What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 4 hours, 24 minutes
[X] Plan: The Star Child Model

Voting for this for now.

But @One Autumn Leaf maybe think about adding:

-[] Commit to doing the [] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out action next turn to determine the Star Child's perspective on the eleven spirits and other non-Chaos spirits/Gods.

and/or

-[] Consult the divine Sphinxes for their perspective on ensuring smooth communication.

Voting for this for now.

But @One Autumn Leaf maybe think about adding:

-[] Commit to doing the [] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out action next turn to determine the Star Child's perspective on the eleven spirits and other non-Chaos spirits/Gods.

and/or

-[] Consult the divine Sphinxes for their perspective on ensuring smooth communication.
I will add the consult but I don't think it's necessary to ask StarChild but more relevantly I am also kind of scared that the Star Child might decide to be...Ruthless, Our god is a nice god but he is not that nice of a god

Last edited:
ALRIGHTY! The S.T.C. has WON!
I now need y'all to roll me some dice! One 1d100 per Development Category per person, that means no more than ONE Dice Per Person, with the Category being rolled for stated beforehand.

The highest roll, and its Category, gains the STC Fragment, after which I need someone to roll me a 1d10 for the possible shinies you can get, with each number corresponding to a different shiny!

May the dice be in your favor.
.....Oh

that's why you were on about doing the STC.... this was just a gacha and to watch us flounder and grasp for what we want to try to get and watch the chaos unfold. Like holy shit, that is really leaving it to RNG and the fact you put tables together for it for all of them... oh boy this is going to be wild.

With development category, do you mean like Heavy Industry, Military Industry, Void Industry, etc?

If I'm wrong, I'll change it later, but rolling for Heavy Industry anyway.

EDIT: YIPPIE.
Anddddd we already have a winner. I doubt anything else beats a 98

going for Void Industry
And it Definitely wasn't Void Industry. holy crap that was a bad roll.

Anyone except Decimus.
Fair enough, he won the category the STC was in, so someone else roll it before he gets the one thing the QM put in there as a joke and would then have to make work and fit.

You've already rolled the winning Dice. :V

Also;
6 - Planet-Devouring Mining Ship
.....Okay, I mean we have the Dead Space Planet cracker mining thing. Yes, Yes I Know its not cracking open the planet to mine its core nor what it actually does, but its devouring a planet in order to mine the thing. That is a LOT of resources and I can see it having a lot of industry and can make a lot of metals, alloys, and some gases.... question is how does it affect us? and what it costs to build.

Planet-Devouring Mining Ship ah yes, I see where the Votann get it from
warhammer40k.fandom.com

Bastion-class Commerce Vessel

Bastion-class Commerce Vessels are common voidships found in the Leagues of Votann Fleets and are considered among the smaller vessels employed by the Kin, though by the standards of the other star-faring races they are quite large, well-armed and more than capable in a fight. More common among...
warhammer40k.fandom.com

Stronghold-class Commerce Vessel

Stronghold-class Commerce Vessels are powerful, battleship-sized voidships found among the Leagues of Votann Fleets. Stronghold-class Commerce Vessels are typical of the voidships employed by the Leagues of Votann and are extremely well-powered, large, and technologically-advanced starships by...
So basically mining and factories/processing ships that are mostly for space mining and commerce but are so advanced they can be used as military ships and go head to head with Imperial Cruisers and win?

well lets see how it is as we build up and how big they are but otherwise this should be good.

Construction Knight and a Self-Repair Alloy, respectively.
NOOOOOOOO Construction and Logistics would have been so much better for us! and having the Self Repair Alloy to make our fleet even more tanky and refusing to die. Seriously I would have loved the Construction Knight more. Sad.

FYI, literally every single Knight in the galaxy is an up-jumped loggin mech that was militarized.

And I wrote Planet. Not asteroid.

As for points, well. You'll see later today. :]
Oh yah, that's the funny of the lore in 40k often times. Isn't the Terminator armor actually a hazmat suit and is supposed to be used to refuel the Warp Drives or just for use in the Reactors? Also before anyone says anything I'm talking about the hazmat suits the Terminators were based on, the human sized ones, not the Astartes version. But yah the knights all just being up-jumped construction/logging mechs will never not be funny.

indeed, we do have a few worlds we can use that on... seriously what are we even gonna do with it? stack 5 level developments in that thing or create a Development of Heavy Industry passively over some turns?

I'm more talking about how seeing how a DOAT ship is made from the smallest bolt to the reactor will help our own ship design efforts. There's a lot that goes into a ship and a STC fragment explicitly explains how to make everything in a completed design. We have the design so there is presumably everything that goes into the ship itself that as also DOAT level tech.
....OH right, its a STC fragment but its a complete schematic on the One Design stored on there, every bit of it. So every bit of parts and equipment that the ship is meant to have is on there as well... wonder if the parts are things we can slap on other ships?

