But Nasu doesn't do food metaphors. He does nautical erotica.

Technically, Nasu doesn't do erotica at all. He doesn't write the H-scenes. His friend, the one who is responsible for all the Saber-clones, writes them. We can only imagine how much worse a Nasu written H-scene would be.

I'm just really hoping I can probably like Shirou since the anime did not make him very likeable. Even if I still don't care for him I feel like this is still going to be enjoyable anyway.

Technically, Nasu doesn't do erotica at all. He doesn't write the H-scenes. His friend, the one who is responsible for all the Saber-clones, writes them. We can only imagine how much worse a Nasu written H-scene would be.
B-but muh headcanon.

In the writing stages of her visual novels, Nasu usually has to go on the run. She hides in various safehouses and abandoned warehouses in a desperate bid to finish whatever visual novel she is writing before she is captured by Takeuchi's forces and taken to Takeuchi's torture dungeon and is not let out until she writes more Saber clones. As a result, the visual novels tend to have a lot of food description and nautical metaphors because Nasu is hungry.

Well, when they made Kara no Kyoukai, Ufotable didn't have much problem showing a rape scene, so it's possible that the prana transfer ritual will happen on-screen. On the other hand, nothing plot-critical happens in the middle of the prams transfer ritual, so fade to black is more likely.

Personally, I'm hoping for CGI molluscs.

Movies and broadcast series have rather different content restrictions. I rather doubt they'll show anything as explicit as Fujino's scene in KnK.

Frankly, I never liked the "prana transfer" stuff anyway, so I hope they just cut it out entirely.

B-but muh headcanon.

In the writing stages of her visual novels, Nasu usually has to go on the run. She hides in various safehouses and abandoned warehouses in a desperate bid to finish whatever visual novel she is writing before she is captured by Takeuchi's forces and taken to Takeuchi's torture dungeon and is not let out until she writes more Saber clones. As a result, the visual novels tend to have a lot of food description and nautical metaphors because Nasu is hungry.

Nasu is a mushroom, so this scenario is impossible.

b) Will this be UBW Good End or True End (aka will this end up in a threesome between Rin, Saber and Shirou)?
I think True End, there was this scene in the PV with Rin sitting on her school desk that I think is from the True End (my memory may be playing tricks on me, though).

Additionnaly, I fuckin' love the OST. Both credit songs for Episode 0 are awesome (though I think the first will be the opening song, and the other one the normal credits song)

Last edited:
Movies and broadcast series have rather different content restrictions. I rather doubt they'll show anything as explicit as Fujino's scene in KnK.
Which is why we're getting a HF feel movie. Dickworms galore! :D

As for UBW, we got our first glimpse at the dolphins in the prologue when Archer was talking about their contract, so I'm assuming we'll see more of them when Shirou and Rin form theirs.

Yeah I just watched it and I have to say I like this first episode more than F/Z first episode. I'm only comparing them because they are both slow and kind of have the same purpose. However I'd say this one was slow in a different way. It didn't involve literally talking in circles and it had some entertaining slice of life moments mixed in with intrigue in regards to the HG war. Plus having a badass fight helped a lot. Honestly I didn't watch F/Z for months after looking at the first episode. Then again I felt the same with Madoka and I love both.

I mean, the DEEN version is based mostly on Fate, and Shirou has some pretty lame moments in Fate. It's like Nasu couldn't figure out how to show Shirou falling in love with Saber without him being patronisingly overprotective.

I dunno. I always thought Shirou's Macho Japanese "Gaman shiro!" Dude thing was meant to be humourous - it's not like the narrative is shy about shoving it in our faces how much more competent Rin and Saber are than he is. And how women can basically make him do whatever they want, outside of combat situations. And how not-macho he is in almost every other respect.

Honestly, he kinda comes across as someone's mom. You know the type - "Sweetheart, you can't climb that tree in your dress, everyone will see your underwear!" "That's why I wanted to wear shorts but you said no!" :jackiechan:

Last edited:
I never really hated anime Shirou and I can genuinely accept the whole mother goose act, but I guess he felt rather forgettable and mediocre compared to most of the other characters.

You're lacking members if you want a true harem. So, Lancer, Gilgamesh and Shinji Issei? I want an Issei route, especially since he sounds so manly this time.

Rin sleeps with 3 characters across the three routes (Saber, Shirou and Rider) and has romantic tension with two others (Archer and Lancer). That leaves 5, which is perfectly reasonable for a harem protagonist. Hell considering the amount of ridiculous tension between all said characters, she could probably bag a harem ending sans Rider.

I mean lets be honest here, Shirou is not the one who got the harem in UBW Good End.

The way I see it, they're essentially the same story, told in different ways. They're both abused, they're both masking their inner nature and suppressing their emotions, they're both the final route girl and they both turn evil. Call it a Nasu archetype, perhaps.

I suppose it's possible that I began with "I think Sakura is an uninteresting character" and then made the comparison with Kohaku who is one of my favourites, and thus made the differences into failings, however I don't think it's a bad comparison even so. Their functions in the narrative are broadly similar.

I just consider Kohaku to be a character, and Sakura to often be more of a prop.

I guess? I don't really see it to be honest. She's obviously a plot device, acting as motivation for both Rin and Shirou, but she doesn't lack characterization. She's definitely the least combat ready of the main cast, and spends much of the plot as the damsel needing saving, but she's also got a lot going on which I appreciate.

I mean, your view is not uncommon, but in general I guess I just don't get it, she's got a lot going on with her character from how I see it.

Frankly, I never liked the "prana transfer" stuff anyway, so I hope they just cut it out entirely.

I'll agree with this though, outside of Heaven's Feel the whole 'we must contrive a reason for our characters to have sex' thing is a really weird aspect of Nasuverse stuff in general. As much as I enjoy watching Rin be a bossy boots getting Shirou and Saber to have sex or Ciel being like "Oh dear your vampiric possession means you need to DO ME IN THE ASS" I'd enjoy them way more if they where not ridiculously contrived.

Having said that, Heaven's Feel kind of needed them.

That I will certainly agree to. His appeal is a mystery to me.

Shirou is a nice, legitimately socially awkward guy who makes a lot of effort for those her cares about. His character arc across the entirety of the three routes in Fate/Stay Night is interesting and breaks down a lot of the standard 'manly hero traits'.

Also he's tied with Sakura for best waifu in the game. Rin is awesome but she's someone you cook for, not someone who cooks for you.

Back