What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 3 hours, 58 minutes
She literally rolled below 4s in a 2d6 system for nearly ~60 turns. :cry::rage:

Okay, now here's something that really annoys me. At some point she must have gotten at least some Nat 1s if she was rolling so poorly for 600 straight years. But at no point did she just get ganked? If we fucked up for several centuries in a row we'd probably just be destroyed.

Heck, we're at a place where if we fuck up for, like, 4-5 turn votes in a row we're probably in an existential fight to the death where we don't have a great chance of winning.

Last edited:
All right, let's see.

We need 3 actions to build our 4th and 5th SBGs.

We need 3 actions to finish the evacuation fleet... but unless I'm misunderstanding, it's not actually required at the start of the war, it'll only come into play once we've actually taken Voxx Primus. Meaning we're better off spending those three actions during the war.

There's a few research options that I still think would be a good idea to engage in before the shooting war starts: Free Duchy Shipwreck And Battle Studies is the obvious one, but also the Expanded Snapshot Cogitation, Novel Infantry Weapons/Armor... As things currently stand, a single Research action gets two of these done (and three research actions get five of these done).

If we can further delay discovery of our infiltration operation, then we absolutely should - every decade we delay is a decade our terraforming planets can cook.

Songs are good. I favor more Songs.

Holy Sigils... maybe.

Blazing Sun completes next turn, so we'll have something like 36 War-Packs to spearhead the ground invasion (assuming we don't do too badly in space).

The Codex... I'm guessing this will affect the long-term development of the Lamenters, but it's likely the sort of stuff that'll take a good century to pay off? I'm guessing?

She literally rolled below 4s in a 2d6 system for nearly ~60 turns. :cry::rage:
Imagine she rolled shit 1 more turn and Walliseatscheeses plan won.
With its mention of learning about the Cutting Ships as part of the fleet infiltration.

You give us a nice story post with leads on what is up.
We start theorizing on what it could actually be and how to get the most use out of it (like ratting the conspiracy out as a distraction (pushing back the timer) and getting them to have a nice little civil war against the corrupted parts of their fleet with us triggering the revolution in their weakest moment), we start making plans on that, everything seems good.

And then Caine goes full murloc scream.

[X] Plan: Speeding Up The Slow Rolling
-[X] [Voxx Primus Defense Fleet] With the draw down wrapping up, now would be an excellent time to slip in our own people as candidates for replacements for lost crew who were taken with the redirected fleets and start getting our people into a position to get positions within the mobile fleet assets still in system. And who knows, maybe we can learn something about those Cutting Ships with our extended access?
-[X] [Voxx Primus and Voxx Secondus Food Transport Fleet] As the clock ticks down further and further, we need to get a move on for embedding assets and getting ready to do what's needed to prevent hundreds of billions from dying. The word is go for starting our infiltration of the Food Ships that handle the deliveries for Primus.
-[X] [Voxx Primus] The Defense Stations are not the only threat we face, but they are definitely one of the major threats, and so we need to concentrate our efforts on thoroughly infiltrating every aspect of the Defense Station. Janitors and duct-workers, coders and guards, all of them matter to the chance to do either significant damage or seize the stations outright, and in either case open the door to the Lamenters' or others.
-[X] Switch from Lupus-Class Destroyers for the Automatic Destroyer Production, to Rustbuckets

Would this mean that they couldn't do anything with the Defense Stations, or would it just/"just" mean they take heavier losses doing two difficult things in a row?
It means that they will be split. Like...they are a full Chapter. Even one Company is enough to count as an "I Win" button for the Ringyards. Half of one? I doubt it would be lower than that.
- 1 action needed to start the revolution, 2 to deploy fleets
No, that is in the Trigger Voxx Action.
@HeroCooky , could the Revolution Song be able to aid with seizing/starting a revolt on the Megafreighters on top of anywhere else we've infiltrated?
It would help.
Am I correct in assuming that the Lamenters can either board them or the stations?
Nope. They can do both, as you see...they have a shiny new fleet.
Neablis said:
Also - is there any way we can hunt Caine down? Spend an action to boost Cerberus and specifically task them to hunt her down?
You do not have the Songs for that, but she just jumped to #1 Federation Enemy thanks to that stunt.
I need your feedback on a few questions, @HeroCooky ?

