Strength and durability to leap small buildings and tank bullets

I remember the late great Julius Schwartz saying that he wanted to have a story very early on where Superman steps out of a building in Chicago and leaps into the air - only to slam into one of the buildings, because it was originally 'leap an eight of a mile', and the building in question was that tall ...

I'd say the last statement is not in any way correct. I personally know a friend who is well above 300 pounds, and well over 7 feet. He has no trouble getting into trucks (what Danny owns) and can easily get through doorways. I understand the statments were to emphasize how big she's grown, but from what's described, she's not nearly too large to live like the rest of us. Aside from maybe bumping her head some. My friend had that problem.
Really depends on the truck. Remember that their family isn't exactly well-off. A two-seater pickup from like the mid 90s would leave Taylor curled into a ball trying to fit, and likely unable to buckle.

I'd say the last statement is not in any way correct. I personally know a friend who is well above 300 pounds, and well over 7 feet. He has no trouble getting into trucks (what Danny owns) and can easily get through doorways. I understand the statments were to emphasize how big she's grown, but from what's described, she's not nearly too large to live like the rest of us. Aside from maybe bumping her head some. My friend had that problem.
Mid to Late Ninties early 200's Chevy S10 were mostly smallish pick up trucks that could at most handle someone a little over 6 feet tall 6 6 to 6 7 at most over that it gets very uncomfortable. Same is true for most of the light pickup trucks of the time so depending what Danny had this would be accurate. As far as being unable to get into the house I defer to others.

I don't think we're ever told just how old Danny's truck is. My friend had a late 1960's ford truck with no power steering and a stick shift. A real old beast. But it had a good amount of room in the cab. This was around 2000 or so. Now, we live in a 'dry' area. Brockton is on the east coast, so with all the salt they use on the roads there, anything that old would have long rusted out. So you might be right about the year. Mind you, I had a fairly small car, and although it was a tight fit, he could squeeze in. was a pain for him to buckle up though. You're right about that.

In the immediate aftermath of the Winslow Event, Taylor had some issues with power control, much like Vicky canonically / fanonically does. Danny's truck is probably a small truck, Ford Ranger / Chevy LUV / Dodge Dakota, probably late 90's/early 00's. Taylor had a problem folding herself into the cab, and didn't want to risk accidentally wrecking the thing trying to get in. He doesn't have the monsters I see every day - F150/250/350, Dodge RAM 1500, Nissan Titan, Toyota Tacoma, and the large Chevy trucks (I live in farm and cattle country) running around the city, unless someone from out in the countryside is coming into town.

Yeah, I know there will be someone in town who has a big pickup truck, and have reasons (good or bad) for having it. But Danny doesn't strike me as being one of those people.

Likewise, once at the house, in skipping over the broken step on the front porch, she put her foot through the good step while missing the bad one. While Danny could get in through the back door, the front hallway was the wider one. Again, Taylor didn't want to risk accidentally wrecking things at home, so Danny went in and got some of her personal belongings after Assault, gentleman that he is, offered some PRT living space meant for things like this.

I owned a Datsun truck at one point, and trying to fit a 7'8" person in that thing? MIGHT have happened. It was NOT the type of pick-up truck that most people think of these days. It was small. (And hard to find parts for. It got stolen at one point, and when it was found, it was missing ONE thing - the radiator. And finding a new one of those? Made me understand why the assholes stole it in the first place.)

The strangest new power I ever saw was in Superman 20. (Yes, THAT far back.) He developed Super-Crooning in order to keep Lois from falling for Perry Como. (Seriously. The issue exists.)

And I think 'kidnapping' requires moving the kidnappEE to a new place. But unlawful imprisonment is pretty much a guarantee, especially if someone FILMED Sophia doing the locker thing.
Firing mini supermans from his palms, all of whom had all of his powers...
Including firing mini mini Supermen from their palms.

That was Superman 125.

