So my local theater is going to be showing the first Heaven's Feel movie as part of a Fathom Event. I am planning on going, but how awkward is it going to be to sit and watch in a room with strangers?

I know about Heaven's Feel, but I've kept myself un-exposed about the movies themselves. On a scale from one to I Won't Be Able To Look Them In The Eye If They Know I'm Here how bad is it?

So my local theater is going to be showing the first Heaven's Feel movie as part of a Fathom Event. I am planning on going, but how awkward is it going to be to sit and watch in a room with strangers?

I know about Heaven's Feel, but I've kept myself un-exposed about the movies themselves. On a scale from one to I Won't Be Able To Look Them In The Eye If They Know I'm Here how bad is it?

Well I saw HF1 in a theater and it wasn't that bad, but HF2 may be a different story as there is a sex scene (Tho there isnt anything shown mind you...)

Culling only occurs when one timeline is distinguished in some way from the general course of the others. It's always a relative thing.

If every timeline approaches the same events or same general context at the same time, no culling can occur.

Still doesn't explain why she revived as a vampire if it was unintentional, though. Or are you saying she'd revive as one regardless of how she died, due to her crazy potential? As, uh, that's definitely unexpected and would overturn my understanding of methods on how one can become a vampire, if so.
If I remember correctly, the entire thing with Ciel and Roa started because Arcueid ripped out Roa-Ciel's heart, which killed her to the point where Roa got reincarnated because she was actually dead-dead and not only mostly dead, but then because Ciel had such ridiculous magical potential and her brain was still intact, her dead corpse regenerated its heart on its own and she came back to life, at which point the World's paradox resolution system started bugging out.

But the point is, people with stupidly high magical potential apparently don't die when they're killed, so, yes, Satsuki probably would come back to life if she died and her corpse was sufficiently intact. She probably wouldn't be a vampire if she was killed some other way, though.

Friendly reminder Magical Energy is literally lifeforce, so someone with stupidly high magical power being really hard to kill makes perfect sense on that front.

But the point is, people with stupidly high magical potential apparently don't die when they're killed, so, yes, Satsuki probably would come back to life if she died and her corpse was sufficiently intact. She probably wouldn't be a vampire if she was killed some other way, though.
Now I'm wondering what kind of magus Satsuki would be if she'd ever got training in the field. Wonder if she has more potential than Ciel? Might be about the same, actually, seeing as they both revived post-death.

Gotta wonder how EMIYA felt about looting Casa Tohsaka

Then again he looted Casa Einzbern and I don't even remember if Archer has positive memories of Illya

Then again in Fate and HF he dies before Illya joins up and in UBW she kicks the bucket before him so yeah

Quick question does anyone know what the abilities of a Demon in fate are and do they use wishcraft or some other system. Also is Wishcraft Fanon or Canon as I haven't found any information about it.

Quick question does anyone know what the abilities of a Demon in fate are and do they use wishcraft or some other system.
We know jack all about demons besides what Angra says about them in Fate/hollow ataraxia and a passage in the Fate/Extra side materials. And Goetia too I guess.

Edit: bits in question
Fate Extra mats said:
True Demon (circumstances) P190

Even in the Extra world, things which fall under the category of demons are treated as the greatest obstacle to mankind's continued existence.

Humans think of God as a being who is all-knowing and all-powerful, but a demon is an existence that cannot be comprehended throughhuman intelligence or knowledge.

The concept of what a demon truly is lay within reach, but it is part of an abyss that is impossible to truly comprehend.

In Fate/stay night, the only demons that appearare fakes; humans could never match up to a true flesh-and-blood incarnated demon.
(There's only one record of a flesh-and-bloodincarnated demon being dispelled, but that's another story).

Demons are normally said to be beings which possess humans and try to make a human body their own, but the mind of any human they posses to make their own is unable to bear the great burden, and so the body and demon end up disintegrating into pieces which spread evil power into the surroundings.

This definition of demon also includes humans who have lost their humanity due to their actions and as a result fall into the same category as demons. However a human who has transformed into a demon is not a True Demon.

