The Smallest of Dragons, The Loudest of Roars (An ASOIAF Valyrian Adventure Quest)

Scheduled vote count started by Magoose on Nov 17, 2020 at 11:42 AM, finished with 51 posts and 24 votes.

• [X] Plan: Almost Everything Else
    -[X]Yes: Always… Stay with me.
    -[X]Masters and Apprentices: Rhaerya's grandmother is coming over… She's very cross that she is now living with you, instead of her.
    -[X]Swords and Sorcery: You see the new Valyrian blade… and realize something… it can be even better.
    -[X]A Drunk Dragon: You never realized a Dragon could get drunk… Now you know… and are very disappointed.
    -[X]THe Legion and the Senate: Why does the Legion want revenge on the Senate? And why did your father try to give it to them?
    -[X]How to Train Your Dragon:Rhaerya needs to learn that scaly beast that is cute, is dangerous and needs to be taught with respect and discipline. Hopefully before it kills her.
    -[X]Visiting Home: Your Home is empty… but the memories there are enough to make you… reminisce about better times.
    [X] Plan: Magical Girls and Dragon Racing
    -[X]No: I can't…
    --[X]This isn't the right time, I'm not ready for this... I care for you more than anything else in this wretched world, and I don't want to ruin what we already have because of a rash decision, I hope you can understand that this isn't about what you or I want, because I do love you, but about the responsibilty we have towards ourselves to do this when we are both ready and of the right mind to decide.
    -[X]Masters and Apprentices: Rhaerya's grandmother is coming over… She's very cross that she is now living with you, instead of her.
    -[X]Swords and Sorcery: You see the new Valyrian blade… and realize something… it can be even better.
    -[X]A Drunk Dragon: You never realized a Dragon could get drunk… Now you know… and are very disappointed.
    -[X]A Scaly Conundrum: You have a Dragon Scale on your hand… a mark from your dragons bond with you… You need to know if it had ever happened before.
    -[X]How to Train Your Dragon:Rhaerya needs to learn that scaly beast that is cute, is dangerous and needs to be taught with respect and discipline. Hopefully before it kills her.
    -[X]Choose a Hobby: You wish to have a hobby, something to take the edge off of all the stress. (Write in below of what that hobby is)
    --[X]Dragon Racing!
    [X] Plan: Magical Girls and Wrestling

Can already see us getting our 3rd nat 100 on our disaster roll and be declared a traitor by the Consul or something :V

Can already see us getting our 3rd nat 100 on our disaster roll and be declared a traitor by the Consul or something :V
THey wouldn't do that...

But they would try to assasinate you... or enslave you (send you to Ghis) and we have to pull a Ben Hur with the rest of the racing team and gladiators, so you can come back and start a civil war.

Which actually would be amazing and sounds like something my dice would do.

Rhaegon II: As One
Rhaegon II: As One

-[X]Yes: Always… Stay with me.

It took you less than a moment to hug her… to embrace here with all your being. "Promise me you won't let go until I ask you to." You asked.

She didn't.

"I am yours… and you are mine." You whispered. "I promise to all the gods and to all who are beneath me… i will be with you always."

"And I you." She stated. "Please…" She kissed you. "Let us… consummate… I will not allow-"

She was being selfish… but than again, so were you. You wanted to take her… to make her yours and never let her go. She wanted to be from her father.

And you from everything that chained you. Your grief, your horror, everything. You wanted to begin again…

But letting go… that was impossible. And the fear… the fear would always be there.

But for one night… you didn't allow yourself to feel fear.

For one night… you wanted to be Free…

For one night… You wanted to feel alive.

You understood everything… and let go of every inhibition you had.

She was yours… and you hers…

Reward: If you do not spend an action dedicated to Rhaerya… your suicide roll will increase by ten.

You will slowly become less depressed the more you spend time with her. You will roll to not become depressed… though If you fail that… bad things will happen in your mania trip.

Pregnancy Rolls have begun.

-[X]Masters and Apprentices: Rhaerya's grandmother is coming over… She's very cross that she is now living with you, instead of her. Rolled:1D100 => 71+60=131

You gazed at the ancient woman who stood before your empty home. You wanted to be brave, to put on the stern face… but even you had limits…

A Flesh crafter could kill you, even with a dragon protecting you.

So you would be civil. At least until you learned her purpose.

"Rhaerya… Why did you marry him." The letter you had sent to her family was simple enough.

Rhaerya was wearing a toga… something that made her feel far more radiant than she ever was before. And her display of control, just as practiced as your family's… reputation was known for.

"We've made a bond… he gave me a dragon… I gave him my life." She stated. Not the total truth, but that was enough…

"A Trade than?" Her grandmother raised an eyebrow, than look to you. "You have bought my daughter like a cheap whore than?"

"A dragon is not a gift handed out lightly. You should know, witch." You replied with a confident air around you…

Your voice was quiet… you did not want to project… but the Witch smiled. And she looked to your bandaged hand. "Did you injure yourself?"

