What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 4 hours, 17 minutes
I think we should go big with Psykana and do a song.

Protection, Humanity and Song would make a pretty good shield, especially from Chaos.

Or we could go for Sun, Fire and Song for a pretty potent attack 'spell'.

Protection, Humanity and Song would make a pretty good shield, especially from Chaos.

Getting our Navigator or Astropath equivalents up is more important imo.

Need Humanity (Navigator) or Unity (Astropath) iirc. We have all the other melodies already.

Last edited:
They're all the same time, but we do have a lot of Aries still in commission, and refitting them is apparently easy, and the new ones would be significantly better.
And the Aries fills our Skirmisher role. Which we definitely need. Just gotta swap in two light rotary macrocannons and add a autoloader for them so that the Aries can strip shields to open the way for bomber strikes.

Bro, they'd be fucking dead under the Imperium. "Suffer not the Xenos to live," remember?
Wasn't the Imperium inconsistent on that line with allowing Xenos to live as sanctioned Xenos while usefull (under thread of genocide should they ever stop being more usefull than using human slaves for that purpose)? Or am I misremembering the details of Imperiums fascist attitudes?

(Anyway: Raising our consistent allies to equal tech levels would be strengthening the ally-status and be even more anti Imperium)

Protection, Humanity, Sun, Fire, Song
to have our Choirs buff our human troops both offensively and defensively?

Sanctioned Xenos are basically a poorly understood rules exploit that Rogue Traders and other Peers of the Imperium can exploit which means a Xeno isn't "Kill on Sight" anymore, because they're effectively considered the property of their patron.

Protection, Humanity, Sun, Fire, Song
I don't know, that combination doesn't seem very coherent.

Like, fire and sun don't mix well with protection and humanity. That's why I suggested the combinations that I did.

Just because we can use more than three doesn't mean we should try to cram every melody we know together.

The Home is the last one left

Thanks Cooky

Alright, here's my plan:

[] Plan Spreading the Bonuses
-[X] [Military] Design A New Voidship Class (Destroyer)
-[] [Psykana] Conduct a Melody (The Home)
-[] [Faith] Technology Given Or Earned

One each of the 3 categories that gain a Boost from the 55 Psykana roll. We use the Destroyer Design to refit the Aries, get the last Navigator melody so we can compose that Song next turn, and finally decide whether or not we'll give our alien allies full access to our technology.

I don't know, that combination doesn't seem very coherent.

Like, fire and sun don't mix well with protection and humanity. That's why I suggested the combinations that I did.

Just because we can use more than three doesn't mean we should try to cram every melody we know together.
A song about our troops drawing fire from the sun to protect humanity?
Seems coherent to me.

... Wait, seriously?

(Stares into the void, eyes dilated)

Uh, right.

Ship Designs are two actions now, right? Do we get to at least do the design (And thus, the benefits) with the first? Or do we need to pour 2 full points in there?
Hey, you said "Most Exciting" and "I consider." :V

And Designs are 1 for Destroyer/Frigate and 2 for Light Cruiser.
Wasn't the Imperium inconsistent on that line with allowing Xenos to live as sanctioned Xenos while usefull (under thread of genocide should they ever stop being more usefull than using human slaves for that purpose)? Or am I misremembering the details of Imperiums fascist attitudes?
"Sanctioned Xenos" are purely for Individuals, not entire species. While the 30k Imperium did have some Xenos under it as vassals/tributaries, most/all were wiped out after the Ministorum took over.
(Except for one lizard species that worships Big E so hard the Ministorum just declared them Abhumans. :V)

Hey, you said "Most Exciting" and "I consider." :V

And Designs are 1 for Destroyer/Frigate and 2 for Light Cruiser.

"Sanctioned Xenos" are purely for Individuals, not entire species. While the 30k Imperium did have some Xenos under it as vassals/tributaries, most/all were wiped out after the Ministorum took over.
(Except for one lizard species that worships Big E so hard the Ministorum just declared them Abhumans. :V)

Good to know, definitely feels like a good time to try the Aries refit then. We wouldn't need to do a full action to refit our fleet if the changes aren't extreme, right?

How about conducting a melody of innovation? We don't have to stick to traditional Astropath/Navigator systems if we can come up with something new entirely.

I'm not sure if it's canon, but didn't the Emperor only accept the navigator houses because he had no better alternatives?

How about conducting a melody of innovation? We don't have to stick to traditional Astropath/Navigator systems if we can come up with something new entirely.

I'm not sure if it's canon, but didn't the Emperor only accept the navigator houses because he had no better alternatives?

He also didn't have our paradigm of Psionics. Which is apparently Notably stable and scalable to the point even Inquisitors would sit up and take notice.

"As it so happens, if you don't treat your psychics like subhuman scum who are damned to execution by dint of birth, given only a temporary stay on their sentence in exchange for eternal enslavement, they're a lot less prone to exploding into Daemons!"

Though the other half of that also comes down to "Chaos can't just reach in and meddle with you when you're using Psychic Powers unless you really fuck up" due to that passive interference immunity we have, where you can do everything right and still explode into a rift where a Daemon Prince can just saunter through because the dice decided to hate you today.

Last edited:
Can we sing a song using a melody we would get in the same turn? Like this

[] Plan Warp Travel
-[] [Psykana] Conduct a Melody (The Home)
-[] [Psykana] Sing a Song (Humanity, Song II, Protection, The Sun, The Home, and Fire.)
-[] Third Action (TBD)

He also didn't have our paradigm of Psionics. Which is apparently Notably stable and scalable to the point even Inquisitors would sit up and take notice.
To be fair, he also didn't tell his Psykers to shut up and sit down for 1~2 centuries to learn self-control. :p

And you are using a pool of five Psykers for everything, while the Imperium just chucks singular Psykers at learning and using stuff. :V

Having five people who get regular therapy and have a good social life go "NOPE!" when the slanussy tries to get some is somehow much more effective than an abused 22-year old lesbian whose last "positive" human interaction was getting told "Adequate" four years ago during the "Fail and you Die" trials. :V
Can we sing a song using a melody we would get in the same turn? Like this
No.

Last edited:
To be fair, he also didn't tell his Psykers to shut up and sit down for 1~2 centuries to learn self-control. :p

And you are using a pool of five Psykers for everything, while the Imperium just chucks singular Psykers at learning and using stuff. :V

Having five people who get regular therapy and have a good social life go "NOPE!" when the slanussy tries to get some is somehow much more effective than an abused 22-year old lesbian whose last "positive" human interaction was getting told "Adequate" four -ears ago during the "Fail and you Die" trials. :V
No.

Hah, yeah, that fits.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what shows up here!

Having five people who get regular therapy and have a good social life go "NOPE!" when the slanussy tries to get some is somehow much more effective than an abused 22-year old lesbian whose last "positive" human interaction was getting told "Adequate" four years ago during the "Fail and you Die" trials. :V
That really happened or is it an example 🤔

[] Plan: FAITHHHH
-[] [Faith] Monuments for Martyrs, Graves for the Forgotten
-[] [Faith] Brotherhoods, Sisterhoods, Siblinghoods, And Orders of Faith
-[] [Faith] Technology Given Or Earned

want to see how much stronger our doctrines get with these special bonus we get this turn and espically very curious how much stronger Monuments for Martyrs, Graves for the Forgotten will be

Voting will open in 4 hours, 17 minutes
Back