Son Quest (Dragon Ball)

[X] "I will make my journey with Goku and Bulma."
-[X] "But can we play a small prank on them before the start of my journey?"

@Leingod I don't suppose we can use the Pheonix Cap to train with? It might be possible, due to us training to handle large amounts of Ki (our boosted amounts), and thus are able to handle smaller amounts of Ki with much greater skill.

@will408914
Time to cash in your boon. Pick one of these two Techniques:
  • Minor Ki Healing: You can speed the healing process for yourself and others twofold; Health and Burned Attributes heal at a rate of 2 points per day instead of 1, and Ki Shield recovers at a rate of 2 per hour instead of 1. Cost: 1 Ki.
  • Proud Dragon's Challenge: You let out a roar laced with ki to intimidate opponents; if successful, your opponent hesitates in their attack and automatically cedes the initiative for this round of combat to you. Cost: 1 Ki.

@Leingod I don't suppose we can use the Pheonix Cap to train with? It might be possible, due to us training to handle large amounts of Ki (our boosted amounts), and thus are able to handle smaller amounts of Ki with much greater skill.

Not really; the boost from it fades away after about a minute at most.

2 points per day; 1 point on the first day if you drain your Ki dry.
So we can sustainably use the technique twice a day.

Different question, by burning stats, can we train even faster (assuming we do it at a sustainable rate to our healing)? Seems like we should be able to, because we can push ourselves farther and harder, and still be all rested and healed up again the next day to do so again.

Last edited:
By burning stats, can we train even faster (assuming we do it at a sustainable rate to our healing)? Seems like we should be able to, because we can push ourselves farther and harder, and still be all rested and healed up again the next day to do so again.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to veto that, at least for now. In-story it's because your body and ki, as well as your mastery over both, isn't well-developed enough for you to abuse them like that safely.
Out of story it's because you've already got several avenues of greater strength that adding that on top of it would just break the quest/require a lot of rebalancing on my part.
Ask again when you're at least on Master Roshi's level.

@will408914
Time to cash in your boon. Pick one of these two Techniques:
  • Minor Ki Healing: You can speed the healing process for yourself and others twofold; Health and Burned Attributes heal at a rate of 2 points per day instead of 1, and Ki Shield recovers at a rate of 2 per hour instead of 1. Cost: 1 Ki.
  • Proud Dragon's Challenge: You let out a roar laced with ki to intimidate opponents; if successful, your opponent hesitates in their attack and automatically cedes the initiative for this round of combat to you. Cost: 1 Ki.
Mmm, tough choice... I guess I'll go with Minor Ki Healing, since it seems like a stepping stone towards better ki healing. And healing is always a nice thing to have, so that injured allies don't die.

Your father doesn't need you to suggest that; there's a reason he made you promise not to tell them about the possibility of you taking them with you to get the Dragon Balls.
Yes but this is a son asking his father to play a prank on two people he'll be journeying with, this will probably make him and our siblings proud especially since we apparently didn't have much of a funny bone.

Plus I want to make sure we will be pranking them into thinking they'll be capital punishment when they'll actually be traveling with us.

Back