The lunar alien supercomputer running Hakuno whatshername's war runs on different rules than the Holy Grail of Fuyuki, is my explanation.

Gil seemed extremely cheesed off at the order in Zero ("Tohsaka! You dare command the retreat of a king?") But he still went along with it. So I maintain that Archer class Gilgamesh being able to ignore seals is fanon.

IIRC CCC Gil is more powerful than regular Gil because he wasn't summoned into a Class.

Right... You missed my point, kinda. While Avalon lolnopes everything, the problem is that she herself is kinda inefficient against these two. She needs her strongest ability to even put a dent on one and to seriously injure/kill the other.

Herakles is fully capable of going toe-to-toe with her in close combat due to his extraordinary stats and skills. He can also snipe her via the Nine-Lives: Shooting Hundred Heads while she is unaware. While I don't think he would do it at first encounter because of his personality, after seeing Avalon or Excalibur(she cannot even pierce God Hand without Excalibur and Herakles is not going to sit and wait for Excalibur to be unleashed in his face) he will keep away from her, waiting for a chance to take her out.

Worse case, he may have to take out the master him/herself. Herakles will not like it but considering the shit he has done in his life, simply sniping another Hero or her master won't be the worst thing he did if it is the only way. And didn't Saber used Excalibur on Herakles and the latter survived it?(Heaven's Feel) I didn't read the third route fully due to not liking it but I think I remember something like that. If he is capable of taking that to the face and survive, he is going to be immune to it the second time anyway.

Karna... Karna is easily capable of keeping up with Saber in close quarters. Due to Kavacha and Kundala, she will need to bring out the Excalibur if she wants to take Karna down. Karna will not wait there and take it to the face either. That is the main problem. However I will give it to you that Karna's personality may keep him from going to sniping like Herakles would do in that situation.

Edit: I remember Achilles. He would be the perfect counter against her. He doesn't like Kings and you need Divinity to hurt him. He also is not that bad and actually has the potential to be a very good friend to his master if his master is a ''good person''. He has a soft spot for people he recognizes as good people I think.
No, I'm pretty sure you don't need Divinity to harm Achilles.
You just need to stab him in the heel.

Only if he gets down from his Chariot. And even then, you will need to be faster and more skillfull than him to do it. Considering he has A+ Agility and also a NP that increases his speed even further, it isn't likely that there are many servants that can deal a direct blow to his heel. And even then, how mortal a wound that hits his heel can be if it isn't poisoned? I don't remember Nasu!Achilles having a drawback like ''dying if someone hit his heel''.

Last edited:

As I recall, he kicks Chiron in the face with the "vulnerable" heel at one point, so I'm pretty sure it's not a major weak point compared to being able to penetrate his defense with a higher Divinity score or friendly actions.

In fact, I can't recall the heel being called out as a flaw in his defense at all during the novel.

Nevermind it has to be exposed to use his "super even by Servant standards"speed ability. Otherwise, it is normally armored.

Last edited:
So, if he's slow enough to hit his heel, you wouldn't always reach for it since it's armoured, and if it's exposed he's moving so fast you'll have a hard time seeing it anyway?

Of course, finding a catalyst to summon Achilles is a genuinely hard thing to do...

His perfect defense has a weakness that...he has no reason to ever expose unless he's up against someone divine enough to penetrate said perfect defense anyway.

So, if he's slow enough to hit his heel, you wouldn't always reach for it since it's armoured, and if it's exposed he's moving so fast you'll have a hard time seeing it anyway?

Of course, finding a catalyst to summon Achilles is a genuinely hard thing to do...
Eh, just gotta find a proper tent.

Or some random slave to throw a shitfit about.

Or even a dead best friend in loaned armor!

Bit late but, I figure Tokiomi wanted a second command seal for the "kill yourself" thing to make sure Gilgamesh couldn't take him with him. UBW might have gone a bit differently if Kirei burned his last command seal to make sure Lancer died when he killed himself and all.

Bit late too, but I really liked the flashbacks of Caster's past life they inserted in this episode.

For those who played the VN, was it in the route as well?

I think the dagger in the flashback would have made a fantastic design for Rule Breaker. Simple, elegant, swift.

Scratch that, I wouldn't have minded if they had torn apart the Takeuchi designs from Fate/Zero on and used Kentaro Miura as a basis for Heroic Spirit design.

Man. If Kentaro Miura was involved in the nasuverse, nothing would get done. I mean, its update/release rate is slow enough already.

Yup. Guy draws one of the most gorgeous manga ever. And his medieval clothing/weaponry designs are awesome.

I bet F/Z Caster's monsters would have had a really Lovecraftian, nightmarish design if he'd been involved.
Miura's general themes when designing monsters are dicks and wood lice.

So...not that different from Caster's shit, honestly.

Back