Into that Vast and Unrelenting Darkness (40K Xeno Civilization Quest)

[X] Mask: A great fox, with curious playful eyes, every strand of fur a different cut of crystal
[X] Zir Amethyst
[X] Frostal
[X] Mechanoburg

[X] A mask showcasing showcasing a sea of identical birds until one break frees to become a unique beautiful bird full of depth complexity
[X] Mask: A great fox, with curious playful eyes, every strand of fur a different cut of crystal
[X] Fractal-patterened, like a burnished gem.
[X] Dr. Hurriyeh

[X] Mrs Hurriyeh
[X] Professor Hurriyeh
[X] Pavva-Ganuk Village:

Last edited:
[X] A mask showcasing showcasing a sea of identical birds until one break frees to become a unique beautiful bird full of depth complexity
[X] Dr. Hurriyeh
[X] Pavva-Ganuk Village:
[X] Frostal:

[x] name: Zir Amethyst
[x] Pavva-Ganuk Village

We haven't seen much of how the little people live in this fic so far, so I'm down with a village setting

Last edited:
Doesn't look like it?
I mean, other than some opinion blurb if you wanted to share your thoughts
Well, I think Pavva-Ganuk Village would be pretty neat for a side-story. It would be something different with all the technology we're constantly introduced in the Tekket's lives.

Plus, the setup for my vote does have some synergy. A Lord of Change wearing a fox (Kitsune) mask working inside a small rural village as a Shrine-Keeper. Kitsunes in Japanese folklore are trickster fox spirits with a variety of supernatural powers and are known for their wisdom.

Add the idea of a small rural village and guarding a shrine and you pretty much have the setup of a classic Japanese folklore story… except it's in 40k.

Last edited:
Well, I think Pavva-Ganuk Village would be pretty neat for a side-story. It would be something different with all the technology we're constantly introduced in the Tekket's lives.

Plus, the setup for my vote does have some synergy. A Lord of Change wearing a fox (Kitsune) mask working inside a small rural village as a Shrine-Keeper. Kitsunes in Japanese folklore are trickster fox spirits with a variety of supernatural powers and are known for their wisdom.

Add the idea of a small rural village and guarding a shrine and you pretty much have the setup of a classic Japanese folklore story… except it's in 40k.
That is quite an awesome bit of mythos sympathy!
Honestly if we some how end up with naginata wielding shrinemaidens we'll be able to see the emperor's eyebrow twitching from the capital xD

[X] Dr. Hurriyeh
[X] Pavva-Ganuk Village

[X] Appears to be woven of overlapping feathers, and rather resembles the inside of a pillow
[X] Mag. Sumeragi of the Three-Headed Crow
[X] Mechanoburg
It's a giant train that travels through the solar system.

Last edited:
[x] name: Zir Amethyst
[x] Pavva-Ganuk Village

[X] A great fox, with curious playful eyes, every strand of fur a different cut of crystal.

[X] Zir Hurriyeh

[X] Frostal

Last edited:
Something interesting about Frostal that I don't think has come up here: we'd get to see individuals that went through Persone Mask overwrite which we've only gotten broad generalizations of. I think it would be really cool to see one of them, since they would let us see a unique perspective on Directorate cultural works; the concept of individuals becoming characters from in-universe fictional works is just so fascinating to me, and we probably won't have another chance to look at them anytime soon.

[X] Frostal: An AAAA on Tacchis, and not one of the good ones. The Bureaucracy couldn't find a senior shrine-keeper willing to put up with the residents: they had requested you for this, thinking it a good test of your abilities. You were to tend to the spirits of the AAAA, co-ordinate with the Nova Mechanicus and Assembly while doing it, while working to help get the ever shrinking population adjusted to life in the Directorate.
Just so you're aware, the tally is counting this vote separately from just:
[] Frostal

Last edited:
[X] Mechanoburg
Oh shit we're going to hang out with the Corbettite Monks! FUCK yes
"When you meet the Lord, do it with the throttle open."

The fact that the whole thing is a Girl Genius reference makes it even better. If there isn't a castle or a hetrodyne I will be disappointed.

Also, is that quote also from girl genius?
Yep! god the corbettites are one of the most metal elements of an already pretty metal setting. Mad science militant train monks!

Last edited:
Back