The villains honestly have a pretty decent plan here. Especially as travel time is an issue for our heroes... well, unless Gil whips out his airship anyway.

We've already seen how much of a bitch the Winter is, Romulus is going to be forced into doing the full Grand thing when Daji advents, and Lev is fucking off to a distant volcano that has a not small amount of conceptual weight in and of itself.

And the most direct threat is the "distraction" that they can't ignore either anyway. Granted Romulus and Amaterasu will probably drop kick her, but the latter might not be able to bring her full weight to bear, or any at all. Vichi might be a fragment of an avatar of Amaterasu, and she's kind of twisted into a pretzel to become something like Su Daji, but that avatar of her turned into one of the Three Great Beasts of Japan for a reason*.

*As far as I know Tail #1's recollection of events is heavily weighted by... how to put it... by her nature? Tail #1 remembers genuine love and joy, but if you asked Vichi she would likely remember it as twisting the entire court and the Emperor around her finger maliciously. We don't know a lot about the other tails, but I remember from somewhere that her full nine-tailed form is supposed to be straight up Evil and on par with a Beast to some degree (which avatar of a Divine Spirit, so that makes sense. But also Avatar of a Divine Spirit ends up Evil is not a good sign).

Also I can't help but like Manaka. Crazy bugfuck yandere that's a complete Maiden in Love. I kind of almost want to see her win, but I'm not sure what Matthew would think about her love. That... hmm... Huh, are the mirrors of each other? Matthew may not have a single obsession like she does, but his love is also returned.

I can see him letting go of them when the time (might) comes, but I can also picture him if he didn't. And its actually very similar to what she is now. Very similar.

Edit: I mean, I've pointed it before, but her and Morgan are also mirrors because they're trying to do the same thing essentially, Morgan's "just" aping off of the bad guy's plan and making herself look like one of the good guy's by doing so.

Last edited:
"Well now, what have we here?" BB shimmered into vision. "Oh, don't mind me, I've just been… trying not to impinge on our host's 'hospitality'. And getting those ravens in place for my part."

"The Hooey and Moomin, right?"

BB gave me a despairing look. "Huginn and Muninn. Their names are Huginn and Muginn and I have no idea how that much of the Allfather survived Ragnarok. Though those titles might just kill them anyway." She placed her face in her hands, but I still saw her mouth 'Hooey and Moomin'.

BB is Troll that is starving. Poor Girl is becoming almost pityful.

"Anyways, time to get this to wifey along with Hoohah and Moocow-"

"Now you're doing it on purpose!" BB snarled.

Ophelia gave a slight shrug. "You get used to it."

this implies that BB will spend enough time with Matty to get used to him.
I approve.

"Honestly, considering what we've seen of you, I'm surprised you're not joining in." Cu scratched the back of his head.

"I'm the meta, irreverent one! There can only be one!" BB dramatically pointed a finger skywards, eyes blazing pink.

Energy recovered, ready for round 2?

BB's jaw dropped as she staggered back, and a look of terror crossed her face.

nope. Still defeated.

"...you're a monster." BB grit her teeth, trembling ever so slightly.

Hallo Pot, this is Kettle, have you met?

"He is an ally! I swear to you on my own name-!" Nero added.

"Now! We shall take the fight to the oppressors!" Spartacus boomed from no less than three mouths.

Ritsuka stiffened at the sound of someone sipping liquid. He turned his gaze to the side.

Gilgamesh tilted the chalice, wine flowing past his lips. He lowered the cup with a sigh. Noticing Ritsuka's attention, he narrowed his eyes. "I will not contend with this sober."

...Ritsuka did not have it in him to argue.

"HOLY SHIT! ARE WE GONNA LAUNCH HIM AT THE CAPITAL!?" Nobunaga shrieked, Lord El-Melloi II grinding his palms into his eyes next to her.

Ritsuka did not have it in him to argue at all.

Be strong Ritsuka, overcome the Crazy, tame it, master it and become a legendary badass that can out-crazy them!

It is now the next day! I am no longer exhausted! Time to stick my grubby little fingers into some other points of the chapter...

