Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Dear reader! Whether you are new here, archive-reading and whatnot, or you are already someone who has been with us for quite a while, I would like to say a few words that I believe are best kept close to mind.

-This is an MLP quest. And more importantly, none of us are gratuitously cruel. So good things will happen on this quest, and I hope that enough good things have already happened to prove that.
-This is also a horror quest, so bad things will happen. Bad things might happen to good characters if you are not able to protect them, and you most certainly will not be able to intervene if you lack the tools to do so.
-And finally, this is a quest in which you jostle with powers greater than yourself, with all that it entails.

Please, do keep those things in mind as you go forward. But ultimately, this is also a quest in which it is hoped we all have fun! So if any of the above points is not exactly your cup of tea, or somehow make the experience as a whole "not worth it", then this quest might not be for you. Which is fine! Individual tastes are a thing, so don't think any more about it if you don't want to read anymore. And regardless, I hope you have a lovely day!

PSA for whoever needs to hear it:

Readers should take their own mental health into consideration when voting and not subject themselves to triggering narrative elements like rape or constant mental torture of a friend just for the Greatest Good of a world that doesn't exist.

If those are fine for you or Regrettable is even more triggering, then GREAT! More power to you. But you aren't a bad or selfish person for picking the option that keeps the characters you've emotionally connected with safe. [REDACTED for spoiler warning]

This is a high intensity quest that doesn't hold back when it comes to horror and negative consequences. Take care of yourself.
(Quote slightly edited to avoid spoilers)

Last edited:
Oh I think it's stupid to but the last time the topic of IotH was brought up and I said we decided not to do it because our injury would be healed would be discovered a bunch of people said that the real big reason the thread has so far decided to not to do it was that Cadance would pick up the Grail on us like she did the Influence. I said that that unnecessarily limits any Grail actions in a turn where we're expected to meet Cadance and they were like yeah, as if it was self evident.
I… don't remember this, but I reiterate. Absolutely none of that makes any sense, on either side of the conversation. I should probably explain.

IotH does not heal our wound. It, in fact, has nothing to do with the wound. It heals mental maluses, such as our Afraid trait. It also has nothing at all to do with Grail, being a Heart/Edge ritual, and does not leave an Influence or any lasting residue that could be detected in such a way that we know of. In fact, last I recall, Bird outright confirmed that Cadence does not know us well enough or interact with us often enough to even notice the change in mindset from losing the afraid trait.

Now. If you were talking about Redemption of the Forge, which is the Forge/Grail ritual that does heal our wound, I could maybe understand a confusion like that, but even then whoever told you it would cause Grail to be detected by Cadance was way off base. That's… that's not something that ritual should worry about. Grail isn't even the major Lore there. Another massive Grail influence might be difficult, since we do know she can detect it, but she also assumed it was just a lot of love, presumably from a pregnancy. It's not going to make her suspicious of the Lores or something.

So, again. Nothing you have said made any sense. It felt like I was reading another language it's so off-base.

To be fair, they're potentially enemy nobles. His first thought might just be "at least she's not sabotaging me". Or worse, trying to take advantage of him through said first love who was her guest. As would very much be in her power.

Oh, wait, isn't that exactly what we're trying to do? :V

(Admittedly it's for his own good, but really. When people start going on about how he's vulnerable and all, and it's a perfect opportunity to strike...)
Hmm, maybe. We've been blindsided and waylaid by other characters acting on impulse or unresolved love issues enough that it's hard to say either way on his reaction. Especially as Pride sometimes falls back on "what would father/Uncle Steppes say or do" when in unfamiliar territory. Then again, love does tend to throw wrenches into things.

As for taking advantage of him, well. Between getting squeezed on bits, AP, and new confirmation more enemies will spring up even after current ones are neutralized, it's easy to feel boxed in. So, ambiguous situations might seem threatening. Enough that grabbing Pride's love life as more of a lever than a bonding experience is getting bandied around.

