Ice cream truck spook mech when?

If it can get all the way into a ridiculously secure military base such as this, imagine the hijinks it can do infiltrating Westphalian territory.

Last edited:
Ice cream truck spook mech when?

If it can get all the way into a ridiculously secure military base such as this, imagine the hijinks it can do infiltrating Westphalian territory.

"It turns out Westphalian staff officers really like Rocky Road. Oh, they also leave their keycards in their computers when they really shouldn't..."

"It turns out Westphalian staff officers really like Rocky Road. Oh, they also leave their keycards in their computers when they really shouldn't..."
*Kaboom*
"It's the 3rd time TODAY! What does the universe have against ice cream trucks!"

So far, we had the same ice cream truck an unintended victim of two separate weapons tests. Three would defenitely make it into a reoccurring meme, like the cabbage merchant's cart in the Avatar cartoon/anime.

Laser Shotguns here we come.

"I am about to kill you with the power of friendship and this Laser Shotgun I found." lol

So, near-future project I wanna do: Go back and rework the Arc Blade as a K-Fang weapon. I mean, what we've got is nice, but it can be better, y'know? Plus, it'd be poetic to use a material harvested using the original model to craft its successor.

It doesn't even need to be pure K-Class; if it needs to be hybridized, like a mechanical generator hooked up to a K-Fang blade, I'm fine with that.

Even better, Perseus' new spear proves that a K-Class Arc Blade would be likely to have additional functions on top of what it can already do. I expect some sort of electrical sword beam would be viable, for one. Maybe we could even convince the K-Fang to passively electrify itself without needing an external power source (ha, wishful thinking)!

Bonus points if we can also integrate Faedium somehow to power up its finisher.

So, near-future project I wanna do: Go back and rework the Arc Blade as a K-Fang weapon. I mean, what we've got is nice, but it can be better, y'know? Plus, it'd be poetic to use a material harvested using the original model to craft its successor.

It doesn't even need to be pure K-Class; if it needs to be hybridized, like a mechanical generator hooked up to a K-Fang blade, I'm fine with that.

Even better, Perseus' new spear proves that a K-Class Arc Blade would be likely to have additional functions on top of what it can already do. I expect some sort of electrical sword beam would be viable, for one. Maybe we could even convince the K-Fang to passively electrify itself without needing an external power source (ha, wishful thinking)!

Bonus points if we can also integrate Faedium somehow to power up its finisher.
Lets wait until Weve experimented with the Thunder Lung so get the most bang out of our buck

Faedium commercial batteries could probably be made with faedium swarf, sand, off-cuts and ground-up faedium recycling in some sort of conductive solution, or possibly embedded in cathodes. Grinding up broken bits and running them through grading sieves would get you a uniform particle size pretty easily. Reinforce a battery case enough and stick a standard battery-vent on it, and the tiny little pop-rock explosions from overcharging it aren't even going to be noticeable outside of potentially reduced battery capacity. Certainly less annoying than an acid battery venting on your engine compartment. Maybe non-uniform size would even help there, as none of the popping would occur at the same time. Using some sort of conductive cementing agent might be neat, but then you'd still have to worry about a grain popping inside of it and cracking the battery in half, which might actually be a useful way of preventing overcharging.

An of-the-shelf Battery Management System would probably work for preventing overcharging for pretty much any version of faedium battery you could think of, but I'm not sure how you would properly measure different kinds of energy being fed to chunk of the stuff.

You might be able to jumpstart your car with a small block of this stuff and a lighter, or power a locator beacon by building it into an emergency stove.

Lets wait until Weve experimented with the Thunder Lung so get the most bang out of our buck
Ideally, Mark 2 would include all the relevant K-Class we've captured so far, but I, for one, would be willing to settle for K-Fang alone and make the "all the K-Class" (potentially including some currently-undiscovered variant) model Mark 3. After all, K-Class is far enough beyond conventional materials that even just K-Fang would result in a pretty massive improvement.

I mean, I'm pretty sure K-Fang could be treated to be both stronger and sharper than steel (at least when used in a weapon), while simultaneously delivering far more of the Arc Blade's electrical charge to its target (steel is, after all, a pretty crappy conductor- it loses roughly 83% efficiency compared to copper). Biggest issue would probably be not advertising that it's organic in origin.

