i just watched episode 3

i feel like i need a cigarette because holy shit i think that animation and choreography just skullfucked my brains out

but. like. in a good way.

It was worth the wait. It was totally worth the wait. Oh Ufotable, how could I ever have doubted you?

Awesome! I had high hopes for this fight, and Ufotable did not disappoint. And it was great to see Illya actually get to kick some ass, too.

I assume they got tired of lining their office space with yen bills from Zero.

Er, did Zero actually make them a lot of money? IDK why they could put so much effort into this anime otherwise.
I think I read somewhere that they needed to sell over 8000 DVDs of Zero to start turning a profit on it?

I think I read somewhere that they needed to sell over 8000 DVDs of Zero to start turning a profit on it?

They made a bit more than five times that in the first week of sales for the first half of the box set.

Their financial success was never in question. They possess a revenue stream estimated to be at a number swiftly approaching "yes".

To contextualize this, they surpassed records that were last set by Kyoto Animation, long thought the kings of serial animation. They've basically glared down from their throne towards KyoAni and whispered:

So, just got caught up on Fate Stay Night. The currently airing one.

I'm loving it. Instead of being a sexist clueless dumbass Shirou actually comes off as a normal person. He even tried to stand up to Shinji, and he failed, but he tried rather than being a clueless stooge. The whole time I was like "my god, he's actually kind of likable now, every thing is different now." The events from Rin's perspective in episode 0 were also quite good in my opinion.

And it's ufotable, so I could go on about the glorious production quality, but it's been said.

Last edited:
Let's be fair, Shirou was never sexist. Just... sword.

Sword don't care about their own well-being. If you break a sword to save a human's life, well, that's no great loss. Even if the human is a Servant that'll only be around for two weeks. Especially if you happen to love that human.

I am kinda annoyed at Saber making Herc bleed with just Invisible Air. Really annoyed actually.

People seem to be forgetting that Saber has an A-Rank sword under Invisible Air.

Back