What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting is open
Ok, I've read through the update and checked on the maps (they haven't been updated since we don't have scouts out). Some things that we need to consider.

1. Quintura Diablo - We have a Warp Rift trying to form here. This is absolutely not random. This is the Sub-Sector's Capital (I think), the headquarters of both the Star Mechanicum/Mechanicus and the Psykana. It ALSO has Maphara, you know, the 101 billion Pop world. Thankfully we can mitigate this by shoving actions into the warp rift investigation. But we can also consecrate the last unconsecrated world in that system - Twin Flower.

2. Symphonies - I know this is going to be unpopular. But I think that we shouldn't use A Cry For The Future. The warp rift situation is unlikely to be helped by us stirring up the warp. We should wait until we know what we can do to fix it.

3. Choirs - I know that people want to use our Choirs for finding DOAT ruins but I really think that we should use Devouring Mechadendrite instead. Using it now would get us 7.5 Actions instead of 5. We could try to do both but that would mean cutting down our scout ships to 22 for however many turns that voters want to run Hippity Hoppity.

Ok, I've read through the update and checked on the maps (they haven't been updated since we don't have scouts out). Some things that we need to consider.

1. Quintura Diablo - We have a Warp Rift trying to form here. This is absolutely not random. This is the Sub-Sector's Capital (I think), the headquarters of both the Star Mechanicum/Mechanicus and the Psykana. It ALSO has Maphara, you know, the 101 billion Pop world. Thankfully we can mitigate this by shoving actions into the warp rift investigation. But we can also consecrate the last unconsecrated world in that system - Twin Flower.

2. Symphonies - I know this is going to be unpopular. But I think that we shouldn't use A Cry For The Future. The warp rift situation is unlikely to be helped by us stirring up the warp. We should wait until we know what we can do to fix it.

3. Choirs - I know that people want to use our Choirs for finding DOAT ruins but I really think that we should use Devouring Mechadendrite instead. Using it now would get us 7.5 Actions instead of 5. We could try to do both but that would mean cutting down our scout ships to 22 for however many turns that voters want to run Hippity Hoppity.
1. Agree. I've drafted it out as part of the free actions.
2. Not immediately, certainly. But yeah, maybe we should be singing some new symphonies. I drafted some out, though not with our new songs. We could probably make a killer calm the warp symphony.
3. Devouring only works for non-research [General] actions. So unless you don't want to deal with the rift then there's no point.

We can't do research and hippity hoppity at the same time because we can't turn on Glint of Genius. So let's sing a research-focused symphony to prepare to research whatever we get from Hippity Hoppity!

[X] Plan: This is Not a Rift-Friendly Federation
-[X] [Free] Consecrate In Sacred Sand (
Twin Flower - Quintara Diablo)
-[X] [Free] Psykana:
Activate Hippity Hoppity, it's finally time to find out where our ancestors left their property. Leave 10 choirs free, put the rest back on scouts.
-[X] [Psykana] Budding Warp Rift Studies (3/3)
-[X] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out
(Write-In): Oh, Starchild, did we miss any major-ish issue of corruption left after the Storm in our local area? And if yes, where and what is it?
-[X] [Psykana] Sing a Symphony:
--[X] Symphony of Innovation and rediscovery (tech focused) A Glint of Genius - "Through inspiration, desire" – The spark of invention that drives the entire journey. Diverting Power - "Let Harm not come to us." - why we want better technology, to protect us from a hostile and uncertain galaxy. Hippity Hoppity - "Where is my Star Child-damned inheritance!" – Once we had all of this knowledge. It's been lost and we want it back, dammit! The Devouring Mechadendrite - "Industry must expand to meet ever-increasing demands" – A focus on the work needed to turn ideas into reality. Hiss of the Steam Valves - "The music born by industry sighing freely." – Our final goal, a harmonious society of freedom and abundance, made possible by technology.

I'm willing to take other ideas - I also have ideas for an anti-fate symphony and an industry-heavy symphony. Or we could sing a couple of songs, or we could upgrade a ton of melodies to get our anti-chaos song to level III. But all are better here than just doing research without glint of genius.

Last edited:
[X] Plan: The fuck is that and asking Starchild if we missed something
-[X] [Free] Consecrate In Sacred Sand (Twin Flower - Quintara Diablo. If already consecrated then Volion's Fall - Great Volion)
-[X] [Free] Psykana: Activate Hippity Hoppity, it's finally time to find out where our ancestors left their property, Activate Glint of Genius with 40 Choirs and put the rest of the choirs on scouting duty again
-[X] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out (Write-In): Oh, Starchild, did we miss any major-ish issue of corruption left after the Storm in our local area? And if yes, where and what is it?
-[X] Research:
--[X] Rejuvenat Experimentation (0/1)
--[X] Noosphere Unity (1/2) [Banked research]

Last edited:
I like both the ideas of upgrading a ton of Melodies and getting that research Song. But perhaps we should try to preempt the warp rift solution by trying to find songs that could help stop it (or songs that would make a Symphony that could stop it).