But according to Zulu, this is not something he would consider a failure. In fact, he was making a note of significant success, even if he was understating his satisfaction.

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate
my satisfaction.
DFRI
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except for the Free Brothers.

But there's no sense crying
over every mistake.
You just keep on trying
till you run out of shards.
And the Science
(SCIENCE!) gets done.
And you make a neat blaster.
For the people who smash
Bandit's face in!

-zulu, probably.

Me thinks it's time to find out if we can upgrade the Arc Saber. I am looking forward to finding out what happens when we do.

…Huh. I just realized something. Perseus was made from K-material that was grown listening to death metal, and that stuff is pretty heavily influenced by its surroundings. Should we set some up with K-pop to work with the magic crystals, or Wagner for an airframe? 1812 might work for an artillery mech…
We could even have the K-Fang cultures use Doom soundtracks exclusively.

Last edited:
…Huh. I just realized something. Perseus was made from K-material that was grown listening to death metal, and that stuff is pretty heavily influenced by its surroundings. Should set some up with K-pop to work with the magic crystals, or Wagner for an airframe? 1812 might work for an artillery mech…
...This makes more sense than it has any right to, and I hate you for making that observation.

...What would a Super Robot turn out like if we grew the K-Class using Super Robot opening themes?

Last edited:
If we make a model using mostly K-class, we should use Godzilla soundtracks.
Evangelion would just be asking for trouble.

As a thought, we might want to make a flying warship support unit. Something like a smaller, mass production pegasus, sacrificing being a drop ship for mass production while keeping the energy cannons and being a big flying warship. Why? Because it'd be cool, also because I imagine it'd be helpful against Wesphalians and Kaiju. Also, we should see about mounting dispersion fields on the pegasus and that flying carrier we made.

...What would a Super Robot turn out like if we grew the K-Class using Super Robot opening themes?
Super Robot exists in verse so this might actually be worth looking forward too.
If we make a model using mostly K-class, we should use Godzilla soundtracks.
Evangelion would just be asking for trouble.
Not sure how Godzilla would work since there's so much stuff on him that it'd be hard to choose which theme to use. I second your statement on Evangelion since that series is more depressing than anything else and SRQ is supposed to be a love letter and needs uplifting music.
As a thought, we might want to make a flying warship support unit. Something like a smaller, mass production pegasus, sacrificing being a drop ship for mass production while keeping the energy cannons and being a big flying warship. Why? Because it'd be cool, also because I imagine it'd be helpful against Wesphalians and Kaiju. Also, we should see about mounting dispersion fields on the pegasus and that flying carrier we made.
this is something that has been discussed before. and It's also why I am constatnly pushing for the DFRI to turn a battleship into a Space Battleship with a built in FU spinal cannon.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtP2Ysfe78&ab_channel=Sam%27sGamingShow

Inspiration of the Insane
Not feeling too great today, so to tide you all over, I'll be putting up a side story. And this time, I'll be putting in links in when these take place.

This takes place in between the end of the Day of Destruction and the beginning of December, Year Three.

???, 26 November, A.D. 2072
<ERROR, LOCALE NOT RECOGNIZED>

Ozawa Harumi tapped her foot impatiently as the creature's descent into the oceans finally completed. Her constant taps echoed incongruously, the sound of faint metal clashing with that of squishier, repurposed flesh. Nevermind the fact that they were at depths that would have crushed the Titanic into a teensy-tiny ball of metal and broken dreams - Ozawa hated this part for how long it took. "If there were friggin' stairs, I would've taken them," she grumbled.

All she heard was a huff from the creature, as if it were telling her to knock off the backseat driving.

But even her annoyance with the travel time - comforting as it could be given it was something to be annoyed about - couldn't quite overcome a slight sense of dread that descended upon her. She had left the sanctum with three kaiju, a few hundred-ish of the expendables, and a well thought out, planned, and awesome dream. Now, she was just returning with herself - and a bit of brain matter embedded with computer parts.

Never make promises before you leave, she thought to herself glumly.

The kaiju carrying her chose that moment to open its maw, revealing the - Ozawa blinked. The kaiju had taken her straight to the Incubators. That doesn't happen normally. What happened to making everyone walk everywhere? Doubt compounded unpleasantly now with being thrown off of routine as she walked forward, barely even noticing the kaiju's snout snap shut and withdraw, the fleshy walls sealing behind it on its way out.

