Question, have the aes sídhe been mentioned in TM at all so far? If not, do you think they would they be a phantasmal species of their own, or would they just fall under the general scope of "faeries"?

Reread my question properly, jackass. I didn't ask why Saber's sword is invisible, I asked if Alter's still is, because it can be clearly seen in the sprites and CGs, despite the fact that Shirou once said it was invisible.

Ye edited your post.

So of course the question differs.

Still no real point to it however.

So, what was the point of asking the question in the first place?
I mean, you clearly already know that it was some sort of contradiction between text and artwork on Type-Moon's part.
What was it that you hoped to obtain from the people who attempted to answer your question?
The grounds to rightly call them out for being wrong about whatever?
Why do you keep being so antagonistic? No, I was hoping to obtain some sort of explanation for the incoherence between the lore and the art, but it now seems clear there is none, thank you very much.

What are all the mentions of non-Noble Phantasm things that are equivalent or comparable to or become Noble Phantasms? I remember things endowed concepts by Shakespeare, the things that Lancelot grabs and recognizes as weapons, Rama's other weapons and that's it. Are there more?

Last edited:
Why do you keep being so antagonistic?
Because:
Also, how did Drake kick Poisedon's ass?
As far as I recall, Drake jacked the Grail when Poseidon wasn't looking. To be fair, avoiding someone who's on the level of a global catastrophe while stealing from them is what I'd do.
Really? I'm reading Okeanos and she said that she kicked his ass.
Bludflag answered off the top of his head, in good faith. He happened not to recall that the text in that one scene stated she defeated Poseidon. In order to actually answer your question, he would've had to possess access to or recollection of materials unavailable to you.
Saber Alter's sword isn't invisible right? Because I'm rereading Sparks Liner High and Shirou says it is, lol.
Invisible Air is a wind magic Arturia herself learned to conceal Excalibur, it's not something inherent to the sword. Saber Alter choosing to not hide her sword is part of her personality.
Why are you telling me something I already know? lol.
You really should stop asking questions if you know the answers ;p
Reread my question properly, jackass. I didn't ask why Saber's sword is invisible, I asked if Alter's still is, because it can be clearly seen in the sprites and CGs, despite the fact that Shirou once said it was invisible.
Seihai-kun answered off the top of his head in good faith, without being aware that the CG contradicts the text. He wasn't able to infer this from your question, and he didn't possess immediate access to the relevant scene. In order to properly answer the question, he would've had to possess access to information from Nasu that isn't known to you.

The existence of the contradiction may or may not have been addressed by Nasu; it isn't a matter of common knowledge. However, even if Nasu happened to have addressed it at some point, it wouldn't be reasonable to presume that there was actually any explanation beyond "oops, we goofed."

Ergo, because Seihai-kun isn't perfectly aware of material that you yourself do not have access to, his answer is to be met with dismissal.

The majority of the questions you pose are delivered from a position of relatively high familiarity with the available canon:
How powerful are the oni in F/GO compared to the hybrids in Tsukihime? Do they also have special powers like them?
Why don't Casters have the Magic Resistance Skill?
How strong are the Demon God Pillars? Are they stronger than Servants, than Fafnir?
Why did Roman keep saying that the 72 Demon Gods didn't exist? Didn't he know how they looked like?
Authority vs Magic. Which one wins?
Good faith answers that don't provide citation of information unavailable to you typically get met with the same sort of dismissiveness -- even as the condition that "there is no further available information that provides a canonical answer to your question" is situation normal.

Hence:
When somebody supplies an answer, more than once you've come back with a, "Really? But I just read <insert primary source>, and it disagrees with you. Look, here's the quote." In which case, I don't really understand why you're asking in the first place.

I mean, you've demonstrated more than a passing familiarity with the readily available sources of information. The majority of the questions you ask don't have an answer within said sources; and therefore it should be reasonable to conclude that there probably isn't an answer within the general body of sources available to the English-speaking audience. Therefore, if anyone supplies you with an answer, it would either be a) from a source that isn't yet translated, or happens to be incredibly obscure; or b) something you can call out as being bullshit.

Knowing this -- and given precisely how much work would be required to supply totally new information -- why are you asking?
Because -- speaking as somebody who has supplied a large number of responses to you in good faith -- it's difficult to continue to presume good faith on your part when you appear to consistently dismiss replies absent of sources unfamiliar to you as invalid responses, regardless of the good faith of the responders.

Last edited:
Though I recall some of his questions being good at making me think and go through canon like the Kotomine stuff or formulas and their shape, so it's not all that bad at times.

Would be nice if there was more politeness included IMO.

Last edited:
Oh, so you want politeness from me? The guy all of you people keep calling a troll, telling others to ignore and outright dismissing me just because I happen to be banned from BL and the fact that I like to discuss other shit besides the current episode of Apocrypha, Last Encore, the damned game mechanics of F/GO (thanks the heavens that shit is out now) or random cutesy pics on the web.

You want politeness when I'm given an answer to a question I didn't ask and people tell me to not ask questions about things I already know even though I didn't ask that shit in the first place.

If I ask for sources unavailable to me is because when I DO ask for things from sources that ARE AVAILABLE to me, you know what they answer me with? "The sources are available, look them out for yourself". It's frigging impossible with you people!

Last edited:
Wow, people treat you like you're some kind of asshole after you spend all of your time acting like an asshole. It's almost like they have some kind of...memories, or something.
When have I ever acted like an asshole?

