In a perfect world, next chapter chunk will be up by sunday. Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world.

IIRC, she cares more about her master being honest than them having to be with her. So if the twins are straightforward with not accepting her affections it should be alright.

The problem is that she has Madness Enhancement EX, so sometimes even if you're being truthful to her, she'll imagine that you're lying if you're not saying what she wants, and set herself off that way.

Madness Enhancement EX fucking sucks.

I mean she's a literal lie detector. She can tell when someone lies, or when they don't.

You seem to have missed the fact Madness Enhancement EX is a thing. It means logic can and will be kicked out in certain circumstances. So yes, the yandere will build in her head moments where the Master lies because she refuses to see reality that way, lie detector or not.

You seem to have missed the fact Madness Enhancement EX is a thing. It means logic can and will be kicked out in certain circumstances. So yes, the yandere will build in her head moments where the Master lies because she refuses to see reality that way, lie detector or not.
That is not how Kiyohime's version of Madness Enhancement works.
Class skills
Mad Enhancement: EX
Mutual understanding is perfectly established.
However, she sees the Master as 「the person she loves」, and forbids them to tell lies.
In the case of lying, she'll certainly see through it no matter what kind of lie it is, and will automatically consume one Command Spell.

「———— You are lying, right?」

The problem is that she has Madness Enhancement EX, so sometimes even if you're being truthful to her, she'll imagine that you're lying if you're not saying what she wants, and set herself off that way.

Madness Enhancement EX fucking sucks.
I mean she's a literal lie detector. She can tell when someone lies, or when they don't.
I think her problem with her lie detecting is that it could interpret certain half-truth as lies, and set her off.

For example:

"Anchin-sama, do you like Jackie?"

"Yes, she's been good kid-"

"So you want to marry her!"

"-WAIT NO! Not like-"

"But you said you liked her."

"Yeah but-"

"You lied. YOU LIED! DIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE-"

BAD END

Tbf in the canon materials so far, she hasn't been that bad, given that she can make friends with a varied bunch of servants.

Tbf in the canon materials so far, she hasn't been that bad, given that she can make friends with a varied bunch of servants.
Yeah, but her list of friends/ acquitances were mostly either:
  • Unrepentant inhuman which basically had no cares about 'civil propriety'.
  • Mourning widows who had practically no attachment to 'Anchin-sama'.
  • Can spank her butt severely without care about her idiosyncrasies result.

That is not how Kiyohime's version of Madness Enhancement works.
Class skills
Mad Enhancement: EX
Mutual understanding is perfectly established.
However, she sees the Master as 「the person she loves」, and forbids them to tell lies.
In the case of lying, she'll certainly see through it no matter what kind of lie it is, and will automatically consume one Command Spell.

「———— You are lying, right?」

It's how FGO's portrayed her once or twice.

Rewrite Chapter 3.3: Breaks and Breaking Points
"...Do I really have to talk about it?"

Roman shook his head. "No, Kana. But if you need to get anything off your chest, now would be the time." Thinking on his words, the doctor sucked on his teeth and held his gaze on Kana's eyes. "No pressure, of course," he said, feeling a great deal of pressure.

Kana frowned at his wording, but said nothing about it. Next to him, Mashu's polite smile turned glassy for a moment. "If you like, senpai, you could talk to me in private about these things too."

"Doctor? Mashu? Be honest with me," she said.

"Of course," Roman replied without hesitation, and Mashu nodded.

"Did I do well in Fuyuki?"

Mashu glanced at Roman, who shook his head. He looked back at Kana, exuding as much of a kindly calm demeanour as he could. "Do you think so?"

"Mm." Kana leaned forward, elbows on her lap and hands cupping her chin. "I think I was a mess. Could've done better, especially with Berserker and Saber. And that's just the stuff I did in Singularity F. Because I don't think we won, y'know? We didn't even get out with everyone."

Roman nodded. "Well, I think you did as well as anyone could have hoped for. Don't blame yourself for Olga-Marie. It's not fair to yourself."

