Politics Skills - 0
Importance - 2
Income - 1
Investments - Ohara

Resources
Power - 0
Wealth - 2

Designs
Type 1 Series - Military Variation (Designated T1M1)
Type 2 Racer (World Speed Record October 1910-April 1911, 180kph)
Model 2 Scout (Designated T1M2)
Navy Scout Prototype (Drowned Rat)
Dive Bomber B1M1 "Duck"
Machine Gun Carrier R1A "Dragonfly" (World Speed Record May-July 1911, 200kph)
Naval Rescue Water-Landing Supply Plane NR1M0 "Dolphin" (World speed record 240kph)
Rhino Demon Train Hunter
The world's first airliner
The world's first pulsejet airplane

Assets
Slide Rule
Computator (1 Reroll per Routine)

Languages
Albian
Gallian

Familiar Vices
Drinking
Prostitutes
Dancing

Family Life
- Engaged to Arita Yachi, formerly the leading Ace in the Imperial Army. Designated #1 Cutest Army Boy, he's having some serious problems with PTSD right now.
- Taking a second try at dating Mikami Kiho, ex-dockerwork from the south.

Upgrades
- 3 XP to upgrade a stat.

Ohara Airworks
Start Up, Imperial Capital, Akitsukuni

Owner
- Mr. Ohara, Rich. Aircraft Enthusiast. Business guy.

Engineers

Kibe Koume, 26, Office Manager
Tiny & angry, Kibe went to school in Albia, picking up the language, the religion, and a fuckload of swear words. Speaks Albian.
Mechanical +2, Ballistics +1
Office Manager: If Kibe is not assigned to a team, the Office Stress is reduced by 1.

Sakane Jun, 26, Second Team Leader
A soured patriot, Sakane is married and has a young child being raised gender-neutrally. His two brothers who fought in the war.
Structural +2, Aerodynamics +1
Team Leader: If there are any additional projects, Sakane will lead them.
Joinery: Sakane has training in the traditional Akitsukuni carpentry art of joinery, creating complex self-supporting joints with no fasteners or glue. When working with non-monocoque wooden spars or ribs, +1 Structural.

Tezuka Kenji, ???
A stoner with occasional flashes of insight. Nobody really knows what he does, but he's probably useful?
Aerodynamics +2, Chemical +1
Flashes of Brilliance: Each natural 10 rolled by any team Tezuka is assigned to gives +1 forward to the next research roll.

Hasegawa Morio, 26
A hopeless nerd with a photography habit, mostly on account of developing his own film, Hasegawa seems to do nothing but work and stack card houses, but somehow has an incredible attractive boyfriend. Speaks Gallian.
Chemical +2, Ballistic +1
Silent Workhorse: Hasegawa can work on two different projects at once for no cost to Office Stress, providing they use different stats.

Kawamura Yosai, 25.
Serially successful womanizer and incredibly attractive, Kawamura doesn't seem to have much of a personality outside of seducing women. Well, except for that time he seduced Asuka, which nobody talks about. Speaks Dyske.
Structural +2, Electrical +1, Social +1
Easily Distracted: If Kawamura is working on the same team as a female or non-binary employee, the team is at -1d10.

Koide Hatsu, 24.
One of the few female graduates of an Akitsukuni engineering school, Koide is brilliant and incredibly driven, but her first job at Akibara was both humiliating and exposed her to an abusive coworker. Her father is a rich businessman with factories in Joseon, and she's engaged to Ken from Castles of Steel. Speaks Joseon.
Mechanical +2, Structural +1
No Sleep: If you let her, Koide will work herself to death. She can work a second project for no Office Stress, but all her stats will be reduced to 1 for the routine.

Kobayashi Ayao, ???
Disowned heiress of the Kobayashi family, all Kobayashi wanted was a career and to be a modern woman. For her trouble, a cousin threw acid on her, scarring her face, neck, much of her torso, and her left arm. Despite appearing serene and above it all, she's actually an avowed communist activist and baseball player.
Aerodynamics +2, Social +2

Adachi Ren, 24
Adachi learned chemistry from her father, one of the most famous chemical engineers in the country, rather than through formal schooling. She's married, has a kid, and takes spirituality very seriously. Yes, you did the math right, she had Yuki when she was 17. It's 1912, folks.
Chemical +2, Electrical +1
Young Mother: Adachi will cause double Office Stress if she has to work multiple tasks.