Edit: @One Autumn Leaf, if you change the Consecrate target to Twin Flower we could get the system that the warp rift is forming in to be completely consecrated.

Last edited:
Ok I made mine an actual vote - don't do research without Glint of Genius.

I like the idea of doing another symphony now - though melodies to upgrade see no evil is also tempting. Or some more songs. I wonder when we'll get 3 songs per action. With all our new choir investment it can't be too far off.

Uh - we're good with not consecrating the system that has a rift in it? And doing research without our full research bonus? These seem like mistakes to me @One Autumn Leaf ?

Is there a reason for those that I'm not seeing?

Last edited:
Uh - we're good with not consecrating the system that has a rift in it? And doing research without our full research bonus? These seem like mistakes to me @One Autumn Leaf ?

Is there a reason for those that I'm not seeing?
Oh it's cause I am stupid and didn't adjust the plan. Hold on

Why are people voting for the plan that doesn't consecrate the planet that is currently in danger?
Quintara Diablo(according to the maps) is consecrated already.

Edit: With all the adjustments we will have 40 choirs on Glint, 100 Choirs on Hippity Hoppity, and 22 Choirs going to fill out the scouting ships to get some scouting done. As for the planet consecration Quintara Diablo(I think that's the name) is already consecrated on the map so I think that it's fine? But I can do a if else statement.

Last edited:
-[X] [Free] Consecrate In Sacred Sand (Twin Flower - Quintara Diablo. If already consecrated then Volion's Fall - Great Volion)
-[X] [Free] Psykana: Activate Hippity Hoppity, it's finally time to find out where our ancestors left their property, Activate Glint of Genius with 40 Choirs and put the rest of the choirs on scouting duty again
-[X] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out (Write-In): Oh, Starchild, did we miss any major-ish issue of corruption left after the Storm in our local area? And if yes, where and what is it?
-[X] Research:
--[X] Rejuvenat Experimentation (0/1)
--[X] Noosphere Unity (1/2) [Banked research]
[X] Plan: This is Not a Rift-Friendly Federation

The plan will with all the adjustments we will have 40 choirs on Glint, 100 Choirs on Hippity Hoppity, and 22 Choirs going to fill out the scouting ships to get some scouting done. As for the planet consecration Quintara Diablo(I think that's the name) is already consecrated on the map so I think that it's fine but it is on the docket if it's not. As for research, we have our usual priorities. The only differences between the two plans are Research vs Symphony. Both plans are good.

Last edited:
Quintara Diablo(according to the maps) is consecrated already.
But the system's not consecrated because every inhabited planet in it isn't consecrated. The consecration bonuses scale - a planet is the smallest unit, then a system, then a sub-sector (then presumably a sector but that's out of the scope of the gam).

Edit: With all the adjustments we will have 40 choirs on Glint, 100 Choirs on Hippity Hoppity, and 22 Choirs going to fill out the scouting ships to get some scouting done. As for the planet consecration Quintara Diablo(I think that's the name) is already consecrated on the map so I think that it's fine? But I can do a if else statement.
Don't we only have 143 choirs total? 42 of which are from the scouts? So this means we now have 3 additional scouts active with this plan? I'd kind of like to see what state the rest of the sector is in after the warp storm.

Quintura Diablo is the star system. It has 4 planets that are inhabited: Diablo Major, Diablo Minor, Maphara and Twin Flower. Of those the first 3 are Consecrated but the fourth isn't.

Edit: Ninja'd. Anyway @Neablis I have no idea how our scout Choirs are counted. We could have 143 Assigned Choirs plus 42 Choirs (from scouts) or we could have 143 Choirs total. Both not counting the 19 Free Choirs that we have right now. @HeroCooky, it would be really good if you could make a 'state of the nation' information/status post and update it every turn. Some information that could be moved/copied to it is the total number of Choirs and their assignment breakdown; the incoming number of Choirs in the training pipeline; diplomatic status with neighbors and other important metrics that we, in quest, would be able to predict/get reports on.

Last edited:
Don't we only have 143 choirs total? 42 of which are from the scouts? So this means we now have 3 additional scouts active with this plan? I'd kind of like to see what state the rest of the sector is in after the warp storm.
We have 19 free ones in the "Fleet" tab. As shown below
-[] 19x Free Celestial Choirs

Quintura Diablo is the star system. It has 4 planets that are inhabited: Diablo Major, Diablo Minor, Maphara and Twin Flower. Of those the first 3 are Consecrated but the fourth isn't.

Ahh. I see. Well the if-else statement still works then. There might be more work for QM tomorrow but gotta be safe

@Profilozof please delete your version. I know its your plan but there are some key adjustments I have made to it that are important

Last edited:
Voting is open
Back