Kana's expression remained nonpluss. "That doesn't mean anything. She still died, and it's still because I let go. And because I didn't make the call in time… Well." She sniffed, then sighed hard. "I could have done better."

Things were becoming too heavy for his liking. Romani needed to change the subject, before Kana just got more bitter. "Well, you know what you need to improve on. What do you think you did well?"

For a moment, a genuine instant, Kana looked at him with genuine confusion. She recovered quickly, but it was still several seconds before she spoke. "Well, Rits healed me after I bounced too hard and he kept me from dying like an idiot going after Lev. Mashu successfully held off Rider and Herakles for a while. Medea was just generally excellent, despite getting thrust into things with zero prep time."

"Ah, but Kana, I was asking about you. What did you do well?"

"I didn't die. That's about it, I think."

"That doesn't seem right for someone who impressed Cu Chulainn with their tactical insight, martial skill, cool under fire and sheer guts," Roman pointed out.

Kana shrugged. "That's fair, I guess."

"I think you did an excellent job, senpai! If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have defeated Rider, or stopped Berserker, or been able to weaken Saber!" Mashu held up her fists, pumping her words up with her actions. "I never had doubts with you, not one! I'll always be there if you need to bury me under a castle again!"

Kana bit her lip. Her gaze drifted back to Roman, who raised his eyebrows in a mix of concern and parental outrage. The realisation seemed to hit Mashu only the moments after, when her cheeks turned pink and she quickly shuffled back behind Roman's chair. "T-That is to say, I mean… I trust you. A-And I'm sure Caster does too!"

"Caster's one of the greatest Magi to ever live and is herself a veteran of the Argo expedition," Kana replied flatly. "The only reason she goes along with what I say is because she agrees with it."

That, Roman thinks, is the hallmark of a good leader. But he's not here to debate Kana's capabilities with her, simply to listen. And he's quite good at listening, if he says so himself.

Still, he should say something. He can't just be the doctor anymore, he needs to lead too. And that means he needs to inspire his people.

He starts to speak, but then the doors slide open and Ritsuka walks through, Leonardo watching in from the hallway. "Sorry I took so long," Ritsuka said. "Ah, Mashu! I hadn't seen you all day. Are you alright? Is everything okay with your checkup?"

"Ah, no problems, senpai. I'm fully functional!"

"That's good," Ritsuka said with a comforted sigh. "Is Kana being huffy again?"

"I am not huffy," Kana said huffily. "I am bitter. Very different things. What do you want?"

"We're going to summon another Servant before we finish for the day. I thought you'd like the honours."

And just like that, Kana was on her feet, hands on her brother's shoulders. "I'd love to," she said immediately. Gone was her bitterness and her self-loathing; the girl was back to form, energetic and eager to challenge the world.

And Roman did not even need to pretend to be something he was not. This was a good day.

----

The incarnation of legends is a process that must be conducted with the utmost care, precision, and respect in every step. Though the foundations of the FATE System are inherited from the Fuyuki Grail, though the extent of which is unknown, the scale of the ritual is much different and greatly refined. There's no need to wait sixty years between invocations of a handful of Servants, to remain for only two weeks. Those called by the FATE System can last indefinitely, as long as Chaldea stands and the contract that binds them is still valid.

And such a grand ritual demanded appropriately grand ritual chambers, Kana supposed. The chamber was large and it was dark, just like the caverns beneath Mount Enzou, and the only light around were the pale blue glow of the runes hewn into the basalt floor beneath them. Runes that crept out and onto the ceiling, consuming even the ceiling in a tapestry of silver and crystal. Its complexity boggled her mind; intricate beyond compare, glimmering alchemical silver inlaid with shining gems that pulsed like a heartbeat. Olga-Marie once mentioned that a more advanced ritual could take months, even years to carve an appropriate array.

Kana could only wonder how much time, and how many people, it took to craft this one. And it gnawed at her knowing that no matter how hard she tried, she could never make something like this. All because of--

By her side, Mashu squeezed her arm and smiled when Kana turned to look at her. "Don't worry, senpai," she said with a smile. "It looks more complicated than it is. You just make a wish!"