What? No. That would've been a Non-Combat Rated Plasma Reactor Engineering Suit. Higher numbers don't equal better, it's a loot table.
..... AHHHHHH, I want.

There is several planets here that deserve to be eaten. Like Vlllul the planet with 9 billion pop...after 250 years of terraforming. Kill the damn thing
Yah not much good there. We don't have much reason to bother with it as the biosphere is just rocky temperate too, nothing unique there. I would say to let some interesting ones like Trif with its Lilypad Ocean, Ivuh with its Planetary Mangroves, Scil with its Petrified Woods and New Growth Forests, and Yeogawa with its Flowering Abdundance. Its worth to do to see if those biospheres do anything.

Made them myself. One was (Thule But Horny - Literally) aka Minor Military Bioaugmetics.

Thule 1: "These horns allow me to better integrate with the Machine Spirit of my fighter due to the embedded neuroelectronic-interliked lattices layered over my brain."
Thule 2: "They also make for great handlebars." *Waggles Eyebrows*
Thule 1: *Punches Thule 2*
Thule 2, Muffled: "Worth it!"
..... oh DAMN IT. they would. It would be legit good Bioaugmetics to increase their skills and flying ability but always be some sex joke made about them... I will admit that joke was worth it, that was hilarious. Great for embarrassing other Thules and giving ideas.

Philosophical differences were dealt with differently within societies, as vast and varied as those whose leading members were entirely of different species.

Yet, even for those of the same species, the cultures you were brought up in could drastically change how such differences are handled.

In the Imperium, they ended with one side purged, and often for good reason. Imperial good reason, mind, but reason all the same.

They were dealt with vigorous debate in the Federation, and often such debates were transmitted across planets, systems, or even into the wider Federation.

And when a topic such as how the Droman Creed would deal with the Eleven Spirits came up, the viewership shot into the stratospheres of each world.
Ohhh boy the Entire Federation is watching this. We really can't mess up on this but it has such ramifications for the future interactions with other faiths or religions that aren't chaos tainted.

Thank you loyal citizens for watching the mental breakdown your priesthood is about to have. Brought to you live through the Noosphere on Twitch
pfffft, okay that was great. and even this far Twitch survived. Have funny react.

Actually do some Songs and I'll start answering again. This is a Core Mechanic, and it is not utilized as such.
Oh boy HINTS and Advice from the QM that we should do more songs. And that it is a Core Mechanic of our Civilization but treated as weapon or such.

Seriously we made the Genius Song to improve our Research and made its upgraded version that is still just sitting there. We have seen we can use the Songs in other aspects of life. Seriously just one action making some songs or doing more melodies. it doesn't have to be full on psykana turns.

I need an actual priest. Holy shit. Everything I write just sounds like it can lead to the goddamn Protestant Reformation

Edit: Somebody please come up with something better. I can't be the one doing this :V

Edit: if this plan blows up in our face I will not be crucified
HAHAHAHA, ahhh I get that feeling a little. just that entire post made me crack up. Religion isn't easy and how every word can be taken a different way and get the wrong message from it and the fear of trying to avoid all of that.

1. What would a 1 have gotten on us the gacha table for Heavy Industry?
2. is the Non-Combat Rated Plasma Reactor Engineering Suit what the Terminators suits for the Space Marines were based off of? just the later being Upscaled versions with armor and guns?
3. How is that planet with Megaflora doing? that one with the trees reaching the Skies that was right before the Irrita World in that Update?

Edit: anyone up for doing Black Ash Clan Formal Contact, a Song, and Anti-dutchy fleet plan next turn so we can keep on moving along many fronts instead of monofocus turns?

Last edited:
Void Ship Construction And Design got updated i think the white numbers for light freighters went up a bit but have not spotted any other changes.
The temple ship is missing from Available Classes section

Edit: anyone up for doing Black Ash Clan Formal Contact, a Song, and Anti-dutchy fleet plan next turn so we can keep on moving along many fronts instead of monofocus turns?
I'm good with the song and the anti-duchy fleet building, but I still would rather focus our diplomatic ambitions on finishing integrating the Ashan. We're pretty close:
5. You need another one before unlocking the "Buy-Out" integration option.

Could you include something about supporting spirits that act like angels/subgods of the Starchild and have proven it analog to kinstatus?

I.e.
The Motholme spirits can continue as before.
But if, for example, Oarin the "goddess" of justice decides to work for the Starchild (Sharing the faith she gains, going further into doing it the Starchilds way than acceptance requires) and does so consistently for long enough, she'd be accepted into the Starchild-faith canon and her worship would be supported by Starchild-faith institutions as part of the Starchilds will.

