Episode 7 where...

... the arm of a hapless Casters is blown off.

... an awesome Assasin...

... a determined Saber...

... Mahou Shoujo Caster...

... and a smug Archer are seen.

... we see a awesome battle between Archer and Assasin

Last edited:

We also see EMIYA Shirou saving Emiya Shirou.

Who else did notice the Japanese yeti Shinji?

Archer mentiones Innate Time Control when faced with Caster's teleportation, which I found very nice, since...
Archer is Shirou and ITC is Kiritsugu's spell.

Last edited:
Another good episode. The consistent quality of the last few episodes has definitely edged Fate/Stay Night ahead of Log Horizon for me this season.

I especially liked that Archer actually thought about Caster's offer, it was a nice contrast to Shirou's instant refusal. The jaded good versus the youngster's idealism.

You know, it's really convenient that Archer doesn't manage to kill Shirou right then and there. It's really convenient that Assassin is honorable enough not to attack Saber and Shirou when they're in very vulnerable position. Contrast that with Archer letting Caster live, which is perfectly in line with his goals.

@Muphrid
I'm left wondering - would it benefit Archer if Shirou was killed by someone else? Or does he need to kill him himself to fulfil his goals of causing a paradox?

You know, it's really convenient that Archer doesn't manage to kill Shirou right then and there. It's really convenient that Assassin is honorable enough not to attack Saber and Shirou when they're in very vulnerable position. Contrast that with Archer letting Caster live, which is perfectly in line with his goals.

Shirou getting lucky and managing to survive I'll grant you, but what Assassin did is completely in line with his goals and not simple honor. Saber dying of something like her Master getting killed would screw him out of his only wish, which is fair fights with worthy opponents. Kojirou doesn't give a shit about anything else, though I believe the why is spoilers still.

Unless you mean actual convenience instead of sarcastically implying deus ex machina like you seem to be doing. In which case it would be considered conveinent that another character has goals that require Shirou to keep living.

Last edited:
Yes, good thing Archer never used any of his one hit kill abilities like that arrow, or used his inhuman strength to cut Shirou in half, or anything.

Just a casual slash to the back, just shallow enough that it didn't cut anything important and could be safely taken care of with mere bandages. I think his sudden and inevitable betrayal wasn't terribly well thought out.

...Why is everybody assuming that Archer's seriously trying to kill him?

I just realized that the assassin saber fight happens differently than in the VN. In the VN while we don't see the first fight in the second fight it is stated that Assassin could not do the perfet tsubame gaeshi and only did 2 slashes(the horizontal and vertical) allowing saber to dodge. But here he did the perfect move and did all three slashes and she still dodged.

I just realized that the assassin saber fight happens differently than in the VN. In the VN while we don't see the first fight in the second fight it is stated that Assassin could not do the perfet tsubame gaeshi and only did 2 slashes(the horizontal and vertical) allowing saber to dodge. But here he did the perfect move and did all three slashes and she still dodged.
True. I even believe Assassin was only able to do two in the VN due to the higher footing he was on. Been a few years since I've read the VN though, so I could be wrong.

True. I even believe Assassin was only able to do two in the VN due to the higher footing he was on. Been a few years since I've read the VN though, so I could be wrong.
Yeah. Tsubame Gaeshi needs flat ground for the perfect move I believe. It kinda weakens tsubame gaeshi though since apparently even the 3 version is dodgeable when its not in the VN(saber chips his sword to dodge it).

Shall we write it up to VN changes in the anime production or something? I'm doubtful we shall be getting an official explanation.

Back