"I will go to the dividing point. That time when the World broke in two and Alaya was born - when the Red Shadow came into being. I will take it, and with it all forms of True Magic. Then I will gain power over the Quantum Time Lock and sundered timelines, administrate it, and forge a timeline for my dear Saber where I rule as his queen in an eternal Camelot."
So, the Red Shadow is what kills people who find the path to the Root- in other words, the Counter Force. Manaka plans to seize it along with the five Magics. Making an enemy of the collective will of Humanity when Humanity is what you're trying to save... Hm... That will likely bite either Manaka or Chaldea in the ass sometime in the future. 'Sundered timelines' - Lostbelts? What? If it means what I think it does, then that's something to look forward to. Or dread.
"Begin. Data Analyzed, Divine Origin Found. Divinity Data Access, Compile. Accessing Medical Protocols. Spirit Surgery, Accepted. Requesting Authorization: ID_Hakuno_Kishinami_Regalia. Sub-Authorization: ID_Morgan_of_Avalon. Authorization Approved." BB's hair flowed upwards, waving like water in the starlight cast by Brynhildr's spear. Her eyes glowed a violent pink as she held her hands out toward Brynhildr, a thin black rod crossing her palms. "Opening Packet 'Skyfather'. Connection Established. Save. Compile. Altering Password. New Passwords Accepted. 'Gungnir Romantia' Accepted. 'Gungnir Komedia' Accepted. New Definitions - Processing. Analyzed. True Name Modifications Acknowledged. True Name 'Gungnir Leifthrasir' Acknowledged. True Name 'Brynhildr Odinsdottir' Acknowledged."

Odinsdottir means Odin's daughter, so I'm guessing that this Saint Graph conceptualizes Brynhildr as the daughter of Odin. Gungnir Leifthrasir seems to be the Gungnirified version of Valkyrie's NP, so does that mean we get to see Ortlinde, Hildr and Thrud? I hope it does. I really hope it does.

Somewhat random note: I'm not so base as to ask for spoilers, but having seen

"What plan is that?" Goetia asked.

"What do you know of the Spider in the Valley?"

He stared. "I would… hesitate to engage it. Why?"
I liked the mysterious intro to the aforementioned being. It gives gravitas, power, in the mystery. As opposed to being overly casual when introducing TYPE-Mercury as a topic of discussion. And that's good. Gravitas and weight in description and presence is a very good thing in general and especially in Fate fanfics.

It is now the next day! I am no longer exhausted! Time to stick my grubby little fingers into some other points of the chapter...

So, the Red Shadow is what kills people who find the path to the Root- in other words, the Counter Force. Manaka plans to seize it along with the five Magics. Making an enemy of the collective will of Humanity when Humanity is what you're trying to save... Hm... That will likely bite either Manaka or Chaldea in the ass sometime in the future. 'Sundered timelines' - Lostbelts? What? If it means what I think it does, then that's something to look forward to. Or dread.

Odinsdottir means Odin's daughter, so I'm guessing that this Saint Graph conceptualizes Brynhildr as the daughter of Odin. Gungnir Leifthrasir seems to be the Gungnirified version of Valkyrie's NP, so does that mean we get to see Ortlinde, Hildr and Thrud? I hope it does. I really hope it does.

So for the first part, Manaka is going to grab all the toys so the World doesn't try to Get Her for making her own Camelot, with blackjack and Saber. And keep it from getting canned as a Lostbelt/Pruned History.

Well, she'll try. I'm not in the habit of writing tragedies.

For the latter, I'll make a Super!Bryn character sheet when I'm not drowning at work. Hakunon's will follow the next chapter I write, for those who are worried.

So, the Red Shadow is what kills people who find the path to the Root- in other words, the Counter Force.
It pops in Witch of the Holy Night, but who knows if its the CF or its something else.

Minor reminder that Sakura was able to manifest in a similar way, so its up in the air if its the CF or not.

'Sundered timelines' - Lostbelts? What?
Basically Nasuverse is anchored to a "Tree of Time" think of it as the Yggdrassil of the setting, its giantic and each "timeline" rests upon a branch, The World observes these branches and whenever one of those branches is a place where human progress has effectively halted, The World cuts it out of the tree.

