Prana Burst is a skill to boost attack, defense, and speed, not an attack itself. So the attack shouldn't be A-Rank.
Theres a lot of weird stuff going on with god hand. For example, if someone has A rank strength and attacks him with a weapon will it do damage? Or if someone has an A rank sword but only B rank strength and are purely using the sword. Or if hes attacked by someone not using an A rank weapon or has an A rank strength, but has an A rank skill that is being used. Basically it depends on what A rank god hand is checking against.

People seem to be forgetting that Saber has an A-Rank sword under Invisible Air.
No we're not. We all saw what that did when she unsheathed it. My problem was that she was making Herc Bleed when she was basically attacking him with a scabbard(granted a magical one that's made of wind) with B-rank Strength(which already includes Prana Burst) when Herc's supposed to Negate attacks of that Rank and below.

Is there any proof that Invisible Air weakens Excalibur's blows?

Theres a lot of weird stuff going on with god hand. For example, if someone has A rank strength and attacks him with a weapon will it do damage? Or if someone has an A rank sword but only B rank strength and are purely using the sword. Or if hes attacked by someone not using an A rank weapon or has an A rank strength, but has an A rank skill that is being used. Basically it depends on what A rank god hand is checking against.
B-Rank Strength, C-Rank scabbard/weapon. Unless that stuff stacks, then i have no idea how it gets past God Hand.

B-Rank Strength, C-Rank scabbard/weapon. Unless that stuff stacks, then i have no idea how it gets past God Hand.
The skill used is A rank though. So if it checks against the highest rank in an attack(everything being used to attack which includes prana burst) then the attack was A rank. For example what if someone has throwing daggers as an A rank skill(I know the highest we see is B rank). The daggers may be low rank, the strenght stat is probably low rank, but the daggers are thrown as an A rank skill. Will the A rank skill of throwing daggers pierce god hand.

Last edited:
Do the fine details really matter that much if the story being told is well done? It's not like any of this has been mentioned so far in the show.

Do the fine details really matter that much if the story being told is well done? It's not like any of this has been mentioned so far in the show.

Like someone has said before Fate series is like a glorified vs debate. Anyone from SV or SB would be insane not to try and debate this. Hell if they didn't find problems with it I would have to take away their Debate card.

Edit: I do think you are right. The story is more important and the people who care about the fine details of the fight are few and far between. In reality most people will think "Fuck it Saber is badass so with enough skill while using a badass sword she should give Berserker a flesh wound or two."

Even most long time typemoon fans probably won't obsess over the ranks. Some will but most are going to enjoy the fight scenes and the story.

Last edited:
The skill used is A rank though. So if it checks against the highest rank in an attack(everything being used to attack which includes prana burst) then the attack was A rank.
Rank of a Skill doesn't necessarily translate to the Rank of an Attack.
Is there any proof that Invisible Air weakens Excalibur's blows?
It's a sheath that's meant to disguise Excalibur, including supressing the Holy Light stuff that let Saber kill Herc this ep.
EDIT: Escalibur w/IA is stated to have an attack of 80-90, unsheathed it's 1000. TBH I have no idea what to make of this.

IA boosts cutting power but supresses the Holy Light stuff, which itself boosts the power even more?
Excalibur<Invisible Aircalibur<Golden glowycalibur

We have been given canon parameters and skills that involve said stuff. Stats, Ranks, Skills, and such are all given. Compatability is also given. Fate is a Vs. bait.

EDIT: Currently looking through this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49crU71miHObWRvV2tDUllYTjQ/edit and asking around.

Last edited:
That. freakin. animation.

Love the additions from ufotable, though I think the Kirei/Gil scene breaks the flow of the battle.

I am a bit disappointed with the music - it's good, but not to the level of the animation (I dislike the soundtrack that accompanies Berserker for example).

That. freakin. animation.

Love the additions from ufotable, though I think the Kirei/Gil scene breaks the flow of the battle.

