At the very moment Taylor performed this piece of power shenanigans, in the main Marvel Universe, Cain Marko, who isn't as intelligent and doesn't have the control, feels jealousy for no obvious reason.

Except he did have that sort of control at one point. But only briefly. He was literally picking people and things up and throwing them around using just his invulnerability aura in Juggernaut's 2nd appearance. After that issue, he never got shown being able to control his aura like that again. And considering Juggernaut has I think done the "handclap to create a directional shockwave" bit before, he probably manipulates the aura like that without realizing it.

As opposed to the Hulk who does such impossibilities via pure muscle control. Somehow. The sort of muscle control that's let Hulk flex his abs in mid air while falling backwards, which literally reversed the direction of said fall, let him fall "up" to the top of the cliff he'd been knocked off, and then land back on his feet.

Except he did have that sort of control at one point. But only briefly. He was literally picking people and things up and throwing them around using just his invulnerability aura in Juggernaut's 2nd appearance. After that issue, he never got shown being able to control his aura like that again. And considering Juggernaut has I think done the "handclap to create a directional shockwave" bit before, he probably manipulates the aura like that without realizing it.

As opposed to the Hulk who does such impossibilities via pure muscle control. Somehow. The sort of muscle control that's let Hulk flex his abs in mid air while falling backwards, which literally reversed the direction of said fall, let him fall "up" to the top of the cliff he'd been knocked off, and then land back on his feet.

I guess I missed that issue. I've never seen Marko being able to shape his force field in any comic I've read. So I have the head canon he can't.
Hulk? After I read him holding a BLACK HOLE open with sheer muscle power, I just threw up my hands at the shenanigans.

It was early in X-Men, specifically in Juggernaut's 2nd appearance. My theory is that he was given the additional control over the aura as a reward for how much chaos and destruction Cain had caused in his first appearance. Only for the control to be taken away due to Marko causing significantly less destruction when he had control over the aura.

Note, this was the same issue which had Cyclops catch someone and gently set them down using his optic blast. Also it had Cyclops using his optic blast to turn a door knob and open the door towards Cyke. Two things Cyclops was never again shown to be able to do.

I find it amusing that Taylor had previously been musing that Skidmark was the biggest threat to her. Only for him to instead prove that Skidmark is the biggest threat to himself.

I was told the superalloy steel frame was about as much as the van.

I do hope that's because it's rated for her having a nightmare and thrashing around. I'm a big guy... like, I should weigh around 240 and I'm well above that. A regularalloy steel bed-frame rated for a full ton, plus a high quality mattress rated for 500lbs per side, is is under $2000. Not really any more expensive than a similar-quality bed from Tempurpedic or somewhere.

Other than that, loved the chapter as always. Especially the casually chewing concrete; nothing quite says "You're fucked" like casual disrespect for structural materials.

Why am I now imagining that Skidmark is making pinball machine sounds as he's bouncing?

Because I'm sure someone's going to post an edited version with those extra sound-effects put in on PHO in a matter of hours?

Last edited:
Expecting it to all go to hell meant that nothing would happen, right? Yeah, that was the Plan. Unfortunately, that's all it was, a PLAN. And what do plans do everyone?

Calvert: "That is too hilarious, I must see it in real life"
Calvert doesn't know that his simulations aren't real life. As far as he is aware, he experiences two timelines, collapses to one, then splits again. What really happens, but is only known by us and the Shards, is that instead he precogs two paths, selects one when he "turns off" his power, then his mind is basically shut off while he is puppeted/mastered through his actions in the selected timeline.

Calvert doesn't know that his simulations aren't real life. As far as he is aware, he experiences two timelines, collapses to one, then splits again. What really happens, but is only known by us and the Shards, is that instead he precogs two paths, selects one when he "turns off" his power, then his mind is basically shut off while he is puppeted/mastered through his actions in the selected timeline.
That is the canon version of his power, yes.
However, since we have Juggernaut, that sets the stage for absurd comic powers. Some of those are much weirder - and more powerful - than actually making two potential timelines and choosing one while discarding the other. Until Kryslin says otherwise, I'd say it is an option.

When I saw the Goofy yell post, I couldn't stop laughing, because I was hearing it with the Doppler effect of him rocketing toward the Rig ...

Random question.... Why is it called "shipping" when things are sent over land via trucks, but "car-go" when they travel via air or sea?

Last edited:
Random question.... Why is it called "shipping" when things are sent over land via trucks, but "car-go" when they travel via air or sea?
cargo is talking about the things being transported and shipping is talking about how they're being transported
"Shipping" in this sense actually applies to all three since it was originally by sea (literally by ship) but we're linguistically lazy and just use the one term for moving bulk goods (aka cargo) from one place to another. Also the very word "Cargo" predates the Internal Combustion Engine by several centuries.

"Shipping" in this sense actually applies to all three since it was originally by sea (literally by ship) but we're linguistically lazy and just use the one term for moving bulk goods (aka cargo) from one place to another. Also the very word "Cargo" predates the Internal Combustion Engine by several centuries.

the Germans do it even worse. They use fahren for flying, sailing and driving

part of the reason we use shipping to cover the movement of goods is that we've been doing that by water longer than pretty much any other way to move mass amounts of cargo

Calvert: "That is too hilarious, I must see it in real life"
Knowing Calvert, he's going to just 'for luck" be recording outside the Rig.....

It helps immensely his plans and it is hilarious as fuck. NOBODY will respect Skidmark after doing the infamous "Willey E. Coyote" Maneuver and send his own sorry arse headfirst to the PRT,and have it seen by millions in the Bet version of YouTube.

Last edited:
That is the canon version of his power, yes.
However, since we have Juggernaut, that sets the stage for absurd comic powers. Some of those are much weirder - and more powerful - than actually making two potential timelines and choosing one while discarding the other. Until Kryslin says otherwise, I'd say it is an option.
Well here's how the author described it:
He did a quick simulation of what would happen if Skidmark attacked the group, or if he didn't. The results were surprising. "Squad Delta, reinforce Squad Charlie. Command out."
It seems that Calvert may be a bit more savvy about his power here than in canon.

Back