You froze. "Yes." You lied.

"Than may I see it?" She asked.

You narrowed your eyes. "Why? I does not hurt, or bleed… there is nothing you can-"

She had crossed the entire room as you spoke, with a speed even you could not realize until it was too late.

Rhaerya tried to stop her, but she froze as she saw the scales. "So it is true… you have become a Dragon born?"

"What does that mean?" You asked.

"Your dragon and yourself carry such a conection that even the higher powers this world cannot stop the magical connection between you… A rare thing… A dangerous thing." She stated. "And a powerful thing as well."

She let go. "If you were any other man… any other person… I would kill you… you are an abomination of magic and sorcery… that even the Gods would spite you."

Your hand clenched into a fist, and you saw it glow with a fire… and magic. "Then try."

The old woman however… laughed. It was an ancient one, that filled your body with fear. "Oh come now boy… I've killed those like you with far less effort, even in my old age…" She than held your hand. "But this is far different than the others… It occurred naturally… not with fleshcraft and sorcery."

She turned to face your dragon, to Vhaeron… "And one so young… A Shared trauma…"

There was a quiet moment between all… before the woman spoke. "Ahh…" She than bowed. "Take care young dragon… for both you and your master have now been bound by fate… to change the world."

"What does that mean?" You stood up, pointing. "What does that mean!"

She gave another bow… this time to you. "Child… Protect my granddaughter… That is my only wish to you. If she dies under your care, and you could have prevented it… there is nowhere in this world where I will not find you."

And she clapped her hands… and she was gone in a flash.

Reward: you have been given the blessing to remain married to Rhaerya.

You also may have gained a little insight in your powers… and how rare it actually is.

-[X]Swords and Sorcery: You see the new Valyrian blade… and realize something… it can be even better. Rolled:1D100 => 24+20=44

You thought you had an idea about it…

But your mind was so focused on Rhaerya, and your life with her… that you forgot what it actually was.

Failure

-[X]A Drunk Dragon: You never realized a Dragon could get drunk… Now you know… and are very disappointed. Rolled:1D100 => 39+110=149

Vhaeron had gotten into the wine cellar… something you had wished that you hadn't.

"Hey… Rhaegon… you have anymore booze!" The dragon than hiccuped… fire coming from his nose.

You had wished you hadn't given him a taste for wine.

"No… and I'd rather you not get into our stock again until after the harvest." You replied. "We need to replenish if we are going to go on a drinking binge."

"Blargh, your no fun… you certainly conquered your wife last night, we can try to conquer your celler!" He proclaimed.

Your face became red. "She and I sleep together, we did not-"

"Your grunting last night did nothing to dissuade your sleeping than? Or her screams?" A blue eye narrowed slightly.

"Come now, admit it… you enjoy fucking her."

"Stop it." You ordered.

"Oh? Then admit it… you want control again, and enjoying the pleasures of your wife is certainly one way to do it… but that will get dull… I just hope you realize that this relationship is built upon the both of you being utterly broken… socially incompatnet and utterly afraid of being alone again." He stated.

"Go back to drinking you scaly fuck." You scowled.

"The truth hurts… I just don't want you to suffer… you need to learn to trust each other." He stated.

"Drink." You ordered.

"As you command." He then grabbed a barrel with his tail and opened the top to chug it.

Reward: Drunk Vhaeron is a wise Vhaeron… He told you the bitter truth.

-[X]The Legion and the Senate: Why does the Legion want revenge on the Senate? And why did your father try to give it to them? Rolled:1D100 => 5+30=35

There was something… you tried to get more answers.

But everyone who you thought knew… were dead… or suspiciously silent.

What were they hiding?

Failure.

-[X]How to Train Your Dragon:Rhaerya needs to learn that scaly beast that is cute, is dangerous and needs to be taught with respect and discipline. Hopefully before it kills her. Rolled:1D100 => 85+110=195

She bonded to her dragon… same as you.

But this time… it was not from anything you could really explain…

But you saw her… with a sapphire scale on her back… enhancing her beauty to a level that even the gods themselves would envy.

You could feel the power.

But only in your mind… could you feel it.

The small… remainder of your mother…

Giving her blessing… or her mark.

Reward: Rhaerya is now Dragon bonded.

Your Familys ghosts are… waiting to say good bye

-[X]Visiting Home: Your Home is empty… but the memories there are enough to make you… reminisce about better times. Rolled:1D100 => 11+40=51

There was only a sad sad wind over the home you once had…

But even the gods could not stop a family gathering.

Their ghosts were all gathered… their bowing faces not visible, but their bodies quietly rising.

They knew that everything was okay… That you were going to be alright.

Suicide roll:1D100 => 11-10=1

Successful attempt Roll: 1D100 => 93 (Attempt Fails)

And you almost went with them…

The knife in your hand was at your throat… You wanted to rise with them…

To be free.