Her bright smile and comforting presence cast her dark thoughts aside, and Kana could not help but smile back as well. Despite everything, she was glad to have met Mashu Kyrielight. Olga-Marie clearly cared for the girl, Ritsuka liked her, and Mashu trusted her with her life. It only made sense to try and live up to that standard. "You sure you have to come with? Leo didn't say anything either way, and it's a long walk."

"It's alright, senpai. You just looked like you didn't want to be alone."

Well, there was no arguing that point. "Not going to be alone much longer, Mashu. We're summoning a Servant."

"That's true… But still."

It took a good three minutes to reach the center of the chamber, and anticipation continued to build like drums in her ears. By the time she reached the summoning circle at the center of it all, Kana could not help but feel her legs shake. Was it the weight of expectation? The joy of anticipation? The fear of failure?

With a deep breath, Kana nevertheless squatted down, heels on the ground, and placed her right hand upon the edge of the runic circle.

She closed her eyes, Mashu right by her side, and made her wish.

----

"...Ah, Caster. I was wondering if I should go fetch you."

"Oya?" Though the Witch of Colchis continued to wear her hood that concealed her eyes, she turned to look at her Master. "Is it time already? I had thought you would be there with your sister and Shielder, Master."

Ritsuka shook her head. "I wanted to ask about a few things and Kana didn't want to wait for me to, her words, 'satisfy my nerdery'. It's not like I need to be there either, so we're here waiting for them. You wanted to see who would show up, Caster?"

"Truthfully, I'm here to make sure my Masters aren't terminally incompetent, but lucky enough to manage a miracle under pressure."

Ritsuka frowned, but Leonardo Da Vinci laughed. "Oh, they might still be! But, at least with regards to summoning Servants, we have systems in place."

Ritsuka frowned, but ultimately relented. "...Y'know what, that's actually kinda reassuring. Thanks, Leo."

"Excellent," Medea said with a professional nod. A pause, then she turned to Ritsuka. "But you do know the identity of the Servant channelled by Shielder, correct?"

"I mean, yeah. The shield narrows it down." He turned back to the Renaissance Man watching him with an amused smile. "So where were we? FATE was a failure?"

"For all intents and purposes, yes. Maris-Billy's great ambition was its current form, to have a system that allowed all Masters to maintain authority over an army of Servants. But such a broad contract requires an exceedingly powerful anchor, which Chaldea simply did not have. So up until the sabotage two days ago, all Servant-Master contracts were as you might be more familiar, personalised between a single Servant and a single Master." She glanced over at Medea, who did not bother masking her interest in the topic. "Which, I imagine, is your experience as well, Caster?"

Medea nodded. "It was how things were in the Fifth War. I considered making my own investigations at one point, but it would be easier if the Administrator explained. What changed?"

"Well, what Chaldea lacked was the appropriate anchor - or, in keeping with our nautical metaphors, bait. The Grail Wars attracted appropriate Heroes with the promise of an unrestricted Wish to be granted, but Chaldea makes no such promises. We would require some sort of artifact or catalyst with the property of gathering heroes in order to serve as an appropriate anchor, and such materials are difficult to find! And often too weak to last for long," Leo added with a rueful sigh. "Alas, we had already given up on those plans and simply acquired more Masters."

Ritsuka raised an eyebrow. "And then Singularity F happened, Chaldea got rocked by a terrorist bombing, and suddenly FATE works out?"

Leonardo giggled. "Exactly! Astute observation, Ritsuka. FATE worked suddenly, and not a moment too soon! Without the broader remit of this specific contract, it may have been impossible for you to summon Caster so quickly!"

"Right, and it happened to work because of that thing?"

"Indeed, the timing was quite fortuitous." Leo glanced at Medea. "Would you say the timing was fated, Caster?"

"I don't care," Medea replied flatly. "The fates can do as they wish. I've given up trying to decipher their auguries."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Ritsuka asked. "It always pays to be prepared, Caster."