"So you return." The voice was raspy, yet projected easily across the massive room. Large, transparent and organic vats lined the chamber as various pieces of kaiju floated in amniotic fluids, with twitching, growing kaiju slowly expanding to fill in the void of space in their tanks. More of the weird-ass colors that the unaugmented human eye couldn't see filtered through what the doc insisted wasn't glass (Ozawa still called them windows - what else were you gonna call them?), casting light and shadow in writhing, maddening ways that would have sent an artist straight to the funny house right after winning a gallery prize.

And in the center of it all was Doctor Sheol. What had once been a relatively nice business suit had strewn out into tatters, with bits of woven together biomass extending out and draping around him. Yellow, almost-pupiless eyes framed by papery and green skin peered at Ozawa from beneath wild, wispy hair bleached to bone white. And those freaky shadows were casting all sorts of patterns across his face that Ozawa was decidedly not happy about staring at.

"Yeah." She scuffed the ground with her foot, procrastinating actually approaching the raised platform for just one more moment. But she forced herself upwards, wanting to avoid the judging glare of an old man who was probably going to gig her a bit more severely than 'your term paper was late.' "I'm back. And-"

"You failed."

Ozawa recoiled slightly. Those two words were spoken at almost a whisper - yet all around her, they echoed right back into her, from every possible angle around her it felt like. She knew it was coming - and yet she was still too shocked to try to deny it either. "Y-yeah, I did." Steeling herself, she stepped forward, and presented to the old man the remaining bit of Titanosaur still writhing in her hands. "I-I promised I was gonna tear it all to the ground, and I couldn't."

"Mercury-" The word came out as a venomous hiss, with almost enough strength to melt the console he was obsessing over, "-was deactivated and forced into repairs-"

"Mercury wasn't the only problem!" Sheol glanced back up at her with frightening speed, his eyes now fully focused on her. "L-look, just plug the damn thing in!" Crossing her arms, Ozawa felt a little bit of her confidence return to her. "I was on schedule, but something got in the way long enough for Mercury to come back online, alright? It would've worked if-" Ozawa paused midrant as Sheol slammed the brain matter into the incubator pod with a loud squish. "Uh, gross-"

"Silence, child." Ozawa wisely decided to just cut her loss and stay quiet as the memories of the Titanosaur flicked past the holographic display. It appeared murky, as if someone had spilled oil all across the moving images-

-but the memories backed her up in this regard. "What. Is. This."

"The normies have a Super Robot." Ozawa's tone was as flat and annoyed as her mentor. The image of the broken and battered thing holding up one of the Egg's heads like a grisly trophy was frozen on display. The scene then reversed slightly, separating the image to the side as yet another visual appeared - the flying battleship and the transforming jet fighters, all fighting against the flying swarms, and still firing at the Titanosaur even as it was swatted down from the earth like a fly. Those three images remained hanging in the air, and the silence drew longer and longer. This time, Ozawa fidgeted, not wanting to draw attention by tapping her foot or anything. But she couldn't help but glance nervously at the old man, as -

Abruptly his hands on the controls lurched, and the image on the Super Robot magnified. Further, further, further still, zooming even past Mercury V's face as the bulky robot was getting to its feet from the Yukimura Institute wreckage. And it zoomed in on the open cracks. "...this…" Sheol hissed. The ambient lights twisted suddenly - and the multihued lights began to fade, as deep red slight began to crawl down along the walls slowly. "...that is kaiju flesh." The image zoomed in yet further, revealing the torn carapace link laying exposed beneath the cracks. "That is my work."

There it was. Ozawa had missed it earlier, but when the Titanosaur was smashing it into the ground, there had been giant cracks in it. And now that they weren't in the height of the moment, she could see it as clearly as he could - layers of what looked like kaiju skin, spread just beneath the metal surface as if it were chain mail. And despite how thoroughly smashed it was, the damned thing still got back up on its feet long enough to hit her with that damned cannon.