Uyeno Sei, Ballistics Engineer, 31.
The oldest member of the crew, this is Uyeno's second career. Her first was as an officer in the Imperial Navy with specialized technical training: her very promising career was cut short by her transition. Her work in a naval arsenal on machine-guns landed her the job here. Briefly dated Satomi (the age range is a bit creepy but again, 1912), she's missing a piece of her ear and is deaf on that side, from an exploding cannon. Recently returned from Varnmark from experimental surgery, she's known for her skill navigating gendered bureaucracy.
Ballistic +3

Mi Kyung-Jae, 23
A recent graduate of the Imperial College of Heijo, Mi is from the recently annexed territory of Joseon. For those keeping track at home, that means he's a Korean national living in Imperial Japan in 1912. We haven't seen much of his personality because he's rightfully terrified of everything around him. He has a specialty in endurance engine design and modification. Speaks Joseon.
Mechanical +1, Chemical +1
Endurance Engines: Mi has an excellent understanding of metallurgy and tolerances. Any engine he works on gains +1 Reliability if a 16+ is rolled.
Pulsejet Wizard: Mi is now one of the world's leading experts on the pulsejet engine. He can be given his own project to custom-craft pulsejet engines, and he gives +1 to any pulsejet-related project.
Joseon National: Mi does not have security clearance to work on any top-secret projects.

Miyoshi Shigeri, 23.
A non-binary person and admirer of Asuka's work, they were in an support role in the Army before joining the company.
Structural +1, Mechanical +1, Aerodynamic +1
Mechanic: Miyoshi has some experience repairing and refurbishing aircraft. They get +1 if assigned on the clean-up phase.

Other Employees
- Ohara Satomi, 22, Mr. Ohara's niece and the company test pilot, Ohara is a general lesbian disaster. She's good at flying planes, driving cars, and kissing girls. She's bad at being patient, being respectable, and sticking to literally anyones conceptions of gender roles. Deeply in lesbians with Coralie D'Amboise.
- Fujkikawa Sotatsu, old, modelmaker. He's an old man and toymaker and we don't see much of him because he locks himself in his workshop a lot. He's friends with Kawamura?

Assets
- Engine Test Rig (Allows engine tweaking and optimization.
- Wind Tunnel (+1 Aerodynamics)
- Rapid Prototype Lab (+1 Clean Up)
Expanded Cast

Akitsukuni Industry
- Homura Mohoko: Head Engine Designer for Kobayashi. First female engineer in the country. A lot of sex appeal.
- Okumura: Head of Akibara aircraft design.
- Yamanaka Hajime: Kobayashi engineer. Young and eager.
- Igarashi Masazumi: Kobayashi engineer. Reserved and experienced.
- Admiral Akibara Toru: Imperial Navy Admiral. Maximum nepotism. Maximum douchebag.
- Lt.Cmnd Akibara Shinzo: The above's son. A hottie but very forward.

Character Families
- Matsura(?) Mizuko: Asuka's sister. Was paralyzed in an accident in Asuka's first flight. Lives Elsewhere and is married now. Can't forgive Asuka, even though she's tried.
- Adachi Motoki: Adachi's husband, an accountant. Legally blind.
- Adachi Yuki: Adachi's 7 year old daughter and wannabe pilot. Very adorable.
- Yachi's Brother: Exists.
- Sakane's Wife: Exists. Drives him a bit crazy, but he loves her.
- Yachi's Brother's Wife: Exists. Is statistically likely to be pregnant.
- Lt. Coralie D'Amboise: Gallian pilot in exile. Satomi's girlfriend. 25. Accomplished bisexual duelist. She flew in the war for a single day, and for her troubles got a hole blown in her cheek and had her left arm paralyzed.