Hoping to get subgods for the races (the Kil'drabi one prayed to by the Kil'drabi, the Yeeni one prayed to by the Thules and Yeeni, etc).
And domain ones. Imagine a chaoscult abducting victims for later sacrifice, those victims praying to the angel of justice who immediately tells Cerberus. (Or infiltration by duchy spies being caught by a civ that gets off one prayer before being killed)

1. What would a 1 have gotten on us the gacha table for Heavy Industry?
2. is the Non-Combat Rated Plasma Reactor Engineering Suit what the Terminators suits for the Space Marines were based off of? just the later being Upscaled versions with armor and guns?
3. How is that planet with Megaflora doing? that one with the trees reaching the Skies that was right before the Irrita World in that Update?
1. Hyper-efficient solar collectors on par with Plasma Reactors.
2. Ye. :V
3. Very well, no complaints from the inhabitants.
The temple ship is missing from Available Classes section
Intentional. Temple Ships will be unique, rather than anything else. Therefore; sub-turn with Designs voted upon.

I mean sure I guess we can ask the star child but next turn that does mean that we might not do a song probably.

I dislike locking in an action but hm hold on

Edit: okay I have added in a "ask the starchild in the next 50 years" option. If we ever get some breathing room that's when we will ask

Last edited:
the Kil'drabi one prayed to by the Kil'drabi, the Yeeni one prayed to by the Thules and Yeeni, etc
The Kil'drabi and Yeeni both are pretty much 100% Star Child followers, with the first having a side of Ancestor Worship to that from their time from before the Federation. And the Yeeni Religions were usurped by the Droman Creed.

Also, lol to the second one. :V

The Kil'drabi and Yeeni both are pretty much 100% Star Child followers, with the first having a side of Ancestor Worship to that from their time from before the Federation. And the Yeeni Religions were usurped by the Droman Creed.
Yeah they don't have spirits currently, but I'd like there to be more spirits that take specific jobs in the name of the Starchild.

Like imagine Thule praying for a Yeeniboyfriend to the {warpspirit/angel/feather/whatever you want to call it] responsible for Yeeni, the faith is split between the waprspirit and the Starchild, while the warpspirit deals with it and the Starchild only hearing about it if they check the "handled by Yeeni warpspirit" folder in their prayer-mailbox.

Divine subcontracting! (In more ways than one when the Thule are involved...)
I mean sure I guess we can ask the star child but next turn that does mean that we might not do a song probably.

I dislike locking in an action but hm hold on

Edit: okay I have added in a "ask the starchild in the next 50 years" option. If we ever get some breathing room that's when we will ask
(@One Autumn Leaf )
Any feedback on my request?
Could you include something about supporting spirits that act like angels/subgods of the Starchild and have proven it analog to kinstatus?

I.e.
The Motholme spirits can continue as before.
But if, for example, Oarin the "goddess" of justice decides to work for the Starchild (Sharing the faith she gains, going further into doing it the Starchilds way than acceptance requires) and does so consistently for long enough, she'd be accepted into the Starchild-faith canon and her worship would be supported by Starchild-faith institutions as part of the Starchilds will.

Hoping to get subgods for the races (the Kil'drabi one prayed to by the Kil'drabi, the Yeeni one prayed to by the Thules and Yeeni, etc).
And domain ones. Imagine a chaoscult abducting victims for later sacrifice, those victims praying to the angel of justice who immediately tells Cerberus. (Or infiltration by duchy spies being caught by a civ that gets off one prayer before being killed)

(@One Autumn Leaf )
Any feedback on my request?
I kinda did that in the vote regarding asking the StarChild his opinions on Spirits and such. A approach regarding religions being that of First Among Equals like the current vote is doing is one thing. Adding lesser Warp Spirits and angels and such to it is...well the StarChild needs to weigh in on that one

I kinda did that in the vote regarding asking the StarChild his opinions on Spirits and such. A approach regarding religions being that of First Among Equals like the current vote is doing is one thing. Adding lesser Warp Spirits and angels and such to it is...well the StarChild needs to weigh in on that one
Would have preferred weighting the dice a bit by having a gentle start of it, but if that ("none of that without asking SC first") is your position, ok.

Would have preferred weighting the dice a bit by having a gentle start of it, but if that ("none of that without asking SC first") is your position, ok.
Yeah the reason for it is because I am trying to walk the tightrope of "Religious Governance" vs "The literal opinions of the StarChild".

Because if we do Warp Spirits and the big man goes "Nah" it's gonna such a lot more when we have given leeway to other warps spirits vs religious law being tolerant.

The pragmatism is fair but it's me more covering our bases and being cautious...partly because I am very scared of causing a religious schism with this one
It won't cause a schism. It will just kill the spirits or make us give up the planet, at worst.

I think that Starchild will probably allow us to experiment a bit on the planet with henotheism on a planetary scale for people on that planet and/or born on it.

Last edited:
Voting will open in 4 hours, 24 minutes
Back