Leo doing everything by herself in canon FGO make sense, since the plot cannot assume the player has already unlocked the Servants it may have needed, but for a story like this one, having a single character do everything while all the other ones twiddle their thumbs or, worse, get bored and create problems for Chaldea doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Leo doing everything by herself in canon FGO make sense, since the plot cannot assume the player has already unlocked the Servants it may have needed, but for a story like this one, having a single character do everything while all the other ones twiddle their thumbs or, worse, get bored and create problems for Chaldea doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Its going to be fun when they summon the King of Inventors.

Really sorry about the lack of updates of late, whenever I'm struck by inspiration it's invariably when I'm exhausted or busy. Still, I very much hope to get France done by next week and Chapter 12 continued at the same time.

That title always was funny with how spot on it was to me. Historical Edison didn't invent much of the things attributed to him, he hired a bunch of scientists and took their patents out in his name.
He's a king of inventors, not an inventor-king.

E: most King of X constructions in Nasu would be better rendered as X-King. For example Marth from Fire Emblem has the same epithet as Gil: Eiyuu Ou, which they correctly translate as Hero-King. The king who is also a hero.

Similarly, Seiba is Kishi Ou, the Knight-King.

Meanwhile Ozy is... Ou no Ou, IIRC. King of Kings.

I do wonder which construction was used for Edison.

Last edited:
He's a king of inventors, not an inventor-king.

E: most King of X constructions in Nasu would be better rendered as X-King. For example Marth from Fire Emblem has the same epithet as Gil: Eiyuu Ou, which they correctly translate as Hero-King. The king who is also a hero.

Similarly, Seiba is Kishi Ou, the Knight-King.

Meanwhile Ozy is... Ou no Ou, IIRC. King of Kings.

I do wonder which construction was used for Edison.
発明王, Hatsumei Ou or Inventor-King. The thing is, in Japanese words are often merely implied instead of stated outright, especially when both meanings are true. Seiba is both a Knight-King and a King of knights. As well, 王 is translated as 'King' but it can also be read as 'ruler' or even 'boss', although that is a stretch.

発明王, Hatsumei Ou or Inventor-King. The thing is, in Japanese words are often merely implied instead of stated outright, especially when both meanings are true. Seiba is both a Knight-King and a King of knights. As well, 王 is translated as 'King' but it can also be read as 'ruler' or even 'boss', although that is a stretch.
Saber in her Fate Zero suit with a fedora and Tommy Gun: The Boss of Knights.

Last edited:
Really sorry about the lack of updates of late, whenever I'm struck by inspiration it's invariably when I'm exhausted or busy. Still, I very much hope to get France done by next week and Chapter 12 continued at the same time.
Don't worry Swordo, I get stuck too. Sometimes I wander away from a draft and come back a day or two later and I'm refreshed to write. Self-care's important!

Ah, thanks. And yeah I know.

So, my supposition: While yeah he did mostly manage inventors, he still did some inventing himself. So Inventor-King, where "King" implies "rules over other inventors" is perfectly appropriate.
Also Nasu (or maybe Takeuchi?) loves to make everyone a king.

So, my supposition: While yeah he did mostly manage inventors, he still did some inventing himself. So Inventor-King, where "King" implies "rules over other inventors" is perfectly appropriate.
Also Nasu (or maybe Takeuchi?) loves to make everyone a king.
You are now imagining the Gudas gatecrashing Iskander's Banquet of Kings with Edison, ROMA, Kogil, Alexander... and Darius.

Beowulf, Fergus, Cu Chulainn
Nah, Cu sees Diurmuid and says "DIURMUTT, I STILL OWE YOU FOR 'MURRICA!" and he and the rest of the Irish Bois get stuck in. A week later, after the Grail's been dealt with and the Iris have been corraled and Darius has his grudge match with Iskander, Ritsuka loses his temper and command seals all of them.

It's only after they get back to Chaldea that they realize Diurmuid's come back with them.

Let's be honest: Kana probably channels Gudako and burns Medb when she arrives on general principle.

I did somehow forget about Vlad, maybe it's because I've never seen him. :V

Him too
Nah, Cu sees Diurmuid and says "DIURMUTT, I STILL OWE YOU FOR 'MURRICA!" and he and the rest of the Irish Bois get stuck in. A week later, after the Grail's been dealt with and the Iris have been corraled and Darius has his grudge match with Iskander, Ritsuka loses his temper and command seals all of them.

It's only after they get back to Chaldea that they realize Diurmuid's come back with them.

Let's be honest: Kana probably channels Gudako and burns Medb when she arrives on general principle.

I did somehow forget about Vlad, maybe it's because I've never seen him. :V
And what of Beowulf? What of that king of the Geats, the brawling berserker and valorous Viking?

You are now imagining the Gudas gatecrashing Iskander's Banquet of Kings with Edison, ROMA, Kogil, Alexander... and Darius.

Don't forget Beowulf, Fergus, Cu Chulainn, Vlad, and Mebd.

And now I had the image of Gil pulling a Vegeta and complaining about bargain sales of kings. I'm not sure he would though but it was an amusing image.

But it would certainly be an interesting event with many chances for explosions... and this just reminded me of Nobu.

Speaking of events with relations to the masters, I wonder what Shirou told his kids about their Aunty Illya and how much cognitive dissonance they'll have during the Prisma Illya event.

Shirou: I've fought gods, monsters and heroes, but without a doubt, Illyasviel is the scariest person I've ever met.

*LATER*

Kana: Hey, Bro?

Ritsuka: Yeah?

Kana: Dad was full of shit, wasn't he.

Speaking of events with relations to the masters, I wonder what Shirou told his kids about their Aunty Illya and how much cognitive dissonance they'll have during the Prisma Illya event.
Only problem with that is this is a post UBW deal. Shirou got to know Ilya even less then he did in Fate here.

Unless that went off the rails too, but that'd be a story on its' own >_>

Kana: Hey, Bro?

Ritsuka: Yeah?

Kana: Dad was full of shit, wasn't he.
Kuro: Yeah, she's kinda of a cinnamon roll, isn't she?

Kana: Wait, who are you?

Kuro: I'm Kuro, Illya's twin sister.

Ritsuka: Wait, dad never said Illya had a sister.

Kuro: Well, after our parents won the Grail War, they wanted Illya to have a normal childhood, so they tried to reset her to be a normal human. They messed up through, and they ended up just sealing her magus half. Took me like a decade to get my own body!
Kuro: Sis is being whiny about it. 'Kuro stop using magic to mess with people' 'Kuro, stop ambushing people to steal their mana' 'Kuro, stop trying to seduce Onii-chan, I'm trying to repress our pseudo-incestuous desires.' Anyways, who are you guys? And who is that dad of yours that mentioned us?:)

Ritsuka: :o
Kana: *"This-is-just-like-my-animes" intensifies*

Last edited:
Back