Akisukuni Army & Ex-Army
- Lt. Torio Tanaka: Yachi's former observer as an enlisted man. Was jumped up to fly Ducks and lost a leg on his first mission. A trained painter, married to Torio Saya.
- Captain Amari Shiro: A Dragonfly pilot who ended up flying as Yachi's partner. Kind of delightfully twinky. They sorta slept together at one point, which wasn't great. He lost his previous boyfriend in the April Offensive and turned his plane into a shrine. He was shot in the gut and is still recovering.
- Major Izuhara: Logistics officer, Imperial Army, this bespectled officer stood up to the Caspian Crown Prince and accidentally kicked off the Akitsikuni-Caspian War. The guilt was so much that, after almost a year of running Army procurement, he shot himself in a phone both.
- Captain Nakai Sekien: Army scout pilot. First person to drop a bomb from an airplane, later head of the Duck Squadrons.
- Captain Teshima: A Desk pilot that fought with Yachi. Lost an arm in the process, took over for Major Izuhara after his death. Seems cheery despite it all.
- Captain Nashio: A real piece of shit dude and probably a rapist, he's also a war hero as the second-highest scoring ace on the Akitsukuni side. He was a young shitty kid in way over his head but it's no excuse.
- Lt. Kinjo: Kind of a dumb lump and Nashio's friend, one of the desk pilots. Dead at 19.
- Lt. Okazaki: Yachi's friend from before the war and pilot, he died in a spin in his dragonfly. His death probably hit Yachi the hardest.

Westerners
- Rose & Antoinette Sears: Pioneers of flight. Sisters. Black in 1910s not!America. Yikes.
- Timina Guasti: Famous aircraft designer from Otrusia. Likes big planes and green.
- Prince Protasov Vasilyevich: Crown Prince of Great Caspia. Real dick. You gotta hand it to him though, a decent flier.
- Count von Zeppelin: Invented rigid airships. Runs a successful airline business. Damned impressive.
- Bennhold: Aircraft Engineer. Experimenting with metal aircraft.
- Aileen Middlemiss: Albian reporter for the Artimis Times. Well meaning and oblivious.
Available Tech
  • Materials: Wood, Duralumin, Molded Wood, Wood & Silk Composite, etc
  • All engine mounts
  • All wing types
  • Basic reinforcement
  • Wing warping and ailerons
  • Basic water radiators
  • Flying Wings
  • Semi-Monocoque design (requires at least half the slots have frame pieces)
  • Valved pulsejets
  • Basic weapon mounts and turrets
Tech not Yet Developed
  • Custom engines
  • Monocoque construction
  • Cantilever Wings and associated tech
  • V and T tails
  • Tailless designs
  • Aluminum and titanium
  • Cellulose surfacing
  • Any kind of radar
  • Weapon accessability mods
  • Interruptor gear
  • Geared propellers
  • And Maybe Other Stuff
Akitsukuni
Island Nation

Government
Constitutional Monarchy
- The democratic portions of the government are dubiously legitimate.
- The head of state is the Empress of Akitsukuni. She gives her blessing to newly formed governments.
- The Navy and a small number of families have undue influence on politics.

Economy
Developing Mixed Market
- Most industry is controlled by a small number of wealthy, family-owned companies.
- The state provides most contracts to industry. Consumer good market is anemic.
- Exports are few, mostly cultural.
- Imports are raw minerals, food, oil, and expertise.
- Currently suffering an economic crash after the last war.

Politics
The Diet is currently ruled by a Constitutional Nationalist government. It has a system of nonlocal proportional representation, with representatives appointed by the party in accordance to their share of the vote.
- Constitutional Nationalists: 50%
- Purity Club: 9%
- New Independents: 26%
- Fairness Association: 11%
- United Communist League: 2%
- Monarchists: 1%
- Assorted Fringe Parties: 5%

Demographics
Akitsukuni is mostly very ethnically homogeneous. Around 5% of the population are various minorities, most from nearby countries. Roughly .1% are westerners here for business or in advisory positions.
- Population: 55 Million
- Religion: Mostly Kodo. Roughly 2% of the population follows western religions.
- Wealth: Most wealth is concentrated in the top 5% of the country. Nearly 20% of the population lives in conditions indistinguishable from peasantry.
- Urbanization: Heavily urbanized for a small economy: 35% and rapidly growing.

