Voting is open
Aren't those events spread over a fairly large timespan? Didn't endor happen like half a year ago?

I'm fine being wrong of course. Just curious on the timetables of major events. Like how long from endor did the new republic take coruscant and such.
Most of these happened either during 4 or 5 ABY. It was about two and a half years after Endor that they took Coruscant, iirc. Stuff like Zsinj's plot and Isard's schemes saw the groundwork laid around this time. The Lusankya plot, for example, actually predates Endor, although she didn't start releasing agents from it until after. But Jan Dodonna was being held prisoner there at this time. Kashyyyk's liberation was concurrent with our turn; in fact, Han and Chewie spearheaded it. Thrawn would be interested in the death of a Grand Admiral.

Last edited:
No, I mean when in the legends timeline did things happen.
Krytos technically will be made in a year or two but presumably the preliminary stage is already going on. There's also the Emperor's plague storehouse which produced similar viruses in secret before even the Battle of Endor so there's precedent. The Lusankya was built already. Isard's bacta gambit happens during 7 ABY but when she takes over Thyferra, the Xucphra Corporation just so happened to have conveniently staged a coup on the planet which let her claim it easily, so it's a safe bet that the groundwork is being laid now. Project Chubar (the brainwashing thing) was in place while Palps was alive and Zsinj eventually was put in charge of it. Jerec began his work almost immediately after Endor and was stopped when Kyle Katarn killed him in the Valley of the Jedi in 5 ABY so it'll be either this upcoming turn or the next one where he actually gets going but it's not impossible to get hints of it. Karrde... I dunno. He's definitely a prominent information broker though, and we'll want info on Katana Fleet from him. 8t88 won't join Jerec until 5 ABY. Krennel won't run the Hegemony until 5 ABY as well. Kashyyyk is already under New Republic rule. Same with Brentaal IV.

Don't be so sure that the same stuff happened in this timeline as the OTL. Remember plot armor is gone so the NR isn't going to be winning battles anymore with a few ships and starfighters. Nor are they going to win ground campaigns without major support. If Han did go to the Wookie homeworld he is either still there fighting, dead/captured, or convinced the NR to actually fight for the planet before he went there. That or a lot more damage would have been done to the planet in the fighting.

Next update should be the fight so we should bring all the Lancer Frigates as they will be key to taking out any remaining advanced starfighters the Grand Admiral has left. And the Immobilizers to keep the enemy from fleeing. Aside from that Carracks and Victories will be more than enough to overwhelm the remaining ships in the fleet.

Each turn is 6 months. We're just wrapping up turn 2 which means it's been one year, and next turn the quest will span one and a half year in total

Wait, what? That's news to me. I thought each turn was 2 or 3 months. Can we get that confirmed? Because at the rate of two turns per year, we'll hit the point of Clone!Palpatine's return (which has been established as a thinng that is still happening) in only ten more turns, and I don't think we're growing anywhere near fast enough to survive that.

Wait, what? That's news to me. I thought each turn was 2 or 3 months. Can we get that confirmed? Because at the rate of two turns per year, we'll hit the point of Clone!Palpatine's return (which has been established as a thinng that is still happening) in only ten more turns, and I don't think we're growing anywhere near fast enough to survive that.
Yes it was confirmed after the very first turn. Reforming the government is how we shorten the turn length.

Krytos technically will be made in a year or two but presumably the preliminary stage is already going on.
Evir Derricote is working on bioweapons while also selling black-market Alderaanean artifacts from his biotics facility on Borleias. He was the mastermind behind the Krytos virus.
8t88 won't join Jerec until 5 ABY.
True, I just mentioned him as a potential source of intel leaks since, for all of his issues, 8t88 was a very good information broker. He also has admin access to a major holoarchive on Woostri, which might play a role in his mastery of secrets.
Kashyyyk is already under New Republic rule. Same with Brentaal IV.
I know, the main idea here was for omake fuel. I have a background in intel, and I have found that writing threat analysis and dossiers is a fun form of omake writing for me.

