Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

The projection here is just astounding.
"Ameteur psychology" :V

If you're so tired of the conversation you can always, y'know, walk away like you claimed you were going to.

The projection here is just astounding. Why should I respond to someone as hilariously brittle and dishonest as you?
Ah, so the reason you can't counter-reply is my weakness, not your own. I see! The only hilarious thing I see is your flailing attempts to cry out "you didn't win!" as you flee back to whatever corner you call your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not the one who jumped straight into the insults, that was you. All I did was make a joke about the direction of the franchise. You're the one who jumped down my throat, not the other way around. Though the speed at which you're posting, I can see why you'd get confused. :smile:

Violation of Rule 4: "Don't be disruptive" - this has been a bizarre series of personal attacks that has gone on in this thread long enough
Hey, any chance I get to post that gif is good enough for me. :D

"Dunking?" What have you done other than call me names and make some weaksauce "it makes money therefore it's good" blather?
Actually, I also mentioned back in the other page that the new run was also critically acclaimed and very much approved of by large sections of the fan base. I'll understand if it was hard for you to read through your angry vision as you rushed to counter me with gifs to substitute your weaker writing skill.

That's a very interesting considering how every bozo was acting like the supposed poor performance of TLJ was some sort of proof of the populist will of Star Wars fans rejecting it. But argumentum ad populum only works one was I guess.

If you're trying to call me a hypocrite, just come out and do it. Doesn't matter to me what "every bozo" thinks, I've never made that argument so I don't really care whether it's inconsistent when people use it.

Actually, I also mentioned back in the other page that the new run was also critically acclaimed and very much approved of by large sections of the fan base. I'll understand if it was hard for you to read through your angry vision as you rushed to counter me with gifs to substitute your weaker writing skill.

Actually, smartass, I already pointed out that just because something makes money doesn't make it good, but I understand that it's more convenient for you to ignore that and continue ranting, so whatever. I get it; we all need to blow off steam sometime.

So random thought.

People keep thinking of the main line Star Wars movies as contained trilogies. I don't think they are as I belive Disney wants something open ended out of them like the MCU.

TLJ isn't Empire, it's Ironman 2.

So random thought.

People keep thinking of the main line Star Wars movies as contained trilogies. I don't think they are as I belive Disney wants something open ended out of them like the MCU.

TLJ isn't Empire, it's Ironman 2.

There's no evidence for this to be the case (no one at Disney has intimated this is what they wanted*) and substantial evidence against it, namely:

- David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are producing films for Lucasfilm in a "specific time period" of the Star Wars galaxy; and
- Rian Johnson is working on his own trilogy that will (early reports indicate, anyway) that will expressly not be a "Skywalker trilogy".

There's no suggestion that the story of Rey, Ben, Finn etc is going to continue on-and-off for like 20 movies in some sort of MCU type arrangement.

*They did want a Star Wars movie every year, but the disappointment of Solo has (rightly) made them course correct on that idea. Star Wars isn't the MCU.

I think he means that TLJ ought to have reworked things so that the New Republic and it's military was still a thing, making the conflict more evenly matched and noticeably different from the OT's.

No one who didn't follow the EU has ever had a single thought about the New Republic or its military before watching TFA, in which case it being promptly disposed of wouldn't have mattered to them at all because its of no significance to the plot (apart from the fact of its elimination). I get the preoccupation because its hard to let go of these defunct concepts from a defunct continuity when its something the fandom has been immersed in for decades, but it has no inherent story-telling value whatsoever. The only argument for it is "oh, it'd be different from the OT" but frankly I don't find that especially persuasive.

Like, what, there'd be more extras and ships flying around on the good side? Ok? So? What does that add to the core conflict and drama in which our heroes and villains are going through?

Heck, I find "I want to see New Republic fleets and have big battles" to be a more coherent reason for clinging to the concept of the New Republic, even if it has no story-telling value whatsoever and is just - frankly - pure spaceship indulgence for us geeks that was never gonna happen anyway.

Last edited:
There's no evidence for this to be the case (no one at Disney has intimated this is what they wanted*) and substantial evidence against it, namely:

- David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are producing films for Lucasfilm in a "specific time period" of the Star Wars galaxy; and
- Rian Johnson is working on his own trilogy that will (early reports indicate, anyway) that will expressly not be a "Skywalker trilogy".

There's no suggestion that the story of Rey, Ben, Finn etc is going to continue on-and-off for like 20 movies in some sort of MCU type arrangement.

*They did want a Star Wars movie every year, but the disappointment of Solo has (rightly) made them course correct on that idea. Star Wars isn't the MCU.
Which is something of a disappointment to me in the sense that I wanted to see Star Wars movies with absurdly high episode numbers. Too many films are afraid of having numbers higher than three next to their name, outside of slasher flicks and final fantasy games.

Well I meant before he sold it to Disney. Say what you will about the old EU, but it let any writer experiment with the Star Wars galaxy, use it as their own personal sandbox. This resulted in a disjointed mess when you tried to make it all canon, but separate short series or novels not necessarily linked to each other would be a great boon for the franchise.

Well I meant before he sold it to Disney. Say what you will about the old EU, but it let any writer experiment with the Star Wars galaxy, use it as their own personal sandbox. This resulted in a disjointed mess when you tried to make it all canon, but separate short series or novels not necessarily linked to each other would be a great boon for the franchise.

Eh, it wasn't that bad, it held together pretty well in broad strokes, les so when you got granular, but then what does.

To your second point I don't really know what they would be about, Luke's failed academy may be interesting, or maybe an "I Snoke" type thing, maybe the collapse of the new republic?

Seems like they would all pretty much be downers though.

Back