Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
What makes you think OP Noa wouldn't be a legal drama? 🕵️

It wouldn't necessarily be "not a legal drama," but it would be, to some extent, about her powers, which I couldn't care less about.

The first three options are "What if Noa was an attorney in (some other setting)?" The fourth is about the outcome of a legal case. And then the fifth is "What if Noa had more powerful powers?"

I think it's reasonable to expect that the fifth is, just maybe, going to be less centered on courtroom cases and legal shenanigans than the four that are explicitly about her work as an attorney.

The thing about HeroAca is that it's set in Japan, and the laws regarding Quirk usage probably aren't in place in the same way in America.

Which might make for an interesting story/alternate look at the setting...

Last edited:
I think it's reasonable to expect that the fifth is, just maybe, going to be less centered on courtroom cases and legal shenanigans than the four that are explicitly about her work as an attorney.
Or it could be about Xavier going "You could do so much good with your powers!"
Noa "I'm doing a lot of good with my legal talents. Arguably, I'm doing more for Mutant rights than you are."

I'm voting for better powers, because I imagine Noa herself wouldn't change. I'm interested in seeing a story about a Noa who has skills in legalese but has powers that other institutions might covet, or powers that she otherwise has to deal with more than she has to deal with a 'glamor' power.

Currently, having a power mostly makes mutants trust her, and make it so the bigots are always against her. There are some secondary consequences - better hearing, etc. - but she barely takes advantage of her mutant abilities. I'm interested in a story that has other negative consequences from her powers. Maybe her super-strength means someone wants to take advantage of her powers, or it means the judge tries to bias people against her by deliberately trying to make her angry/have her break something. Maybe her ability to turn invisible is used against her in a smear campaign or by some prosecutor claiming she got evidence through 'illegal' means.

Last edited:
The even more surprising thing is that one of the options is CONSISTENTLY EDGING OUT WORM.
Worm is definately the low hanging fruit, but between the themes of canon, and the years of WoG basically indicating that nothing could ever be done to make the setting any better, it feels like there is way more room for interesting cases and situations in any of the other options.

I chose the St. John one, because the civil rights implications could be interesting.

I chose the St. John one, because the civil rights implications could be interesting.
See, I imagine that for that one, the judge actually does pull the "So what?" response to the jury, and tosses out the verdict. If things were chaotic canonically, imagine how much worse that would get!

Which is a part of why I voted for it.

Totally voted for Worm just for the possibility of Our Hero verbally bitch slapping Carol Dallon, because fuck Carol Dallon. She's a bad person and deserves to be taken down ALL the pegs.

An edit has been made to the strawpoll because it seems the original was just Not Working.

EDIT 2 -- there's a different option

edit: or somebody provide an alternative...

The one that was apparently in this post before you edited it [i clicked it from a reply] was showing 100% of 80-ish votes for Hero Academia, which seems statistically unlikely, but I can't disprove it because it was my vote.

Or it could be about Xavier going "You could do so much good with your powers!"
Noa "I'm doing a lot of good with my legal talents. Arguably, I'm doing more for Mutant rights than you are."
I just love the idea of the Omega-level mutant going, "I'mma be the best goddamn lawyer EVER." And then Charles Xavier trying to be all like, "But dress up in spandex and have fiiiiiiiiiiiights!!!!!!"

I know it's also got its dark bits, but its setting seems much less inclined to screwing over anyone trying to make things better For Reasons the way Worm does.
MHA is literally "expressing your Individuality in public is a crime unless your are a government-sanctioned celebrity".
edit:
and yes, Individuality is the original version, the English translators changed it to Quirk presumably to make it sound less horrible to have them be illegal.

Last edited:
I voted for Star Wars, largely on the basis that I've seen a lot of MHA & Worm stories where having a decent lawyer /advocate (or even Carol Dallon) involved has stirred things up in a an interesting way, and I've not seen many good stories involving a lawyer/ legal case in Star Wars recently.

While it's largely focused on the chaos resulting from an out-of-context problem named Harry Potter, the author of The Havoc Side of the Force was making good use of a Bothan Lawyer as a side character. (before it went dormant back in 2019)

Eh, Peter's been generic low-level non-specified religious with hints spread out all over the place confusing the issue throughout his entire comic run.

Including Satanist, since he sold his soul to the devil to become a man-child again.

So I don't know why anyone would honestly care.

Really showing the world that the stereotype of tech-inept lawyers is just that, a stereotype. XD

Take your like and go.

That reminds me of a HOPE talk, I went to years ago, where a lawyer was talking about how knowing a scripting language was incredibly helpful and being able to grep a bunch of files to quickly search for information gave him a huge leg up on everyone else in his office.

Based on a bit of freelance work I did for a law firm, shortly after high school, learning something like sql can also be quite helpful for managing lots of information, especially if the other side decides to be annoying with how the files they give you are organized (like cramming so many files into a single folder that you can't reasonably open it in explorer).

Based on a bit of freelance work I did for a law firm, shortly after high school, learning something like sql can also be quite helpful for managing lots of information, especially if the other side decides to be annoying with how the files they give you are organized (like cramming so many files into a single folder that you can't reasonably open it in explorer).
This assumes that the IT technician hired by your law firm will ever allow the lawyers to ever be able to change anything to the firm's IT system without at least two or three failsafes.

If he's a smart IT technician hired by a law firm, he has idiot-proofed that shit like no tomorrow. We will find a way to accidentally break the IT system otherwise. Any IT system. :V

Last edited:
This assumes that the IT technician hired by your law firm will ever allow the lawyers to ever be able to change anything to the firm's IT system without at least two or three failsafes.

If he's a smart IT technician hired by a law firm, he has idiot-proofed that shit like no tomorrow. We will find a way to accidentally break the IT system otherwise. Any IT system. :V

I wasn't even talking about changing things at that level. Just being able to write a script that can go through a collection of documents, in a folder, and turn it into something more manageable.

… when I was doing clinic work in law school I broke the billing software.

And the e-discovery software.

I will not be taking questions at this time.

Back