It will be one of the updates we have most likely after the Thrawn Campaign to take out the other Grand Admiral. And either before or after who we choose to normalize relations with vote.

Thinking about writing some threat analysis dossiers from Cem Kam's POV. Some of the threats I have in mind would include Isard's Krytos and Lusankya projects, the beginning gambit by Isard to corner the bacta market, reports that Zsinj is funding experiments in brainwashing out in the Corporate Sector (the Gamorrean joining Republic Starfighter Command was something of a clue), Kaine's pet Dark Jedi Jerec searching for the Valley of the Jedi and spending billions of credits in doing so, potential intelligence weaknesses from data brokers Talon Karrde and 8t88 (Have we made contact with Karrde while researching ysalamiri?), Delak Krennel creating the Ciutric Hegemony (actually, @Daemon Hunter, has Krennel murdered Sate Pestage yet?), the liberation of Kashyyyk and the accompanying deaths of Grand Admiral Peccati Syn and Moff Hindane Darcc, and the conquest of Brentaal IV by the New Republic. How does that sound?

That'd make for a pretty nice dossier. As for the questions, you've made contact with Karrde through a proxy of his, as he doesn't quite trust you. As for Pestage, Krennel did kill him, but it was a lot messier than in cannon due to the shakeup of imperial intelligence forcing him to work with less. And it does sound like it'd make for a great omake, and help me out quite a bit in terms of making sure I actually understand the lore properly.

Renormalizing Relations
When reopening relations with foreign powers, there were two questions to consider. The extent of parties to contact, and how much you would try to avoid offending the various groups. When it comes to the groups in the galaxy, you can classify them into three categories that you are concerned with. The major galactic powers, the Hutts, and the slaver bands.

You have your differences with the first, but by and large, you can respect and work with them. The Hutts are slimy and irritating to deal with, bringing nothing but instability and disorder. That being said, you must admit that they have proven to be a long-lasting power and one that has considerable influence in the underworld. Some may have issues with you opening up relations with them, but even the Republic held talks, and any impact it may have would be beyond minor.

The truly problematic question is if you should contact the slaver bands. They can offer you considerable benefits in the form of high-skill slaves along with mass labor if you so chose, although uneducated slaves are really only economical on the backwaters of the galaxy, which you admittedly do have. However, they do also offer an interesting benefit according to Cen Kam.

It seems Athaen did offer a suggestion in regards to creating a spy network. Due to security measures, your diplomatic advisor wasn't told about your truly exceptional network, but nonetheless, you can see the advantages of having an intrigue net that extends into the slaver bands. Cen Kam, additionally, has suggested using them to your own benefit. If you infiltrated them to a major extent, you would in effect be able to subvert them while using them as deniable assets.

[] Contact the major galactic powers only - No diplomatic issues, prevents negotiations with the Hutts or slaver bands
[] Contact the major powers and Hutts only - Very minor diplomatic issues with the New Republic. Prevents negotiations with slaver bands
[] Contact major powers, Hutts, and slavers - Minor diplomatic issues with everyone. Opens up new actions to subvert slaver bands.

Then there is how you would conduct diplomatic outreach along with playing the various factions against each other. Athaen herself strongly recommends remaining as if you were a neutral party, as your actions thus far are easy to spin as such. Favoring one party or another does have some advantages, but Athaen is against favoritism, arguing that it's better to remain flexible when it comes to negotiating with others in the galaxy.

[] Be true neutral - No diplomatic changes
[] Slightly favor Galactic Empire factions - Minor relationship boost with Empire factions. Minor relationship drop with the New Republic.
[] Slightly favor New Republic - Minor relationship boost with the New Republic. Minor relationship drop with Empire factions.

GM Note: 4-hour moratorium.

Alright short update neat! Any who I'll start it off with saying I have no problem with contacting the Hutts but I don't feel comfortable contacting Slavers as well. And on Diplomatic stance well that should be obvious we should go true neutral after all we are stalling for time, but if that doesn't win I'd say we go minor pro empire and try to slow down the Republic as much as we can.

