Sickly Tohno Shiki was buff as well.
Ciel notes that he's actually well toned. And Shiki isn't exactly sickly, he just has occasional attacks of people stealing his life force.
So with here dragon core, could she do Independent Action like Gil and supply herself with mana, depending on class summoned as and skills picked?
No, Saber still needs an anchor to the world and a constant bit of magical energy to ignite her core so it keeps functioning.

Do you guys think Goetia's Light Bands could completely destroy Nrvnqsr Chaos?

Last edited:
Do you guys think Goetia's Light Bands could completely destroy Nrvnqsr Chaos?
No in fact I think he would entirely absorb the 410 billion Excaliburs worth of energy and use it to reproduce the 72 Ars Goetia in their fullest from the primordial whatsisface inside him and then he would supplant Goetia and become the 8th Beast and devour the entire Fate subfranchise for the crime of killing Tsukihime.

So with here dragon core, could she do Independent Action like Gil and supply herself with mana, depending on class summoned as and skills picked?
Vanilla VN Saber only corresponds to the one class. That's why the ones in different classes need crazy explanations. Independent Action is a skill that affects the spiritual core—whereas a normal Servant would be destabilized to the point of dissipation if their magical energy is low, Archer would merely astralize. A Servant solely depends on magical energy extant in their body because Nature does not allow them to access mana. Complete Material III covers this skill.

Canonically, Saber only needs a little from the Master, but Shirō does not have a karmic connection to her (something all masters and familiars have). As such, he is not acting as normal anchor and she will disappear over time. Fate/stay night Part #32 - Funny clothes / Saber's circumstances

Chyuu or APEX, I think. FMF is for memes, if I remember BL discussion right.

APEX are quicker, Chyuu look at Netflix's JP subtitles for the ep to make sure they have it all right.
I think I've already seen FMF, yes, pretty memetic lol. But I don't knoq if the other one I'm watching is Chyuu or APEX, it has a red font if that is any clue.
A Servant solely depends on magical energy extant in their body because Nature does not allow them to access mana.
Where are you getting this from? I think I've seen it before but cannot remember. Wait, don't bother, I've found it. Day 4 talk with Rin. :redface:

Last edited:
Apropos of nothing, from @Bludflag's linked translation of bits of CCC:

Reiu said:
"......Hakuno.
Unfortunately, there is no seasoning in my vault that can make this palatable.

There is, however, an herb that can ready your stomach,
though it has the drawback of causing permanent ageusia upon consumption...
Well?"

Gilgamesh...
Thank you. Your thoughtfulness stills my trembling.

But I must vanquish this by my own hand...I mean mouth.

After all, Elizabeth prepared these dishes for Kishinami Hakuno.

I understand that an arduous battle awaits me.
That's why, when the day comes that I finish this meal―――
won't you come home with me to the countryside
and marry me?

"I applaud your resolve.

Now best that fate of death (read: death flag) that you have set up yourself."

:rofl:

Apropos of nothing, from @Bludflag's linked translation of bits of CCC:

:rofl:

Fate Extella/Materials said:
Hakuno Kishinami
Speciality: (Female) Persistence/(Male)Mental Durability.

——. My body's suddenly gotten lighter. It seems my stomach has completely vanished. Fortunately, my sense of pain isn't functioning that well. I just feel gross, like I've turned into a skeleton-monster. Though with my body being lighter, I'll be able to walk faster, which is nice.

From here.

I'm pretty sure Hakuno thinks surrender is a kind of food their original body had an intense dislike to. Really, setting up death flags is just them trying to feel some challenge.

Oh, yeah, I don't know who here follows Foxtail, but we have now seen all five of BB's Alter Egos.

Unrelatedly, it shouldn't need to be mentioned so late into the game, but the World / Word for Episode 1:
西欧財閥Western European Conglomerate

レオナルド・ビスタリオ・ハーウェイを筆頭とした経済団体。
The economic entity to which Leonard Bistario Harwey serves as a head.
EXTRA世界における地上の王。
The king of the terrestrial world within the World of Extra.
西暦2030年、レオナルドは聖杯を手に入れるべく月の聖杯戦争に参加した。
In AD 2030, Leonard participated in the Grail War of the Moon for the sake of obtaining the Holy Grail.​
Meanwhile, World / Word 04:
西暦3020年・AD 3020

本作品における現在の年。
The year wherein the present work is set.
SE.RA.PH崩壊から約1,000年。
Roughly 1,000 years since the collapse of Se.Ra.Ph.
地上の人口は10万をきり、じき滅亡域に到達する。
The terrestrial population is no more than 100,000, and has entered unto the domain of extinction.
文明圏を維持することが人の証であると仮定すると、
If, hypothetically, the matter of the maintenance of civilization corresponds to the existence of a testament to Man,
SE.RA.PHにいるマスターが最後の人類。
then the Masters present within Se.Ra.Ph were the last of the Humans.
そしてSE.RA.PHが崩壊すると人類は宇宙から消えることになる。
With the collapse of Se.Ra.Ph, Man will have departed from the Universe.​
Last Encore began in AD 2030. The previous episode gives that the current year is AD 3020. However, the current episode has Rani state that 999 years have passed since the collapse of Se.Ra.Ph. By basic arithmetic, it should actually be AD 3029, if we presume that the collapse was simultaneous to Leonard's participation.

