Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
People who are voting Winter, you should probably vote Cold as it's an actual keyword and it'd be bad for the vote to be split.
There's an option to group votes together when tallying (mainly for formatting issues, but in general for the purpose of 'people voted for the same thing but it counted as different votes'), so it's not necessary that we do this, but I agree that it'll be more convenient.

I am still stuck on those Yin wood seeds I am sure we can get a yin wood art.

So
[X] Moon
[X] Wood
[X] Yin

For some reason I keep imagining a small reflective pool (reflecting the moon) atop that spire from her breakthrough dream surrounded by pale white weeping willows.

Last edited:
We probably shouldn't be looking for a Cold/Dark/Music art because we literally already have that art in the form of FSS. We should be looking for a Perception art in general, and then among elements we should be looking for Moon, and then Wind, and then anything else, in order to max our cultivation speed.

[] Ashen
[] Shadow
[] Art

I want to do this, but more practical matters first, and forever onwards it seems.

[X] Archery
[X] Stealth
[X] Cold

Ambush instead of stealth, maybe?

@yrsillar, this is us only looking through the first archive floor, right?

In this case, we probably want to focus on "What arts we'd want at Green 1". To me, this means either a Commander art or a Perception art. so:

[X] Wind
[X] War
[X] Connection

First, we really need to work on War. Second, we keep wanting to use Stealth in pressure situations and don't really have arts to back it up. Third Cold is an element I want to see more of for Ling Qi

[X] War
[X] Stealth
[X] Cold

Oh boy, its that time! Now, I have seen the discussion regarding the archive and this is how it is going to work. Archive actions will allow you to research a particular subject, which will reveal a number of arts for your perusal. Arts generated this way will be placed in an unlearned arts category in the encyclopedia. Now the key thing here is that for arts researched can be slotted into plans for learning at any time, with no further archive AP spent. Once you have done your research it is done, and you can learn the arts as long as you have access.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YE YE YE YE YE!

/Dance

MORE DANCING. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Also No Step on Smol Viper that is Toll. Also also Meizhen is far too clever for us.
darkness around a core of cold fire.
Lightning? Nah, that'd be Heaven. Which would be funny to see on a Bai.

Now the way this vote is going to be structured is somewhat experimental. Each person may vote for three keywords, which can be elements, weapons, or miscellaneous things like Unity, or Loss. I will then take the top 5 or 6 most popular and generate arts from that, interspersed with more general research into art construction to give the following update some narrative backbone as I go through the rest of the turns cultivation. There may depending on some factors, be a chance to vote on a secondary research topic. The first month is already pretty long and there's still one miniarc left though, so I'm uncertain.
Aglglglgelgelfg yyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*flops over*

I am so happy with this update, I cannot even describe the squee I am hosting.

[X] Wind
[X] Perceptiveness
[X] Music

I am disappointed @Erebeal not going for music in your perception art! :V

E: Thanks @ChronOblivion for using my keyword list.

Last edited:
Back