In the EXTRA world, in present day 2030, a True Demon has never been successfully born into the world, this includes through demons possessing humans and humans transforming into demons through their actions.

We talk about demons and humans transformed into demons, but really as far as we are concerned demons are no different than beings from a higher dimension that are also from a different planet with a different civilization. No matter where you go in the known universe, they would never be recognized as "people."

The existence of a True Demon is close to that of the evil gods from a certain fictional mythology that was popular in the twentieth century.

In the True End Route of CCC, a certain reincarnated person who is essentially attained True Demon level loses their seat as a god due to a clumsy mistake.
Also is Wishcraft Fanon or Canon as I haven't found any information about it.
As far as I know, Wishcraft is an invention of the English fandom, as a name for the practice by which the Einzberns lay out the preparations for Wish-Granting. The Einzberns happen to have the ability to create homunculi capable of Wish-Granting. I don't recall as to whether or not it's necessarily considered an Attribute.
And the Wish-granting info comes from here:
fate hollow ataraxia said:
Magic energy is only fuel for activating magic and does not demonstrate an effect by itself.

But sometimes it will remain in a form, only in special cases where the magic energy itself has characteristics close to magic.

Like the Einzbern, from what I heard, imparted a personality to a holy grail.

If the personality has magic energy, then it will be born with the magic characteristic of "granting wishes".

Having vital functions linked directly to holy grail functions, it should be able to perform magic-like miracles, simply be releasing magic energy.
(Read 'magic characteristic' as 'attribute', it's just the same word translated differently)

In any case, the name is fanon, but the trait isn't, it's just like the Tohsaka's Conversion and the Matou's Absorption.

Last edited:
We know jack all about demons besides what Angra says about them in Fate/hollow ataraxia and a passage in the Fate/Extra side materials. And Goetia too I guess.

And the Wish-granting info comes from here:

(Read 'magic characteristic' as 'attribute', it's just the same word translated differently)

In any case, the name is fanon, but the trait isn't, it's just like the Tohsaka's Conversion and the Matou's Absorption.

Also any information about Curses in the verse other then the Gundur shot that Rin uses.

Wish granting also only works via the grail.

For Demons define what kinda demons you mean.

If you're not referring to like oni or succubi and ect then you're probably referring to them good old materialized wishes. See Merem Solomon then.

Wish granting also only works via the grail.

For Demons define what kinda demons you mean.

If you're not referring to like oni or succubi and ect then you're probably referring to them good old materialized wishes. See Merem Solomon then.
Pretty much the ones which act on desire/wishes of Humanity but go about them in a way a human would not. Also, thank you.

Moving this out of the Jojo watch thread because this ended up wayyyyy too much of a cry for help than I expected.

Also, criticizing people for watching the UBW anime instead of reading the VN is actually surprisingly legitimate, since the anime cuts out a hell of a lot of really really important things like the vast majority of Shirou's characterization. UFOtable's decision to not include any of Shirou's internal monologues really hurts the story. Video very related. You really are missing out on a hell of a lot of stuff if you just watch the anime and skimp out on the VN.
There's a few things I probably need to expand on regarding Bobduh and FSN. And it's probably gonna all be incoherent, because I'm a dumbass.
First, there's the fact that Bobduh really, REALLY hates fandom mentality, seeing it as a kind of headspace that drowns meaningful criticism beneath a wave of tribalism while enabling and excusing capitalist exploitation, to the point where he's said the anime community's collective decision to excuse Kill La Kill's exploitative practices because they've been draped in the guise of socio-political buzzwords HAS ACTIVELY MADE THE WORLD A WORSE PLACE. And when he sees people talking about how nobody should watch UBW or Fate Zero until they've completed a forty hour plus visual novel, it's pretty obvious how someone with that mentality would treat it.
Second, I honestly don't understand this trend of how people say that light/visual novel adaptations are "ruining the source material" because they don't keep the rambling inner monologues of their protagonists. I may not have read any light novels, but I have read FSN, and I really don't see what any anime adaptation gains by keeping every single goddamn word of Shirou's prose, moralizing, and acknowledgement of minced viscera in the show. It just seems like it would pad out every scene with slow-motion still-frames narrated by an edgelord, and there's more than enough padding in the adaptations as is. Heck, that's half of what Mahouka was, and that show still got the accusation of cutting out too much inner monologue.

