[X] Plan Random
-[X][Personal] Spouse: Spend some time with Skye.
-[X][Diplomacy] Write-in: Establish Food Trade Agreement With Li Warrans*
-[X][Martial] Research Military Technology (Improvements to the Turtle Ship or speeding up their construction)
-[X][Stewardship] Farm Subsides (25 Lien)
-[X][Stewardship] Upgrade [Flooded Fields (78 Lien), Ravenswood Port (49 Lien), Castle Town I (112 Lien), Dust Excavation Site I (72 Lien)]
-[X][Intrigue] Write in: Search for Grimm Source in Yeqerta Citizens
-[X][Intrigue] Double Down
-[X][Learning] Research Cultural Technology (Legalism)
-[X] Free: Support Cilmi's Expedition (1 Turtle Ship, 10 Zouaves and 30 Spear-Riflers from our retinue)
-[X][Chancellor] Keep at Hand
-[X][Marshal] Oversee Military Production
-[X][Steward] Oversee Upgrading
-[X][Spymaster] Keep at Hand
-[X][Head Deacon] Order Sullivan to take a Sabbatical
-[X][Huntsman Superior] Patrol Lands
-[X][Royal Physician] Find a Way to Awaken Skye

@Raiu I'm not exactly sure why the Li Warran food trade agreement was under Stewardship and not under Diplomacy so.... I wrote it in as a Diplomacy action?

Last edited:
-[X][Intrigue] Write in: Search for Grimm Source in Yeqerta Citizens
Oh, you cheeky bugger. I'll allow it, but expect different results.

I'm not exactly sure why the Li Warran food trade agreement was under Stewardship and not under Diplomacy so.... I wrote it in as a Diplomacy action?
Hmm, good point. I'll fix that later.

Alright, we have a good amount of votes going on, but our current winning plan is incomplete, so the vote is going to stay open.

To help out veekie, here's a few things which can be given, but not the quantities which would be great.
  • More Dust (Purified or Not)
  • More Lien
  • Donating food to the expedition
  • Donating Lien per turn to Maskax over the course of the expedition.
  • Sending Fale and his as of yet unknown apprentice
  • Sending members of your retinue (specify they're from your retinue)
  • Sending volunteers from your levy (Diplomacy check to see how many people you can get, since they're just armed peasants.)
  • Sending one or both of your Tortoise ships (remember, they are military ships)
  • Sending members of your court (Marshal, Steward, Spymaster, Head Deacon)
  • Sending Ebon (WHY?)
  • Among others.
Technology would have been a good choice if they had been offered earlier (regardless to the fact this is the first turn you were able to offer it), Cilmi is looking for things which don't require him to delay the expedition simply because his sailors need better guns.

Last edited:
Hmm, we do have three Huntsmen, so it's not like we can't miss our most junior one. I take it their Aura Exhaustion will be fixed by then?

Henry's Aura Exhaustion will either be fixed or be reduced to Aura Fatigue at worst, while Razz's Shattered Aura will reform into Aura Exhaustion. Fale, however, is completely fine.

As a side note, Razz hasn't reforged her Yellow Dust Coils, mostly due to a lack of supply. This, quite frankly, might be an improvement. After all, she is actually intellable now.

Henry's Aura Exhaustion will either be fixed or be reduced to Aura Fatigue at worst, while Razz's Shattered Aura will reform into Aura Exhaustion. Fale, however, is completely fine.

As a side note, Razz hasn't reforged her Yellow Dust Coils, mostly due to a lack of supply. This, quite frankly, might be an improvement. After all, she is actually intellable now.
Good to know. So how long until you plan to close the vote? I'd like to have an idea how much time I have to think this over.

EDIT: Also, anyone has an opinion on sending our Marshal on the expedition? I'm mostly thinking about it as a way to get rid of him, since he's getting dangerously zealous.

EDIT 2: Actually, let me write up a plan for that.

[] Plan Random v2
-[][Personal] Spouse: Spend some time with Skye.
-[][Diplomacy] Write-in: Establish Food Trade Agreement With Li Warrans*
-[][Martial] Search for a new Marshal
-[][Stewardship] Farm Subsides (25 Lien)
-[][Stewardship] Upgrade [Flooded Fields (78 Lien), Ravenswood Port (49 Lien), Castle Town I (112 Lien), Dust Excavation Site I (72 Lien)]
-[][Intrigue] Write in: Search for Grimm Source in Yeqerta Citizens
-[][Intrigue] Double Down
-[][Learning] Research Cultural Technology (Legalism)
-[] Free: Support Cilmi's Expedition (1 Turtle Ship, 10 Zouaves and 30 Spear-Riflers from our retinue, Fale and his apprentice and your (former) Marshal Ser Reinhardt)
-[][Chancellor] Keep at Hand
-[][Marshal] Oversee Military Production (assuming we still benefit from his action this turn)
-[][Steward] Oversee Upgrading
-[][Spymaster] Keep at Hand
-[][Head Deacon] Order Sullivan to take a Sabbatical
-[][Huntsman Superior] Concentrate on recovering their Aura
-[][Royal Physician] Find a Way to Awaken Skye

Last edited:
Actually, let's go with this.