Last edited:
Plan highlights: summon a MitL (for guarding now, and Biedde eventually); Velvet summons/wedding action/Pride social; Mareinette on the wedding. Write Steppes about Cloudsdale, Rarity focus on work.

Gets us defenses and gets us resources.

[X] Plan: A Light and a Guest
-The Lunar Bureau
--[X] [DETECTIVES] Despite their friendly nature, ponies are capable of crimes just like any other intelligent creature. Have them investigate crimes at large, in the several cities of Equestria. (Less impactful in the grand scheme of things. But helps the Bureau keep a good image, and decreases the "tension" of the population at large, as the world becomes a worse place)
--[X] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN a PERSONAL ACTION for Velvet Covers)
--[X] [COMMISSIONER] Some of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
---[X] Shining Armor, your Deputy.
-[X] Before this month starts, you will perform a ritual to draw the attention of Grail
-[X] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about your fillies, and that they would be delighted to see their uncle in Cloudsdale.
-[X] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (1 Free Social Action)
-[X] [RARITY] Focus on her work
-[X] [JADE] "You do you." Let her do whatever she wants for once. It might do her some good, both mentally and personally.
-[X] [FLUTTERSHY] Ask for a favor, from you... mutual friend.
--[X] Guard our family.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Act as your emissary.
--[X] Help plan the Royal Wedding.
-[X] [BALDOMARE] Search for a 3-circle ritual site in Ponyville
-[X] [FORGE] It's actually a lot simpler than it sounds, now that you know what you are doing (produce a reagent, write in which Lore/combination of Lores.
--[X] [FORGE] Level 1 Edge reagent (5 bits)
-[X] Jade's house is now adequately clean. Or at least sufficiently presentable for ponies to work on it. You should… (Forge-aligned ponies are better suited at attempting these tasks)
--[X] You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it. (Servants)
-[X] [KNOCK] The Only Way Up
--[X] [KNOCK] Keep going up. You are so very close now. So. Very. Close.
-[X] Summon a Mare-in-the-Light
--[X] Use Edge 1 reagent
-[X] [MARE-IN-THE-LIGHT] Guard our house
-[X] A fleeting opportunity (rumor mills spin, opportunities come and go. These actions might never be available again)
--[X] Royal. Wedding! Royal. Wedding! Help. Plan. The Royal. Wedding! (Expand, and pick one more item from, the list of Royal Wedding opportunities) (1 Personal Action)
--[X] Velvet Pride, your upstart younger brother, seems to be heartbroken. Or so the gossip goes. If you take the initiative to talk to him, you might be able to get closer to him. (1 Personal Action)

Last edited:
Plan highlights: summon a MitL (for guarding now, and Biedde eventually); Velvet summons/wedding action/Pride social; Mareinette on the wedding. Write Steppes about Cloudsdale, Rarity focus on work.
Uh… just to be sure, you do remember that we can't use any ritual sites we discover on the turn we look for them, right? So the Mare summoning is running even more risk of suspicion than the DoA summoning would next turn.

Also, even if you insist on summoning a Mare, I would heartily suggest switching Baldomare and Velvet. Baldomare can guaruntee a success for summoning with only a Key needed, and Velvet is good enough at SH to probably find a good place herself.
Hmm, maybe. We've been blindsided and waylaid by other characters acting on impulse or unresolved love issues enough that it's hard to say either way on his reaction. Especially as Pride sometimes falls back on "what would father/Uncle Steppes say or do" when in unfamiliar territory. Then again, love does tend to throw wrenches into things.

As for taking advantage of him, well. Between getting squeezed on bits, AP, and new confirmation more enemies will spring up even after current ones are neutralized, it's easy to feel boxed in. So, ambiguous situations might seem threatening. Enough that grabbing Pride's love life as more of a lever than a bonding experience is getting bandied around.
Oh, I wasn't complaining or anything, just noting that it might not look good either way.