The World has one desire, and that is to ensure mankind eventually leaves it for the stars, to that end Utopias or Dystopias are not allowed.

Russia/Yaga is a place where Ivan the Terrible rules yet it has no humans, all it has are the Yaga, creations of Ivan's mages by fusing beasts and humans together to birth a new race, one that could endure the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the new world that's encased perpetually in winter.

LB2 is similar, humans live on a "precarious" balance between life and death, the love of the Goddesses Skadi has halted human progress, for she loves humans and giants, thus her love made her build a new system, one where humans over a certain age are "fed" to the giants, leaving the children to eventually procreate.

LB3 is ruled by The Founder of China, the First Emperor who became immortal via alien tech, people are little more than uneducated drones, working the fields and living simple yet empty lives. Anything "new" or that The Emperor deems "Confuscianism" is destroyed.

LB4 iirc is India, under the rule of our favorite Emo Boy, Arjuna, who made the place an actual to honest Utopia (until a certain asshole came in and ruined things, for everybody).

LB5 is Greece, where the Greek Gods still rule, but in this rule man has grown dependent on the gods for everything, and thus, no progress has been done and people are still stuck in Greek culture era.

Basically Nasuverse is anchored to a "Tree of Time" think of it as the Yggdrassil of the setting, its giantic and each "timeline" rests upon a branch, The World observes these branches and whenever one of those branches is a place where human progress has effectively halted, The World cuts it out of the tree.

Or where humanity has diverged significantly from the "trunk", in such a way as while the branch itself is healthy, it gets large enough to the point where it could break off the "tree", with disastrous consequences.

LB2 is similar, humans live on a "precarious" balance between life and death, the love of the Goddesses Skadi has halted human progress, for she loves humans and giants, thus her love made her build a new system, one where humans over a certain age are "fed" to the giants, leaving the children to eventually procreate.

Skadi would love nothing more than for her humans to grow to the point where she doesn't need to shelter them anymore. Sadly, she's not strong enough to wipe out the giants, and the more humans advance, the weaker Mystery becomes, weakening Skadi's mass produced Valkyries and her hold over the giants until she loses control of them - at which point they annihilate the humans, who won't have advanced enough to be able to face them and win. If even one other god had survived Ragnarok, things might have been different, but...

The World has one desire, and that is to ensure mankind eventually leaves it for the stars, to that end Utopias or Dystopias are not allowed.

Russia/Yaga is a place where Ivan the Terrible rules yet it has no humans, all it has are the Yaga, creations of Ivan's mages by fusing beasts and humans together to birth a new race, one that could endure the harsh and unforgiving conditions of the new world that's encased perpetually in winter.

LB3 is ruled by The Founder of China, the First Emperor who became immortal via alien tech, people are little more than uneducated drones, working the fields and living simple yet empty lives. Anything "new" or that The Emperor deems "Confuscianism" is destroyed.

LB4 iirc is India, under the rule of our favorite Emo Boy, Arjuna, who made the place an actual to honest Utopia (until a certain asshole came in and ruined things, for everybody).

LB5 is Greece, where the Greek Gods still rule, but in this rule man has grown dependent on the gods for everything, and thus, no progress has been done and people are still stuck in Greek culture era.

...I'm very aware. I was asking if Blink was going to include these Lostbelts.

In Russia, a meteor hit the world and only Russia was equipped to survive the new Ice Age at the time. Ivan had to turn them into furries for them to survive, though.

In Scandinavia, Ragnarok spanned the entire world instead of just ending the Norse Age of Gods. The goddess Skadi was the only survivor, who had to reduce humans to basically livestock to keep the species alive.

In China and India, you didn't miss anything.

In Greece, the Greeks gods managed to survive Sefar's assault with their full power and knowledge by way of Zeus absorbing them, accelerating Humanity's growth until they literally could not progress anymore.

Check the wiki. The Red Shadow being the CF is confirmed.

Brynhildr Odinsdottir Character Sheet
Name: Brynhildr Odinsdottir
Class: Lancer
Alias: Sigrdrífa, Queen of the Valkyries
Alignment: Neutral Good
Basis: Norse Mythology
Origin: Heaven

Brynhildr reforged after her breaking at the claws of Su Daji.

