"Hey, councilor, can we by chance borrow a boat?"

"Why?"

*Gurgling screams of fury in the background*

"Oh, no reason. We might want the cleanup squads to look at it afterwards, though."
*Councilor Bungie looks askance at the Naval-Tech guys currently simpering in the corner*

"No, sadly not."

"Oh, bugger."

*More hideous screams of tentacular fury*

"However, I have something better." *hands over Sunfire*

"Burn it in holy thermal shock! Muahahahahahahah!"

Question; with the multi-use boosters, are you looking for a literal successor (i.e. multi-use rocket thrusters), or more of a spiritual successor (which could have different forms and limitations but provide a similar effect multiple times)?

Question; with the multi-use boosters, are you looking for a literal successor (i.e. multi-use rocket thrusters), or more of a spiritual successor (which could have different forms and limitations but provide a similar effect multiple times)?
Spiritual successor, I think. A new, multi-use Charge/Mobility augment designed with all the technological advancements we've figured out to this point.

Yeah, spiritual successor certainly sounds good to me. I mean, if we wanted a literal multi-use SFT, we should've specified "multi-use SFT," so since the wording was "successor to SFT" then we should get something else (hopefully better, but I'm willing to accept "different role, with its own strengths and weaknesses" instead).

Spiritual successor is fine with me. Since the SFTs are already going to have issues with being located in the same areas as our propulsion systems for flight later on, it makes sense to shift to a system located elsewhere.

Spiritual successor is fine, and more interesting.

Progress is going well. I've just got the Redmond search and all the Joint Research to do. Once more, I'd like to ask for specifics-- namely, what are you hoping to find at Redmond (so I have a direction to start on)? After that, it shouldn't be too long before I'm done with this.

Progress is going well. I've just got the Redmond search and all the Joint Research to do. Once more, I'd like to ask for specifics-- namely, what are you hoping to find at Redmond (so I have a direction to start on)? After that, it shouldn't be too long before I'm done with this.
I would like Resources and data on ships I think. I'm honestly blanking on what @Nixeu wanted to find there, but whatever it was I'm cool with that.

Computers, databases, anything interesting that was backed up on a server, in, for example, in the Microsoft offices, that sort of thing. We've got the main campus of one biggest tech companies in the world basically on our doorstep, and I'm hoping we can pick up some improvements for our own systems. Maybe even some stuff for AI development. If there's anything we can scrap for Resources, that should be done as well.

...Oh, and any and all games and/or game consoles from either Nintendo or Microsoft's offices. I mean, come on, why wouldn't we take those? :V

Edit: Seriously, though, Microsoft IRL runs the Cloud Storage for the government, including the intelligence community, I.E. the CIA, and probably the NSA. They may, or may not, have wiped their stuff before they abandoned the place. We could find all sorts of interesting things on those servers.

Last edited:
Since I'm really not as experienced in coming up with stuff regarding real-world cities and companies and such in here, would-- for example-- something like a large amount of salvage and a few Research Tokens be an acceptable haul? That way, you guys can quantify it, and aren't as locked into one or two options, while I don't have to worry about making mistakes. That sound fair?

Since I'm really not as experienced in coming up with stuff regarding real-world cities and companies and such in here, would-- for example-- something like a large amount of salvage and a few Research Tokens be an acceptable haul? That way, you guys can quantify it, and aren't as locked into one or two options, while I don't have to worry about making mistakes. That sound fair?
I'm cool with that!

Works for me. Research tokens makes sense for recovering research data, after all.

Back