Military
At Peace
- Imperial Akitsukuni Navy (IAN): The 6th largest in the world, and the most experienced.
- Imperial Akitsukuni Army (IAA): 150,000 highly experienced soldiers, and a considerable reserve.

Aspects
- Poor Resources: Aluminum costs +1.
- Damn Akitsukuni Engines!: Engines have -1 Reliability.

The Main Character Of This Quest Is Nonbinary And Uses They/Them Pronouns.

I Am Putting This Here Because The Next Person To Misgender Them Is Getting Yeeted Into The Trash

Also here's the Gayaverse TV Tropes page, because why not.

Last edited:
You have 10 Mass of cargo in 1 section; it requires 2.
Cargo is mentioned five times in the rules draft I'm looking at, I don't see the requirement for cargo to take up any sections whatsoever.

The cost on the radiator is for the loop, because I hate forum tables. It should be mentioned in the Notes for the radiator.

The numbers not lining up on the wings looks to be because I plugged in the numbers for two decks of 24 rather than 22 area. Will do a double check on the numbers tomorrow when I get off work.

Cargo is mentioned five times in the rules draft I'm looking at, I don't see the requirement for cargo to take up any sections whatsoever.
...my bad. Yeah, that's a known issue, it's supposed to be the same as the previous edition, which I just actually looked up instead of running off memory, and you're right, it's 2MP of cargo per section, not 1. Sorry. *goes to fix all his stuff*

I'll probably see what I can put together tonight. Some stuff I really ought to be doing and the lack of a full featured spreadsheet for the current rules has been holding me back from it.

Well, at least the cargo correction gets the Donkey-Lite down to 29円(Edit: Rejiggered struts, got it to 28円. Could go to 27円, but want to stay >10 Toughness), making it a pretty decent bargain. I'll be interested to see what @brmj comes up with. Maybe it won't even be horrifying to draw!

...nah, no chance. :tongue:

Last edited:
@thepsyborg I did my best with the flying rudder... pls advise.
The rudder looks fine to me? I'd had a more rounded shape in mind, like the Fokker Eindecker's all-moving tail, but that certainly works- it's the right size and location for sure. (It could also be behind the rear wing, depending on how long the fuselage is and how widely spaced the wings are *shrug* whatever works.)

The twin-booms should be linking the wings, though, and the fuselage more or less suspended below the wings-and-booms structure. Also I'm not sure the booms need to extend quite that far to the rear? They certainly can, particularly if it makes something else easier for you, but they didn't in my vague mental image of the plane.

Last edited:
The rudder looks fine to me? I'd had a more rounded shape in mind, like the Fokker Eindecker's all-moving tail, but that certainly works- it's the right size and location for sure. (It could also be behind the rear wing, depending on how long the fuselage is and how widely spaced the wings are *shrug* whatever works.)

The twin-booms should be linking the wings, though, and the fuselage more or less suspended below the wings-and-booms structure. Also I'm not sure the booms need to extend quite that far to the rear? They certainly can, particularly if it makes something else easier for you, but they didn't in my vague mental image of the plane.
That's all brill to know, thanks ^^

Everyone do remember - these are the very first very draftiest of sketches. I mean there's still planes to be added or so I hear.

@4WheelSword
Engines are at the front of the booms.
... Oh good lord. Does the Joseon Express Revised seriously have it's vertical stabilizers on the forward wing?
I will be rechecking the numbers tomorrow, but it is quite possible that the fins are even further forward, such as mounted atop the engine housing for that sweet sweet propwash bonus. I had to much about with Stability quite a bit.

(I'll let you in on a little secret: most planes fly using the aerodynamic forces of lift. The JER1 is an aeronautical abomination that the ground repels in self-defense :V )

Okay, I've tentatively got something. Shoutout to @thepsyborg, who's plane, post and annoying to create table I butchered to create this.