Third, the reason Bobduh made the writeup at all is because he made a review on ANN where he both criticized the show's storytelling as "chuuni" and recommended Fate Zero as an alternative show under the guise of "Watch Fate Zero before you watch UBW", and this was his reception. Also stuff like this:
Your ANN review is like a chimp wildly throwing his feces. Leave the advanced discussion of subtext and symbolism to those of us who have done the requisite study to understand Fate/stay night - there are a number of intelligent responses that completely cripple your amateur analysis of Nasu's work.

EDIT:
OH GOD WHY DID I POST THIS I'M GOING TO GET EATEN ALIVE BY EVERYBODY FOR JUST DROPPING ALL THIS UNINFORMED BS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GIANT TYPE MOON THREAD LIKE THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
And when he sees people talking about how nobody should watch UBW or Fate Zero until they've completed a forty hour plus visual novel, it's pretty obvious how someone with that mentality would treat it.
That's perfectly understandable, and I'd agree with it completely if the adaption in question wasn't fundamentally flawed.

Second, I honestly don't understand this trend of how people say that light/visual novel adaptations are "ruining the source material" because they don't keep the rambling inner monologues of their protagonists. I may not have read any light novels, but I have read FSN, and I really don't see what any anime adaptation gains by keeping every single goddamn word of Shirou's prose, moralizing, and acknowledgement of minced viscera in the show. It just seems like it would pad out every scene with slow-motion still-frames narrated by an edgelord, and there's more than enough padding in the adaptations as is. Heck, that's half of what Mahouka was, and that show still got the accusation of cutting out too much inner monologue.
I definitely don't think that every single piece of Shirou's internal monologue should have been included, but UFOtable should have at least replaced it with something. Shirou's thought process is vital to understanding who he is and why he acts as he does. Hell, I'd say that it's actually the entire purpose of the story, with the Holy Grail War merely serving as a vehicle to explore Shirou as a character. It's definitely why Archer exists, at least. Once more, I'll refer to this video:

But since expecting people to watch 20 minute videos is bad form, I'll sum up two of the examples made in it.

One: Archer vs Caster.

In the anime, we get the following dialogue in the middle of the fight against Caster, who outclasses Shirou in every way, while Archer is carrying Shirou while dodging lasers:
"You just let go of me! I can take care of this myself! I don't need your help!"
"Archer! Are you listening to me…!?"
" I see. Then I guess I don't need to hold back."
And then Archer kicks Shirou away, saving his life in the process. There's a bit more dialogue that I've cut out, but it's mostly Shirou screaming at Archer to let him go and it's in the next quote anyway.

In the VN, we get to hear what Shirou is thinking during this:
"Huh?"
I try to shake him off in reflex.
…I can't believe it.
Archer's running while carrying me !?

"Idiot!? You know you're an idiot, and you still call me an idiot!? You idiot!"
"…! Are you a kid or something!? You can't be helped if you're a kid and stupid! At least pick one, you idiot!"

"You just let go of me! I can take care of this myself! I don't need your help!"

Archer should've been able to escape by now if he were by himself.
But the exit is farther now that he came to save me.
He must be an easy target for Caster, as she is above us.

"Archer! Are you listening to me…!?"
" I see. Then I guess I don't need to hold back."
Then.
Archer suddenly calms down and kicks me off of him.

These two scenes result in a completely different impression of Shirou. In one, he seems to be a headstrong idiot who thinks he can solo a fucking Servant. In the other, he's desperately trying to get Archer to abandon him because he can't stand the mere thought of someone else risking themselves for his sake. While I agree that including the whole internal monologue is unnecessary, not including anything to take it's place ends up completely misrepresenting Shirou's character and motivations. People who only watch the anime will see Shirou as a vastly different character to those who read the VN. And it's a pattern that continues throughout the show. UFOtable remove the audiences access to Shirou's thought process and doesn't add anything to replace it with, resulting in the context of a fuckton of events being completely different.