Last edited:
Wow. I totally get what people are saying -- with this many moving parts, making plans is tough -- but I think it's also quite exciting. We've come a long way, and this is both the pay-off and the added challenge. Velvet has a lot more agency, and a lot more responsibilities/demands than she used to. We've gotten her this far, can we keep it going?

Not easy, but fun. And I have faith in us!

I think if we let Marionette out of the cellar this time it's unlikely to blow up in our faces, but I have full confidence the second a majority of players think she's reliable Bird will have her commit a small-to-moderate atrocity. Same thing for Luna's Awakening; we'll have probably two major hoops to jump through before we can call her an uncomplicated ally. It's just how the quest goes.
I think we should give Mareinette more credit :) She would very much like us to trust her. She's not going to throw that chance away for a small atrocity so early in the game!

Uh… just to be sure, you do remember that we can't use any ritual sites we discover on the turn we look for them, right? So the Mare summoning is running even more risk of suspicion than the DoA summoning would next turn.

Also, even if you insist on summoning a Mare, I would heartily suggest switching Baldomare and Velvet. Baldomare can guaruntee a success for summoning with only a Key needed, and Velvet is good enough at SH to probably find a good place herself.
Yup. What Bird said about having lost our suspicion "shield" means while I don't love facing suspicion, I think we should accept some risk of it for the added benefits. There are worse prices to pay.

Velvet has an 88% chance of a successful summon with the Edge 1 reagent, which I think is fine and it's worth saving Wrong Keys. Similarly, Baldomare will roll higher on the search ~72% of the time.

Trust Marinette: allows one of the wedding choices to be made by Marinette. We will still have two choices, and it is unlikely that there is actually any bad options. Plus delegating as much as possible gives us more actions awailable, like scaling Mansus.

[X] Plan Trust Marinette
-[X] (SELENE) Go play
-[X] (Free Reagent) Create a Edge 2 Reagent. (20 bits, Free Action)
-[X] (AotL) Grail: Filthy Rich
-[X] (Knock) Keep going up
-[X] [STEPPES] Invite him to spend some time with our family, and if he can make it, to go on the Cloudsdale trip. Ask him if he can give Velvet Pride some pep talk or advice.
-[X] (Social) Spend time with Filthy Rich
-[X] (Servants) Use the upper level of Jade house to store items.
-[X] (RARITY) Spend time with Sweetie Belle at Velvet mansion. Get to know Velvet Pride
-[X][MAREINETTE] Fleeting Opportunity: Royal Wedding
-[X] [FLUTERSHY] Ask a favor from your mutual friend for help defending your house.
-[X] [JADE] Take a break
-[X] [BALDOMARE] Do Reflection of the Tapestry - Find the Frangiclave, at Rarity's house (30 bits).
-[X] (Detectives) Changelings
-[X] (Constables) Paperwork (+1 AP)
-[X] (Commissioner) Increase loyalty
-[X][VELVET] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple.
-[X][VELVET] Scale Mansus
--[X] Explore the Temple of the Wheel (Mansus Expedition)
--[X] Keep going up. (If you can't or got a malus or injury somehow switch to a more safe Wood exploration and search for a new location there)
-[X][VELVET] Search for suitable three circle ritual location.
-[X] [VELVET] Fleeting Opportunity: The Royal Wedding is a matter of national security (Free Action)

[X] Plan Trust Marinette while you pursue Baldomare's Sacrament
-[X] (SELENE) Go play
-[X] (AotL) SH: for search for ritual circle location
-[X] [STEPPES] Invite him to spend some time with our family, and if he can make it, to go on the Cloudsdale trip. Ask him if he can give Velvet Pride some pep talk or advice.
-[X] (Social) Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple.
-[X] (RARITY) Spend time with Sweetie Belle at Velvet mansion. Get to know Velvet Pride
-[X][MAREINETTE] Fleeting Opportunity: Royal Wedding
-[X] [FLUTERSHY] Ask a favor from your mutual friend for help defending your house.
-[X] [JADE] Take a break
-[X] (Commissioner) Increase loyalty
-[X] Follow Baldomare, towards a place Beyond the Map's Edge (This is an Expedition action) (this costs ONE Baldomare action, ONE Velvet action, and 40 bits)
-[X][VELVET] Scale Mansus
--[X] Explore the Temple of the Wheel (Mansus Expedition)
--[X] Search Woods for a new location.
-[X][VELVET] Search for suitable three circle ritual location.
-[X] [VELVET] Fleeting Opportunity: The Royal Wedding is a matter of national security (Free Action)

