[x] Plan: Housing for all

@Jreengus I think we can just send the slayers with either our throngs going north or to the Trollshaws *west, since they are only three they can't really accomplish much but add them to one of the other expeditions and they might be able to do something of note to rid themselves of their shame. I'm leaning toward trolls.
I've added your slayers suggestion to my vote, just an FYI my plan doesn't include any of the stuff below where I explain my reasoning so if you want to vote for Grazur/Urtain/Slayers/The Stall, you need to include those as well as the plan in your vote.

@Jreengus any chance to change the wording in Range Out From the Valley to include watching the river near the skin changers. it might be nothing but l think it will be them that are attacked next

[X] Grazur: Woodland realm
[x] Yes - Urtain.
Them trolls are up to something, best to find out what.

[x] Grand Stall: 1 Warsmith Services 4 Ale 8 Dawi Grain 5 Vegetables 5 Fruit 2 Wood

[x] Slayers: Go into the North to try to save more Eotheod by killing orcs or go to the western forest to kill trolls

Last edited:
The Woodland Realm and the Grey Havens are in opposite directions. You can't go to both on Grazur's expedition.

@cageorks I think you're right because it looks like in canon next 60 years or so Sauron is hiding in the southern western tip of Mirkwood at Dol Guldur. His influence is reaching up through the forest and pushing the wood elves north of the old forest road. He's also sending raids against Gondor and Arnor and stirring up forces to attack future Rohan.

@cageorks I did the same on copy pasting and updated my vote to Lorien and the woodland realm.

Last edited:
great chapter as always, I really wonder what Elrond thinks of the whole preceding and the general Noldor view. From a Dawi view point it's been settled (though not forgotten.)

For our decisions, I am aprehensive towards the expedition, I believe we can wait for now and try and reach out to local "good" forces to see about designing a path to a potential base and mine.

We still need to talk to or Kinglet about visiting Imlradis, Which I support if only for a little bit.

Visiting the Grey Hallows and spreading news of the safe High Pass is IMO the correct move, especially as Ciridan is a mover and shaker for the Elves.

Slayers should be initially sent East, to clear the lands of Urki and Grobi, for our future Umgi king. If not there then North to seek a doom

@cageorks I think you're right because it looks like in canon next 60 years or so Sauron is hiding in the southern western tip of Mirkwood at Dol Guldur. His influence is reaching up through the forest and pushing the wood elves north of the old forest road. He's also sending raids against Gondor and Arnor and stirring up forces to attack future Rohan.

@cageorks I did the same on copy pasting and updated my vote to Lorien and the woodland realm.
yea the best bit about my guess was the dam hobbit movies just that 1 scene in the hut. no spoilers about it but if you watch the movies should be easy to pick out the idea

hahahahyea easy mistake

That's impossible with that plan, there are no free Warsmith dice.

changed to services and not dice my bad and you can use the services but take a -5 penaly on the highest warsmith dice

[X] Plan: Housing for all

[X] Grazur: Grey Havens

[X] Underground, to hunt the Thing in the Depths
[X] Go into the East

[X] Yes - Urtain.

[x] Grand Stall: 1 Warsmith (500) Die 4 Ale (80) 5 Dawi Grain (5) 5 Fruit (5) 5 Veg (5) 1 Coal (5)

I apologize @Jreengus , I know I worded it as such, but perhaps rather than search the whole Blue Mountains, the expedition instead follows the maps to the old Dwarf holds?

The Blue Mountains are still a damn mountain range after all.

Edit: And now I'm getting post idea jitters. Reassure me or otherwise, you think it's still a good idea?

Last edited:
@Pancake33 that interactive map is great! it really helped me to get a better sense of where things were around us. Interactive Map of Middle-Earth - LotrProject

Warning before clicking that these seem to be pretty large.

1st one shows Rivendell, Gundabad, Framsburg, and Erebor - landscape

This one shows a zoomed in portrait mode with Rivendell, Framsburg, Lorien, and Dol Guldur.

[X] Underground, to hunt the Thing in the Depths
[X] Yes - Urtain.

@Pancake33 that interactive map is great! it really helped me to get a better sense of where things were around us. Interactive Map of Middle-Earth - LotrProject

Warning before clicking that these seem to be pretty large.

1st one shows Rivendell, Gundabad, Framsburg, and Erebor - landscape

This one shows a zoomed in portrait mode with Rivendell, Framsburg, Lorien, and Dol Guldur.
Absolutely, it's a great resource, I believe the creators are trying to add a way to filter things by age as well which is super cool.

It also helps to create a sense of scale.

I love these kind of community projects, really great. It's the same reason I really like quests like these. A bunch of people nerding out about their favorite fandoms and collaborating it's amazing! And alot of very talented people can show of their skills!

Last edited:
[X] Go into the East
[X] Yes - Urtain.
[X] Grand Stall: 1 Warsmith services 4 Ale 8 Dawi Grain 5 Vegetables 5 Fruit 2 Wood

Last edited:

Gunpowder isn't all that great, don't get me wrong, guns and cannons and satchel charges great.
The extra mining income great.

But dawi engineering does wonders with wood and stone, we should get some grudge throwers on the walls.
It's good enough to crush any armour you can't pierce with quarrels. And it's a great force projection, the more enemys moving in formation, the more casualty's they will suffer. The heavier the armour, the slower they will move, the more volleys of rock will crush down on them.

Ballista are a dawi tradtion in the engineers guild, literally competing to one up each other in improving range and accuracy. We have wood, we have stone, and it's not in urk infested land's far from our throng's force projection.

Just seems short sighted to chase a goal we can work towards, when we have the perfect force projection here.
Besides, the foundry needed for cannons, the alloy, and the skill is more complicated then Ballista & Catapults.

Remember, stick's and stones will break bones, and grudges inscribed on stones will definitely hurt you.

Back