I think he was saying it makes Ea more impressive when Shirou threw literally evereythiing and the kitchen sink at Ea and none of it slowed the attack down in the slightest.
IIRC there was also a really cool shattered glass effect as Ea ripped UBW a new one and shattered it, which the movie also lacked.

Incidentally, according to some sort of material booklet that came with the movie, Cu-Kayneth would have won against Shirou if he'd used Gae Bolg normally, but he focused on his own magic because Kayneth.

It was way more impressive in the manga, iirc, because what happened was that Shirou threw all his swords at Ea... and it did all of jack and shit.
Well it bought enough time for Shirou's wish to be granted and weakened the blast enough that he didn't die once Miyu was gone. Plus it gave him the opportunity to give that one-liner comparing Ea's power to his imouto's happiness and isn't that what winning is all about.

Card servants are stated to basically be ranked down everywhere. Otherwise Prillya isn't really official/doesn't really cross into normal Nasu.

The author does answer a lot of questions in his blog, and his stuff conceptually works out pretty well.

The politeness comment isn't limited to a single person (looking back, that seemed like it was aimed at you from context; apologies) nor have I called you a troll. When it comes to available resources, did I not ask whether I got the thing you were looking for in Kotomine's setting details? I believe I've tried being approachable and nonjudgmental despite no one I've talked to speaking in your favor.

My approach isn't perfect or always effective, but I can say I tried. If you feel contemn for me and take me to be hypocritical about asking for polite discourse, then there's nothing much I can add. After all, that was significantly more effort than I usually manage with politeness.

E: Not guilt tripping, I just feel that you're okay if abrasive when people can't follow your thought process. Knowing how hard it can be to deal with that, I did what I could. If my best isn't enough, then so be it; I can't change everyone's opinion of you.
My comment wasn't directly aimed you personally, but to all people on this thread on a general sense. I have noticed you have been one of the users not to treat me so badly from the times we've debated.

The Summer, Halloween, Brave and so on variants of Servant are canon, right? Yet also not something I could see being summoned outside of Chaldea's summoning system, due to HGW normally being restricted to just Saber/Archer/Lancer/Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker. In that sense, would Summer Tamamo normally end up a Lancer, due to wielding a closed beach umbrella in her Summer incarnation? Or would she be some other Class?

This is assuming she'd be summoned in a grail which permits it, of course, such as Extra's. I'm aware the Fuyuki system prevents it due to her Japanese nature.

The Summer, Halloween, Brave and so on variants of Servant are canon, right? Yet also not something I could see being summoned outside of Chaldea's summoning system, due to HGW normally being restricted to just Saber/Archer/Lancer/Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker. In that sense, would Summer Tamamo normally end up a Lancer, due to wielding a closed beach umbrella in her Summer incarnation? Or would she be some other Class?

This is assuming she'd be summoned in a grail which permits it, of course, such as Extra's. I'm aware the Fuyuki system prevents it due to her Japanese nature.
If I understand things right, yes. and kinda no?

Like, artoria will never realistically be an archer due to a water gun, but I'm think she could maaaaybe still qualify for archer class.

So It may be canon in that it could happen, but I don't think you would ever actually summon the summer versions, since those are normal heroic spirits who's saint graphs have been tampered with: Ex summer 2 was scathath messing with them.

Saber Artoria seems to get a good amount of respect, from many of the writers most of the time, much of the fandom, and in universe.

It makes sense many would view her as strong and reliable as a protagonist. Narratively the story seems to treat her with respect, most of the time. And treat her as a relatively strong, powerful force to much of the setting, with her having a chance against even enemies that seem to have her as an underdog.

However, how strong is she without using mana to boost her abilities?

I've seen some portray Artoria as rather weak without a mana burst, weaker then normal humans. Having trouble lifting small barbell or grocery bags.
Which doesn't make much sense to me. Even if she used mana burst, shouldn't just lifting a swinging a sword give her some strength training even if she did no formal strength training or skill training? Unless the mana burst interfered with strength being built that way.

Though I've seen some say human Artoria is much stronger the Servant Artoria as well.

Saber Artoria seems to get a good amount of respect, from many of the writers most of the time, much of the fandom, and in universe.

It makes sense many would view her as strong and reliable as a protagonist. Narratively the story seems to treat her with respect, most of the time. And treat her as a relatively strong, powerful force to much of the setting, with her having a chance against even enemies that seem to have her as an underdog.

However, how strong is she without using mana to boost her abilities?

I've seen some portray Artoria as rather weak without a mana burst, weaker then normal humans. Having trouble lifting small barbell or grocery bags.
Which doesn't make much sense to me. Even if she used mana burst, shouldn't just lifting a swinging a sword give her some strength training even if she did no formal strength training or skill training? Unless the mana burst interfered with strength being built that way.

Though I've seen some say human Artoria is much stronger the Servant Artoria as well.
As far as I can remember, I think something in the original VN stated that without her using her Mana Burst, Saber was about as weak as a regular 16 year old girl. I don't think it's been brought up since, because it doesn't really make sense that she's nearly the only exception for something like that.

As far as I can remember, I think something in the original VN stated that without her using her Mana Burst, Saber was about as weak as a regular 16 year old girl. I don't think it's been brought up since, because it doesn't really make sense that she's nearly the only exception for something like that.
There was a bit about how Saber Alter's strength was from mana burst not muscle in the prologue IIRC.

That was always kinda silly even back in Stay Night, made only more silly by the multitude of slim female servants with decent strength stats in the series since then, without some particular skill to explain it.

She's a normal girl without prana burst.

The thing is when you're a dragon you're a non-stop jet engine.
HER BODY IS JUST SO GROTESQUELY MUSCLED

SO BUFF AND SWOLE IT'S NOT EVEN FEMININE

IIRC, Nasu said something along the lines of Saber's Mana Burst being a service for the male audience of the game, justifying the state of her body despite her strength. He also said something about different Servants having different justifications for their Parameters.

Last edited:
"Guys won't crank it to a buff Amazon."

Weak. Foolish. Cowardly. Short-sighted. Perish for your insolence, mushroom.
Do guys find the amazon introduced in FGO appealing? As I understand it people are attracted to a wide range of body types, and 'fit girl' seems like something common enough?

Penthesilea's Bond 5 said:
She unconsciously refuses to manifest as the "complete incarnation of beauty" from her later years.
As that form was what produced her greatest humiliation, it is seen as "that age holding such beauty is not me at my prime".
But supposing, the grown-up version of herself from the Trojan War (generally 5-10 years later in terms of human body age) is summoned, it is believed that she can manifest in the Lancer, Archer, and even Rider classes.
She can come back later.

As I understand it Saber doesn't look muscular because Takeuchi didn't want to draw her that way, because I guess even then he'd awakened to his origin. Waifuism, not even once, etc. However Nasu's text is kind of back and forth on her athleticism. On one hand Saber talks like her brother made her swing a sword every day and that she goes jogging in plate armour, on the other Shirou is like 'I reckon Rin could beat her in an arm wrestle.'

Choose your own adventure.

Back