Also my previous plan with Leash on Filthy Rich, and Rarity directing Marinette to make sure her choice of wedding option is suitable one.

[X] Plan Rich Opportunities with Applejack
-[X] (SELENE) Go play
-[X] (AotL) Grail: Filthy Rich
-[X] [STEPPES] Invite him to spend some time with our family, and if he can make it, to go on the Cloudsdale trip. When he is visiting, or if he can't make it, ask him for advice on how to deal with our brother.
-[X] (Social) Spend time with Filthy Rich
-[X] (Leash) Change Leash to another target. (Filthy Rich). Ask Filthy Rich to find large unsuspicious place suitable for your purposes.
-[X] (RARITY) Assist with Wedding, keep an eye on MAREINETTE, and make sure that she takes wedding options best suited for Rarity herself. Make sure that Sweetie Belle is not left alone at home, either sending her to spend time in Velvet mansion or using other suitable options.
-[X][MAREINETTE, RARITY] Fleeting Opportunity: Royal Wedding
-[X] [JADE] Take a break
-[X] [BALDOMARE] Do Reflection of the Tapestry - Find the Frangiclave, at Rarity's house (30 bits).
-[X] (Commissioner) Talk with Shining Armor
-[X][VELVET] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple.
-[X][VELVET] Spend time with Applejack. Search for three circle ritual location instead if Filthy Rich can't help you.
-[X][VELVET] Talk with Velvet Pride.

Edit: Approval voting others plans

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette doing the expedition.ver)
[X] Plan: "Man, this wedding rocks. I bucking love these people"

Last edited:
Looks like you have a go up action in both the free Knock exploration and the Mansus exploration action?
We probably keep climbing until we run into next door? I don't know how many actions it is, but if we can't go further we likely will be able to do something else, like investigate locations there.

I'm also a bit concerned the Temple of the Wheel, with its historical importance, will give us a wasted SH scrap. Which is tolerable, but admittedly a pain.
I actually want to look throughout Woods in search of our Master. Or Starry. And I think we have not got any summons from Woods yet in general. But I would not be opposed to plans that search in other locations.

Last edited:
We probably keep climbing until we run into next door? I don't know how many actions it is, but if we can't go further we likely will be able to do something else, like investigate locations there.

I actually want to look throughout Woods in search of our Master. Or Starry. And I think we have not got any summons from Woods yet in general. But I would not be opposed to plans that search in other locations.
You should probably put in conditionals of your preferred action if we can't continue further up. Just in case.