Then, the doors to the summoning chamber, and Kana and Mashu emerged with Chaldea's newest Servant.

"Yo, Caster!"

Medea turned, then sighed. "...Fuck."

Cu Chulainn, clad in blue and resting a red runic spear upon his broad shoulders, simply grinned and gave her a thumbs up.

----

Reuniting with Cu Chulainn was a dramatic and arduous affair. Ritsuka, Kana and Mashu had many questions, and Medea had many headaches to ward off. All the while, Cu made himself at home as he regaled his Masters and their Demiservant with many heroic tales from his life and afterlife, most of them false. All the while, he relished the battles that would come the next day, in the Singularity of France.

But Leonardo was not with them. She instead helped herself into the Director's Office, where Dr. Romani Archaman was already hard at work, drafting the plan that, if all went well, might save mankind. If all went well, at least. The only thing they could do was wait and hope. It all perilously depended upon a pair of children, who had barely been tested by a King that cared little for actual victory. Not against them.

"What do you think, Romani?" Leonardo asked, as she made herself comfortable in his new office. It was large and commanded authority, fit for the Director of Chaldea.

He shook his head with a sigh. "I think we're in for the fight of our lives, Leo. It was bound to happen, and I thought we'd be prepared for it, but for them to start from right in our midst… I thought that Lev was on our side, but--"

"Apapap." Leo held a finger against Roman's lips. "None of that, you hear? Not right now. You're in charge now, and you're going to have to find some way to fill those shoes again. Besides, not what I'm talking about. What do you think of our adorable Masters?"

Roman looked at her, then with a calm breath broke from her finger and summoned Ritsuka and Kana's bios with a wave of his hand, as well as a third window where he kept some notes; some were from the later half of Singularity F, but the majority were from his interactions earlier that day.

"Ritsuka rambles when he's nervous, and he kills moods like nobody's business. But he's got a good heart and a goal in mind, so he'll at least stick on the straight and narrow. Kana seems stronger on the surface, but she's got a lot of bitterness lurking underneath and isn't as good at hiding it as she thinks when she's already compromised. And, well, when she is emotionally compromised, she falls apart entirely. But she's also clearly got a good head on her shoulders, and she pricks Ritsuka when he's getting too melancholic. On their own, they'd be helpless, but together we might have a chance. Your thoughts?"

Leonardo needed no such aids, only summoning documents as dramatic flourish, not as aids. With Romani, she needed no posturing. And his reactions were no fun, anyways. "Kana's got a problem with trusting others, and she insists on sticking to her lies no matter how clearly she's been exposed. When she's faced with a superior opponent with no game plan, she starts to falter, but when she's shocked or embarrassed she shuts down."

"...You went really hard on her," Roman noted with a frown. "I thought you would like her."

"I do! Kana is a charming girl and I wish she'd open up more. She's strong, but her adaptability only goes so far. Ritsuka, on the other hand, is the more moral between them. He admitted the lie quickly and placed his trust in me, for no reason other than because he knew we'd have to cooperate if we were going to save mankind." Here, then, Leonardo sighed. "They really are twins. They complement each other too well."

"Wouldn't Ritsuka's trusting nature be a good thing?" Roman asked, thinking, then he paused. "Though, his first impression of you would be of a horrible woman who traumatised his unflappable sister so badly she's still smarting from the defeat. And then he put his trust in you, because he trusted your authority."

"And because my help is his only hope of saving the world," Leonardo nodded. "Which is a good sentiment to have. But such blind trust will hurt him in the future. Not everyone is as good a person as I. And I enjoy watching people suffer for my own amusement!"

"Harmless suffering, mind," Romani offered, hoping to salve her remarks.

"Ah, but often inflicted without mutual consent. I like to think of myself as a gadfly, Romani, but we should always remember that the Gadfly himself got sentenced to death by Athens because people got sick and tired of him questioning everything." She sighed, stretching her arms towards the sky, and Romani quickly averted his eyes. Such a gentleman, Romani. "We should consider ourselves lucky that they won't ever deploy on their own, you know. With the two of them combined, we have at least a slightly more magically talented Kadoc."