[X] Plan Random v2
-[][Personal] Spouse: Spend some time with Skye.
-[][Diplomacy] Write-in: Establish Food Trade Agreement With Li Warrans
-[][Martial] Write-in: Search for a new Marshal to replace Ser Reinhardt
-[][Stewardship] Farm Subsides (25 Lien)
-[][Stewardship] Upgrade [Flooded Fields (78 Lien), Ravenswood Port (49 Lien), Castle Town I (112 Lien), Dust Excavation Site I (72 Lien)]
-[][Intrigue] Write in: Search for Grimm Source in Yeqerta Citizens
-[][Intrigue] Double Down
-[][Learning] Pray (Specifically pray for Skye's successful recovery)
-[] Free: Support Cilmi's Expedition (1 Turtle Ship, 10 Zouaves and 30 Spear-Riflers from our retinue, Fale and his apprentice and your (former) Marshal Ser Reinhardt)
-[][Chancellor] Keep at Hand
-[][Marshal] Oversee Military Production
-[][Steward] Oversee Upgrading
-[][Spymaster] Keep at Hand
-[][Head Deacon] Order Sullivan to take a Sabbatical
-[][Huntsman Superior] Train Huntsmen
-[][Royal Physician] Find a Way to Awaken Skye

Last edited:
Oh, you cheeky bugger. I'll allow it, but expect different results.
Oh naturally. But investigating with Intrigue seems an obvious course of action(was a little weird to investigate with Diplomacy IMO)
To help out veekie, here's a few things which can be given, but not the quantities which would be great.
  • More Dust (Purified or Not)
  • More Lien
  • Donating food to the expedition
  • Donating Lien per turn to Maskax over the course of the expedition.
  • Sending Fale and his as of yet unknown apprentice
  • Sending members of your retinue (specify they're from your retinue)
  • Sending volunteers from your levy (Diplomacy check to see how many people you can get, since they're just armed peasants.)
  • Sending one or both of your Tortoise ships (remember, they are military ships)
  • Sending members of your court (Marshal, Steward, Spymaster, Head Deacon)
  • Sending Ebon (WHY?)
  • Among others.
Hmm, not much we could spare, but the ship or court member might be helpful

And now we have a lot of voters jumping ship, so it's time to announce the time limit.

This vote will end in 24 hours from the time of this posting.
Also, when I say I small omake fodder, I meant it. I won't be writing what happens during the expedition until we find out who Fale Offendale's apprentice is, so let the fighting begin! Also, the Menagerie Cuisine Challenge is still up, and we have a literal world of references. (I pulled from Africa, Oceania, Polynesia and a pinch of North America in my own writing.) If you're struggling to come up with an idea, or fearful that CWR is going to one up you, then I can help you out a bit there. Why not try to recreate a dish you quite like using lessened ingredients (a tiny bit of research there, and wondering "What if there was a shortage of this particular ingredient" helps build worlds) or follow the typical food writing trope of nominally writing about a dish but it's really a character assassination of a chef, or perhaps even an omake about "The Oldest Restaurant in Kuo Kuwama". There's a lot you can do with this.

The After The End setting is a sandbox, and I can claim no more ownership over it than any of you, since I stole the setting from RedRumSprinkles. So, go nuts.​

Oh, I do have one question. I'm assuming everyone's trying to keep it rather hush hush that you're trying to replace Reinhardt. Am I correct in doing so?

Yes or no?

Oh, I do have one question. I'm assuming everyone's trying to keep it rather hush hush that you're trying to replace Reinhardt. Am I correct in doing so?

Yes or no?

I'd say yes. The guy's pretty unstable, it's probably best to keep it on the down low so he doesn't snap and do something stupid/dangerous.

And the rolls are done, and their outcomes. I'll give a preview of four of the rolls.

Search for Grimm Source in Yeqerta Citizens 54 + 22 + 8 + 20 = 104 Something Truly Horrifying Found.
it hurts. help us. please. we're so lonely. please, just stay a while. it hurts.
[Marshal] Oversee Military Production (assuming we still benefit from his action this turn) 10 + 14 = 34 Failure. Levy does slow to adopt new weaponry. ???? Reroll. 100 (CRIT) + 97 + 14 = 211 AN: What the Kevin?
Yep, Reinhardt managed to crit on his new reroll. This is both a good and bad thing.
[Steward] Oversee Upgrading Amity Roll Modifier: Over Worked -10, Amity Effective Stewardship +4
Four separate construction projects would strain even the greatest Steward, and
[Royal Physician] Find a Way to Awaken Skye 90 + 17 = 107 ????

Last edited:
Well, provided Amity doesn't whack us for pushing her buttons I'd say this turn's been alright from the look of things.

Back