This thing is, beyond a doubt, the screwiest plane I have ever made. Not quite the screwiest that we've seen yet, if you count things meant to push the boundaries of the system rather than actually be useful in the quest, but damn close. This is a reverse twin-boom biplane, with a horizontal stabilizer in front of the fuselage, pusher engines at the back of the booms, and farman tails behind them. It also has gull wings for dihedral and so we can build its 16 with wings in our 15 width factory. I make no excuses, this is fucking weird. I named it the "Dagon" because if any plane deserves to be named for a Cthulhu mythos elder god, it is this one, and because I am not good at finding D names.

This thing relies an interesting rules interaction to avoid tanking either stability or drag, while also not going tandem wing:

Rearward​

-2 Pitch Stability. Requires Extended Driveshaft or Farman Tail. Prevents the use of rearward guns or requires sync gears for all by one forward-firing weapon. (represents engines mounted in the center of the aircraft a la the DH2 or P-39.)​
A plane with booms is required to have, at minimum, 4 sections, representing the size of said booms. Engines mounted in booms count as typical tractor or pusher engines, rather than nacelle engines. It also negates the drag penalty of the Farman Tail.

Edit: This also assumes that the removal of the language about being able to mount booms or a farman tail ahead rather than behind doesn't mean that you can't, just that it isn't being specifically pointed out any more. The reference to pusher engines in booms makes me think this is a reasonable assumption.

Dagon
Part Mass Drag Structure Strain Frame Other
CREW              
Pilot, Windscreen 1 2 1     -1 +2 Bail Out
+Connection   1          
Copilot, Windscreen 1 2 1     -1 +2 Bail Out
+Connection   1          
+Copilot Controls 1          
+3 Authority
-1 Flight Stress

"Passengers x15"
Passengers x11
Steward x1
Drinks x2
Bathroom x1
  15       -6  
+Connection   1          
ENGINES              

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #1
Fuselage Rearward Pusher
(left boom)
6 8 4      
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
-2 PSTAB
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23

Radiator, Drag 10
Panel, Low, Glycol
  3 10      
+25 Reliability
(+12/+12, +1 extra)

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #2
Fuselage Rearward Pusher
(right boom)
6 8 4      
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
-2 PSTAB
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23
COVERING & FRAME              
Frame, Wood, Base   3   10      
Moulded Plywood x7 7 7 7 14   7  
Canvas x6     12     6  
Booms             Booooooooms
WINGS              

Fore, Parasol
16m Span, 22m2​ Area
    6   -24   +3 PSTAB
-1 Lift Bleed

Aft, Shoulder
16m Span, 22m2​ Area
    6   -19   +2 PSTAB
+3 Lift Bleed
+1 Authority

Covering: Canvas

Longest Wing Effects             -7 Authority

Extreme Positive Stagger,
Dihedral gull wing

+2 PSTAB
+2 LSTAB
Total Wing Area Drag     22        
STABILIZERS              
Canards     4       -3 PSTAB
Vertical Stabilizer
Duel Farman In Prop-stream
    5       +2 PSTAB
CONTROL SURFACES              
Large Control Surfaces             ICP is top of ICR
Ailerons: Default              
Rudder: Flying             -2 LSTAB
+2 ICR
Elevator: Default              
REINFORCEMENT              
Struts, Wood, x5 5 5 15 25 25   67 Tension
Wires     5   67    
LOAD              
Fuel Tanks, In Fuselage, x6   6       -3  
Fuel, In Fuselage   30         30 Fuel Uses (15/engine)
Microtank x2   2         2 Fuel Uses (1/engine)
Cargo x15
passenger luggage x11
crew luggage x3
mailbag x1
  15       -2  

UPGRADES

Radiator Loop
1           Cabin/cockpit heating
LANDING GEAR              
Conventional fixed     21        