Also, the Hutts are on the other side of the galaxy from us. As I recall from the map around this time, we have the Deep Core warlords, Greater Maldrood, Isard's Empire, Zsinj's empire, and the New Republic between us and them, to say nothing of dozens of small unaligned worlds. I would prefer to work from inside out, expanding relations as we expand our influence and borders.

On the other hand, the Hutts control most of the underworld, and there are a number of factions and independent agents that I'd like to try poaching for our benefit.

Also, the Hutts are on the other side of the galaxy from us. As I recall from the map around this time, we have the Deep Core warlords, Greater Maldrood, Isard's Empire, Zsinj's empire, and the New Republic between us and them, to say nothing of dozens of small unaligned worlds. I would prefer to work from inside out, expanding relations as we expand our influence and borders.

On the other hand, the Hutts control most of the underworld, and there are a number of factions and independent agents that I'd like to try poaching for our benefit.
The Hutts and the Black Sun are fairly close in power iirc, so it's not exactly a big loss even if we don't invite them. Plus, we are actually aiming for galactic order, unlike the majority of Warlords, and the Hutts stand directly in the way of that.

Not like there's much difference except money access.
We can use them as deniable pirate fleets for harassing anyone we don't like.

Any attack on enemy shipping will point at the slavers instead of at us. Or we could use their connections to get information on the underworld factions and get news if there is something big going on. Or they could get paid to hunt other slavers and be privateers that are attacking our trade vessels, which would be fairly effective since they know what they are doing freeing our fleet to focus on external threats. There is a lot that can be done here.

I'm fine with major powers with or without hutts. The slaver option is tempting. We don't have to engage them in anyway but it gives us the option to just take them, shut them down.

The reputation loss is rather significant though so unless someone makes a REALLY compelling argument I won't support it.

As far as the way to negotiate I'd go neutral or slight pro new republic. The empire is going to lose. To infighting and corruption if nothing else. And I'd definitely like the new republic to think we are genuinely committed to reforms from the empire so they don't try any ill-advised plans against us or anything.

Plus... they aren't actually evil or anything. I'd like to be able to have a decent relationship with the non evil factions.

We can use them as deniable pirate fleets for harassing anyone we don't like.

Any attack on enemy shipping will point at the slavers instead of at us. Or we could use their connections to get information on the underworld factions and get news if there is something big going on. Or they could get paid to hunt other slavers and be privateers that are attacking our trade vessels, which would be fairly effective since they know what they are doing freeing our fleet to focus on external threats. There is a lot that can be done here.
Maybe, but that reputation loss... I don't think it's worth it. Especially since in terms of intel we already have, WOG, the best information network in existence. And I still don't think giving the Hutts legitimacy is a good move. I'm sure General Skywalker, General Solo, and Princess Organa have no love for them either.
As far as the way to negotiate I'd go neutral or slight pro new republic. The empire is going to lose. To infighting and corruption I'd nothing else. And I'd definitely like the new republic to think we are genuinely committed to reforms from the empire so they don't try any ill-advised plans against us or anything.
Issue is that "galactic empire factions" includes Kaine and he can probably last for a very long time unlike say the Remnant. So I'd say True Neutral.

The Hutts and the Black Sun are fairly close in power iirc, so it's not exactly a big loss even if we don't invite them. Plus, we are actually aiming for galactic order, unlike the majority of Warlords, and the Hutts stand directly in the way of that.
Black Sun was a major power; with the death of Xizor and Vader's purge of the organization, they're not nearly the threat at this time as they were, or will be once Rogue Squadron springs a bunch of Black Sun ex-cons from Kessel. So, thank goodness for small favors.

