Very hopeful that we won't get a doormat when it comes to the two girls. Can't stand that in Manga, Anime or Fanfiction.

Oooh yeah. And we got either Bitchy ones or Sue ones instead :ogles::whistle::evil:.

Jk pls no kill me
Alright, so I wanna point out something. That 7-1 ratio of girls to note when I was younger? That's true. I'm going to make this girls fully fleshed 3d character or die trying. I refuse to lessen any of my characters intentionally or otherwise.
If you ever feel like some dialog or action is out of place and either overly sexist or strange please tell me. Because I'm basing my characters off people I know, even if only vaguely, and I Don't want to ruin the ideas that these characters are people.

The way this chapter lays out is weird, but it's how I act around girls. I offer some input, but if it's gossip I Don't care for I listen with only have a ear. It's why their conversation isn't really there.

TL,DR I'll try and keep the girls and their interactions as real as I can.

I'm still not sure about paying with cards. Does he seal money in a deck of cards in advance and knows a lot of merchants well enough to use them as currency?

I'm still not sure about paying with cards. Does he seal money in a deck of cards in advance and knows a lot of merchants well enough to use them as currency?
In a very academical sense, money is only useful because everyone agree it has value.

Certainly, that patron and SI agree said card had value. It could be tangentially related to story, it might not....

Now my head hurts.

In a very academical sense, money is only useful because everyone agree it has value.

Certainly, that patron and SI agree said card had value. It could be tangentially related to story, it might not....

Now my head hurts.

It could be a few things.

1. The cards are markers or IOUs that can be traded for later favours.
2. The cards are inherently valuable because of the seals and the amount of chakara in them.
3. The cards have storage seals containing a predetermined amount of money.

It could be a few things.

1. The cards are markers or IOUs that can be traded for later favours.
2. The cards are inherently valuable because of the seals and the amount of chakara in them.
3. The cards have storage seals containing a predetermined amount of money.
Aaaaand you answer your own question. :p

There's storage seals on the cards, so I'm guessing a predetermined amount of money.

I really loved this chapter! I've started imagining him as a smart version of Kiba. Or what Sasuke would have become if his clan wasn't wiped out. As for the card trading... I just wish you changed how long they had known each other. I have a bit of trouble they built up this kind of relationship after just a year. I suppose the protagonist is outgoing enough to pull it off semi-naturally as a genin.

I wonder who we will meet that dreams of being Hokage. Naruto certainly wasn't the first with that desire since the Fourth died.

Not.... really? Kazuki knows because he helped out toru when he was planning out this deck, that's it. It was essentially one long afternoon where toru sat in the corner working on card research and eating tempura, and kazuki had a slow day. Kazuki helped him by suggesting the amounts in each card. As such, at the moment, kazuki is one of three people who know the rates for the cards. The other two are a merchant named kuo, who is a family friend running a shinobi clothing store, and kensuke, who runs a forge.

As for the money rates... each color has a different base value. Blacks are 50 ryo at the mythical '1' card. 2=100 who, 3=150, and so on. Faces are J=1000, Q=2000, K=3000,A=4000. Reds start at a base of 100, and as such are generally twice the value.

Kazuki accept the cards as both monetary value, or as favor tokens. He has money, it's not that important to him. But he does use the tokens for calling in favors. He's has toru deliver messages, run minor errands, and look into things for the cards in return, and both have a silent agreement to use the cards as tokens. It's also useful if there's someone nearby who didn't know, you can bluff them.
I really loved this chapter! I've started imagining him as a smart version of Kiba. Or what Sasuke would have become if his clan wasn't wiped out. As for the card trading... I just wish you changed how long they had known each other. I have a bit of trouble they built up this kind of relationship after just a year. I suppose the protagonist is outgoing enough to pull it off semi-naturally as a genin.

I wonder who we will meet that dreams of being Hokage. Naruto certainly wasn't the first with that desire since the Fourth died.
yeah, I wasn't originally planning on making kazuki a thing... but he was not going to be denied.

And as for hokage canidates... well, there is one girl who seriously has that ambition...
"They played us like a damn shamisen!"

...It's shopping vouchers, isn't it.
What! never.... not at all... kazuki being married means nothing! Some of those cards definitely do not have some very nice jewelry in just her size....
Well there's a flag for the Ido Monster mission if ever depending on the timeline and Toru's sealing skill. Also It's strange that I kept thinking of Kazuki as Kaz Miller from Metal Gear, and he gives out info too!
The Ido mission does porentially appear if i have a high genjutsu spec...

As for the card trading... I just wish you changed how long they had known each other. I have a bit of trouble they built up this kind of relationship after just a year. I suppose the protagonist is outgoing enough to pull it off semi-naturally as a genin.
Look again. He says that Kazuki is a friend of the family. Toru has known him for a longer time. It's just that he has only been using his information service for a year.

Very hopeful that we won't get a doormat when it comes to the two girls. Can't stand that in Manga, Anime or Fanfiction.

Eh, I don't mind it too much if the guy lets the girl get away with a lot, or even if he allows her to take the lead when she wants. As long as they are willing to listen up and listen good when it really counts. However, there is a fine line between that and being a complete doormat, which is something that I, like you, don't want to see.

Please enlighten this uncultured swine, 'Doormat'?
Someone that can be 'walked all over,' like a doormat. Typically refers to a character or person who never offers opinions of their own or if they do never argues or disagrees if the MC decides something different and just always goes along with it. Just a terrible and boring character, basically

Not.... really? Kazuki knows because he helped out toru when he was planning out this deck, that's it. It was essentially one long afternoon where toru sat in the corner working on card research and eating tempura, and kazuki had a slow day. Kazuki helped him by suggesting the amounts in each card. As such, at the moment, kazuki is one of three people who know the rates for the cards. The other two are a merchant named kuo, who is a family friend running a shinobi clothing store, and kensuke, who runs a forge.

As for the money rates... each color has a different base value. Blacks are 50 ryo at the mythical '1' card. 2=100 who, 3=150, and so on. Faces are J=1000, Q=2000, K=3000,A=4000. Reds start at a base of 100, and as such are generally twice the value.

Kazuki accept the cards as both monetary value, or as favor tokens. He has money, it's not that important to him. But he does use the tokens for calling in favors. He's has toru deliver messages, run minor errands, and look into things for the cards in return, and both have a silent agreement to use the cards as tokens. It's also useful if there's someone nearby who didn't know, you can bluff them.
Could you include that in the story at some point, for people who come later and only read it in Reader?

Back