Roman blanched. "They're not that bad! They're at least at Pepe's level!"

"Do you really think so, Romani? Do you really have such little faith in Kadoc-kun~?"

"...I thought you said to remember that Socrates died for being too annoying?"

Leonardo giggled and leaned over to poke at Roman's cheek. "Socrates wasn't so cute."

Also because I updated late, Kiyohime will now be canon to FSO and will be appearing in France.

Thankfully, I always planned for Kiyohime to appear in the rewritten version of France, so this is no skin off my back. :V

Well I am liking the rewrites Kana and Rits has clear potential but has a lot of work to get to that potential and there problems to overcome. I always enjoy seeing protagonists have there own character flaws they have to work on. But I think I enjoyed the most is Roman and Leo managing them(or trying to in Romans case) and Chaldea they know there not perfect and have a way to go but there all that's left so they'll have to work with what they got.

I'm also loving the ship tease between Roman and Leo. It's going to end before it really begins but I'll enjoy what I can while I can.

"I think you did an excellent job, senpai! If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have defeated Rider, or stopped Berserker, or been able to weaken Saber!" Mashu held up her fists, pumping her words up with her actions. "I never had doubts with you, not one! I'll always be there if you need to bury me under a castle again!"
And come Camelot she'll be able to summon a castle for you to bury her under.

And next up is France, that'll be fun. I do kinda wish there wasn't such a big gap between Jalter getting summoned, and her subordinate showing up.

Last edited:
Oh boi, here comes France. I really hope Regend gets to outshine Siegfried in this timeline too :V

No, they did that because they wanted to get around the terms of a treaty that granted amnesty over a dictatorship that had taken power previously by one of his students IIRC.

Nah, that is just what they told people because they were embarrassed to admit they killed a guy just for being really annoying.

"You think we actually killed him because we wanted to get revenge on his student and saying he was annoying was just an excuse?......Yeah, yep, totally, you are 100% correct my friend! But make sure not to tell anyone about how you so cleverly unraveled our secret political intrigue where we killed an old guy for a much less petty reason then him being annoying."

Yeah, FGO Mats tends to load foreshadowing for ages away in its Relationships; we knew about Kirei!Rasputin for ages because Iris had a line for Rasputin that fit Kirei better.

"Ah, but Kana, I was asking about you. What did you do well?"

"I didn't die. That's about it, I think."
And sometimes that is the greatest achievement you can achieve.
And such a grand ritual demanded appropriately grand ritual chambers, Kana supposed. The chamber was large and it was dark, just like the caverns beneath Mount Enzou, and the only light around were the pale blue glow of the runes hewn into the basalt floor beneath them. Runes that crept out and onto the ceiling, consuming even the ceiling in a tapestry of silver and crystal. Its complexity boggled her mind; intricate beyond compare, glimmering alchemical silver inlaid with shining gems that pulsed like a heartbeat.
Don't kid yourself, Kana, they built it like that simply for the great mood lighting it would offer.
Cu Chulainn, clad in blue and resting a red runic spear upon his broad shoulders, simply grinned and gave her a thumbs up.
Hell yeah!
Reuniting with Cu Chulainn was a dramatic and arduous affair. Ritsuka, Kana and Mashu had many questions, and Medea had many headaches to ward off. All the while, Cu made himself at home as he regaled his Masters and their Demiservant with many heroic tales from his life and afterlife, most of them false. All the while, he relished the battles that would come the next day, in the Singularity of France.

"What do you think, Romani?" Leonardo asked, as she made herself comfortable in his new office. It was large and commanded authority, fit for the Director of Chaldea.
"I agree, lobsters are mermaids to scorpions."
"Do you really think so, Romani? Do you really have such little faith in Kadoc-kun~?"

"...I thought you said to remember that Socrates died for being too annoying?"

Leonardo giggled and leaned over to poke at Roman's cheek. "Socrates wasn't so cute."
Damn, the shiptease is so delightfully strong.

Last edited:
Back