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament NOW v2.
-[X] [AotL] Edge, during the Mansus Action
-[X] [FORGE] Create a Edge 2 Reagent. (20 bits, Free Action)
-[X] [DETECTIVES] The dangers in the dark come from outside of Ponykind as well. Listen to the rumors. Study the myths. Look for the threats from without. (Search for Expedition Sites for your later consideration. Additionally, keep an ear on the ground for other "foreign" threats)
-[X] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN a PERSONAL ACTION for Velvet Covers)
-[X] [COMMISSIONER] Some of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
--[X] Shining Armor, your Deputy.
-[X] [SOCIAL] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (Free Action)
-[X] A fleeting opportunity
--[X] Royal. Wedding! Royal. Wedding! Help. Plan. The Royal. Wedding! (Expand, and pick one more item from, the list of Royal Wedding opportunities)
--[X] Velvet Pride, your upstart younger brother, seems to be heartbroken. Or so the gossip goes. If you take the initiative to talk to him, you might be able to get closer to him.
-[X] These are the skills that allow you to climb the Mansus
--[X] Attempt, even if foolishly, to untangle the webs of the Secret Histories
---[X] Follow Baldomare, towards a place Beyond the Map's Edge (This is an Expedition action) (this costs ONE Baldomare action, ONE Velvet action, and 40 bits)
-[X] [JADE] "You do you." Let her do whatever she wants for once. It might do her some good, both mentally and personally.
-[X] [FLUTTERSHY] Ask for a favor, from your... mutual friend.
--[X] [GUARD] Our home.
-[X] [RARITY] Focus on your work.
-[X] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about… (WRITE IN)
--[X] [STEPPES] Ask for advice about how to bond with your brother
-[X] Jade's house is now adequately clean. Or at least sufficiently presentable for ponies to work on it. You should…
--[X] [SERVANTS] You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.
--[X] [MAREINETTE] [GUARD] Our Home.
-[] [SELENE] Go play, one last time. (Costs two actions. Goodbye, Selene.)

[] Plan: Responsible Velvet
-[] [AotL] Edge, during the Mansus Action
-[] [FORGE] Create a Edge 2 Reagent. (20 bits, Free Action)
-[] [KNOCK] The Only Way Up
--[] [KNOCK] Keep going up. You are so very close now. So. Very. Close.
-[] [DETECTIVES] There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[] [CONSTABLES] The Commissioner is just too important to leave unattended. Run security. (Default target is Velvet's home. WRITE IN if targeted at Stormchaser, if he is "Away". Adds two 3/3 health, "+15 Personal Combat" ponies as bodyguards, if the target is attacked during this turn)
-[] [COMMISSIONER] Some of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
--[] Shining Armor, your Deputy.
-[] [SOCIAL] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (Free Action)
-[] A fleeting opportunity
--[] Royal. Wedding! Royal. Wedding! Help. Plan. The Royal. Wedding! (Expand, and pick one more item from, the list of Royal Wedding opportunities)
--[] Velvet Pride, your upstart younger brother, seems to be heartbroken. Or so the gossip goes. If you take the initiative to talk to him, you might be able to get closer to him.
-[] [JADE] "You do you." Let her do whatever she wants for once. It might do her some good, both mentally and personally.
-[] [FLUTTERSHY] Ask for a favor, from your... mutual friend.
--[] [GUARD] Our home.
-[] [RARITY] Focus on your work.
-[] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about… (WRITE IN)
--[] [STEPPES] Ask for advice about how to bond with your brother
-[] Jade's house is now adequately clean. Or at least sufficiently presentable for ponies to work on it. You should…
--[] [SERVANTS] You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.
-[] [MAREINETTE] Search for three circle ritual location
-[] [BALDOMARE] [RITUAL] RoTT three circle ritual location at Jade's house
-[] [SELENE] Go play, one last time. (Costs two actions. Goodbye, Selene.)

[X] Plan: Responsible Velvet (Personal Sacrament edition)
-[X] [AotL] Lantern, during the Sacrament Action
-[X] [FORGE] Create a Edge 2 Reagent. (20 bits, Free Action)
-[X] [DETECTIVES] There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[X] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN a PERSONAL ACTION for Velvet Covers)
-[X] [COMMISSIONER] Some of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
--[X] Shining Armor, your Deputy.
-[X] [SOCIAL] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (Free Action)
--[X] Royal. Wedding! Royal. Wedding! Help. Plan. The Royal. Wedding! (Expand, and pick one more item from, the list of Royal Wedding opportunities)
--[X] Velvet Pride, your upstart younger brother, seems to be heartbroken. Or so the gossip goes. If you take the initiative to talk to him, you might be able to get closer to him.
-[X] These are the skills that allow you to climb the Mansus.
---[X] Investigate your current skills. To try to understand them, if nothing else. (Current progress 0/3)
--[X] [GUARD] Our home.
-[X] [RARITY] Focus on your work.
-[X] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about… (WRITE IN)
--[X] [STEPPES] Ask for advice about how to bond with your brother
-[X] Jade's house is now adequately clean. Or at least sufficiently presentable for ponies to work on it. You should…
--[X] [SERVANTS] You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] [Guard] Our home.
-[X] [BALDOMARE] [RITUAL] RoTT three circle ritual location at Jade's house
-[X] [SELENE] Go play, one last time. (Costs two actions. Goodbye, Selene.)

