Arch-Demon's Eternal Game: Aeon Edition, The Turtle Chronicles

Gotta be honest, my biggest scumread right now is probably @Tykan, what with him just dropping a vote on me without any real reason. He's mentioned my posts several times before this and hasn't seemed to really see an issue with me until he had to leave.

Not enough to want to lynch him without getting a followup first though. /:

(Also not a fan of how I'm the biggest wagon on what is basically nothing right now. @Cyricubed is still voting me because I asked him to, @Shadell voted me and left and Tykan did the same. At least Shadell stated specifically why, even if not explaining why)

Rosen is still somewhat of a side-eye for the immediate Town Read on @hailcapital, but I can't really disagree with it and Rosen also tends to do things on Day 1 so...
ondine feels somewhat scummy, but it really is just gut. Mostly remembering the last time I saw her as scum.
Ori is [REDACTED]
Wiadi I haven't been paying the closest attention to, but feels somewhat towny. Nothing I'd bet on, but I don't see the issue that ondine is seeing.
Shadell my gut says is Town, and my gut is right 169% of the time. The other 31% it's doubly correct.
Meso I dunno. Feels Town, but I am trying to reserve any kind of read for a bit on him. Don't expect to get much off of him from Day 1.

I swear I had more thoughts but they're gone now.
No. I recognize getting inactives to participate as pro-town, I'm saying I think it's weakly pro-town and it doesn't balance out the rest of your behavior, which is looking anti-town to me, since it's chaotic and I don't think chaos helps town. I am not saying all of your behavior is suspicious, just that on the net your behavior seems more scummy than towny.

The four items question I don't recognize as more effort right now. Right now it looks to me like you could have just picked four of the lower value items at random and then used them to try to start unproductive discussion and waste our time. It's just also plausible to me though that this question was tailored in more detail than that, and that other people's answers gave you some information on them. I'm asking you so that if you are town you can help me see what that question did for you and town.
Thanks for the response. I'd like to answer in two parts to this, because my reasoning has three but I don't want to share all of it :V

Mostly it was that I was trying to get a feel for people. Day One I try to get some idea of how people are going to be playing, have a base expectation to compare to later. I don't expect to hit scum on the first Day so I mostly try to lay groundwork. At least one of the answers was fairly interesting, Cyricubed's comments on the Battle Wand mostly matched up to my own and is a decent sign that if he is Scum then they're probably focusing on survival over kill potential. More immediate info than I was expecting from it honestly.

The second part is that it was an attempt to get the discussion moving away from what was definitely a pointless topic, which was the mech discussion. That kind of talk can and will consume the entire Day without actually saying anything about the people having it, and can then take over the lynch while the actual scum just sit back. Discussing the use and value of items is more personal without actually being revealing on the picks made. It could have sparked a discussion that wasn't focused on mech if anyone decided to interact with the responses.

And the third is something that I'm keeping a bit closer to the chest for now. It's not all that important so I might explain it later on.
A question to the veterans , how do the two opposite scum teams shape turn game compared to mafia ? Lol is after all lower here but we also have much more nightkills happening.
So how likely is it that fiends try to kill demons via lynching (as the demons it seems are more likely to do more kills at night by my reading of the powerset with the strong arms)
And how does the scum on scum int3raction influences the metric about lynching there?
You want my thoughts on that with the Sack playing into it or without?

Allow me to indulge my middle aged need to nag young people and ask you to be responsible with your drinking.
Sure, sure. As long as you let me indulge my non-existing need for rebellion and tell you "No" :V

More seriously, I'm barely drinking at all. Too much of a lightweight to start with a serious amount when I'm doing it.

Oooh, rum and coke after five gum is interesting. That's the first time I've started without shuddering.

Damn, I was hoping I'd feel more comfortable voting you @Nictis after your response, because with only two hours left I'd like if we had something with some traction. I don't think @Nictis response here is great, but I don't think it's bad either, and the votes on him do seem pretty thin right now. After @Nictis the biggest wagons are @ondine, who I'm already on, and inactivity votes. I don't feel great about an inactivity lynch, in part because the last game I read their inactivity lynch hit town. So I'm staying on Ondine.

@OriginalName btw you misspelled @Happerry in your vote

Im not huge on having to pick between Nictis and Ondine.

This just feels off to me.

Oh yeah. Entirely unrelated but something I wanted to bring up. If you're Town and you have the Voodoo Doll... Just don't use it. Unless if the person you want to use it on is getting lynched anyways, and even then I'd suggest not doing it. It isn't reliable for testing people since there's too many varieties of scum to use it on, at best it can be used to test a human claim but then it just kills Town, either you or the Human. Alternatively it can test to see if a neutral claim is legit... But that also removes any potential trust between the Neutrals and Town. Trying to use it to kill scum is too unreliable unless if the list of potential roles has been narrowed down extremely.

I'm also eating my words right now. Those five drinks hit me hard. I probably should have finished my breakfast before doing it. Buzzed, but not too bad. One Hour and Twenty-Two minutes remaining.

I really don't feel great about any of the wagons (such as they are).

Also, the inactives are mostly new players, so eliminating them day one is pretty lousy.

I usually think voting No Lynch is a mistake, but I am actually thinking about it this time. I feel like anything we do at this point is very little more than a guess.