Unless the collapse was prior?

Last edited:
So, at some point someone had a really good post about how all the Servants in the Fifth Grail War ended up meeting ends that matched their legends, pretty much, and I can't find it. Not even sure if it was here, on SB, or even over on BL. Anyone remember it?

It's old news, but the title of Muramasa's version of EMIYA is:

エミヤ ~無元の剣製~
EMIYA ~Bladeworks Without Origin~

無元の剣製 is "Mugen no Kensei," which sounds like the 無限の剣製 of "the Unlimited Creation of Swords." However, 元 (gen) means "origin / beginning / basis / foundation"; whereas 限 (gen) means "limit / end / restriction / boundary."

Last edited:
So I'm reading Mary Shelly's novel, and now I know why Fran-chan's NP is called the Blasted Tree. It sees that the peeps at TYPE-MOON really did their research with this one.

Frankenstein Chapter 1 said:
When I was about fifteen years old we had retired to our house near Belrive, when we witnessed a most violent and terrible thunderstorm. It advanced from behind the mountains of Jura, and the thunder burst at once with frightful loudness from various quarters of the heavens. I remained, while the storm lasted, watching its progress with curiosity and delight. As I stood at the door, on a sudden I beheld a stream of fire issue from an old and beautiful oak which stood about twenty yards from our house; and so soon as the dazzling light vanished, the oak had disappeared, and nothing remained but a blasted stump. When we visited it the next morning, we found the tree shattered in a singular manner. It was not splintered by the shock, but entirely reduced to thin ribbons of wood. I never beheld anything so utterly destroyed.

Before this I was not unacquainted with the more obvious laws of electricity. On this occasion a man of great research in natural philosophy was with us, and excited by this catastrophe, he entered on the explanation of a theory which he had formed on the subject of electricity and galvanism, which was at once new and astonishing to me. All that he said threw greatly into the shade Cornelius Agrippa, Albertus Magnus, and Paracelsus, the lords of my imagination; but by some fatality the overthrow of these men disinclined me to pursue my accustomed studies. It seemed to me as if nothing would or could ever be known. All that had so long engaged my attention suddenly grew despicable. By one of those caprices of the mind which we are perhaps most subject to in early youth, I at once gave up my former occupations, set down natural history and all its progeny as a deformed and abortive creation, and entertained the greatest disdain for a would-be science which could never even step within the threshold of real knowledge. In this mood of mind I betook myself to the mathematics and the branches of study appertaining to that science as being built upon secure foundations, and so worthy of my consideration.

Chapter 19 said:
I enjoyed this scene, and yet my enjoyment was embittered both by the memory of the past and the anticipation of the future. I was formed for peaceful happiness. During my youthful days discontent never visited my mind, and if I was ever overcome by ennui, the sight of what is beautiful in nature or the study of what is excellent and sublime in the productions of man could always interest my heart and communicate elasticity to my spirits. But I am a blasted tree; the bolt has entered my soul; and I felt then that I should survive to exhibit what I shall soon cease to be—a miserable spectacle of wrecked humanity, pitiable to others and intolerable to myself.

The electrical aspect is probably taken from the first, though the name is from the second.

Have you ever wanted to read every single terrible Fate fanon ever, melded into a single story?

Hold The Heavens

I take no responsibility for the contents of this link.
That funny represents a screaming face.
Grue said:
Why does sheathing Excalibur instantly full heal. SINO. All five True Magics in one man. Can defeat ORT. All in Chapter One.

My eyes.
(Don't read the reviews.)
I forgot to mention a complete failure to even look up characters on the wiki.

Have you ever wanted to read every single terrible Fate fanon ever, melded into a single story?

Hold The Heavens

• Author has to state what POV it is
  • Excalibur traced by Shirou literally less than a hundred words in.
  • Literally using all true magics in a less than five hundred words and also summoning EA

Why can't anyone use someone from fate that's isn't Shirou. Maybe because writing Tohsaka would be really hard for some.

Hold The Heavens

Why?

Just. Why.

• Author has to state what POV it is
  • Excalibur traced by Shirou literally less than a hundred words in.
  • Literally using all true magics in a less than five hundred words and also summoning EA

Why can't anyone use someone from fate that's isn't Shirou. Maybe because writing Tohsaka would be really hard for some.

At a guess, identification with Shirou is easier on the writer, since he's a guy.

Weirdly enough, portraying Rin as some ridiculously overpowered badass would actually make more sense - she's a genius magus, a student of the Second Magician, a highly trained martial artist... Shirou just makes a desolate wasteland with a bunch of sharp objects in it - and has to cheat by interacting with a future version of himself that already has it.

Back