This last bit is just begging for misunderstandings.
"This is just weird. Why is the pedo van dropping off a girl instead of taking one away?"
She even gives out the bestest Free Candy.

The bestest candy's not free anymore. -- No, I can't afford to do that: inflation preys upon us all.

Speaking of bestest candy;
If Tay's power affects/'healps' her cooking/baking - is the comparative penalty from not providing the retirement cake the an underpinned reason that security turned on her so quickly?

Last edited:
"Don't worry, that won't happen!" the girl chirped, seemingly pleased as they both walked to the white-panelled van that she used when she made house calls.

Glad to see more from you, I've been spoiled by your past update speed to the point I wonder if your dead. :p

Driving a 12 year old girl around in a white panel van... I can't help it... when is 'free candy' going to be painted on the side, or will Dinah paint 'free rock albums' on the side instead?

Having a chuckle of JDF dropping an S and turning back into an active armed force. Well, we all know what people say about a good defense

Also, can someone explain to me if these events are different from canon and if so, where the butterflies occurred? I'm a little lost.

It seems things are running a little early. In canon, the Unification War ended in 2070 when an Arasaka carrier group showed up to break the NUSA's siege of Night City at Lucius Rhyne's request (then Councilman, Mayor by time of game). The NUSA didn't want to fight Arasaka on top of the Free States, so they signed a peace treaty that allowed Night City to remain independent.

However, it's 2068 in this story, and the carrier group is already well on its way to NC (it does not take two years for a carrier group to cross the Pacific. Even real life carriers are shockingly fast). Probably because Taylor's presence, public profile, and family connections allowed Rhyne to use her as a covert communications back channel that would not have otherwise been available to him.

As for the cruise missile strike, I can't be sure. My guess is that it's petty retaliation by the NUSA after failing to stop Arasaka's arrival. They must've realized that Arasaka is en route due to an invitation. It's also possible that President Myers ordered the NUSA forces in NC to do something in addition to the missile strikes, but their commander (Hansen), can see the writing on the wall and simply disobeyed.

However, it's 2068 in this story, and the carrier group is already well on its way to NC (it does not take two years for a carrier group to cross the Pacific. Even real life carriers are shockingly fast). Probably because Taylor's presence, public profile, and family connections allowed Rhyne to use her as a covert communications back channel that would not have otherwise been available to him.

As for the cruise missile strike, I can't be sure. My guess is that it's petty retaliation by the NUSA after failing to stop Arasaka's arrival. They must've realized that Arasaka is en route due to an invitation. It's also possible that President Myers ordered the NUSA forces in NC to do something in addition to the missile strikes, but their commander (Hansen), can see the writing on the wall and simply disobeyed.
Part of it is also the war commencing earlier than canon too. Taylor's algae triggered it, I believe due to costal rights and NUSA fighting the Free States over that.

The NUSA or Meyers thinks the AI/Cynosure in Night City was behind the Algae, this is all about approaching and trying to apply some human control on this mad god that has found it's way into the world of humans

Taylor designed in a kill-switch in case her precautions proved insufficient and it grew out of control. The kill-switch was on a timer, though, because if it was left in someone else could eventually figure out how to trigger it and it could be used as a weapon of economic warfare. The algae deployment went fine so she never triggered the kill switch and it expired as expected.
Also Taylor displayed a frankly suspicious level of insight in a very short amount of time.

So Dinah & Taylor plot to get Defiant a Good 8 hours of sleep? You VILLIANS! Even Dragon could not get that to happen!

Taylor is just a Puppet Master. Not! NUSA Rouges just sit tight, Defying the President and the Soon to be Mayor knows who Butters his bread.

Will the British show up? As in Taylor extending a branch? Can Taylor make a Tea blend that is a Joy to drink?

I wonder if Panpan is free or did she go the canon route. Mark likely got his depression fixed and if Panpan is still free, I think she may have gotten a 'fix' so she doesn't feel like the ugly duckling.

Panpan: *looks at her body in the mirror* I think you went a bit overboard, I look like a red-headed bomb shell.

Taylor: *shrug* I've had a lot of free time recently, I've been kicked out of the house.

GG: What!

Taylor: Yeah, dad started dating again and after the first time, no way am I walking into the house, only to find dad and his date making their way to the bedroom. That is just too awkward. So I've kicked myself out of the house.

GG: Oh...

Pff, Gloria really does need to learn that the warning shot goes in a person alright. That muzzle punch to the throat possibly wasn't even fatal! </Night City morals>

Loved the update, thanks for the yummy words. Am I seeing hints that the political officer in the NUSA forces got disposed of? That combined with an arriving carrier group probably kicked that little bit of infrastructure denial off.

She had to sell him on the other cosmetic aspects, such as fixing his male patterned baldness and removing a few wrinkles and crow-feet.

In other words, he was a man who had almost entirely discarded his civilian identity. Being Eidolon was his life.

I think the main reason he was here was because he was hopeful she could help him with The Problem That Cannot Be Mentioned.
First person survived the editing here.

on caped provided to her boss
'capes'?

Good to see this active again! And, we hear from three out of four Cyber-Taylors, AND the Bet-Taylor.

I do like how Bet-Taylor is doing the non-Tinker-tech medical bits...

So, Cauldron is being... managed, Coil is de-based, Dinah's re-branding as Cyber Nurse, Travellers are de-fanged (and likely de-Simurgh'd), Colin is Defiant, Dragon may be embodied (or teledildonic-ing...), Danny has a girlfriend, and Emily has probably been Taylor'd. Pretty good sweep...

Othala is a nice touch... I wonder just how... concerned Kaiser is...

---

white-panelled van that she used when she made house calls
This last bit is just begging for misunderstandings.
[puzzled look]
I thought White Van Man was the way aliens got around, so it's just a FTL-capable disguised alien star-ship? Why can't Taylor have acquired one of those?
[disguised grin]

Also Taylor displayed a frankly suspicious level of insight in a very short amount of time.

TBF the Algae has been around for a while, and was clearly manmade:

People like to theory-craft.

Especially over something as revolutionary/dangerous as this. What steps would they do to limit its inherent risks, what can they learn from its creators insights etc.

I have a question here, how long the mc have swap into cyberpunk world now ? And how old is David currently ?
That's an interesting question.

The story started August 2062 in Night City and it is February 2068 now, so that is about 5.5 years objective time. Subjectively, she has been running on a minimum of 3X time since approximately November/Deember 2062. Then she got additional bodies after she left Night City for the first time, so the "subjective time" she has been in Night City if you asked her could probably be 20-25 years.

David is 9 years old, and was advanced a grade and is in 5th grade in a Corpo school.

The time rate between Night City and Earth Bet doesn't run at a standard rate. If you did the math before, the last time they contacted each other in a dream, then it would have been about 6 times faster in Night City's favour. I haven't done the math on what the difference is now because the time ratio moves at the rate that the narrative demands it, but it will always be faster in the NC universe.

Last edited:
Back