*Awakens from having passed out and see's it's not day end in relief*

@Cyricubed is still voting me because I asked him to

no that was from my meme vote god at the beggining of the game.

Ugh...I barely have time to potentially get a read through someone please flash me through what's happened in thread

Replacement Announcement: Part 2
So Twisted Mind was unable to post within this day phase, and because this is day 1, I will not just be resorting to modkill because I have a wonderful replacement in @Zaealix.

Edit:
I'm sorry for how messy I've dealt with these replacement needs, I was hopeful that it would be unnecessary. And I was given some hope earlier today.

Last edited:
Gotta say though, final day of Day 1 is turning out better for me. Already buzzed where before I had to stay up for most of the night just to finish my drink :D

So, let's tag some non-voters. Either vote someone or vote to No Lynch. Any kind of reason is good with me.
@Reliable_2IC
@JDS
@QTesseract
@Hutchmang
@mesonoxian
@Scia
Twisted Mind
no that was from my meme vote god at the beggining of the game.

Ugh...I barely have time to potentially get a read through someone please flash me through what's happened in thread
Ah, my bad. Couldn't recall a reason so I assumed it was from that.

I was about to give a flashthrough but I don't think my memory is good enough (I think I got stuff wrong) for it to actually be helpful. So here's the new version!

ondine claimed to be scum, nobody is talking about it
Nictis is an exploding Imp(oster)
Broken Base is the Towniest of Towns
Happerry is currently debating if the Voodoo doll is worth using
You just came back from the death of slumber
and ComiTurtle has just replaced in and so is a priority target due to knowing too much

I don't like that it's -Rosen and Hail on Ondine, they were pretty tight on each other, and I really do think Ondine has been taken out of context in what was at least considered 'damning' enough evidence to get on her in the first place.

I legit at this point do not think Nictis is a good lynch in the slightest, borrowing the gun to my head turn of phrase I'd rather take out Ondine but I'd rather just remove the gun to be honest.

Happerry hasn't come back to answer, and pretty much ignored me when I voted him the first time with a flippant joke post, so I guess I'm not super inclined to move off him, especially when compared to the other two options, but he's still mostly inactive which if we are going to vote someone out i'd rather it actually have some value to it.

Guess I'll double check Wiadi and Tykan since those are the other two people with votes on em.

So Twisted Mind was unable to post within this day phase, and because this is day 1, I will not just be resorting to modkill because I have a wonderful replacement in @Zaealix.

Edit:
I'm sorry for how messy I've dealt with these replacement needs, I was hopeful that it would be unnecessary. And I was given some hope earlier today.
You're doing fine. sorry you're having to do so.

Thanks @Wiadi for the ping and the effort. So it wasn't just me.

Honestly I don't really like any of the current lynches but I don't have the time to look for another one.
Happerry is kinda an inactivity push, I don't follow the ondine case and Nictis is playing his usual self. Although it feels a bit more chaotic and less productive than usual. So today I'm going with that case.
No Lynch isn't really an option when there are people who are already absent and have voted if I understand that correctly.

[X] vote Nictis

@Nictis, you got another vote.

Next day I want to see more from several people. For example @Hutchmang, only a single post per day gets you voted really quick. Twisted Mind is probably out tonight.

I don't like this post it's thin on Nictis after essentially shading me, if you thought I was sus enough for another opinion and then kinda shrugging and dropping it, it's kinda meaningless, even if he was pressed for time. The other pretense was a semi-joke vote on Byzantine way earlier on which again like wasn't really anything to it?

but he's still mostly inactive which if we are going to vote someone out i'd rather it actually have some value to it.

Hm, that's a change of tune...
Guess I'll double check Wiadi and Tykan since those are the other two people with votes on em.

Also not loving this, since it disclaims responsibility for who gets investigated on the basis of singleton votes.

That said nobody much seems to be buying my other suspicions so...does this look weird to anyone else, or am I just jumping at shadows again? @Nictis any chance of un-redacting that Ori read?

Hm, that's a change of tune...

Also not loving this, since it disclaims responsibility for who gets investigated on the basis of singleton votes.

That said nobody much seems to be buying my other suspicions so...does this look weird to anyone else, or am I just jumping at shadows again? @Nictis any chance of un-redacting that Ori read?

And once again I'll note I said it should be discussed and deliberate if it did happen - This is not looking like a case where it would satisfy the deliberate part, there are legitimate reasons to consider No Lynching especially when I think it was two townies up on the block with alternatives looking thin.

[x] Null

It was a meme, should have remembered to null.
Wait, it was?
I am scumreading @Nictis though on the ask on people's very specific item priorities. Happy to explain when I don't have a journal deadline in under 24 hours.
Ah, there's the reason you had said it was before.

Now I'm confused.
Checking out the main wagons at end game is common since there's not a lot of time to figure out a new one and convince people to move to it, plus you aren't as likely to get results by choosing at random meanwhile looking at the main wagons tells you if it's worthwhile and if not it tells you about the people on it.
@Nictis any chance of un-redacting that Ori read?
Ori is weird. Not going to elaborate on that right now.

Or well, it was a meme originally but I thought that the item thing was why you continued to vote me. That you're unvoting now while still scumreading me over it is weird to me.

Back