Barely surviving her crushing defeat, she was spirited away by Baba Yaga alongside her shattered spear. She convalesced in the hut for several days until Ophelia's team of Servants arrived. Her beloved Sigurd worked alongside the Prince of Avalon to repair her weapon, and provide the catalyst for her rebirth. The last remaining scraps of the Allfather's power, his familiars Huginn and Muninn, were fused into her body by the Rebel AI known as BB.

Bearing the last drops of Odin's Authority, Brynhildr has attained a new level of power, regained her lost Divinity, and escaped the curse of death and madness bound in her weapon. Wielding the spear now known as Gungnir Lifthrasir - 'Swaying One, Lover of Life' - she stands alongside her beloved and Chaldea to strike down those who would incinerate human history.

Parameters:

STR: B++
END: A+
AGI: A
MAN: B
LUK: B
NP: A++

Skills:

Magic Resistance (B)

Riding (A)

Divinity (B)

Mana Burst(Storm) (A): Changing from the flames that imprisoned her to gusts of wind and bolts of lightning, this Mana Burst reflects Brynhildr's inheritance of Odin's Authorities.

Primordial Rune (--)

Hero's Assistant (C++)

Queen of Valkyries (A): An Authority to command other Valkyries as their leader, and direct them in combat. Used in conjunction with her Noble Phantasm, Gungnir Komedia.

Noble Phantasms:

Gungnir Komedia (Queen's Call of Sisterhood) (C~A): A summoning-type Noble Phantasm that brings forth three of Brynhildr's sisters: Ortlinde, Hildr, and Thrud. Each has the power of a minor Servant, and together pose a considerable threat. By using the reforged spear, she is able to resonate with their own and call them to battle. The mana cost for combat is prohibitive, easily on par with great powers such as Achilles' chariot. However, in a noncombat situation they can be called as helpers for a greatly reduced cost - though Brynhildr cannot assume direct control with her skill 'Queen of the Valkyries' in such a situation. An Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm.

Gungnir Romantia (Enfolded By Valkyries' Wings) (A++): A variant of Brynhildr Romantia where instead of scaling off of Brynhildr's love of her target, the weapon grows in power, weight, and size based on her love for those she is defending. Were it used against one such as Manaka Sajyou while protecting her dear Sigurd and any friends she made along the way, she could surely deal great harm. An Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Gungnir Lifthrasir (Celebration of New Life) (A+++): The true name release of the reforged spear. It is a symbol of the impossible reunion of Sigurd and Brynhildr, and so its full power can only awaken when brought to bear when they wield it together. Like the couple of Lif and Lifthrasir, the two warriors join forces to use the spear to strike an unerring blow that cannot be avoided, blocked, or dodged. A thrown attack that can sunder all but the greatest of defenses, and leaves utter ruin in its wake. An Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm.

Last edited:
What would happen if they were already present in the field? Would it give them more power or just reduce the cost?

It would allow her to use Queen of the Valkyries on them.

As an aside, I totally picked the name Lifthrasir because I'm a Norse Mythology buff, and not because I am a huge nerd that loves Vanillaware's classic Odin Sphere. Totally.

Alias: Sigrdrífa, Brunhild, Queen of the Valkyries

Hold it. Brunhild is explicitly a separate individual from Brynhildr, just as Sigurd and Siegfried are different people. (Eg.: Siegfried actually met Altera when they were both alive, but Sigurd never did.)

Queen of Valkyries (A): An Authority to command other Valkyries as their leader, and direct them in combat. Used in conjunction with her Noble Phantasm, Gungnir Komedia.

Noble Phantasms:

Gungnir Komedia (Queen's Call of Sisterhood) (C~A): A summoning-type Noble Phantasm that brings forth three of Brynhildr's sisters: Ortlinde, Hildr, and Thrud. Each has the power of a minor Servant, and together pose a considerable threat. By using the reforged spear, she is able to resonate with their own and call them to battle. The mana cost for combat is prohibitive, easily on par with great powers such as Achilles' chariot. However, in a noncombat situation they can be called as helpers for a greatly reduced cost - though Brynhildr cannot assume direct control with her skill 'Queen of the Valkyries' in such a situation. An Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm.