1) Can the food situation limp along for one decade if we have the Megafreighters/Voxx Secondus but have not yet completed the Civ Fleet?
2) How is the Defense Station situation currently?
3) Would moving up the Timetable for Revolution that they're operating under help anything, WRT the Infiltration thing?
1. Yes.
2. Further infiltrated. Can now gamble on doing two stuff or get a high chance on one effort.
3. No, that is for the most optimal time to trigger the Revolution.
1) Anyway, @HeroCooky , I think it might be better to ask what networks remain intact, instead of which have been destroyed?
Do we still have any infiltration gimmicks left in Vox Secundus. IIRC, before the revolution we had
- Extensive industry in the underhive
- Defense stations
- Agri freighter infiltration

2) Given the massive purges among the Mechanicus, are there any attempts from their side to escape and make it across the border?
1. That was fluff. You still have all your mechanical advantages ready to roll.
2. Yes, which did gove you a Trigger for when the Revolution pops.
Okay, now here's something that really annoys me. At some point she must have gotten at least some Nat 1s if she was rolling so poorly for 600 straight years. But at no point did she just get ganked? If we fucked up for several centuries in a row we'd probably just be destroyed.

Heck, we're at a place where if we fuck up for, like, 4-5 turn votes in a row we're probably in an existential fight to the death where we don't have a great chance of winning.
She did fail with 1s, a lot. And every time she failed she pushed back Chaos on your worlds by accident, or revealed some fuckery for one of your neighbors, or slapped Khorne away from the Moths, or prevent a Lamenter tragedy, or...

We need 3 actions to finish the evacuation fleet... but unless I'm misunderstanding, it's not actually required at the start of the war, it'll only come into play once we've actually taken Voxx Primus. Meaning we're better off spending those three actions during the war.
The problem is that the evac fleet is also the food supply fleet.

And we sure as hell need that one.

Unless the enemy makes the incredibly sensible and not at all logistically feasible decision to stockpile a lot of food on Vox Primus.

So let's see :

- 2 actions needed to re-infiltrate the Agri ships
- 3 actions needed to fix the SBG's
- 3 actions needed to finish the evac fleets
- 1 action needed to start the revolution, 2 to deploy fleets

11 actions by my count, meaning we are a whole turn short?

I think it'll be necessairy to sacrifice the evac fleet. It's not like there's anywhere to evacuate the people too in the first place.

It'll have to be the former, the latter isn't an option.

The enemy is undoubtedly going to reinforce Vox Primus again, we seem to have lost all our gimmicks.
Good points, few comments and some math:

- 2 actions needed to re-infiltrate the Agri ships we never infiltrated them in the first place, but yes.
- 3 actions needed to fix the SBG's finish them, yeah. Doing this gives us +1 action
- 3 actions needed to finish the evac fleets this can be delayed a tiny bit, but not much. If we control the orbitals then these ships will be needed even if fighting is happening on the ground still.
- 1 action needed to start the revolution, 2 to deploy fleets. I think this is all contained in the "start the revolution" action. We get a sub-turn the plan the invasion, which includes deploying the fleet.

By my math we have 9 mandatory actions here and 10 slots to put them into, counting the bonus action from 5 fleets.

So... We can do the revolution song anyway?

She did fail with 1s, a lot. And every time she failed she pushed back Chaos on your worlds by accident, or revealed some fuckery for one of your neighbors, or slapped Khorne away from the Moths, or prevent a Lamenter tragedy, or...
Ah, well let's see.

- Actions always guided by faith
- Sure as hell claims to have powers
- has achieved great things for us

Saint Caine, it is!

1. That was fluff. You still have all your mechanical advantages ready to roll.
That helps, a lot.

So ultimately we just lost 2 turns, not 2 turns and 3-4 actions.

Apparently we can limp along for ONE decade without the Civ Fleet if we get the Agricultural Infiltration.

Like, a very short amount of time of limping along with presumably people doing Rationing or something like that?
While yes, that is the case, the problem is that in that case production of refugeeships will run straight into the need to defend against the inevitable counter attack.

Last edited:
[] Plan: ALL IN, The Flop
-[] Minotaur (2/2.5)
---[] Excess to go into Leviathan
-[] Leviathan (0/2.5) x2
-[] Note, both new SBGs are to be in Perfinda, so that they CANNOT in any way notice that we now have 5 SBGs.

[] Plan: ALL IN, The Turn
-[] Civ Fleets x2, 1/4-->3/4
-[] Infiltrate Megafreighters x2

[] Plan: ALL IN, The River
-[] Trigger the Revolution
-[] Start a military campaign
-[] Revolution Song

[] Plan: ALL IN, Cards On The Table
-[] A number of things, including Civ Evac 4/4, but then mostly building SBGs, obviously.

Something like this!

Wait, what agricultural infiltration? I didn't see that conditional anywhere in what HeroCooky said?

If we get the Megafreighters, we can hold off very slightly with the Civ Ships.

[] Plan: ALL IN, The Flop
-[] Minotaur (2/2.5)
---[] Excess to go into Leviathan
-[] Leviathan (0/2.5) x2
-[] Note, both new SBGs are to be in Perfinda, so that they CANNOT in any way notice that we now have 5 SBGs.