All at once, the pressure on Ozawa's shoulders were released - and Sheol simply nodded at her. "Despite your failure…you could not have accounted for this one, no." His voice, once raspy and bitter, was now calm. Eerily, flatly calm. "First, the robot they used in San Francisco...now this. The fruits of my labor, wrought from my hands...the likelihood that they were woven into both of them...tch." His frame began to tremble, a trail of what looked almost like blood seeping from his lip as his eyebrows twitched. "The Union laughed away my research, and the hypocrites now use it themselves!?"

"Yeah." Ozawa was looking at the thing even closer - in the heat of the moment she hadn't noticed. "It's like they just wanted to make their own Mercury or something, y'know? Not that it lasted that long or anything."

Sheol's eyebrow twitched - then his eyes grew thoughtful. "Their own 'Mercury,' you say," he said slowly. "Their own Mercury…" It was as if the old man was rolling the phrase around in his tongue.

Sheol leaned back, before a coughing, raspy sound began to wrack through his body as it heaved from the effort. At first, Ozawa thought the old man was having another of his moments - but then the sound just kept escalating, the coughing slowly growing more coherent. Growing into laughter. Mad, directed laughter that washed over all of the creatures, all of his domain in waves, and the creatures yet to be incubated seemed to twitch and spasm as if reacting to their master's state of mind.

"You, uh…" Ozawa raised a finger questioningly. "...you alright, boss?"

"Their own Mercuries!" Sheol's voice boomed, the clearest she'd ever heard since they did a runner from the Union's men. "That is the game they wish to play, do they!? Their own monsters to fight mine!?"

"Are you listening-?"

"They will learn!" Nope, he ain't listening. "They will curse the day they dared to try matching wits with me!" The images of Mercury and the other robot overlaid with one another as his fingers glided across the controls, already sequencing something new. "I will show them the work of the true master!" Strings of kaiju DNA began to flow across the screen, various spare body parts pulled from existing specimens and tentatively being flesh sculpted for his new purposes as spindly fingers glided across the keyboard. "My answer will grind them into the trenches! Beauty, savagery, and insult to injury!"

"I'll, uh, find out about them then," Ozawa said, even though her words clearly weren't getting to the man. "And, uh, just leave. Yeah? Cool?" All she heard back was maniacal laughter booming across the room as she slowly backpedaled. She gave a vague thumbs up, her thumb resembling more of a hooked claw than anything else at this stage in her augmentation. "Cool! I'll get right on it. Good talk, Doc."

Yet even as she left, the very implications of the doctor's new obsession sent a slight shiver down her spine. "Our own Mercury, huh." Ozawa Harumi mulled on that thought. "There was that one walking tank I saw…"

Slowly, her own grin began to cross her face. "Well, I'm sure I could find us a few specimens to get us started…"

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I was rooting for her to survive the meeting? I know she's a horrible person, but... well, the common trope of killing minions for failure would have been just unfair here. We worked hard on getting the resources needed to ruin her plan!

All we need now ...... iss for Westphalia to get their mad scintist and the n for the Free Brothers to start doing MAd Science...................... We need more Super Robots and Pilots.

I'm kinda concerned about how we've accidentally inspired Sheol to make kaiju doppelgangers of the Super Robots. Like, if he can manage a kaiju Mercury like he's trying for, it should be more resistant to cold (and thus remove Mercury's primary offense). And kaiju versions of Beowulf and Perseus seem pretty likely too.

At least Valiant's esoteric enough that we probably won't need to worry much about a kaiju replica showing up...

I'm kinda concerned about how we've accidentally inspired Sheol to make kaiju doppelgangers of the Super Robots. Like, if he can manage a kaiju Mercury like he's trying for, it should be more resistant to cold (and thus remove Mercury's primary offense). And kaiju versions of Beowulf and Perseus seem pretty likely too.

At least Valiant's esoteric enough that we probably won't need to worry much about a kaiju replica showing up...
Sheol probably doesn't know that Beowulf exists. he apparently didn't know Perseus existed until he was told about it. So I think we are safe in that regard until shoel actually start's looking into the other Super Robot that was encountered. OTOH all copies and dopplegangers have always ended up sub par and taken out easily once the trick to doing so it known.

Last edited:

Yeah, but the principles behind it could make for some terrifying Kaiju improvements. Specifically, I'm imagining how annoying it'd be if Dr Sheol made Kaiju parts plug and play compatible with each other. A Kaiju being able to piece itself back together by slapping limbs from other Kaiju onto itself sounds like a nightmare.

Back