Naturally, this Skill and NP give error messages if Brynhildr mistakenly targets Altera instead of a Valkyrie.

Now, since Servants are only spiritual copies of the true Heroic Spirits, how will these modifications to the Servant Brynhildr resonate with the Heroic Spirit Brynhildr still in the Throne? And what manner of upgrades will BB be able to give Passionlip using this new data regarding one of her component Divinities?

Considering how Lostbelt stuff is showing up, along with the general (and rampant) escalation on every side of this war; I have to wonder if Ortenaus is going to be showing up.

After all it's been established that Flauros and co have the ability to damage/cripple Saint Graphs. And Ritsuka has been fairly effectively using Mash to defend various high value targets on the battlefield (particulary with the Command Seal letting her go just about anywhere). So Goetia's people take a pot-shot at Mash, damage her Saint Graph and after the (10 to 1 Command Seal enhanced) Roaring Rampage of Revenge by Matthew, the various magic and science Servants put their heads together using Ortenaus as a proverbial splint/cast to help keep Mash on her feet+healing.

Hold it. Brunhild is explicitly a separate individual from Brynhildr, just as Sigurd and Siegfried are different people. (Eg.: Siegfried actually met Altera when they were both alive, but Sigurd never did.)

Naturally, this Skill and NP give error messages if Brynhildr mistakenly targets Altera instead of a Valkyrie.

Now, since Servants are only spiritual copies of the true Heroic Spirits, how will these modifications to the Servant Brynhildr resonate with the Heroic Spirit Brynhildr still in the Throne? And what manner of upgrades will BB be able to give Passionlip using this new data regarding one of her component Divinities?

Ah, right. I went with the wiki and didn't think about it. Edited that one out.

If I had to make a firm decision on it, I would say that Brynhildr Odinsdottir is a variant summon within the Lancer class. At this point, she's almost a proper Divine Spirit, and unlikely to answer calls outside of events like the ones in the story.

As for Lip, I'd say it would result in a modification to her NP. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Considering how Lostbelt stuff is showing up, along with the general (and rampant) escalation on every side of this war; I have to wonder if Ortenaus is going to be showing up.

After all it's been established that Flauros and co have the ability to damage/cripple Saint Graphs. And Ritsuka has been fairly effectively using Mash to defend various high value targets on the battlefield (particulary with the Command Seal letting her go just about anywhere). So Goetia's people take a pot-shot at Mash, damage her Saint Graph and after the (10 to 1 Command Seal enhanced) Roaring Rampage of Revenge by Matthew, the various magic and science Servants put their heads together using Ortenaus as a proverbial splint/cast to help keep Mash on her feet+healing.

Mash doesn't have a Saint Graph; she's a flesh-and-blood human, just with Galahad along for the ride. Attacks that would cripple a Servant's Saint Graph would kill poor Mash outright. Also, Goetia doesn't want Mash dead or crippled; he wants her to join him.

Oh by the way, does Manaka remember exactly WHY Gaia and Alaya split? Or rather, what happened at that time? If you answered "Sefar the White Titan", you'd be right! If Manaka goes back to that time, Sefar will automatically attack her due to her Velber programming - and nothing Manaka has is strong enough to beat Sefar. Not even her pet Beast, since Sefar isn't remotely human or of Earth and is thus invulnerable to Nega-Messiah and Authority of the Beast. Only Excalibur's true glory - or the Twelve Machine Gods combined - can defeat Sefar, and neither the Gods nor any wielder of Excalibur would ever help Manaka, willingly or otherwise.

Mash doesn't have a Saint Graph; she's a flesh-and-blood human, just with Galahad along for the ride. Attacks that would cripple a Servant's Saint Graph would kill poor Mash outright. Also, Goetia doesn't want Mash dead or crippled; he wants her to join him.
Say what? I thought the very defination of a demi-servant (which is what Mash is) is a human who has taken the Saint Graph of a Heroic Spirit into their body.