I am a bit disappointed with the music - it's good, but not to the level of the animation (I dislike the soundtrack that accompanies Berserker for example).
Yeah, the soundtrack is kinda underwhelming so far.

I liked this episode. The callback to Zero was nice, with the new scene of Rin VS Illya. The transforming bird familiar were surprising.

I liked how Shirou recognized Archer's sword arrows by looking at the remains of one, and was somehow able to detect when Archer was about to shoot another one. Side effect of who Archer is?

But if that's the only explanation for the events that happened then wouldn't it be sensible in this case to assume that it did translate?
Not if she never made him bleed with just IA and prana burst in the source.

Eh, I give up. I have no idea, I'll just wait for new extra material to see if this gets explained. In the meantime I'll just look around.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that this glaring inconsistency won't be explained in extra material.

Mostly because it's so unimportant I can't believe it was even mentioned.

by the way, does anyone know how many episodes is this show going to have? since its being split into 2 cours and all, I was just wondering.

Let's be fair, Shirou was never sexist. Just... sword.

Sword don't care about their own well-being. If you break a sword to save a human's life, well, that's no great loss. Even if the human is a Servant that'll only be around for two weeks. Especially if you happen to love that human.

I guess you missed the continual "but you're a woman, you can't fight!" lines. There's a reason it's called Fate/Stay in the Kitchen at times. He was sexist as hell to Saber and it constantly grated on me.

I like all the little nods to continuity. Puts certain lines in a much more interesting/humorous context.

"Who are you?"
"Shirou."
"K."
"Emiya Shirou."
"..."
"... I'm gonna call you Shirou. I like how that sounds."

The pause made the scene.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the continual "but you're a woman, you can't fight!" lines. There's a reason it's called Fate/Stay in the Kitchen at times. He was sexist as hell to Saber and it constantly grated on me.

I suppose you never read the VN? Only watched the anime?

I never watched the anime, but his inner dialogue on the VN made it pretty obvious that he didn't really believe that, he was just looking for an excuse to keep Saber from harm.

He never said that to Rin for example, and he never does anything like that in the other routes, just Fate, where he is in his most stupid.

I suppose you never read the VN? Only watched the anime?

I never watched the anime, but his inner dialogue on the VN made it pretty obvious that he didn't really believe that, he was just looking for an excuse to keep Saber from harm.

He never said that to Rin for example, and he never does anything like that in the other routes, just Fate, where he is in his most stupid.

That's what I've been told by my friend who played/read the VN and got me watching any of this initially. We all actually started watching the current one on his word last night. He brought cookies and beer.

The only thing I'm liable to call bullshit on in the Berserker fight is Saber's newfound super-clinging powers.

How exactly was she supposed to stop Berserker from bringing his axe-sword up again? She only weighs 42kg.

That's less than a sixth of Berserker's weight. The Berserker with A+ Strength.

That should have resulted in nothing more than her flying straight up.

The only thing I'm liable to call bullshit on in the Berserker fight is Saber's newfound super-clinging powers.

How exactly was she supposed to stop Berserker from bringing his axe-sword up again? She only weighs 42kg.

That's less than a sixth of Berserker's weight. The Berserker with A+ Strength.

That should have resulted in nothing more than her flying straight up.
...You are talking about supernatural warriors who can send themselves flying at supersonic speeds and break all the laws of physics on a regular basis, and you are questioning their weight. Really?

...You are talking about supernatural warriors who can send themselves flying at supersonic speeds and break all the laws of physics on a regular basis, and you are questioning their weight. Really?

I am worried about it when Saber somehow pins Berserkers sword in place by placing one foot on it and pressing down.

Superhuman strength straight up does not apply in that situation past a certain point. I don't care how strong Saber is, if she isn't heavy enough that Berserker cannot move her(and he sends her flying around a couple of times), then she has accomplished nothing.

Back