals 2.5 centimeters, they went with 1 inch equals 2.54. So thanks to that, we have conversion issues. Know what conversion issues cause? People to not use your fancy new system!

I used to work in Aerospace. You want fun? Having to work on parts both in US Customary units -and- SI units.

We'd get parts from a customer, say a certain UK Jet engine company. The dimensions, tolerances, and specifications come in SI. They get converted to inches accurately, and then rounded up to the nearest 0.001". When the parts are inspected and logged before shipping, everything has to be done in SI. Converting surface finish from micro-inches to SI was a pain...

Granted, none of the parts like that flew on commercial aircraft, but it did make for a confusing mess. At least the US customers submitted everything in US Customary Units, and expected the QA data in the same.

I've used the 1 " = 25mm / 2.5 cm for a long time. That way, 40" = 1 meter, 3 meters = 10'. Actually, this is what I was taught in the 70's when they were pushing the metric/ SI system.

Anyway, working on more Unstoppable Wordz™, along side Scaly Wopdz™. Giant Robot Stompy Wordz™ are ready to go this Saturday.

Don't forget the fun bits where ounces/gallons and tons are not the same unit on both sides of the Atlantic, and don't have the same number of subdivisions.

Not quite; by pre-revolutionary French measure the metre is 36 pouces 11.3 lignes, making the toise (six pieds) fall about 51mm short of two metres.

In any event, the metre was initially defined in terms of the circumference of the Earth along the Paris Meridian, and instantiated based on a detailed survey of the Paris meridian from Dunkerque to Barcelona.
Ah, but by which system was six pieds 51mm short of two metres? The ancient regime was, in not so many words, a dumpster fire when it came to regulation. As in they had, IIRC, 3 different legal systems operating next to each other. And almost no large scale standardization in weights and measures. Like you had a royal weights and measures used in Île-de-France and the provinces around it (but not Normandy), and other areas used their own Roman derived system.

Now if by the Royal weights and measures 6 pieds was 51mm short of two metres, well that's fine.

Last edited:
Back