TOTAL 28 109 123 49 49    
Propellor Pitch: Very Fine
Stability 4, Max Strain 28, Toughness 22, Handling 73, Fuel Endurance 16, Max Speed 20, Boost 1, DropOff 6, Stall 12, Ideal Control Range 16-26, Flight Stress 2
  • Price: 28円
  • Payload: 11 passengers, 3 crew, 1 mass luggage per passenger and per crew member, 2 mass drinks/snacks/boxed meals, 1 mass airmail bag
  • Performance: 200kph at sea level, 16 Fuel Uses, 120kph stall, Flight Stress 2
    • With one Streamlining optimization: 210kph at sea level
    • With one Lightening optimization: 110kph stall, Flight Stress 1, Ideal Control Range = 120-240
  • Pro: Not made of paper, bathroom, cabin heat, under budget, positive stability (but not too high!), generous Strain/Toughness, engine Reliability +5, 1 extra Fuel Use, crew luggage allowance, strangest plane yet.
  • Con: Not the fastest plane in the world. Needs Lightening optimization to get back to Flight Stress 1. A little less generous Strain than the Donkey. Perhaps a bit exploity. Strangest plane yet.
Appearance/layout details for @4WheelSword:
This thing is pretty weird. This is a reverse-twin-boom biplane. The booms are long and relatively skinny, with pusher engines, ending far enough forward to count as "rearward" engines rather than pusher for pitch stability purposes. The front of the booms are connected by a horizontal stabilizer, ahead of the main fuselage. The wings are a highly staggered biplane design of equal shape, and are in a bit of a gull-wing shape with a net dihedral effect. The vertical stabilizers are held behind the engines in farman tail style arrangements, and are an all-moving "flying rudder" rather then fin+flap. Radiator (pretty large one) below the front wing, in the center, probably on/in the struts holding the wing to the fuselage, where it can pipe coolant to both engines and into the cabin.

Single wide open cockpit+windscreen in the front of the plane, with the pilots sitting side-by-side, and a (door? hatch? some sort of access) to the interior passenger compartment. Steward's seat and galley at the front of the passenger compartment, water closet at the rear.

Landing gear I leave up to your imagination. There's a case to be made for either tricycle or tail-dragger, depending on how far the fuselage extends back relative to the engines.
Edit: Let's make it a taildragger. For the booms to end far enough forward for that pitch stability, it probably makes sense. The rear wheels probably wouldn't be far enough back if it was tricycle.

I also threw together a version with paper wings and one wing slightly smaller. It is almost identical, except flight stress 1, slightly lower stall speed and a great ideal control range.

Dagon-Paper
CREW              
+Connection   1          
+Connection   1          
+Copilot Controls 1          
+3 Authority
-1 Flight Stress

"Passengers x15"
Passengers x11
Steward x1
Drinks x2
Bathroom x1
  15       -6  
+Connection   1          
ENGINES              

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #1
Fuselage Rearward Pusher
(left boom)
6 8 4      
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
-2 PSTAB
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23

Radiator, Drag 10
Panel, Low, Glycol
  3 10      
+25 Reliability
(+12/+12, +1 extra)

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #2
Fuselage Rearward Pusher
(right boom)
6 8 4      
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
-2 PSTAB
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23
COVERING & FRAME              
Canvas x6     12     6  
WINGS              

Fore, Parasol
16m Span, 22m2​ Area
    6   -24   +3 PSTAB
-1 Lift Bleed

Aft, Shoulder
16m Span, 21m2​ Area
    6   -18   +2 PSTAB
+3 Lift Bleed
+1 Authority

Covering: Paper
Longest Wing Effects             -7 Authority

Extreme Positive Stagger,
Dihedral gull wing

+2 PSTAB
+2 LSTAB
Total Wing Area Drag     21        
STABILIZERS              
Canards     4       -3 PSTAB
Vertical Stabilizer
Duel Farman In Prop-stream
    5       +2 PSTAB
CONTROL SURFACES              
+2 ICR
Elevator: Default              
REINFORCEMENT              
Struts, Wood, x5 5 5 15 25 25   67 Tension
Wires     5   67    
LOAD              
Cargo x15
passenger luggage x11
crew luggage x3
mailbag x1
  15       -2  