Which brings me to the second example, which I'm going to sum up much faster. In both versions, Shirou goes on a date with Saber and Rin, and they have lots of fun and it's very cute. In the anime, it just seems sort of pointless and unrelated to anything. But, in the VN, the true purpose, showing more of how fucked up Shirou is, is revealed right after it ends:

…It was really fun.
The town I only used to walk by…
I didn't know all the things I didn't involve myself in were so meaningful.

" "
As soon as I think so, something like a cage falls on me, and I understand.
I don't deserve this.
I'm unworthy of all this.
It tells me so from deep down within me.
This isn't in the anime.

Can you understand what the problem is, here? And it's especially important because there's one particular scene in Heaven's Feel (the legendary Nine Bullet Revolver) which loses almost all of the impact it has if Shirou isn't describing the excruciating pain he's putting himself through in great detail. Without his thought process available to the viewer, it'll just look like he's being badass rather than fucking killing himself because he's a suicidal lunatic.

Third, the reason Bobduh made the writeup at all is because he made a review on ANN where he both criticized the show's storytelling as "chuuni" and recommended Fate Zero as an alternative show under the guise of "Watch Fate Zero before you watch UBW", and this was his reception. Also stuff like this:
And that's why I don't use ANN.

Last edited:
Second, I honestly don't understand this trend of how people say that light/visual novel adaptations are "ruining the source material" because they don't keep the rambling inner monologues of their protagonists. I may not have read any light novels, but I have read FSN, and I really don't see what any anime adaptation gains by keeping every single goddamn word of Shirou's prose, moralizing, and acknowledgement of minced viscera in the show. It just seems like it would pad out every scene with slow-motion still-frames narrated by an edgelord, and there's more than enough padding in the adaptations as is
I feel that thinking wishes for more internal dialogue means people wants all the internal narration is a bit of a strawman. Put it where appropriate to make sense of the character's thought process is what I believe most people mean by that.

The characters don't need to always shout out what they are going to do, they can think it too. Like, for example, people missed the "you do not smile" scene despite it being pretty explicit, so maybe Shirou's thoughts about not deserving happiness when shopping with Rin and Saber would have driven the point home.

And it's not just internal thoughts ufotable shouldn't have cut: some scenes like the more detailed EMIYA flashbacks and the planned epilogue would have helped immensely in understanding why the Archer route was bad (instead of making it seem like he killed ISIS as a CG and only the contracting was a bad thing) and why UBW Shirou would never become Archer.

So the complaint about internal dialogue is more to the effect that it is one of the complains about ufo cutting stuff and making the cast in UBW hard to understand at times, not just being faithful to the VN.
Heck, that's half of what Mahouka was, and that show still got the accusation of cutting out too much inner monologue.
Did Mahouka have inner monologues? I remember more clearly the long exposition filled dialogues of talking heads.
Also any information about Curses in the verse other then the Gundur shot that Rin uses.
Curses are studied more in the Middle East than in the Mage Association.

Wait, so @GilliamYaeger thinks they should've kept some and replaced others with something, and that it's Ufotable's fault.
Then @all fictions says that Nasu demanded nothing to be replaced, and also that Shirou should never ever smile or show happiness because of his tragic backstory, and yet still blames Ufotable? Confused face.

Also, let me just be baffled by that. "Shirou should never smile"? That is probably the chuuniest thing I've ever heard, even after playing the source material. I can only imagine Bobduh reading that line and then cringing so hard he'd turn inside-out, especially when he took so much offense to the edginess of the Worthy Opponent trope being displayed by Caster and Assassin in Episode 7.

At any rate, the idea that Shirou hates people endangering themselves for his sake isn't really a revelation to me. In fact, reading that made me think of how he should've already learned to think better of that back when he saw Saber beating Berserker. Hell, that scene was one of my favourites because of how it seemed Shirou was actually respecting Saber's ability to fight her own battles...even though it's soon followed by Shirou having to dive in to save her from Archer's explosion attack. Blurgl blurgl white charger.

Last edited:
Back