I'm looking forward to the power testing, because juggernaut is stated to infinite kinetic energy potential a spar of taylor v assault would have interesting results. Taylor v behemoth would be interesting as well. I'm curious how the helmet would make thinkers such as contessa react as there is no clear marvel equivalent as far as I'm aware. Would it be a complete negation? Im wondering if this is going a stronger than average juggernaut as well, because one of Cain's only weakness is his lack of intelligence/stretching the limits of his powers. Taylor has no issue with (power related) intelligence. Another thing is that part of juggernauts power set is his fighting skill, so will Taylor be part combat thinker? If the red voice is truly cyttorak then there is magic commonly associated with him. Juggernaut (as far as I'm aware) has no want or need to learn this, but I have trouble believing that Taylor wouldn't want more power. Assuming the voice is cyttorak, then will magic / other marvel forces start appearing? Will more marvel deities and their champions appear? What about multidimensional capable characters popping up? Are there going to be more alt powers of marvel characters or is Taylor the only one. Very much looking forward to more. Also speaking as an above six foot man if I had to worry about denting or breaking a truck when I got in it I wouldn't risk it. Cars can get pretty cramped. My head hits the ceiling already and I'm not six ten, so I believe that Taylor not getting into her family's only car after a stressful day is entirely reasonable

Last edited:
Close; it's "Nothing can stop the Juggernaut." Part of his power is a force field that pushes obstacles back and to the side as he advances.

Enhanced strength, near-immunity to everything (especially with Cyttorak's armor), full life support, RAPID regeneration if something actually DOES manage to hurt Taylornaut...

Marko might have had his 'momentum/kinetic control' X-Gene power giving him his Mover abilities, but more to the point:

[Negotiation]

[Counter Proposal]

[Agreement]

[Destination]

That might be how Taylor was able to no-sell Sophia's phasing, because Marko COULDN'T.

Ah, relief. One of the ideas I've been kicking around for awhile is in the hands of a competent author and you've taken that ball and run with it. So many possibilities and scenes that combine comedy and awesomeness. (Like the earlier mention of using Hatchetface as a blunt trauma instrument against Crawler. There's just something innately appealing about that image.)
I eagerly await more of this when time and your muse coincide.

dosnt it change when harm is done? Or at least the intention of harm?
The degree of the charge and severity of the minimum and maximum punishment. @Kryslin Andre the Giant fit in a Kei truck for a promotion. He was 7'4" and the dimensions of Juggernaut Marko. He also got a kick of riding around in Minis, VW Beetles and Puegots shocking people when he entered and exited.

Last edited:
I love Juggernaut's power so much. Super strength and durability are fine, but unstoppability is so much better somehow.

I love the idea of 'those doors better be automatic if they know what's good for them' as a power.

Close; it's "Nothing can stop the Juggernaut." Part of his power is a force field that pushes obstacles back and to the side as he advances. Plus, he's not immovable; when not in motion, sufficiently powerful attacks can move him. It's only when he's in motion that he becomes unstoppable.
Lack of flight (for now) in exchange for a much more durable shield, Glory Girl is going to be jealous. Also apparently Juggernaut can absorb and redirect energy blasts. That is an ability that just styles on a whole category of parahumans.

The degree of the charge and severity of the minimum and maximum punishment. @Kryslin Andre the Giant fit in a Kei truck for a promotion. He was 7'4" and the dimensions of Juggernaut Marko. He also got a kick of riding around in Minis, VW Beetles and Puegots shocking people when he entered and exited.

@Kryslin has already stated it wasn't just her size but also a distinct lack of or limited control of her Strength that Taylor did not ride home in Danny's truck. Especially sine with said last of control she could rip the door off and tear/destroy the frame of the vehicle which of course would destroy the vehicle. So that actually makes a significant amount of sense.

Raising an eyebrow at the frazzled look on Armsmaster's face, Emily Piggot asked, "So, what's Ms. Hebert's current power rating?"

Sighing, Colin said, "Brute: YES. Breaker: YES. Nothing was durable enough to truly test the limits of her strength. Nothing was durable enough to stop her. She takes one basic set of powers and escalates them to their absolute limit. I'm glad that she's not planning to be a villain, because I doubt even Scion himself could get in her way."

Another thing to remember is that Andre the Giant had to be pretty flexible for his size due to his profession. So he could easily manage to bend and fold himself into a Mini or a Kei car quite easily.

Juggernaut Taylor isn't. Some of her training will be for flexibility and control. And some Hand to Hand / Close Quarters combat training. Because what works for Vicky (Just punch it!) would be rather disastrous for Taylor...

Obviously, Juggernaut won't be her cape name, if only to avoid PHO making boob jokes and comments.

Juggernaut Taylor isn't. Some of her training will be for flexibility and control. And some Hand to Hand / Close Quarters combat training. Because what works for Vicky (Just punch it!) would be rather disastrous for Taylor...

Hmmm. Yoga for Juggi-Tay ?? Interesting mental picture. But durable clothing for everyday use is the first real challenge.

Back