Oh, it is. See, Single Day and Singles Awareness Day ultimately fulfill different purposes.

On both, you have people trying to meet other people to stop being single.

But, Singles Awareness Day is about sharing your misery or celebrating your romanceless life with other people.

Whereas Single Day (with its huge flux of online shopping activity) is about treating yourself in ways that a lover would. It's about being good to yourself because there's nobody else who will.

At least, that's my take on it.

I know it's generally meant at a joke and praise at how great the quality of the anime is, but it kind of peeved me to hear the whole "Unlimited Budget Works" thing. Ufotable have a lot budget to use, but it's not unlimited. And it doesn't matter even if they have a lot, it's their management skills that matters.

Saying "Unlimited Budget Works" felt as if one's belittling Ufotable's work management skills. Like, god, don't you see how complicated anime productions are? Try watching Shirobako, and then imagine if the team was TEN times bigger. Managing that is probably a giant nightmare for everyone but the most experienced.

Okay, rant over, sorry about that.

Unlimited Budget Works is catchy, and Ufotable made bank with Zero. So that's what I'm using. You can't go to 3 syllables for the center word and still give it a good rhythm.

Last edited:
Well, episode 4 and 5 had some action in them. Episode 6 is only character development, and a bit of exposition on Reinforcement magic.

Also, Shirou's reaction to Saber is cute.
If ufotable doesn't go for the harem end, they are teasing heartless bastards :mad:

Well, episode 4 and 5 had some action in them. Episode 6 is only character development, and a bit of exposition on Reinforcement magic.
I liked it more than that episode where Rin exposited, only to send Shirou on his way to be exposited at by Kirei for a while instead, though. The flow of information felt more natural.

And Archer continues to steal every scene he's in.
Also, Shirou's reaction to Saber is cute.
I really like this Shirou. It's like he's a real person! You get the subtle sense of wrongness now and again, but he's really lifelike.

Okay ufotable, this isn't very subtle. That roadsign is no hint at all.
But I like how they, unlike most other anime, actually show clothing damage.

Creepy Caster is creepy. It's a real shame that she's never seen without her hood.

Edit:
Now as gif

Last edited:
Back