Current tally which I think means cats is winning
Adhoc vote count started by Teen Spirit on Oct 13, 2024 at 6:18 AM, finished with 102 posts and 50 votes.
You're counting each name as a separate vote? That's a bit surprising, I assumed that the topic would come first, since everyone voting for it wants to talk about it. Not that I mind, having voted for cats

You're counting each name as a separate vote? That's a bit surprising, I assumed that the topic would come first, since everyone voting for it wants to talk about it. Not that I mind, having voted for cats
I'm admittedly unsure what the norm is in this situation edit: changed my mind going with names being in the leads

Last edited:
[X] Ask how her cats are doing

i would honestly rather bring up the whole dragon egg in cradle thing, but im not sure how to bring it up.

[X] Give your support to one the names she suggested
-[X] Daena

Yeah fundamentally I think the redirect options are more practical, but the "eat my shorts, I'm going to sweep Alicent onto my noble steed and you can't stop me" option feel more in character

[X] [Defiant] Declare you share your cousin's interest in women

I should note that convincing Alicent to ride Syrax will be a challenge and you could unironically have a full romance with her being unwilling to ride.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned in a past chapter that Alicent is still scared of our beautiful dragon.

Gwayne Hightower agreed to come along without hesitation. You couldn't help but notice he looked particularly pleased when you came to him with the offer, though he wouldn't quite say why, simply saying he wished to take in the sights.

Rhea Royce replied quickly to your letter too. She was surprised by the invitation, but accepted the offer to travel with you, remarking that she was looking forward to hunting in the Stormlands. She arrived a few weeks later, wearing her bronze armor and supported by a small retinue of her own.

This might be a good marriage to maybe nudge, if we don't need to marry Gwayne. As while his father might be Hand, Otto HIghtower is a second son which ultimately means his children will inherit next-to-nothing, so they need advantageous marriages. Gwayne marrying Rhea would be advantageous for Gwayne and hopefully get Rhea a loving husband.

Last edited:
-[X] Helaena

[X] Ask how her cats are doing

If you really want to get sneaky about it; you could try to raise her opinion of us to the point where we could out ourselves, and whlie she'd have a little mental crisis, eventually with Viserys and her kids help she realises Rhaenyra is still Rhaenyra. Not a mindlessly lustful sinner (to be honest, thats canon Rhaenyra).

Also an idea for bonding - If we wanted to take a leaf out of Hiccups book, we could even tell her the similarities between dragons and cats.

I Didn't know about the age gap, how old are they?
Rhea is likely in her early to mid 30's. Gwayne, is at most early 20's. Books wise, he's around the same age as her show counterpart.

Acceptable for the era; and i think for her sake (if we think it would be a good matching) that if he takes a liking to her i say go for it.

You can match make without match making. Sometimes people can click; and if its Otto Hightowers son (Daemon's arch rival), the look on his face would be all the sweeter, to Otto and Rhea alike.

Rhea is likely in her early to mid 30's. Gwayne, is at most early 20's. Books wise, he's around the same age as her show counterpart.

Acceptable for the era; and i think for her sake (if we think it would be a good matching) that if he takes a liking to her i say go for it.

You can match make without match making. Sometimes people can click; and if its Otto Hightowers son (Daemon's arch rival), the look on his face would be all the sweeter, to Otto and Rhea alike.
What are you talking about? Rhaenyra is 16 at the moment, Rhaenys is in her late 30s to mid 40s, and also kinda still married.

One thing I really dislike even though it rather realistic, is Westeros' lack of a one Steve limit for notable characters who are active around the same time. Which also isn't helped at all by so many names having variations that can be shorten to the same thing.
Honestly, it's nowhere near as bad as real medieval history, at least in Westeros there's only around half a dozen Aegon's that need remembering in the Targaryen Lineage, but the naming conventions of England nobility were just horrible.

I mean Richard the Second had three female cousins all named Phillipa for fuck's sake, and let's not even consider how many William's and Henry's there are in English history.

At least Westeros tries to shake things up a bit and even give characters with same names some kind of distingushing title.

Hell, there's only like three Rhaneys' in Targaryen history period if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
-[X] Aelora

Mostly because while I'm sure our father won't care or do anything, the earlier we make this woman actively antagonistic to us the harder things will be. Sidestep for now, build our power base more. Then consider more directly tweaking her nose.

Back