Any suggestions for AotL?
This vote is going to be a absolute nightmare, my eyes are glazing over reading other people'e plans...
(These plans prioritise safety and not offloading Pride to Marionette, and the voted upon ones advance our Sacrament one way or the other)

If we put plans in spoilers, do they still count for the tally?

Last edited:
You should probably put in conditionals of your preferred action if we can't continue further up. Just in case.
Okay. Is there any location that people wanted to search for? Maybe the ones where we can gain scraps we are in the most need for?

And to elaborate on Temple of Wheel. Wheel canonically was subsumed by Moth. So if we consider Master a normal name, like if we have not chosen him as our Master, then Temple of Wheel whould have been his likely location. Also I think there was a mention of Starry meeting Master near the Temple although I may be mistaken here. Even if he is not there, Marinette example showed us that it is not implausible for Names to reside near or in Mansus expeditions sites. And if it is other Name than Master then it is still a chance for alternative Moth sacrament. And overall I kind of doubt that simple scrap is reward expedition since we gain them just for the normal exploring.

Okay. Is there any location that people wanted to search for? Maybe the ones where we can gain scraps we are in the most need for?
I would suggest finding the last location in the Woods, both to just complete the woods, and because it's safer than anything else. Also the Woods tends to have Moth and Heart, both of which could be useful.

For those who wanted to send Marienette in Social, I'd honestly prefer the Cadence FO over the Pride one, because that one has lesser narrative variance.
And then also vote for constables to guard our home; and use the freed up Personal AP to do the Baldomare or Personal Sacrament?

[X] Plan Pittauro, but without the neglecting work free action
[X] Responsible Velvet (Personal Sacrament edition) v2
This is enough as a vote right? I don't have to copy the whole thing?

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette finding ritual location.ver)
-[X] [AotL] Lantern, to see what is needed for the next Door.
-[X] [Forge] Free Reagent creation action. Create 1 Reagent.
--[X] Knock 2 Edge 1 Reagent cost 45 Bits.
-[X] [DETECTIVES] The dangers in the dark come from outside of Ponykind as well. Listen to the rumors. Study the myths. Look for the threats from without. (Search for Expedition Sites for your later consideration. Additionally, keep an ear on the ground for other "foreign" threats)
-[X] [COMMISSIONER] Ingrain loyalty to us in the wider organisation.
-[X] [SOCIAL] [Teach] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple.
--[X] Talking to our heartbroken brother FO.
---[X] Investigate your current skills. To try to understand them, if nothing else. (Current progress 0/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)
--[X] [GUARD] Our family.
-[X] [RARITY] Focus on her work.
-[X] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about…
--[X] Invite him to spend some time with our family, and if he can make it, to go on the Cloudsdale trip. When he is visiting, or if he can't make it, ask him for advice on how to deal with our brother.
-[X] [BALDOMARE] [RITUAL] The Reflection of the Tapestry - Find a key that only opens. A key that would break DoA's curse. Where it is, what defends it, what stops us from simply taking it. Cost 30 bits.
--[X] At Jade's old house.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] [WRITE IN] Find us a location where we can safely and discreetly do a 3 circle ritual.
-[X] [Selene] Go play, one last time. (Costs two actions. Goodbye, Selene.)

