Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I would argue we need none of those things. We want a new perception art, yes, but there is no need for that to be AM+ and quite a few reasons why it shouldn't.
I meant successor in the sense that we need something that does what it does but better. Note that my vote is for the function on a general level.

AS and AC don't need to replaced because that implies they are currently fulfilling critical roles in our build. AS gives us nothing but passives because we don't use it. Trying to "replace" its techs thus doesn't do much. There is some value in having the ability to spike up our damage when needed ala PC, but there are a lot of options there. That would fall under either stealth or support arts I would say.
We want AS to fall out of our build and to use the meridians for something better, yes? I believe that process is captured with the verb "replace." As in, I would like to replace "lightning jump and melee bonus" with "improved evasion and sneaking." Like I said in my initial post.

Any implication that replacing x implies that x is a critical art is not coming from me.

Yeah, though as I said I am muuuuuch happier with starting unlearned arts in month three than two, because I feel like we could fit it in there since we likely won't have SCS to train until we get Appraisal Bronze because it's funny like that.
I think even month 3 would be too early by a significantly margin. Month 2 gets us to Appraisal Green, and each of EPC, AG, SCS, FVM, FSS, TRF, and PLR have new levels unlocked in Appraisal. I'm not sure which of these require Appraisal Bronze, but just AG, EPC, and FVM would already fill up all of our cultivation actions when combined with Physical + Spiritual cultivation, and we would get Physical unlocked soon enough. At that point we have the REST of these arts to train.

Loss and Cold to further the concepts involved in FVM and FSS, which I actually really like for our future domain. The one concept I really like right now for our domain is "log cabin in a blizzard at night", where our loved ones are warm and protected by anyone else who dares trespass enters an incredibly hostile environment that will confound and consume them.
We have the log cabin (TRF), the blizzard (FSS), at night (FVM); but we're missing the warm.

[X] Music
[X] Stealth
[X] Perceptiveness

I think even month 3 would be too early by a significantly margin. Month 2 gets us to Appraisal Green, and each of EPC, AG, SCS, FVM, FSS, TRF, and PLR have new levels unlocked in Appraisal. I'm not sure which of these require Appraisal Bronze, but just AG, EPC, and FVM would already fill up all of our cultivation actions when combined with Physical + Spiritual cultivation, and we would get Physical unlocked soon enough. At that point we have the REST of these arts to train.
SCS mainly. TRF has never been that fussed with Physical, nor has FVM from what I recall. PLR does as well I think but not as hard as SCS.

And you may be right, but I'm sticking to it for now because having a pre-determined limit is useful for planning.

E: To be clearer I'm pretty sure this level we're working on for SCS is the last one until we get Appraisal Bronze and then that one is the mastering capstone.
Adhoc vote count started by BungieONI on Dec 3, 2018 at 5:12 PM, finished with 143 posts and 84 votes.

Last edited:
I like how baby cousin snek is completely taken aback by the very concept that her super-powered cave hermit cousin has close friends...

Though I think she might be making a slightly wrong assumption about the nature of said friendship... one which Meizhen made herself...

Lol

Xiao Fen Vision:

Bai Meizhan: "Let me introduce you. This is not my girlfriend, Ling Qi."

Ling Qi: "Hello!"

Bai Meizhan: "She will be your contact to the Inner Sect. We'll be passing information between her through use of the Sect Tutoring system to properly coordinate efforts on fucking over Sun Liling's efforts in both the Inner and Outer Sect."

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Seventeen on Dec 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM, finished with 2709 posts and 78 votes.

it's worth pointing out that there's no guarantee Meizhen has given up completely on romance with LQ.
Sure, just like there's no guarantee that the Emperor won't be assassinated tomorrow and spark a civil war or that Cai Shenhua won't suddenly ascend.
If you want to argue that it's likely enough to worry about it's gonna take some doing.

This would really be the perfect time to pick up the Summons key word and really replace AE. We could get something a bit more geared to us on that front, with imagery that doesn't drive half the user base insane.

[X] War
[X] Music
[X] Summons

[X] Darkness
[X] Perception
[X] Stealth

FWIW I don't think this is a good way to go about things, namely because theme (which is petty much what this vote is) is somewhat orthogonal to function, aka what kind of roles do we want our new arts to perform.

This is exacerbated by how there's multiple types of arts we'd like to get in the near and mid term. There should really be a vote to generate the list of art roles we want (e.g stealth, perception, buff, offense) and possibly a vote to prioritize between those.

As-is I fully expect a barely coherent tag cloud the only way something long-term useful is coming out of is by yrs basically keeping in mind all the discussion about arts that happened so far.

Sure, just like there's no guarantee that the Emperor won't be assassinated tomorrow and spark a civil war or that Cai Shenhua won't suddenly ascend.
If you want to argue that it's likely enough to worry about it's gonna take some doing.

I wasn't saying we would have to worry about it, just that her cousin might not be the one misinterpreting what Meizhen is implying about their relationship.

Back