Arch-Demon's Eternal Game: Aeon Edition, The Turtle Chronicles

Also it should be noted that the regular human should be doused at this point. I'm sticking with the deal I made, unless we've lost a demon to AFK.

If I side against them they lose no matter what. Taking me down purely as a spite move is entirely viable to discourage betrayal.

There's currently only three surviving Townies. If hail dies today but the VT is ignited tonight and a Knight strongmanned, then it's down to 1-1-1-1 and the Demons can still win, so they can't afford not to go for that line.

So @Byzantine here's the breakdown. If you work with Town, Demons can't afford to kill you because they need to off a Knight ASAP. Meanwhile the Knights can ensure you're protected from the Fiend kill.

On the other hand, if you work with Demons then nobody will be protecting you (Demons can't spare the item activation to Staff you when they need to worry about running into a Knight action), which makes you a pretty juicy-looking target for a Fiend who needs everyone dead.

You're actually safer working with us.

More to the point...We have majority. We just have to lynch Hail's absentee partner assuming that's the guy with the Strongman to win.
Or hit Hail and force them to to have to think of a way around the knights because they won't have the bodies to punch past them.

More to the point...We have majority. We just have to lynch Hail's absentee partner assuming that's the guy with the Strongman to win.
Or hit Hail and force them to to have to think of a way around the knights because they won't have the bodies to punch past them.
Right. If I side with town, town wins. But I may die in the process if they decide to go full revenge on me.

Knight's 2-shot NK immunity does not apply to items from the sack. The firestarter is an item from the sack. Killing knights even without the strongman is very feasible.

Hence the point of my post - even if you aid Demons, meso still needs you dead, and nobody will be protecting you at that point.
I still have not said what species I am.

And regardless unless I am a dwarf that assists him Meso has lost either way. I'm choosing to trust him when he said he will not kill me tonight out of spite.

Even if Byz were to defect, between @mesonoxian and whoever you leave on my scum team, we have at least a decent shot of getting 2 kills on (town + Byz). We have a Coin, which we can use to Wine it wrt who the knights have to guard, and Meso has the firestarter and got off a douse last night. We would attempt to do this, since it's playing to our win condition.

If @Byzantine defected he'd be one of two members of de facto town without some form of protection, so even leaving punishment aside, we would be targeting him.

I still have not said what species I am.

And regardless unless I am a dwarf that assists him Meso has lost either way. I'm choosing to trust him when he said he will not kill me tonight out of spite.

If you're a Dwarf you can't win with Demons, so taking one out now would be ideal, especially as it might even remove their remaining Strongman. I'm assuming you're not deliberately handing a massive advantage to the only faction that needs you dead.

And if you're not a Dwarf then siding with Demons today makes you effectively a part of their team, but not one they'll be defending, so you're an optimal night target for meso - if he declines to ignite and takes you out then he can work with the surviving Town tomorrow to try and take out a Demon, which gives him a chance at actual victory. It wouldn't be a matter of spite.
If @Byzantine defected he'd be one of two members of de facto town without some form of protection, so even leaving punishment aside, we would be targeting him.

Nah, that's not actually right though - taking out Byz leaves you in a 1-2-1 Fiend-Town-Demon situation, which effectively becomes a quickdraw contest, whereas leaving Byz alive (since your Strongman kill doesn't care about protections anyway) gets you a much more preferable 1-1-1-1 distribution where swaying Byz back to your side wins you the game.

Just an FYI, everything seems copacetic on my end. One of the townies is doused.

I'm a bit put out with @Scia at this point (within the context of the game alone, obviously. Scia is great.) Since her inaction seems to have cost us a kill on Zaealix twice (plus killed my team mate).

What went down?

I'm a bit put out with @Scia at this point (within the context of the game alone, obviously. Scia is great.) Since her inaction seems to have cost us a kill on Zaealix twice (plus killed my team mate).

What went down?

Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if the first one at least was deliberate. Letting Tykan die is all upside for the Demons so long as it doesn't cost them your cooperation.

Speaking of which...I hope you realize that if Zaealix dies today, Town stops being your biggest threat, yes? You may want to take care what position the Demons are left in when you and they start contending directly.

Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if the first one at least was deliberate. Letting Tykan die is all upside for the Demons so long as it doesn't cost them your cooperation.

Speaking of which...I hope you realize that if Zaealix dies today, Town stops being your biggest threat, yes? You may want to take care what position the Demons are left in when you and they start contending directly.
I'm pretty sure it was deliberate. Can't say I blame them. I'd probably have done the same.

I'm considering my position. I'm not ready to burn any bridges just yet (if you'll pardon the expression).

If a Demon dies today, we'll both need to use night actions against town to stay viable, which benefits me. But given that there are two Knights and the strongman kills have apparently been squandered, we're likely to need to the vote to remove them.

It's a quandary for sure.

Back