A plan in which we climb the Mansus with the goal of reaching the next Door and figuring out it's trick. The Knock free action and the Aotl free actions are spent on this. The Forge free action is used to make a 2 knock 1 edge reagent we need to summon DoA next turn. The Bureau we let do it's thing hunting down expeditions to maybe explore later on our own or through them to hopefuly get lores into the system. We also pick up the ap available in exhange for no bureau provided defence while increasing loyalty to us so shady actions like slacking matter less. Jades gets to rest because she deserves it, Fluttershy asks Comet to bodyguard our family as this might be the turn we see an attack from Copper after we pulled Baldomare. We teach Rarity more about the Lores before having focus on her work because I got nothing else for her to do as the narrative for asking her to help with our tasks like the wedding and our brother would be weird as fuck. Steppes we ask to visit us and help us with the brother issue. The fleeting opportunities we take are the wedding one (not the one we ditch the Bureau responsibilities in) and the brother one. We also finally get started on doing our Sacrament. Our servants get started on a vault in Jade's old house so we can store our incriminating and occult shit in a place that isn't our home while Baldomare uses it to scry for the Frangiclave and Marinette goes out searching to finds us a new 3 circle ritual site as we need a new one for the DoA summoning 'cause of the suspicion thrown on our current set up.

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette doing Pride social.ver)
-[X] [SOCIAL] [TEACH] Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple.
-[X] [Personal Action] [Write In] Find a discrete and safe to use 3 circle ritual location
---[X] Investigate your current skills. To try to understand them, if nothing else. (Current progress 0/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)
-[X] [STEPPES] There is no guarantee he will be able to help you, but you will write him about…
--[X] Invite him to spend some time with our family, and if he can make it, to go on the Cloudsdale trip. When he is visiting, or if he can't make it, ask him for advice on how to deal with our brother.
-[X] [BALDOMARE] [RITUAL] The Reflection of the Tapestry - Find a key that only opens. A key that would break DoA's curse. Where it is, what defends it, what stops us from simply taking it. Cost 30 bits.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Act as your emissary. (Pick an action from Velvet's list. INCLUDING social actions private to Velvet)

Same as the plan above except we've swapped Marinette searching for a 3 circle ritual site for the brother fo. The free ap sees us try and find a ritual location ourselves.

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette doing the expedition.ver)
-[X] [BALDOMARE] Something else (WRITE IN a suggested action)
--[X] [LEARN] It all fits together, somehow… or so you hope.
---[X] [LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one (Progress 0/100, uses Learning and LANTERN)
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Lead an Expedition. (Select her as the leader of an Expedition in which you will not take part, plan the other details of the expedition accordingly. You will still have to fund the Expedition yourself)
--[X] [EXPEDITION] "Beneath the Royal Castle, pt. 2"
---[X] [EXPEDITION] You know enough, and there is not much time. Gather your followers and head out. (Costs TWO actions and 70 bits, as specified)

This plan has more extensive switching around. Marinette is completing the Canterlot expedition and because of it's cost we've had to switch Baldomare to doing the Memory of Light Ritual and drop the Forge action entirely. The rest of the plan is the same as the one at the top. The expedition will hopefully give us the 3 circle ritual site we need and a bunch of useful reagents, tools and maybe even a Tier 5 and above book to keep Baldomare around for another 3 turns.

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette Guarding us.ver)
--[X] Search for a safe and hidden location in the forest where we can do a 3 circle ritual.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Something else (WRITE IN a suggested action)

The penultimate plan and it's the same as the one at the top except for the fact we've switched Marinette and Comet's roles. Now Comet is searching for the 3 circle ritual site while Marinette guards us. This is because SOMEONE has doubts as to Comet's ability to protect us.

[X] Plan: Gotta do that Sacrament sometime. (Marinette Guarding us alongside Comet.ver)
--[X] Guard our family.
-[X] [RARITY] Search for a discrete to use and safe three circle ritual location.
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Something else (WRITE IN a suggested action)

We have Rarity try and find a three circle ritual location so Comet can guard us. The rest is the same.

[X] Plan Pittauro, but with our SH Sacrament.