Also, guys, have you looked at Scathach's design in Extella? She finally looks like her own character instead of just a rip off of Aoko!

Last edited:
Well I watched the fights from the Prillya movie. And trust me, that would not be noteworthy in the slightest ordinarily, but for this one bit at the veeeery end;

Angelica decides she's had enough of Shirou's shit and draws Ea to just blast him to kingdom come. Shirou concedes that there's absolutely no Noble Phantasm equal to that sword in existence... SO IMMA THROW ALL OF MINE AT IT DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And he literally, no-shit

Gets in a beam-lock

Of fuckin' UBW-standard projected swords

vs Ea

and it works for almost ten straight seconds

I thought Illya beam-locking Ea with Ruby was bad enough but this was just the silliest shit in the universe and I had to share it.

Well I watched the fights from the Prillya movie. And trust me, that would not be noteworthy in the slightest ordinarily, but for this one bit at the veeeery end;

Angelica decides she's had enough of Shirou's shit and draws Ea to just blast him to kingdom come. Shirou concedes that there's absolutely no Noble Phantasm equal to that sword in existence... SO IMMA THROW ALL OF MINE AT IT DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gets in a beam-lock

vs Ea

I thought Illya beam-locking Ea with Ruby was bad enough but this was just the silliest shit in the universe and I had to share it.
C'mon dingo boy. We all know that anime bends to the rule of cool, and Fate is certainly no exception.

Oh, so you want politeness from me? The guy all of you people keep calling a troll, telling others to ignore and outright dismissing me just because I happen to be banned from BL and the fact that I like to discuss other shit besides the current episode of Apocrypha, Last Encore, the damned game mechanics of F/GO (thanks the heavens that shit is out now) or random cutesy pics on the web.

You want politeness when I'm given an answer to a question I didn't ask and people tell me to not ask questions about things I already know even though I didn't ask that shit in the first place.

If I ask for sources unavailable to me is because when I DO ask for things from sources that ARE AVAILABLE to me, you know what they answer me with? "The sources are available, look them out for yourself". It's frigging impossible with you people!
The politeness comment isn't limited to a single person (looking back, that seemed like it was aimed at you from context; apologies) nor have I called you a troll. When it comes to available resources, did I not ask whether I got the thing you were looking for in Kotomine's setting details? I believe I've tried being approachable and nonjudgmental despite no one I've talked to speaking in your favor.

My approach isn't perfect or always effective, but I can say I tried. If you feel contemn for me and take me to be hypocritical about asking for polite discourse, then there's nothing much I can add. After all, that was significantly more effort than I usually manage with politeness.

E: Not guilt tripping, I just feel that you're okay if abrasive when people can't follow your thought process. Knowing how hard it can be to deal with that, I did what I could. If my best isn't enough, then so be it; I can't change everyone's opinion of you.

Last edited:

Gets in a beam-lock

vs Ea

Meh,it's better in the manga, much like anything of Prillya.
Albeit, to be fair, the manga(But the anime too) have the gigantic massive problem of Prillya being, well, Prillya, with all the problem it entails.
Thankfully "Drei" became less "Prillya" and more "Awesome Shirou vs Angelica vs Lancelot vs OHMYGOD IS THAT AN ARMY OF *Head explode* + coupled with interesting conflicts", even if some...problems still remain.
Goddammit Type-Moon

C'mon dingo boy. We all know that anime bends to the rule of cool, and Fate is certainly no exception.

It isn't just anime either imo. Narrative power and what the author thinks would be best trumps all.

Gets in a beam-lock

vs Ea

Isn't Ruby as a wand supposed to be very powerful?

I've heard its maker Zelretch is supposed to be able to 'do the impossible', though what that is isn't very clear from what I understand.

And Ea is fucking Ea.

Fair enough.
I didn't realize Ea was supposed to be that unmatched and unbeatable of an energy beam.

Saber did defeat it in the original VN, but that was mostly with dodging and Avalon, not a direct fight.

Perhaps Angelica doesn't know how to properly use it or her copy was incomplete? She left the weapon's safety on?

Prisma Illya also is in a different universe, correct? Perhaps that verse's Ea isn't as strong, since most of the times it has nearly been defeated or held off directly that you state come from that setting. Or its perhaps what that author thinks of it.

Prisma Illya also is in a different universe, correct? Perhaps that verse's Ea isn't as strong, since most of the times it has nearly been defeated or held off directly that you state come from that setting. Or its perhaps what that author thinks of it.

Alternately, this is what the author has called "official fanfiction" (IIRC, it might not be that exact term), and thus things that happen in it have no bearing on what actual Nasuverse power-levels/matchups would be.

It was way more impressive in the manga, iirc, because what happened was that Shirou threw all his swords at Ea... and it did all of jack and shit.

Fair enough.
I didn't realize Ea was supposed to be that unmatched and unbeatable of an energy beam.

Saber did defeat it in the original VN, but that was mostly with dodging and Avalon, not a direct fight.

Perhaps Angelica doesn't know how to properly use it or her copy was incomplete? She left the weapon's safety on?

Officially, Angelica and Ko-Gil's Enuma Elish's are weaker than regular Gil's because each multiplies the strength parameter to determine damage.

Of course, according to Prisma, Bazett can punch out Servants with no issue, block a charge from Pegasus without much hassle, and has a rune active that auto-revives her on death, so I wouldn't use Prisma too much when it comes to talking about stuff from the rest of the Nasuverse. It works on different rules than the rest of it.

Last edited:
Back