Black Sun was a major power; with the death of Xizor and Vader's purge of the organization, they're not nearly the threat at this time as they were, or will be once Rogue Squadron springs a bunch of Black Sun ex-cons from Kessel. So, thank goodness for small favors.
Ah right. Forgot about that. Then in that case ignore that, at least for a couple of years until the New Republic blunders

Threat Analysis: Imperial Core and Splinter Factions, Other Threats (+10 Used)
Threat Analysis: Imperial Core and Splinter Factions, Other Threats

Classified: Secret/Eyes Only
To: Emperor Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Re. Factions and Priorities

Emperor Thrawn,

With the near-total penetration of the main Imperial splinter factions, my agents have uncovered a number of operations, programs, and contingencies that may cause potential issues for us in the near- to mid-future. While the full breakdowns are attached to this document, I have taken the liberty of summarizing the major threats from the most direct and immediate to the most distant and theoretical.

With the death of the Emperor and Lord Vader, and the subsequent lack of a direct successor after the loss of the heir apparent, the Empire fractured into a number of splinter groups, warlords, and fiefdoms. The largest and most powerful are the Imperial remnants under Ysanne Isard, the former Director of Imperial Intelligence and self-appointed successor to Sate Pestage after his murder at the hands of Delak Krennel. (Krennel, it should be noted, has since established the Ciutric Hegemony, controlling a major shipyard and a small but potent fleet of Imperial ships of the line.) She controls Imperial Center and most of the Core, Colonies, and Inner Rim. Isard is currently embroiled in conflict with the self-proclaimed New Republic (NR), and has recently suffered massive defeats at Brentaal IV, which gave the NR access to Chandrila, and Kashyyyk, which saw the deaths of your former colleague Grand Admiral Peccati Syn and Moff Hindane Darcc over the worlds, the elimination of the main source of Wookiee slave labor, and the destruction of a major Trandoshan slaver guild.

Philip Sole, the new Head of Imperial Intelligence, has forwarded information on several projects that Isard is using to bolster her position and weaken her enemies. The two that are most pertinent to our interests at this time are Project Lusankya and her recent acquisition of General Evir Derricote (you may remember him as the mastermind behind the Battle of Derra IV). Project Lusankya is Isard's plan for the capture, brainwashing, and use of NR prisoners of war as sleeper agents, to be used for targeted assassinations, sabotage, and infiltration. It is headquartered aboard the Lusankya, a Super Star Destroyer that the late Emperor had constructed upon the surface of Coruscant itself as a potential emergency escape vehicle. It is the heart of Isard's power, and our analysts suggest that she would not hesitate to utilize it for its original purpose, regardless of the millions of fatalities it would cause upon Imperial Center.

I take note of Evir Derricote for one reason: his acknowledged genius in regards to biological warfare and the weapons thereof. There is a memorandum from the late Emperor commissioning him to create species-specific bioweapons, and replies from the General noting success on at least a score of highly-volatile plagues, viruses, and other diseases, the results of which were stored at one of the Emperor Palpatine's supply caches. Unfortunately, we have yet to uncover the location of the Emperor's Storehouse; with your permission, we can make it a priority for our intelligence branch. To use or to destroy is up to you; but if I may insert a personal note, I would rather have those weapons in our hands and not at the disposal of the likes of, say, Teradoc or Harrsk.

One last note I will make is that Kuat is in the process of building a new Super Star Destroyer, Razor's Kiss. It is in the preliminary stages of construction, and if all goes according to schedule will be finished within three to four years.

Our closest neighbor, one whom you have recently met, is Ardus Kaine. He leads the Pentastar Alignment, a coalition of Imperial military and political leaders along with several megacorporations. While his immediate priorities seem to be consolidation and economic growth, there have been some curious expenditures made by some of his subordinates. High Inquisitor Jerec has been given command of the Vengeance, a Star Dreadnought, and a budget numbering in the billions to - I am being absolutely serious here - search for the Valley of the Jedi, a burial ground that was the site of the last battle of the New Sith Wars over a thousand years ago. Precisely why Grand Moff Kaine thought it an appropriate usage of military hardware and credits eludes me, but for him to place such an importance upon it, we may perhaps wish to learn for ourselves just what it is that he wants to badly.