[] Plan: ALL IN, The Turn
-[] Civ Fleets x2, 1/4-->3/4
-[] Infiltrate Megafreighters x2

[] Plan: ALL IN, The River
-[] Trigger the Revolution
-[] Start a military campaign
-[] Revolution Song

[] Plan: ALL IN, Cards On The Table
-[] A number of things, including Civ Evac 4/4, but then mostly building SBGs, obviously.

Something like this!

If we get the Megafreighters, we can hold off very slightly with the Civ Ships.
I'd say swap the revolution song in for one civ fleet action in the 4-action turn. Having it ready in time, then double up on civ fleet on the river.

@HeroCooky I was under the impression that the revolution actuon included the invasion action? Do we need a second action to invade?

She didn't touch those.
Ah. Well, a shot and a miss.

She saved our cute samurai moths from getting Khorned?
Worth it!
Ah, well let's see.

- Actions always guided by faith
- Sure as hell claims to have powers
- has achieved great things for us

Saint Caine, it is!
Saint Caine of the rake-steppers was being guided by the Starchild trolling the shit out of the Starfather.

I'd say swap the revolution song in for one civ fleet action in the 4-action turn. Having it ready in time, then double up on civ fleet on the river.

@HeroCooky I was under the impression that the revolution actuon included the invasion action? Do we need a second action to invade?

The Revolution-Song seems like it's impossibly time-sensitive. As in, if we don't get it in time for the Revolution we'll literally never get it, ever.

What is the revolution song actually?

Like if we're going to do a song, it might be worthwhile to explore a few more possibilities.

Let Our Souls Ignite The Flames Of Kindred Minds Against The Roaring World - Struggle, Fire, Humanity, Unity, Hope, Song

It's quite literally the "Do You Hear The People Sing" option. The one that rouses everyone who doubts this broken, fucked up system into Ignition, into not merely saying, "Shit is bad, guess we can do nothing" but "Tonight We Riot!"

It is literally that fucking cool and useful based on the description and vibes.

Last edited:
*sigh* I just knew Chaos would fuck us over in the war but I thought it would at least be polite enough to wait for it to START. And that Chaotic worshiper that blew up Qalach's Forge is back... Just great.

Do we need more Faith actions? The Sigils sound good to have, but the Temple Ship could be useful too.

Also, did I misread or did Caine say Star-Father? As in the opposite of what we are trying to accomplish(and that I'm pretty sure wasn't supposed to appear in the Quest at all), she better be lying for our own good.

So to clarify, @HeroCooky , the agricultural situation will be... capable of tightening the belt enough that if we finish the Civ Fleets the turn after we Trigger the Revolution it won't be a complete disaster?
Yep, as long as you finish them the Turn after.
It does?
and that I'm pretty sure wasn't supposed to appear in the Quest at all
Yes. The Star-Father will not exist unless something fucks up monumentally. More than you and me could do even if we both colluded in full synth.

Yep, as long as you finish them the Turn after.
It does?
Yes. The Star-Father will not exist unless something fucks up monumentally. More than you and me could do even if we both colluded in full synth.

Two further questions. How certain are our planners that they'll be able to get the Emergency Declaration the turn after the Revolution/Occupation/War gets going?

Second, how much does our general populace know about what's going on, including, like, this speeding up of the timetable?

It means that they will be split. Like...they are a full Chapter. Even one Company is enough to count as an "I Win" button for the Ringyards. Half of one? I doubt it would be lower than that.
Uh. Do we even need to spend actions on freighter infiltration? Apparently the lamenters can just handle it pretty easily. We won't have as many for the space battle, but I think those actions can be better used elsewhere.

Like a full build action of Sagittariuses. And a grounding song to make the void battle go better.

Last edited:
Uh. Do we even need to spend actions on freighter infiltration? Apparently the lamenters can just handle it pretty easily. We won't have as many for thr space battle, but I think those actions can be better used elsewhere.

Like a full build agtion of Sagitarious's. And a grounding song to make the void battle go better.

Alternate suggestion. Would a single Infiltration action be enough to ease the job the Lamenters might have in seizing the Megafreighters, or would that be wasted effort, @HeroCooky ?

Two further questions. How certain are our planners that they'll be able to get the Emergency Declaration the turn after the Revolution/Occupation/War gets going?

Second, how much does our general populace know about what's going on, including, like, this speeding up of the timetable?
Basically guaranteed.

Enough that you are putting heavy emphasis on getting this done, enough that they know shit went wrong, but not enough to have their victory disease be affected negatively.
Uh. Do we even need to spend actions on freighter infiltration?
If you want them without leaving a chance that they may just *kabloom*, yeah.
Alternate suggestion. Would a single Infiltration action be enough to ease the job the Lamenters might have in seizing the Megafreighters, or would that be wasted effort, @HeroCooky ?
It wouldn't be a wasted effort.

Voting will open in 3 hours, 58 minutes
Back