I am worried about it when Saber somehow pins Berserkers sword in place by placing one foot on it and pressing down.

Superhuman strength straight up does not apply in that situation past a certain point. I don't care how strong Saber is, if she isn't heavy enough that Berserker cannot move her(and he sends her flying around a couple of times), then she has accomplished nothing.

Breaking news!
Special Snowflake Arturia breaks all the "rules" of the setting.

Other stories this hour: Pope suspected to be Catholic, animals of the ursus persuasion typically defecate in forested locales

I am worried about it when Saber somehow pins Berserkers sword in place by placing one foot on it and pressing down.

Superhuman strength straight up does not apply in that situation past a certain point. I don't care how strong Saber is, if she isn't heavy enough that Berserker cannot move her(and he sends her flying around a couple of times), then she has accomplished nothing.
Prana Burst. Also everything was slowed down. Basically what happened is Saber used an upwards oriented Prana Burst to drive Berserker's sword into the ground some more. The split second extra it would take Berserker to take out the sword would be more than enough time for Saber to kill him.

There is apparently a single target Excaliblast (it gets used on Gil in the Fate route). Here is page 13 in the Fate/Zero Materials (it's in Japanese though):
http://i.imgur.com/ZG0fJua.jpg

And here is the CG for it:
http://i.imgur.com/yKGC7VM.png

Basically Excalibur goes like this:
Excalibur < Invisible Air < Golden Excalibur < Excaliblast

The Anti-Unit Excalibur in Zero was because of Saber losing use of one of her hands.

It was downgraded in Rank because she just couldn't do the full thing without both hands working.

Stop making sense, it's just an excuse for us to get this scene! :mad:

The Anti-Unit Excalibur in Zero was because of Saber losing use of one of her hands.

It was downgraded in Rank because she just couldn't do the full thing without both hands working.
It's still an explanation for how Saber killed Berserkules. Also, I just want to remind everyone that in the VN, Archer was the one who scored the kill with Caladbolg with Saber jobbing the whole time. Nasu rewrote canon to make Seibah less shitty.

It's still an explanation for how Saber killed Berserkules. Also, I just want to remind everyone that in the VN, Archer was the one who scored the kill with Caladbolg with Saber jobbing the whole time. Nasu rewrote canon to make Seibah less shitty.

This is the power of Charisma Rank B.

In retellings, your accomplishments get inflated and the accomplishments of no name heroes like Archer diminish.

...In other words, ufotable loves it some Seibah.

I don't think Archer scored a kill in the VN. He just forced Herc to block which still impressed Illya since Herc just ignored and steamrolled through pretty much everything else during that fight.

it does come out sounding kind of weird though. Saber cuts Herc in half and is now boring? Archers nuclear attack arrow does no noticeable damage, and he's interesting now?

it does come out sounding kind of weird though. Saber cuts Herc in half and is now boring? Archers nuclear attack arrow does no noticeable damage, and he's interesting now?
Herc didn't feel threatened by Saber at all, but he decided to drop his offense and defend against Archer. Considering the state of Herc's body in Fate after his fight with Archer

His body is dyed in red and filled with holes.
There is no place on the giant's body that is not wounded.

First, both his legs are almost melted.
Second, there is the mark of a cut on his neck.
Third, his arm is barely hanging from his elbow.
Fourth, he is slashed from his shoulder to his groin.
Fifth, a large amount of blood is gushing out from his chest.
Sixth, his internal organs can be seen at his stomach.
Berserker does not move.
It is only natural.
It is a corpse, no matter how one looks at it.

Wounds that are not fatal will be fully healed within few minutes.
But restoring everything would take three days.

"I can't wait that long! It's fine, we're going to go kill them right now!"
" "
Comparing that state to how Berserker just regened from Excalibur that fast, Archer's Caladbolg could have dealt more damage if unblocked than the weakened Excalibur blast. Actively blocking the Caladbolg was a testament to its(and by extension Archer's) power that Illya acknowledged.

At least, this what I'm settling for. Herc did try to block IA in this ep, but since Illya didn't even acknowledge that, I'm just going to go ignore that. For the sake of my peace of mind.

Well, Saber had only one sword, and you know how they are compared to arrows; not to mention how many missiles Archer fired. She certainly can''t go for double penetration like Archer can.

Back