Of note regarding Jerec is that he has acquired the services of six Dark Jedi (names and dossiers attached), one of whom is the daughter of Lord Cronal, better known as Agent Blackhole and yet another self-proclaimed warlord who has taken up piracy. He has adopted the Inner Rim world of Mindor as his base of operations, and has managed to acquire the services of several of the Emperor's Imperial Guardsmen as his bodyguards. Kanuas may wish to subvert them; he will almost certainly want to know what Jerec is trying to discover. Learning that may help achieve some good-will with him.

Next we have Zsinj, former Grand Moff of Quelii Oversector and current 'Warlord of the Mid-Rim' (his own words, not mine). His flagship is the Super Star Destroyer Iron Fist (formerly known as the Brawl), and he has set himself against Isard, the Greater Maldrood, and the New Republic alike. He is a cautious commander who avoids direct conflict where he can manage it; when he does engage, it is with overwhelming force and an attempt to compensate for any contingencies his opponents may have in place. He has taken a byte from the record of Tyber Zann; instead of conquering territory and incorporating it outright into his empire, much of his effort is dedicated to the expansion of a business and criminal empire into his opponent's territory, weakening them whilst simultaneously enriching himself at their expense. It also grants him insight into their economies and industrial priorities, which he has used to precisely target enemy shipping and industry.

As one might expect, Zsinj's own projects tend towards deception and obfuscation, with the intent of dividing his opponents. He has assumed control of Project Chubar, a scientific program with the goal of enhancing the intelligence of sentient or non-sapient species to a standard equal to or exceeding that of human norms. I presume that two of Jerec's Dark Jedi, Gorc and Pic, are products of Project Chubar, as I am otherwise hard-pressed to imagine how a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard and a Gamorrean would have the intelligence and capacity to learn how to wield the Force and fight with lightsabers. The location of the program's base of operations is unknown at this time, as we have insufficient penetration of Zsinj's intelligence apparatus.

Of interest is that Zsinj controls the world of Dathomir, and has constructed a capital shipyard over the world. He has also established a Class A blockade of the world in question, with no ships permitted to land or leave. The local garrison is supplied via airdrop, but is otherwise left to its own devices. It is unclear as to what Zsinj is seeking to contain on the world, although I suspect our old acquaintance Nuun Nokkra would be able to give us insight regarding Zsinj's priorities on Dathomir.

Of the remaining Imperial splinter factions, the most prominent would be the Eriadu Authority (controlled by Sander Delvardus), the Greater Maldrood (Treuten and Kosh Teradoc, brothers who share control over the region), and Zero Command, the first of the breakaway factions and ruled by Blitzer Harrsk. Of the three, Zero Command is the closest to our own borders, and controls a significant fraction of the Deep Core. Their threat is negligible at this time, overshadowed as they are by the other factions mentioned, but they will need to be brought to heel in time. As it stands, we might be able to utilize them to distract the NR; the Eriadu Authority and Greater Maldrood are in particular very well-positioned to flank the NR.

Last, but not least, we have the New Republic. Flush from their victories at Endor, Bakura, Brentaal IV, and Kashyyyk, they are acquiring star systems by the day. They were distracted for a significant portion of the year by successive extra-galactic invasions by the Nagai and the Tof, respectively, which diverted a significant amount of manpower and material that would have otherwise been brought to bear against Imperial elements.

Two final addendums: the Imperial shipyard Black Fifteen, in the Koornacht Cluster, has gone silent. It is unknown what happened to the shipyard, or the equipment or personnel that were stationed there. While it is of low priority, seeing as how it is under Isard's command, a reconnaissance mission there would not be amiss.

Second, during the Nagai-Tof War, one of the Emperor's Hands was quite active, and actually managed to defeat Luke Skywalker in a duel. Considering that his previous known duel was with Lord Vader, and he emerged the victor, that is quite the accomplishment. The Hand is known as Lumiya, and discovering where she went to ground might be a worthwhile task, if also rather low-priority.

I remain your faithful servant,

Cen Kam.

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back