Say what? I thought the very defination of a demi-servant (which is what Mash is) is a human who has taken the Saint Graph of a Heroic Spirit into their body.

Nope. She has his power, aka his skills, parameters and NP, but her body's still flesh and blood, not a Saint Graph composed of spiritrons. A Servant can heal and even regenerate from just about anything - such as losing an arm - so long as their Spiritual Core is intact and they have enough mana; but if Mash has an arm cut off, it needs to be either reattached or replaced; it won't regenerate like a normal Servants' would.

Nope. She has his power, aka his skills, parameters and NP, but her body's still flesh and blood, not a Saint Graph composed of spiritrons. A Servant can heal and even regenerate from just about anything - such as losing an arm - so long as their Spiritual Core is intact and they have enough mana; but if Mash has an arm cut off, it needs to be either reattached or replaced; it won't regenerate like a normal Servants' would.
Every bit of lore online that I can find describe demi-servants in the FGO setting as modified humans that have Servants (and the corresponding Saint Graph 'core' of said being) inserted/bound to them. And in-story here, demi-servants are consistently described as living humans that have Saint Graphs attached/inserted.
"Go find your sister! From what we can tell, her Saint Graph went active-"
"You were unconscious, but Cu Chulainn brought you to medical and was… insistent on a checkup. We examined your current powers, and found things to be rather normal in the registered Saint Graph."
The knight tilted his head. "Demi-Servant?"

"We have Saint Graphs put into our bodies. We're still alive, but the spirits give us power. I don't know who Mash has, but…" Oh, that could work. "I have an incarnation of Morgan Le Fay from the time of Charlemagne."
He raised his eyebrows at her. "He's a Demi-Servant. A human being who got a Saint Graph jammed into him. Do the math."
"Well, BB can mess with people's Saint Graphs, right? Maybe she could force Galahad to cooperate!"

There's also some hints that Siegfried was a clone/homunculus of Sigurd made by the Einzberns, albeit nothing concrete.
Mash doesn't have a Saint Graph; she's a flesh-and-blood human, just with Galahad along for the ride. Attacks that would cripple a Servant's Saint Graph would kill poor Mash outright. Also, Goetia doesn't want Mash dead or crippled; he wants her to join him
Dude, no, you're confusing Saint Graphs with Class containers. Also, what's this about Goetia trying to recruit Mash? Is it canon? Because the only thing I saw like that was him trying to demoralise her due to her being Ritsuka's primary meatshield.... Then again I did skip a few (read: several) cutscenes due to limited events starting up, etc.
Yeahhh.... Saint Graphs are a purely spiritual phenomenon, hence the need to be bound within a vessel in the first place. Class containers, from memory, are made from some method involving Ether Clumps or some such, allowing the Saint Graph of said Spirit to bond to and modify said vessel into a copy of their form, while also affording them the ability to regenerate sundered limbs and such due to said vessel being a pseudo-spiritual puppet with limited points of vulnerability. Demi-Servants and Pseudo-Servants on the other hand, are formed by having a Saint Graph grafted to the very Soul of their vessel, a living human, rather than to a conglomeration of Ether Clumps. As such, the difficulty of ~making~ such beings is largely due to having to find a way to blend them together in some manner without accidentally ~Murder-blendering~ them.

The bit with Mash and Goetia is legit. Goetia during the Singularities manifested in Mash's dreams and showed his idealized visión for mankind out of what could be interpreted as a sense of kinship. Both can be considered Artificial Creations made to protect mankind, but Mashu was made with a short lifespan, so Goetia (ironically enough) pitied her and tried to convince her to reject humanity and join him.

The bit with Mash and Goetia is legit. Goetia during the Singularities manifested in Mash's dreams and showed his idealized visión for mankind out of what could be interpreted as a sense of kinship. Both can be considered Artificial Creations made to protect mankind, but Mashu was made with a short lifespan, so Goetia (ironically enough) pitied her and tried to convince her to reject humanity and join him.

Was that the scene before Babylonia? Because I honestly thought he was just screwing with her head to deprive Ritsuka of protection. Or was it a different one? Because yet again, I skipped a fair bit while farming Saint Quartz for event summons and the like.

Back