UPGRADES

Radiator Loop
LANDING GEAR              

TOTAL 28 99 119 49 50    
Stability 4, Max Strain 31, Toughness 18, Handling 76, Fuel Endurance 16, Max Speed 20, Boost 1, DropOff 6, Stall 11, Ideal Control Range 12-22, Flight Stress 1
  • Payload: 11 passengers, 3 crew, 1 mass luggage per passenger and per crew member, 2 mass drinks/snacks/boxed meals, 1 mass airmail bag
  • Performance: 200kph at sea level, 16 Fuel Uses, 110kph stall, Flight Stress 1
    • With one Streamlining optimization: 210kph at sea level
  • Pro: Bathroom, cabin heat, under budget, positive stability (but not too high!), flight stress 1, lowish stall speed, ICR covers everything above stall speed, generous Strain/Toughness, engine Reliability +5, 1 extra Fuel Use, crew luggage allowance, strangest plane yet.
  • Con: Paper. Not the fastest plane in the world. Perhaps a bit exploity. Strangest plane yet.

Spreadsheet link

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I've also got a very conventional biplane design, but it's 10 kph slower. Though it does have a really good ideal control range by default, so there is that. If people want to see it (or if @4WheelSword wants something less awful to draw) I can post that one too.

Edit: What the hell.

Dromedary
CREW              
+Connection   1          
+Connection   1          
+Copilot Controls 1          
+3 Authority
-1 Flight Stress

"Passengers x15"
Passengers x11
Steward x1
Drinks x2
Bathroom x1
  15       -6  
+Connection   1          
ENGINES              

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #1
In-wing nacelle (left)
6 8 4   -4  
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23

Radiator, Drag 10
Panel, Low, Glycol
  3 10      
+25 Reliability
(+12/+12, +1 extra)

Ogre Z Alpha V-6 #2
In-wing nacelle (right)
6 8 4   -4  
14 Power
5 Fuel Use
Reliability -7(+5)
Overspeed 23
COVERING & FRAME              
Canvas x6     12     6  
WINGS              

Parasol
15m Span, 22m2​ Area
    6   -24   +3 PSTAB
-1 Lift Bleed

Shoulder
15m Span, 22m2​ Area
    6   -19   +2 PSTAB
+3 Lift Bleed
+1 Authority

Covering: Canvas

Longest Wing Effects             -6 Authority

Zero Stagger Biplane

Total Wing Area Drag     22        
STABILIZERS              

Standard
Horizontal Stabilizer

Duel Standard
Vertical Stabilizer
In Prop-stream
CONTROL SURFACES              
+2 ICR
Elevator: Flying             -2 PSTAB
+1 ICR
REINFORCEMENT              
Struts, Wood, x5 5 5 15 25 25   75 Tension
Wires     5   75    
LOAD              
Cargo x15
passenger luggage x11
crew luggage x3
mailbag x1
  15       -2  

UPGRADES

Radiator Loop
LANDING GEAR              

TOTAL 28 109 129 49 51    
Stability 4, Max Strain 30, Toughness 19, Handling 75, Fuel Endurance 16, Max Speed 19, Boost 1, DropOff 6, Stall 12, Ideal Control Range 12-24, Flight Stress 2
  • Performance: 190kph at sea level, 16 Fuel Uses, 120kph stall, Flight Stress 2
    • With one Streamlining optimization: 200kph at sea level, ICR 10-24
    • With one Lightening optimization: 110kph stall, Flight Stress 1
  • Pro: Not made of paper, bathroom, cabin heat, under budget, positive stability (but not too high!), generous Strain/Toughness, engine Reliability +5, 1 extra Fuel Use, crew luggage allowance, great ideal control range, conventional and realistic.
  • Con: Slower than the other designs. Needs Lightening optimization to get back to Flight Stress 1. Boring.
Appearance/layout details for @4WheelSword:
A very conventional biplane, though with higher wings than most, in-wing nacelles and flying control surfaces.

Spreadsheet

Last edited:
I have found that not having the autosheet has been good for developing system mastery. However, with more experience I now want the autosheet because holy cow will that save a lot of work.

Looks like I can get the Dromedary back up to 200kph if I go to paper wings and shrink them a tiny bit to compensate. Not going to post this unless asked because I figure anyone who wants a nice, conservative, conventional design probably doesn't want to give it paper wings.

i think paper wings are also gonna have a pr problem. after all, paper does not suggest reliability.

Back