In other news Tamamo is actually super fun to write (she's a memelord of course she is, I just never realised it until I tried) and I look forward to the day she spooks Kana on a rate-up.
What about the day Ritsuka's harem protagonist powers and berseker whisperer powers combo and make him summon Tamamo Cat?

What about the day Ritsuka's harem protagonist powers and berseker whisperer powers combo and make him summon Tamamo Cat?
Because he's his generation's Tohsaka before he's the Emiya, he's contractually obligated to get high-maintenance Servants who need him more than he needs them. Hence, Shielder, Medusa and Stheno.

Which is totally my way of saying his next Servant is going to be Angra Mainyu (and he'll think he got NOTHING until dramatically or comedically appropriate because it's funnier that way).

EDIT: Thinking about it, Ritsuka could end up possessed by mopman if he summons Avenger. Not sure whether that'd be more amusing than Avenger hiding in his shadow...

Last edited:
Ah, the Angry Manju. Say, lore question, do you think it would be possible to abuse his position as "The Ultimate Scapegoat" to turn him into a kind of reverse voodoo doll ? Like, when something attack Ritsuka or Kana, the damage get transferred to AM instead ?

I'm thinking that in an ironic twist, Ritsuka is the one who manages to summon All the World's Evil, he certainly has the Salt ready.

Ah, the Angry Manju. Say, lore question, do you think it would be possible to abuse his position as "The Ultimate Scapegoat" to turn him into a kind of reverse voodoo doll ? Like, when something attack Ritsuka or Kana, the damage get transferred to AM instead ?
Nasuverse-rules-as-written, probably not. He's an absolutely TERRIBLE Servant under the Fuyuki Grail War system, and his FGO stats/NP prove it. Even his "four day timeloop" ability is more a result of the Greater Grail going out of control and trying to grant Bazett's wish.

Annnnnd yet..... well, those tattoos on his body? Each and every line is a distinct curse that he's been made responsible for. The same way that, conceptually, Shirou's a walking mass of swords and his magecraft is pulling things out of UBW, you could argue that Angra Mainyu is a walking mass of curses and thus his power should be manifesting any curse ever laid down by man, nature or god. With the spindle from Sleeping Beauty he could put someone to sleep until true love's kiss wakes them, or he could inflict the Ring of the Nibelung's curse at will. Using vodun to make himself a living voodoo doll wouldn't be too hard.

But that's some real bullshit and it's not supported by any of the material, so. :p

Nasuverse-rules-as-written, probably not. He's an absolutely TERRIBLE Servant under the Fuyuki Grail War system, and his FGO stats/NP prove it. Even his "four day timeloop" ability is more a result of the Greater Grail going out of control and trying to grant Bazett's wish.

Annnnnd yet..... well, those tattoos on his body? Each and every line is a distinct curse that he's been made responsible for. The same way that, conceptually, Shirou's a walking mass of swords and his magecraft is pulling things out of UBW, you could argue that Angra Mainyu is a walking mass of curses and thus his power should be manifesting any curse ever laid down by man, nature or god. With the spindle from Sleeping Beauty he could put someone to sleep until true love's kiss wakes them, or he could inflict the Ring of the Nibelung's curse at will. Using vodun to make himself a living voodoo doll wouldn't be too hard.

But that's some real bullshit and it's not supported by any of the material, so. :p
That...doesn't really answer my question at all ? I mean, the fact he's a terrible Servant is exactly why I was try to think of ways to use him outside pure combat after all.

You could probably do it, but it'd require skill and experience in that field of magecraft, which ...

I mean, "Conversion/Transferal" is the Tohsaka specialty, so maybe? But by default I wouldn't expect Ritsuka to have it.

Tohsaka magecraft does seem like it would work with Angry Manjuice

Just store his curse inside a Gem and then throw it at a bitch

In other news Tamamo is actually super fun to write (she's a memelord of course she is, I just never realised it until I tried) and I look forward to the day she spooks Kana on a rate-up.
Funny you should mention Tamamo.

You know how I got like 8 Gentle Affections in 200 Quartz?

Well, I rolled a Story Summon for the first time with a Ticket. Guess which foxtail memelord I got.

How are you going about writing her? She peppers her dialogue with Japan history or references pretty often, IIRC, which makes her quite hard to get right whenever I try to write the girl.

That...doesn't really answer my question at all ? I mean, the fact he's a terrible Servant is exactly why I was try to think of ways to use him outside pure combat after all.
That's the rub; he's an edge-case's edge case in-universe. He's not the evil god from the Persian mythology, he's the dude who got assigned that name. So his only actual heroic experience is "being sacrificed", leading to Verg Avesta.

I absolutely think you could write a UBW-like exploration of the powers he's inherited and abscribed, but it's the kind of thing that deserves its own story.

I think Ritsuka is fine. Because he's his mother's son and therefore getting worfed by the entire universe is basically his ultimate doom in life.

Being Tohsaka is suffering, after all.

I think Ritsuka is fine. Because he's his mother's son and therefore getting worfed by the entire universe is basically his ultimate doom in life.

Being Tohsaka is suffering, after all.

Yeah. Rin Tohsaka, amazing mage in the top 20% of all Modern Mages in both potential and ability, is stuck hanging out with Shirou Emiya who somehow managed to beat up Gilgamesh that one time.

Rin: "With my mana!"

Ritsuka: "Nobody cares about the details mom. They only care about the spectacle."

Really, a joke could be made out of it now that Ritsuka has been kidnapped, just showing how much Chaldea falls apart when he's missing for even a few hours. The realization that he's a metaphorical Support Class and that his Insanity Debuff Removal is the only thing keeping them functional.

Back