But your father stopped you… his hand taking hold of your own… and the knife slowly went to the ground.

"It is not your time yet my son. Not until the work is complete… not until… you have done your duty."

"We will meet again." They said… as one.

Reward: Your family said goodbye…

Part of you is at peace…. But part of you wishes to die.

Disaster Roll:1D100 => 18

War is coming… but even the Merchants stopped it for another year.

But they would not stop it again.

Life continued on The year… turned… and a letter came… Who was it from?:

[]A Letter from the Legion: You have been called to serve… the Legion needs you and your dragon.

[]A Letter from the Golden Flyers Dragon Racing Company: Your father… was a friend of one of the riders there… something about… needing to race your dragon for the good of the company. You knew your father was a racer before the Legion… but he was only ten…

[]A Letter from an Ally: "Meet me in Summer Spring, on the southern coast… come alone, with your dragon… it's time you learned the truth about why your father died."

[]A Letter from Ghiscari: It is a letter from your enemy… promising you death and destruction.

[]No Letter: No Letter Came… in fact, you did nothing but enjoy the time with your family.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, after a very long day at work, I'm exhausted.

Take the update for what it is... a tired mans attempt to get something out before bed.

Now let me sleep.

Hrm. Having an enemy in front of us would be one hell of a distraction from our own mental unease, though we would just be trading one danger for another. But the fact that the Ghiscari would give a damn about us, specifically, to pen a letter is... interesting.

Hilariously, depending on the contents, just posting the thing in the forum would significantly bolster our streetcred among Freeholders. Its hard to speak out against the vocally announced enemy of your enemy.

And the Golden Flyers aren't even a joke option. Everyone should read up on the politics of chariot racing in Constantinople. Holy hell, that was amazing... and chariots were worthless death traps and not strategic level weapons.

Last edited:
[X]A Letter from the Golden Flyers Dragon Racing Company: Your father… was a friend of one of the riders there… something about… needing to race your dragon for the good of the company. You knew your father was a racer before the Legion… but he was only ten…

No question about it. Greens ftw!

[X]A Letter from the Golden Flyers Dragon Racing Company: Your father… was a friend of one of the riders there… something about… needing to race your dragon for the good of the company. You knew your father was a racer before the Legion… but he was only ten…

Its a goddamn conspiracy among the most militarily valuable caste in the Freehold. Strategic weapons trained and honed like the finest blades under a thin veneer of civilian purpose and allowed to do so despite the growing war. Our father had more allies than merely political circles, perhaps, or said conspiracy is in need of one.

Our dragon is young and this sort of thing while young would make steed and rider legends in the air. At war its too much of a game of behemoths and we would learn the wrong lessons. Allies and a beloved face among the "commoners".

Last edited:
[X]A Letter from an Ally: "Meet me in Summer Spring, on the southern coast… come alone, with your dragon… it's time you learned the truth about why your father died."

I think this one is better.

[X]A Letter from an Ally: "Meet me in Summer Spring, on the southern coast… come alone, with your dragon… it's time you learned the truth about why your father died."

But you saw her… with a sapphire scale on her back… enhancing her beauty to a level that even the gods themselves would envy.

You could feel the power.

But only in your mind… could you feel it.

The small… remainder of your mother…

Giving her blessing… or her mark.

Reward: Rhaerya is now Dragon bonded.
Is our family going to end up as legendary dragon riders?
Cause seriously, the family has 100% dragon bonded at the moment, purely naturally as well!:lol::rofl:

I would like to have some military experience at the War's outset...but if things go poorly for Valyria as I suspect might happen being able to swoop in on our expertly flown dragon to save the day later may be better.

Was our father the ASOIAF version of Anakin Skywalker 10 year old racing genius or something?

I would like to have some military experience at the War's outset...but if things go poorly for Valyria as I suspect might happen being able to swoop in on our expertly flown dragon to save the day later may be better.
I mean, we can still enlist in the Legion next Turn. Remember, the Merchantiles managed to stave off the War for another Year.

Also, @Magoose: What is Women's Place in Valyrian Society? What kind of Influence can they wield? Can they serve in the Army or become Senators?

I mean, we can still enlist in the Legion next Turn. Remember, the Merchantiles managed to stave off the War for another Year.

Also, @Magoose: What is Women's Place in Valyrian Society? What kind of Influence can they wield? Can they serve in the Army or become Senators?
If it is like in Greece they are a step up from slaves basically. They weren't even citizens IIRC, they only have influence in regards to how far men will listen to them, so yeah, it's pretty bad. If it's like Rome, the situation is slightly better, but they don't have many rights either. Take this with a grain of salt, since I studied this a long time ago and Valyria is only based on them, but the gist of it was that they were treated badly. The QM has a lot of room for interpretation anyway, since AWOIAF doesn't elaborate too much on this society.

Last edited:

This seems like our best chance for answers.

Back