Last edited:
@BirdBodhisattva Here's a WIP plan comparison table for everyone's sanity, but can we just... do this vote in two stages and get the unanimously agreed parts out of the way so everyone's plans are shorter?

(Only plans with more than 2 votes are included; options are simplified where possible here)
Plan NameResponsible Velvet (Personal Sacrament edition)Pittauro, Having our cake and eating it tooPlan Pittauro, but without the neglecting work free actionPittauro, but with our SH Sacrament.Pittauro, All in wedding without key but with expedition.
ServantsYou need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.<-You need a place where you can safely, and discreetly, store items. Use the upper level of her house for it.<-<-
Jade(Give Jade a break)<-(Give Jade a break)<-<-
SeleneGo play, one last time.<-Go play, one last time.<-<-
Free Mansus ActionThe Only Way Up
Keep going up. You are so very close now. So. Very. Close.
<-The Only Way Up
Keep going up. You are so very close now. So. Very. Close.
<-<-
RarityFocus on your work.<-Focus on your work.<-<-
SteppesAsk for advice about how to bond with your brother<-Ask for advice about how to bond with your brother<-<-
Free Social ActionTeach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (Free Action)<-Teach Rarity, and make her a Disciple. (Free Action)<-<-
Attention Of The LawsLantern, during the Sacrament ActionSecret HistoriesGrail, with Pride<-<-
Free Reagent CreationEdge 2 Reagent. (20 Bits)Knock 1 Edge 1 or Knock 2 Edge 1, depending on what we can afford (20/45 Bits)
Knock 2 Edge 1 Reagent. (45 Bits)
<-<-
DetectivesChangelings<-Rumours & Expedition Sites<-<-
ConstablesPaperwork (+1 Personal Action)<-Paperwork (+1 Personal Action)<-<-
CommissionerSome of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
Shining Armor, your Deputy.
<-Establish, increase, or salvage the loyalty of the Bureau towards you personally.<-<-
FluttershyAsk for a favor, from your... mutual friend.
[GUARD] Our home.
<-Ask for a favor, from your... mutual friend.
[GUARD] Our home.
<-<-
BaldomareRoTT three circle ritual location at Jade's house (30 Bits)If we find a ritual location by ourselves,
RoTT Frangiclave at Jade's house (30 Bits)

If we find a Expedition, revote.

Otherwise,
find us a place where we can hold 3-circle rituals next turn (for Axe's summon).
Find us a place where we can hold 3-circle rituals next turn (for Axe's summon). (rolls +80)<-<-
Mareinette[GUARD] Our Home.Assist us with
Pride FO
Searching for three circle ritual location
Incision of the Heart on Velvet: remove the Frightened Debuff (20 bits. failure only on nat1s)<-<-
Personal AP 1Personal SH Sacrament (Current progress 0/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)Searching for immediately usable three circle ritual locationExplore the Mansus. 1 point on Keep going up, and 1 point on Temple of the Wheel Expedition. If we're stuck at the door with more exploration to do, check the stairways locationPersonal SH Sacrament (Current progress 0/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)Explore the Mansus. 1 point on Keep going up, and 1 point on Temple of the Wheel Expedition. If we're stuck at the door with more exploration to do, check the stairways location
Personal AP 2Standard Royal Wedding FO<-Standard Royal Wedding FO<-<-
Personal AP 3 (if applicable)Pride FO<-Pride FO<-<-
NEGLECT Bureau? (The other Royal Wedding FO)NoYesNoYes<-

Don't have the time to add it in now, but mind considering
Plan Pittauro, Having our cake and eating it too
?

I can live with it. However, @lurker9875 , may I ask, why 2-nd level reagent, though?
No money, mostly :/

Also weren't we gonna ask Jade to stay at our place?
That might be incompatible with the You Do You option?

Last edited:
Okay I fixed AoTl issue with one of my plans. Thanks for pointing it out.
Also added free reagent action. I was sure that we spend it on Baldomare summon, but apparently we spend on it action?

Back