Can someone confirm that the Merlin in the Camelot flashback with Bedivere is the same one we meet in Babylonia? I think one of the speech options sort of imply it, but I was under the impression that Singularity individuals are separate existences that get melded or retconned upon resolution. I'm not sure how that works with Merlin in Avalon though.

Can someone confirm that the Merlin in the Camelot flashback with Bedivere is the same one we meet in Babylonia? I think one of the speech options sort of imply it, but I was under the impression that Singularity individuals are separate existences that get melded or retconned upon resolution. I'm not sure how that works with Merlin in Avalon though.

Neither Merlin nor Bedivere were part of the singularity. Merlin is in Avalon, outside of time. Bedivere was from a parallel timeline in which he didn't return Excalibur to the lake, sent to the Singularity by Merlin.

And yes, it's the same Merlin we meet.

Do we know who was the Master of Assassin in the 5th Fuyuki Grail War before Medea summoned False Assassin? By the time Shirou summons Saber all the Master should've been chosen by the grail, right? Or did Medea count as Assassin's due to her manipulation of the ritual?

Do we know who was the Master of Assassin in the 5th Fuyuki Grail War before Medea summoned False Assassin? By the time Shirou summons Saber all the Master should've been chosen by the grail, right? Or did Medea count as Assassin's due to her manipulation of the ritual?
As far as I'm aware there was no Master of Assassin before Medea summoned Fake Assassin, and after that Zouken became the Master of True Assassin.

Do we know who was the Master of Assassin in the 5th Fuyuki Grail War before Medea summoned False Assassin?
She killed him.
Q: Caster summoned Kojirou as an irregular Master, but was there a person who would have summoned Assassin as a regular Master (someone with the sign of the bruise)? Or was that Zouken?
A: Caster found him before he could do the summoning....
Bedivere was from a parallel timeline in which he didn't return Excalibur to the lake, sent to the Singularity by Merlin.
No, the Bedivere in Camelot is the one that made Artoria turn into the Lion King/Goddess Rhongomyniad by not returning Excalibur. What Merlin did was make Excalibur into his silver arm and disguise him as a Servant.

Last edited:
You'd think Medea would rob the command sigils or something but eh
I think she had to trick him into using up all of his Seals first. Not sure if they'd replenish if she then stole them. What was the precedent given Shirou?

Also there's fundamental metaphysics about why a Servant can't be a real Master (can't anchor yourself to something that itself isn't anchored) that would make their usefulness rather limited for her.

Last edited:
I think she had to trick him into using up all of his Seals first. Not sure if they'd replenish if she then stole them. What was the precedent given Shirou?

Also there's fundamental metaphysics about why a Servant can't be a real Master (can't anchor yourself to something that itself isn't anchored) that would make their usefulness rather limited for her.)
Shirou's down to only one when she kerstabbitys Saber in UBW then when she displays the stolen Seals they've refreshed to the full trio.

You'd think Medea would rob the command sigils or something but eh
I suppose she couldn't, given what she did instead.
Q: After Caster summoned Assassin (Sasaki Kojirou), was she branded with Command Seals? I ask because I don't think she ever used a Command Spell on Assassin.
A: She had something similar to a Command Spell. Though, as a fake Master with a fake Servant, it wasn't something as powerful as a true Command Spell. While she may not originally have received any Command Spells, Caster may have skillfully borrowed the power of the Greater Grail to craft herself an imitation.
Q: Was Zouken branded with Command Seals after he summoned True Assassin through Kojirou's body? Or, not being human (and a bunch of worms that infest Sakura), did he not receive them? Also, was this the proper way of summoning the regular Assassin?
A: Even though Assassin's Command Spells were fake, Caster still had them, so additional ones were not created. True Assassin's summoning ritual was most certainly outside the norm.

Last edited:
Back