So what you're saying is that 'prana' was completely made up by the fanbase to sound fancy, and it really is just 'mana'?

Cool.
No, mana is still a separate thing from prana, which itself is just a word given to make "magical energy made from combining energy from the world and energy from inside your body" sound less generic and more fancy, and much less of a mouthful.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that 'prana' was completely made up by the fanbase to sound fancy, and it really is just 'mana'?

Cool.
:facepalm: No, what I'm saying is that "prana" was a made up translation most likely because "magic energy" is a mouthful. I don't know where it originated though, but I do know that mirror moon used "magical energy" and I think Fate/Extra at least used "magic". It's NOT "mana" at least because "mana" was actually used to refer to the Greater Source of magic energy, which is the outside world's.

:facepalm: No, what I'm saying is that "prana" was a made up translation most likely because "magic energy" is a mouthful. I don't know where it originated though, but I do know that mirror moon used "magical energy" and I think Fate/Extra at least used "magic". It's NOT "mana" at least because "mana" was actually used to refer to the Greater Source of magic energy, which is the outside world's.
Prana means "life force" in Sanskrit. I imagine that's where the term comes from: it seems a good match for how human-level magic gets treated.

Who knows where it first came up, though, if it really didn't appear in the original novel. I could have sworn the Deen Anime used the term, though.

Cool.

As everyone else is saying, no.

If you want the term that's usually used in-universe, you could try saying maryoku.

...Except that's literally just Japanese for magical energy/power, and makes no sense as an in-universe term for both what with most organizations of magi considering the Japanese to backwater hicks.

So prana it is, because mana is already taken, and people will think you're talking about something far more specific than what you're talking about if you use mana.

...It says literally nothing about that. That's something Standardized Servant Rankings made up to give the Skill something to do.

It's nifty, but it's not actually supported by canon. Hell, with how expensive Heracles and his A rank Divinity is to power, it's actually got a fairly damning piece of evidence against it.

EDIT: In fact, both Karna and Iskander explicitly run into prana problems, and they have Divinity scores. Karna can't utilize his prana burst to its fullest extent due to the drain on the Master it would cause, and after utilizing Hetairoi, Waver has to take special measures to recharge Iskander by heading back to where they summoned him. The only divine Servants who show any tendency towards carefree expenditure of prana are Archer class.
Wiki says that the higher the Rank of Divinity, the closer you are to being a Divine Spirit and Divine Spirits are supported by the Earth. I read somewhere that high ranks in Divinity do the same thing but at a much much smaller level.

Wiki says that the higher the Rank of Divinity, the closer you are to being a Divine Spirit and Divine Spirits are supported by the Earth. I read somewhere that high ranks in Divinity do the same thing but at a much much smaller level.

You read it from fanon. It's made up, man. Made up because nobody knows what actual concrete effect Divinity has and that sounds slightly reasonable(but all the in-universe evidence of Servants with Divinity scores is against it).

Especially since Divine spirits are primarily supported by human worship, and stop being divine spirts if they don't get it. Servants with Divinity generally have a human(which Gaia hates) at their base, instead of some kind of nature spirit like most 'full' divine spirits.

Why does Gaia hate humans?
Because we're assholes who are going to kill her one day.

She hates us so much that she basically asked the moon to send down it's best killer and told him/her/it to go kill humans, and when she eventually died she called on the other planets to avenge her by doing the same.

Because we're assholes who are going to kill her one day.

She hates us so much that she basically asked the moon to send down it's best killer and told him/her/it to go kill humans, and when she eventually died she called on the other planets to avenge her by doing the same.
I get the feeling that being in the Nasu-verse is generally not fun.

Well, nothing is going against the magic in space since you're not in Gaia's domain, but is there even any mana in space to do magic with?
Well, if you get magic from using one of two energies you wouldn't be able to use the external one. Might be able to use the one people make, Od, for the acts. Don't know of this beyond FSN LN, so my knowledge isn't the best.

My bet is that outside of a Grand Reality Marble, you'd just end up living in your own Reality Marble, which nine nines out of ten billion is going to be a boring Gaia clone.

I'm not sure if you could break your own rules, or what would happen if you have multiple people with different RMs on your spaceship, or, uh, much of anything, honestly.

Well, nothing is going against the magic in space since you're not in Gaia's domain, but is there even any mana in space to do magic with?
There are grains/gin, but I don't think there's anything that uses it other than Black Barrel which is more of an "Anti-Grain" weapon. Besides, it's kind of poisonous.

My bet is that outside of a Grand Reality Marble, you'd just end up living in your own Reality Marble, which nine nines out of ten billion is going to be a boring Gaia clone.

I'm not sure if you could break your own rules, or what would happen if you have multiple people with different RMs on your spaceship, or, uh, much of anything, honestly.

I always assumed that leaving the 'Grand Reality Marble' wouldn't really be a thing that could be done physically.

Just hopping into a spaceship and distancing yourself from this big rock isn't going to cut it. It's a Reality Marble. There are no 'edges' to reach and go beyond.

Even if you reached Mars or something, you'd have to do something exotic or magical or whatever to stop being in 'Mars from the perspective of Earth's Reality Marble' and get to 'Mars, from Mars perspective. The one that actually has Type Mars in it'.

Hence why Mercury looks completely barren instead of covered in alien insanity inducing crystals when using a telescope.

Last edited:

That makes sense actually, If you think about reality the first thing that comes to mind is earth. So if the only reality in existence is your own that's what you would perceive. If a non-mage went into space expecting it to be a vacuum then that's what they would get, if multiple people were in the same space then it'd be whoever believes in reality the most or something. this made more sense in my head

Lancer named his attack as Gáe Bolg during his fight wth Saber. That narrows him down to either Sétanta or Scáthach. It cannot possibly be Scáthach since Lancer is a man and Scáthach is a woman. So Lancer has to be Sétanta, the Hound of Culann.

That would be him.

He's usually referred to as Cu Chulainn, though, rather than the birth name of Setanta.

Also, there's something hilarious to people who already know the series in your post, but I dare not point it out for fear of spoilers.

Last edited:
Back