http://0-gate.com/fatestay-night-unlimited-blade-works-episode-0/
My first impression so far is that everyone seem very alike theirFate/Zero counterpart. Saber is obviously the same as in Fate/Zero. Lancer, despite not mentioning his name, is visually both in appearance and weaponry, the same person. The only Servant so far that isn't the same as the one in Fate/Zero (as far as I can tell) is Archer. Archer doesn't remember his name, but he doesn't look like Gilgamesh from the prequel. Archer does have a very similar ability than the one of Gilgamesh though. We didn't see Archer completely in action yet, but he obviously uses daggers and he is able to summon them at will. I have a feeling that Archer is probably some notorious knife thrower, but I wouldn't have any idea who that could be from my knowledge of fantasy and history alone. It really annoys me that Archer is unable to remember who he is, Tohsaka and him are obviously going one of the main focus of the show, so it is frustrating that we don't have any information about the first and main servant in the show.
http://otakuspirit.com/2014/10/episode-0-impressions-fatestay-night-unlimited-blade-works/
While I was a bit turned off by Lancer's personality in this show, mainly because his existence in Fate/Zero was so amazing. Much more honorable. However in this one, even though I believe it's the same Hero, he's much less inclined to honor.

Oh shush, they're allowed to not have read further into the series they watched on whatever streaming/fansub service they are following. As someone who has no context for the series I can get why people would confuse the two Lancers, they've got very similar designs after all, even if F/SN Lancer is wearing the stupid Jump-Suit.

Overall they're not doing to badly honestly.

Gilgamesh won't be happy that they mistook that faker for him.:p

Speaking of the Golden Haired Charismatic fuck, what the hell is he doing talking to Sakura? It's been a long ass time since I read the prologue, so does that actually happen in the prologue, because my memory only has it in HF when he's being a belligerent fuckwad (I mean aside from his normal belligerence.)

How the hell. The lancers don't even look a like. Calling archer's swords daggers as well. Like what daggers do you know of that are that big people.

They're actually pretty similar in design, even if Fate/Stay Night Lancer is much more blue and stupid looking, if you go from the perspective of someone who watched Fate/Zero when it aired, and is now watching this, it's a pretty easy confusion.

They look very different. They have different hair, different outfits, eyes, and one of them is lacking a mole. I am confused

And as for Gil, yeah he talked to Sakura in the prologue. Less talk and more "die, trash" really, but yeah that happened

I really hope no one spoils things for those people on the blogs. Reading their reactions and conclusions is pretty entertaining. Now, I can't wait when they discover who Archer is. :)

Speaking of the Golden Haired Charismatic fuck, what the hell is he doing talking to Sakura? It's been a long ass time since I read the prologue, so does that actually happen in the prologue, because my memory only has it in HF when he's being a belligerent fuckwad (I mean aside from his normal belligerence.)

Rin sees them talk in the prologue, but what he told her only makes sense in Heaven's Feel so that's where it's revealed. (He's advising her to kill herself now because she won't be able to later.)

Last edited:
They look very different. They have different hair, different outfits, eyes, and one of them is lacking a mole. I am confused

And as for Gil, yeah he talked to Sakura in the prologue. Less talk and more "die, trash" really, but yeah that happened

I mean if you look at them both for a while you can see it, but from the perspective of someone who watched Fate/Zero when it aired, maybe one other time, and is now watching this? It's similar enough I can see how someone would be confused.

I really hope no one spoils things for those people on the blogs. Reading their reactions and conclusions is pretty entertaining. Now, I can't wait when they discover who Archer is. :)

With hindsight it's really obvious, since Archer is just + 20 years of exposure to Rin.

I believe the fomments on the blog already point out that Lancer isn't the same one as Fate/Zero.
Doesn't spoil his idenyity, though.

Rin sees them talk in the prologue, but what he told her only makes sense in Heaven's Feel so that's where it's revealed. (He's advising her to kill herself now because she won't be able to later.)

I actually have an Ayako Grail War AU that branches with Gil-kun electing to "help Sakura out" with this, and Rider contracting with Ayako so she can stay around and exact revenge. :p

(never posted anywhere, alas :p)

LESS INCLINED TO HONOR?! Bitch, come here so that I can fight you! :mad:

I can actually understand why the two get mixed up, since I did the same when I first started into Type-moon, but their personalities are very different, one has a cooler outfit, and the other is way cooler.

Either way, I can't wait for Lancer's and Archer's identity reveals. Sure, the first isn't a plot point, but I'm a Lancer fan. :p

... huh. He had a dere moment. I didn't think any of those happened outside of Can You Chat With The King Of Heroes?
LESS INCLINED TO HONOR?! Bitch, come here so that I can fight you! :mad:
I know, right? It's like people don't actually know what honour means anymore.

He spoke to Rin and gave away his position before he attacked her! Two kinds of people do that, honourable people and idiots.

Last edited:
Back